(2011/07) July 2011

jas> ya...i can feel ur terrible...*pad on shoulder*....jus endure, sure antibiotic will act fast n u will recover within these few days!!! dun worry, also partly weather is crazy....alot ppl r sick, not only u...soo pump urself w Vit C...n lots of water....water....

janice, yeah.. melrose packaging or biang. but i prefer quality of cakes then just packaging only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yaya> but those aunties won't right? they will go for e looks as well as e taste.

any1 tried ecreative cakes?? i tot of calling them up for a cake tasting..hehee..

My bro had been ordering their cakes for my niece nephew birthday parties. The cakes taste good.

I ordered their full month packages for my colleagues and friends 2yrs ago.

I get good feedback too.

Any gd place to recommend for baby showers with reasonable price? I do not want to host it at home as I'm inviting at least abt 70pax which will be too cramp. No relatives staying in condo too.

janice,

ecreative cakes are nice... soft n tasty... have been ordering their cakes for my #1's birthdays... one minus pt is they dun have a lot or new designs... are running out of designs for #1 cake le...

XW

i have been ordering birthday cakes from ecreative too.

but now that my 2 boys are older and request only for their favourite Mickey Mouse, Sesame St or Barney cakes, i have switched to ordering from Bengawan Solo or Polar Cake for their birthdays.

You can see which cartoon character your #1 likes and order from there.

can view from the website too.

haiz i also have blocked nose today & still have to report to work..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i don't intend to have boxes of cakes for relatives...just gonna put them in the buffet line..ie cupcakes, AKK, red eggs...

so many days din come in so many 2nd hand items seller flocking our thread? Lolz..

Janice, such last stage alr u changing gynae? not recommended bah.. better stick to current gynae for easier follow up. anyway, y must u call adhoc for booking? tot after each visit she shuld schedule ur next visit? that's wat my gynae's nurses did for me..

my clarins oil still have more than half a bottle left!

haha........

that shows how diligently i have been applying on my tummy for this pregnancy.

for my #1, i used up 3 bottles.

for my #2, i used only 1.5 bottles.

for this #3, 1/4 bottle so far, and still trying to hit the 1/2 mark.

haha.......

fullmonth cake> thanks everyone for e inputs on ecreative. sounds good! i m actually kinda sick of bengawan solo. so most likely i m ordering it from ecreative due to e good comments [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks all!

zachmommy> yeah i know, this is why i m still sticking to her but ...not 100% sure of her delivery skills. i hv e impulse of seeing another gynae in between to get 2nd opinion coz my bb gal's head is big n her face super chumbby. but coz 1st review is always more ex, so i try to give up this idea.

jas> i only use 1 bottle..wanna get another 1 but..hmm..cut cost. not cheap ley

i bot the 2nd bottle but yet to open ceromony...hahahaha....cos trying to wipe dry on the 1st bottle before using the 2nd bottle....looks like unlikely to finish the 2nd bottle as well...anyway, can use it after pop, right??? because it hv the toning effect as well!!!!

any1 got any postnatal massage experience?

postnatal massage lady to recommend? is it done during our confinement period or after? can do for c-section or only for natural birth?

wow loads of advertisements.. n hmm missed a pamper offer from one of e Aug mum..

exciting tat one of us has given birth Congratz to Syrah!

pic on FB cutie..

ya, loads of ads..

Went for check up yesterday. baby weighs 2.6kg at 35 wks...

Aiyah I'm missing out on so much by not being on FB!!! Need to get down to it soon....Congrats Syrah!!!! Is it boy or girl, anyone knows?

Jas > oh dear sorry to hear you're sick, hope you are feeling better now. So have you decided on your baby's birthday yet? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xinyue > that's a good weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm going for checkup later too, will see how heavy my baby is now, can't wait!

Still feel very unprepared for the baby, and panicking a bit cos still so many things to do. In a few weeks' time we'll be mummies, yikes!! So excited yet nervous.

Has everyone packed their hospital bag already? I need to go buy my nursing bras soon so can start packing. Btw Motherhood fair this weekend, 2-5 June, at Expo.

coopie

better now after an earful from dr tan and a course of antibiotics.

luckily blood test results came out negative and i no need to continue another cycle of antibiotics.

still haven't decided on bb birthday yet.

but likely 1st July or 4th July. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyone signed up cord banking already?

i have already signed up with stemcord. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

coopie> Syrah hving twins!!! her prince is out 1st, follow by princess!!!

xinyue> i oso gynae appt ltr...hahahaa...i m 34w5d...but gynae sure said consider 35wks bahhh...cos 1-2days no diff to him....hahahhaaa....

coopie

in case you're interested in cord blood banking, stemcord has tie up program with dr tan.

not sure the exact cost/discount, cos mine is under the 3rd child scheme which also have discounts here and there.

you can call them up to enquire and tell them your gynae is dr ann tan.

called up my CL last nite to check when her last assignment ends.

she said end of this week, then next one will be me already.

so relieved to hear that.

cos am afraid if little princess decides to come out earlier, then CL wun be avail.

but now i dun need to worry already, cos she'll be on standby for me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

coopie > Is it? I still exclaimed to gynae, saying so BIG?? Baby grew 700g in just 3 weeks.. Gynae says baby's heartbeat not as loud as 3 weeks ago (I was week 32 then).. Hope all is ok and baby comes out on EDD itself

ya, me too feel so unprepared. like so many things not done. no matter how much we prepared, we still don't know what to expect.. sigh..

Yet to get nursing bra too.. remember your disposable undies.

feimei > update us.. am 35 wks 3 days.

by the way, gynae wants me to go for the CTG test in 2 weeks time. Any idea what is that for??

Just to share that I got nursing bras from Truimph on promotion. They have buy 3 get 1 free, or buy 5 get 2 free but am not sure when is the promo until. You might want to get them since we're already in third trimester. The nursing bras are usually kept in drawers so you have to ask the salesperson.

Janice>> post-natal massage actually should find early.. they are quite fully book like CL sometimes..

But lucky they usually did for one week and not full day.. so sometimes still can squeeze in to other's booking

It is recommented by gynae if you are on c-sect then delay your massage for maybe 2-3 weeks.. cuz they want to make sure the massage won't cause the burst of stitches..

as for natural.. you can start immediately after delivery when you get home..

I only have my own previous massager's contact.. I called her few months ago.. and she said I can just contact her again after I deliver to confirm the date to start my massage.

how much is it for buy 3 get 1 or buy 5 get 2.. cuz I now get from the bulk purchase here.. each is from $19-25 depends on material and design.. I get the $19 cotton type.. quite comfy though

Lizzie > Is this CTG necessary? Am wondering why gynae asked me to do it.. Forgotten to ask why at last evening's appt.

Chujie > Any idea how much will your massage lady be charging this time round? Looking for one to do massage in the west area..

Oh yes now I remember, syrah has twins!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jas > Good that you're feeling better. Better not fall sick anymore so near to delivery date, rest more! I love both the birthdays you have chosen! Don't think I'll be doing elective Caesarian or will definitely choose one of those dates too, and Dr Tan will be busy haha.

Yup thanks have signed up for Stemcord too, at some baby fair previously. Yup the discount for Dr Tan was really good.

For those who are deciding between the 2, I think they are about the same but I chose Stemcord in the end cos they store the cord blood in 2 different locations. So presumably "safer" and got backup in case anything happens to one of the locations, eg fire. Also I think means you have 2 chances to use the cord blood?

Nursing bras > thanks, will go check out the Triumph promotion. I am thinking of getting some Bravado bras too as they came highly recommended by my friend, she said super comfortable.

Still trying to figure out what to wear in hospital...I bought a few nursing nightgowns but worried about getting them stained in hospital. Yet cannot bring too ugly clothes to hospital cos will have visitors? Bimbotic concerns hehe.

Does anyone know if you can bring in your own CDs to the delivery room? My friends made me a "Push CD" and want me to play it when pushing, dunno whether doctor will find me troublesome?? I am thinking of getting hubby to burn me a CD too for me to listen while in labour haha.

coopie>> you don't have to wear your own clothes at the hospital.. their clothes are easy for nursing.. you only need to pack a set of clothes for you to wear upon discharge from hospital

xinyue>> I actually can't remember very well how much she told me.. haha.. but kind of same as last time.. should be something around 30+ for one hour plus session.. but she stay a bit from west.. so i paid her $10 more for transport

I just had my checkup..feeling beri happy. My bb gal weighing 2.1kg at week 33. Is it consider big? Her head is down alriz n she got thick double eyelids, face round round just like me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so cute.

Chujie> how much is ur massager? N can u introduce her to us?

Xinyue,

In 2 weeks time u'll be full-term, that means anytime also safe to deliver. The CTG will check whether u r having contractions already.. If contractions are close, gynae will be able to gauge when u will be in labour..

Coopie,

Which hospital will u b in?

When I was warded in delivery suite at Mt Alvernia last week, I saw a hi-fi set in the room..so I guess we r allowed to play our own music during delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but better check with the nurses or ur gynae to confirm..

chujie > ok, can you give me her phone number? You can also pm me, thanks..

hmm.. the hospital told us to bring our own PJs as they claimed that they don't provide.. maybe I should just not bring at all..

nana > I see.. wah.. time really flies.. still hoping baby will come out on EDD or later.. heehee

ya, mount alvernia allows us to play CD in the delivery suite...

chujie > hope my hospital will provide PJs so I don't have to bring my own..

janice > glad you are happy with your gal..

Nursing bras

Triumph has two types, one at $32.90 and other at $39.90. The $39.90 one has very good support, but coverage is a bit too much to make it not so comfortable compared to the $32.90 one. The more ex one is also available in Cup D.

I like Triumph over other brands because when you open up the front cover, the support is something like a cloth which is like a bridge over the breast. It allows me to clip back using one hand, or two fingers. Cutting of other brands with similar design is not suitable for me. Either the bridge thingy is almost at the nipple blocking it when breastfeeding or just not so comfy. Other brands such as Mothercare and those at Spring Maternity use one band hanging from the bra strap only instead of the bridge type, which is quite difficult to aim and clip back using one hand, especially when I often breastfeed in public. But I do have friends who prefer Mothercare.

Anyway, you'll have to pay for the more expensive ones for both but 3 get 1 free or 5 get 2 free. They didn't have enough stocks so I had to mix both types of Triump nursing bras.

Let me know if you have any questions on breastfeeding. I'm very pro-breastfeeding one! hee hee.

coopie

no need to bring own nursing gowns.

for my last 2 pregnancies, Mt E provide those with side openings easy for breastfeeding.

think this time should be the same.

i think we can visit each other if you deliver around the same few days as me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks all! Will be at Mount E, the hospital checklist they provided said I have to bring 2 button front nightgowns. I think could be cos the hospital gown not so easy for breastfeeding, esp if it's the tie at the back kind? Think will check with doc later.

Janice, your girl sounds cute, glad you are happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

coopie

yes i also surprised to see the hosp checklist stating that.

but upon checking with some mummies who just gave birth there recently, they told me no need to bring, cos still the side opening gowns.

anyway, do let me know what dr tan says after you check with her ok?

thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jas > Yes will check with Dr Tan and let you know. My friend who delivered there a year ago also said the nursing gowns are the side opening kind, so dunno why they included that in checklist. Yah will be fun to visit each other in hospital, hope my baby co-operates!

Janice > Am trying to avoid wearing pants so soon after giving birth, in case of wounds/ stitches, esp if gotta do emergency C-section. For the top, should have buttons or easy access for breastfeeding? "Cartoon" PJs ok as long as you don't mind your visitors seeing you in them hehe. But hoping to just wear the hospital gowns if they provide and if convenient for breastfeeding.

Back