(2011/07) July 2011

Hello Mummies,

I'm new to this thread too! My EDD is 17th July and am having a gal!

Nana: My HB also thinking of Mikayla... but I prefer Kayla or classic names like Isabella, Samantha...

Just went to buy tonnes of baby stuffs from taka fair. Most of their things there are cheap including swaddle blanket and hooded towels...

Nana-mum > woah..tats good information. i didnt know toilet bowl cannot face e bed, stove cannot face e door. maybe i wont employ a fengshui master. see how ba.

wens> yeah those online predictions are bullsh*t. soooo inaccurate for me...i wanted a boy but ended up a gal.

pinkrose> got another gathering?? can update here, i didnt join fb.

Hi Ladies

hee..we are still on naming topic. Really seems like the norm to get a unique name these days.

For me, more or less, we hv decided on a name for bb already..both English & Chinese name..but still deciding on which of the two to select..btw, any of u refer to those books to select names?

Welcome Jacqueline & wens!

brief intro of myself. Currently preggie w #2. EDD 12 July 2011. #1 is gg to b 5yrs old in April. So gap slightly far..gd in a way can concentrate & not so tirring.

aiyah..until now, yet to join the FB grp..hee..but i'm inactive on FB one..just loggin to see the updates of my friends.

RE: Gathering

Pls keep me updated as well..def love to join in..hopefully timing can make it,.

Janice

heheh..i also wanted a girl..but ended up getting a boy..but nvm lah, cos we didn't really plan the pregnancy..just 'shun qi zhi ran'

mind my han yu ping ying :p

Halo mummies, i rarely post here but i am always on fb..

Wens/ jacqueline, welcome.

I hv nt thought of names yet.. Bcoz me n hubby kept debating on what names to choose... Headache!! Coz we were thinking of having two names n wanted one of the name to be close to my one of #1 name.

Some of them on fb was thinking of gathering for durian fiesta at gwp.. Really yummy.. A few of them might be meeting up to go expo for baby fair this fri..

Up till nw i am yet to buy anything.. As last sun plan was canceled to go taka fair as my son injured himself.. This wknd we hv to go cuz open hse.. Nxt wkend also hv something on i think.. Haiz.. Perhaps i will go myself.

sunshinebb > I'm seeing Dr. Heng and she's attached to Eash Shore. So I'll be delivering there. Any mummies ever delivered here to share experience? I just took the hospital tour and they have just renovated last year I think.

Lizzie & pinkyrose > Hehee....I'm sure we're all guilty of spending more than needed on our baby stuff [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Most of the times can't help it but to buy especially if this is our first pregnancy. My trick is, for clothes: I still buy but I spread the sizes between 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, and so on.. So I get to channel my shopping adrenaline for baby stuff, but I don't end up overstocking! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jan-ice > We are the opposite. I wanted a girl but ended up with a boy hehee..

Ivfamily & baby > thanks!

Can mummies share what's our group name on FB? I'd love to join.

Hello mummies...

Seeing lots of brainstorming on names here! Interesting!

My boy's Dylan so I'll be naming my girl Dylene. No meaning to the name except that I want a name that starts with D as hubby's name starts with C and mine with E, so in between letter C and E is D! ;p

Btw, about naming, since hubby and I thought it was a girl all along, we straight away knew what we wanted to name the baby girl. But, since it is a boy now, we still don't have name candidates for our baby boy now.. *__*

baby, i just placed order for the durian mousse cake and puff with goodwood park lor! yumyum.. i will be going on coming sat to collect it.. cant wait to do so!

wens: LOL guilty of overspending on baby, i do agree. when I told dad, i wanted to get a baby cot, he says, dont over buy lol.

So i told him, "daddy, if i were to buy 2 or more, thats overbuy!!"

>.<

in the end, he sponsored the cot hehehe...

ixoral,

Haha thanks! This is my way of shortlisting names! Make things so much easier when I just have to focus on an alphabet. I don't actually look into the meaning of the names as my reason to choosing his name is as simple as having a 'continuation' to the 1st alphabet of our names so that the family unit looks 'complete'.

ivfamily> heehe...no worries, i also forgotten alot of my han yu ping ying. can understand will do. :p

baby> i also yet to purchase anything yet. am waiting for my dh to come back visit me in may. anyway still got time.

wens> lets exchange our bb..hehee...we too, we also expecting a boy since we are using all those techniques of conceiving baby boy from e internet. who knows?? can u imagine my GREAT disappointment. anyway we are fated to hv baby gal...can collect dowry from her when she got married. hahaha.

eLch> hahaahaa..u r so funny. in between letter D. anyway both also nice names.

Jacqueline - One time payment for CordLife is 1k plus den 2nd yr onwards will be annually bout 200plus...

I not sure bout StemCord though..

Mummies - If u all keen, 26 March, StemCord is havin a seminar at Orchard Hotel. Free admission.

Those who keen to know more may wanna attend... =D

Talking bout names.... Me & hubby will start our bb name with S since both his and mine are S... =D

@ KKH now for gyne appt...just did my urine test... oh no sugar level abit high...must be the durian I hv been eating...must really control liao

Hi mummies, I am from Dec 2010 thread and have a new playpen (with mattress) to sell @$100 and Annum Materna sample milk to give away together. Bought the set at $120.

We bought 2 sets of playpen previously as we wanted to put one in my mom's place but bb is no longer going to her place.

BABYEQUIP Piccolo 2N1 Travel Playpen

http://www.babytown.com.sg/babyequip-piccolo-2n1-travel-playpen-p-1512.html?cPath=101_106

Giving away 4 sample packs of Annum Materna together with the playpen.

PM me if keen and I can send you the photo if interested

Hello! Have anyone started to buy maternity bras? Where can I find affordable bras?

I just got fitted yesterday at Marks and Spencer, grew from 34A pre-pregnancy to current 36C. Didn't dare to buy too many new bras as size will increase again and the M&S bras are quite expensive!

Loulou,

I didn't buy maternity bras.. But am going to buy a few nursing bras soon in preparation for bb's arrival..

I bought wireless bras a cup bigger and use extensions at the straps.. I also bought a few wacoal bras that have only wires at the sides in bigger cup and width.. But I grew out of the width liao.. So I use extensions as well.. I prefer wacoal coz their bras r more comfortable and even with wires, their wires don't cut in much.. Gotta choose those with wider wires.

I saw maternity bra sets at mothercare !! Looks quite good.. How much r the ones u bought from marks n Spencer?

Hi all,

I've a brand new Quinny Buzz 3 stroller, willing to let go at $800. Was given to me as a baby shower gift. Interested pls pm me. Thanx.

Color of stroller: Roller Pink.

Hi Nana-mum, M&S set of 2 bras costs $80+. How much were the bra sets at mothercare?

I'm used to wired bras so wearing wireless bras will take me a while to get used to it.

Thanks, will certainly check out wacoal !

elch

The 30% sale hasn't really started yet, will only start around 11am to 1pm tomorrow (not sure of exact timing). I think *some* prices might change when the sale really starts as it had happened before.

For those who is intersted in keeping cord blood.. it is not really that expensive.. both company in singapore are charging about the same.. first year is 1000 over.. 2nd year on about 200+ per year till 25 years..

In a way.. only 20 over dollars month..

I am using stemcord.. it's about $260..

If any of you interested.. you can use me as reference.. if not mistaken.. you can get a discount of $50 in the first year..

If you interested in cordlife.. then you need to find a friend who already registered to get their discount..

I plan to donate my #2 cord blood as #1 is blood type O.. should be able to cover for both kid.. haha.. hope they don't need to use the cord blood at all though..

Re cord blood banking

A friend of mine told us that once u draw (touch wood), u can't use it again. Anyone can verify? We should be banking for my #2 as well. The blood can be used for siblings and parents too, iirc.

I'm going back to cordlife again as I'm an existing member, can get $650 discount.

tsukushi> i think it is not abt after draw cannot reuse. But the amount is usually only sufficient for 1 operation.. But i don't think we wish to use that more than once.. I pray i won't use it at all..

I plan to donate #2's cuz i worry gov do same like organs.. No donation means lower priority receiver..

Hi Mummies,

I've got a BRAND NEW Philips AVENT Digital Steam Sterilizer for SALE.

NOW SELLING: $150

Normal Retail Price: $199

Interested, please PM me.

For more information: http://www.philips.com.sg/c/avent-baby-preparing-for-feeding/220-240v-scf276_41/prd/

Advanced technology for 24 hour sterilisation

The Philips AVENT Digital Steam Steriliser works quickly and continuously, keeping contents sterile until you need them, giving you more time to get on with your day.

Ready when you are

• Keeps contents sterile day and night

Keeps you informed

• Advanced digital display and sound alerts

Effective sterilisation

• Extra protection through natural steam sterilisation

Fast

• Contents are sterile and ready to use in approx. 6 min.

Easy to use

• Just add water, load and select the mode

Weight and dimensions

•Dimensions: 320 (H), 235 (W), 235 (L) mm

•Weight: 1.609 kg

What is included

•Tongs: 1 pcs

•Measuring jug: 1 pcs

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5227338.jpg]

wah chujie v fit leh swim so much .. :p

i hav been coughin for over a week.. n i can't get to sleep well.. ARGH

so happy yday was my Dylan boy 1st day in childcare overall ok din cry *phew* i was hoping he will not.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i realise they din manage to let him sleep much nor feed him much .. felt a lil sad yday becoz of tat.. anyone has any recommendations wat i can do?

u girls r so active on FB i hav been reading thru all e posts replyin some only.. :p

Chujie

Oic. What do u mean lower priority if u don't donate?

U r really fit! I can hardly walk now, feel so breathless after a while.

Wendy

Better see a doc for the cough. I think cc won't feed ur child as much as u do cos they have so many others on hand. U can try to hint hint to the teachers first n see if they can pay a bit more attn.

My boob size grew from 38c to 40D ;(

Bought my nursing bra from mothercare.. So ex ;(

Their biggest size is 40DD. Jialat. Hope my boob space out their growth sia

Back