(2011/07) July 2011

janice... i cannot tahan... sometimes... i secretly drink. but try to control lo... i dun wan later precious out i regret ya ;(

like some mummy say moderate will do ;)

sunshinebb,

it's beri normal 1... during my #1 i'm oki thru out my preg, but feels super emo after i gif birth...

i will tear like nobody's business, den feels so wei qu etc.. so stress... need alot of support and i talk to frds....

it last a few mths... hahaha so scare tat this emo thing will cum back again after i pop...

thanks pinky n jgwee...thank u so much gals...sit on my desk tear just suddenly roll down...faster run to the toliet scare my colleagues c...then they will KPO ask this n tht...think i will cry louder...LOL

i also know is not gd for bb but whenever i cry out feel better...maybe i ren too long liao

Hi Mummies. I am getting rid of my maternity clothes cheaply in exchange for wet wipes. Brands are Noppies Maternity, Spring Maternity, Perfect Mums, Motherhood Maternity and etc. For tops/ dresses, any 2 items for 3 x 80s wet wipes from Pigeon or Tollyjoy. For pants or bellybands, any 1 item for 3 x 80s wet wipes. Please pm or email me at [email protected] Photos can be viewed at

http://picasaweb.google.com/shopaholic3560/MaternityClothes#

For purchase above 9 packs of wet wipes value, I will throw in free packs of herbal baths. Thanks.

modisch> hahahaha...for sure i wun take w my Ugly face too...thats what my cousin did...she took her tummy that time to show me too....sooo Huge!!! omg~~~ @.@

janice> i cannot take too sweet thing...that's y hv to breakdown in such a way...those gassy drink n lemon tea...very high sugar content de...since we r preggie now...hv to be careful with sugar intake!!!

xinyue> those with the word 'light' there's still sugar content inside just that as much as original one but if can...take half, not one whole bahh...i oways take note of the sugar content on the label...like the Yeo's pkt drink...those with less sugar tagging...actually not much less lol...but if u compare the Yeos green tea n other flavour, u will see that green tea is much less sweet....hahahaha...no choice leh...i oways hv to be caution on the sugar lvl worr...those ice lemon tea...Woww...is the Most sweet of all... =P

i tot we cannot drink coke? Hmm..but i din black coffee once a day! If i go out n eat, i usually dun order any drinks, will juz take warm water. not my nature to order drinks cos usually the food alr cannot finish, if include drink, worse! will go to rubbish bin..

i m sooo tired today... onie slept 4 hrs 2 nights in a row! super tired but dunno y kept waking up before 4am! My brain kept thinking abt cny approaching, i yet to clean the house, yet to bake cookies etc..sigh!

sunshine, i oso cry very often lately but all because i m watching tear-jerking drama! like last night watched Sister's Keeper from HBO, cry n cry n cry..my son got a shock i tink, he even gave me his fave blankie n help me wipe tears..haha.

kimifin, jan, if i m a SAHM, i will oso stay home the whole day! I can dun leave the house from morning till night (must have food to eat lar at home). I will juz lie here n there, read books, do some bakings. Jan, ur family is here rite? Mabbe go out walk walk oso good for ur feelings.

modisch> i oso drink a cup of black kopi once a day...i dun take gassy drink...no a fans of it...jus lunchtime...will take those pkt drink...

dear all my EDD is jul 29 and im a first time mummy.

been feeling very down lately coz of several issues

1) haven engaged a CL...most good ones are taken up for Jul/ Aug slot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

2) when baby is born, hubby wants to have a maid to do night feeds..which i dont trust this idea at all as i feel maid is a maid, she wont be so commited to wake up. but hubby mention his job requires him to do standby and wont be able to share most of night feeds. hence a maid is preferred.

anyone here is first time mommy and no one to take care of baby, hence employing a maid?

i feel very stress and cried yesterday

crystal, welcome welcome. u sound stress wor...

i actually have discussed this with my hubby yesterday. Both of us will be looking after our baby when he/she is born. and then i will be getting a maid to come in and help out or nanny to help out in the day time when both of us out for work.

just to share on my sis in law's maid. she is quite good and responsible. her main job scope is to take care of my nephew. so if he woke up in mid of night, her maid will woke up and feed him.. i think better to clarify and tell your maid (if u hiring) your requirement of her and what you expect.

by the way, my nausea come back since yesterday! pengz!

sunshinebb, u stress also?

my turn to start worry now..hehehe. about hws the growth of my little one in my stomach... will be going to visit gynae this sat.. cant wait lor!!!

hihi yaya, thanks for replying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

you also keen in getting maid?

i duno how to entrust a maid my bb after hearing so many scary news reported on maids torturing bb etc.

if i get a maid i told my hubby i will want him to fetch her and bb to my mom's place each time he leaves hse for work..so maid will not be alone in hse with bb.

when are you due?

my EDD is end jul [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

im in my 12 weeks now and also will feel nauseas on off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

crystal_cloud,

Welcome! If the main point of hiring a maid is to do night feeds, I'll say there's no need to. We as mummies can do it ourselves. Especially if we're breastfeeding, the maid is even made more redundant. You can get a maid to do the household chores but caring of baby, we mummies know best. You can do it!

Janice> welcome back! glad to know that everything is fine with bb. which gynae you seeing now?

sunshinebb/crystal_cloud> hang in there... just think of happy memories n having a healthy n happy bb will put a smile on your face[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, mayb can consider attending pre-natal yoga class that would calm you down n get to know mtbs at the same time.

feimei> congrats on hvg a boy! me too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Elch: Sorry to reply u late coz i was on leave last Fri and lotsa wk to catch up today. I went to Nirwana when i was preggy with my 1st kid, so dun rem the size of the bed. But if i'm not wrong, ours was a king size bed and i dun rem checking into a suite lei. U can call the agency/chk their website to enquire again.

Pinky: I'll be going Batam this weekend. 2D1N staying at Harris Batam. It's actually a promo at $178 inclduing ferry/hotel transport, massage for 2, dinner and bowling inclusive. But since i cant go for massage, will ask my MIL to enjoy on my behalf, sob sob.....U have a great holiday there ya.

stylomilo> ehhh~~~my appt next wk leh...not cfm will be boy but many ppl placed a bet that it will be Boy!!! hahahahaa...let's c who Win the bet!!!

Hi ladies,

MIA for a few days. Been having very bad right side aches especially near bustline. Also think i have piles too. It's not painful but there's blood in stools and when wiping. Sigh...so many problems. If only all we need to do now is eat, sleep and be merry everyday and need not worry abt anything else, maybe will feel better!

sunshinebb, oo.. something must have strike on u to cause u to emo??? think of doing something else k?? be happy..hehehe..

crystal cloud, maybe for me..but see hw.. i am more keen in going for infant care and then fetch baby back after work. cos i felt that it is important for parents to look after their baby especially newborn le...

i am currently at week 13+, going to be week 14 in Wednesday. EDD is 19th July [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi girls, been so stress today about my work. Hubby told me to quite if really very stressful but keep telling myself to endure till i make use of the maternity leave. I am realy very stress now as well but it is all about work.

As for maid, we do have a maid at home but still we will be getting a daytime nanny(relative or mil's friend) to look after the baby cos my mil dun trust maids. We have hired about 4 maids for past 8 years but none is hygenic i can say, and they give problems after working sometime. But of cos, there might be good ones just that my mil felt it is safer to get someone in to look after bb when we are working. My neighbour recently got into problem with maid, the maid had been feeding little bits of detergent into the bb's milk for 2 years. After the maid left, she called back and say all evil deeds she does and they faster bring bb to check and indeed tiny bits of detergent over 2 years cause damage to bb's health. Thus, my mil die die dun let maid look after and only let her do house chores. So, it is better that someone is ard in the house when maid is taking care of bb for safety reason. Dun leave maid with bb alone.

Hello all, been very busy so only took a quick look at all the posts, so many my goodness!

Audrey, so sorry to hear about your piles, ouch! Take care!

Syrah: I am having the same pains as you, right side near bustline. I'm gonna check with my gynae tomorrow, will let u know what she says.

crystal cloud: I'm getting a maid too, but more to do chores and help with general stuff and I won't leave her alone with bb. Will bring her + baby along to my mum's house when I'm at work. Basically so that my mum has a helping hand to do the 'tough' chores. I won't trust the maid to prepare my baby's food etc, dunno what she will put inside!

If you're getting a maid, think you better book asap cos she'll take time to come, and it's good to get her adjusted to the basic housework and you and DH first before baby comes, rather than have to deal with everything at one shot. And if she's no good, you still have time to change before the baby arrives. When the baby comes, you don't want to have to worry about training a new maid as well. Look out for someone with newborn baby experience and preferably those who have had kids already, and don't get someone too young who may be frustrated with a crying baby.

Janice: don't be silly, never heard of pple feeling inferior for not working, so many women out there dying to be tai-tais and not have to work--think of all the pple who are envying you like mad!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy: stress no good for baby, take care! Hopefully it's temporary...but if it's going to cause you endless grief and stress, then maybe can consider giving up maternity leave cos your health (and baby's!) more important. Give it a bit more time, hopefully things will get better soon and you don't have to quit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunshine/ everyone feeling down: cheer up!!!

Extreme emotions are supposed to be common, don't worry it's normal to cry! But try not to let it overcome you, may lead to post-natal blues after baby's born I heard...SMILE!!! Another 6 months and our babies will be born!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feimei, I bet boy too, if your nose is expanding the way mine is haha. I have told my friends no one is allowed to laugh at me when I go around looking like a pig for the next 6 months :p

syrah, yah mine too, and when I'm sitting at my desk in office. At the end of the day I am just dying to go back home to lie flat on my back. I read it could be due to the uterus moving up and pushing the ribs up and out also. I googled before, seems to be quite a common problem for pregnant women, for some reason mostly on the right side.

I also have this strange pain below my breasts, dunno how to describe it but I think it could be due to stretching of the uterus again? Gonna go to gynae tomorrow with whole list of questions!

coopie,

I used to have pain on the left nearer to the waist area. It's only these few days that the right started aching near the bustline. I thought it was due to the new bra and it's unsuitable. Now i resorted to wearing those sphagetti tops with in-built bra cups so that i need not wear bras!

coopie, hw many weeks are u in? i havent experience the discomfort you are having now. except lower seems like stretching only..

syrah, that's a good idea, I think could be cos of the bras getting tighter these days and I haven't bought the bra extension yet...though sadly for me, the bottom part (ribs) is expanding faster than the top ;P

yaya: i'm at week 15 now but tummy looks bigger than that, dunno whether it's the fat, baby or uterus haha. The pain only eases when I put my stretchmark cream at night, so dunno if it's cos of dry stretched skin also?? I think your lower stretching sounds more "normal" than mine. Gonna bombard the doc with all my problems tomorrow hehe.

sunshine - cheer up okie?

I have a guai pi qi.. whenever i clean up the house, i will find all faults and start to feel pek chek about it.. the more i pack, the more miserable i become, i ended up crying in a little corner of my living room under my stairway yesterday.. but i was worried baby will feel upset.. i gave up packing liao.. =p leave the job to my DH and my MIL..

coopie - thanks =D hehe having piles is such an embarrassing thing and i m announcing to the whole world here..

the uncomfy feeling below bust line, is part of breathlessness.. cos tummy bigger liao.. ur diaphragm is moved up .. as a result.. u feel more crampy at the chest area.. it will become worse when tummy go bigger.. and not any better if u are busty.. (i m a D ... and trust me, i hate it)

u try to sit up straight.. and "show" ur bust forward.. it will make u feel better.. den occasionnally stretch ur body straight by raising ur arms.. =D

thats what i do..

Ladies,

I'm feeling lots of movement in my belly now even as I'm typing. Is the movement like fluttering bubbles? Mine is happening at the top part of my belly rather than the bottom part. Is that where the baby's movement should be?

Audrey,

When I browsed yr fb, I realized we hv a mutual friend! Diana Tai! Haha! She is my ex-colleague leh..

Btw I hv sent req to join MTB Jul 2011 but nobody accepted me yet.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Audrey: hmm I don't think we have the same breathlessness problem cos my chest is NOWHERE (and I mean NOWHERE!) near your size hahahaha. You're so lucky, my goodness you'll be so huge when breastfeeding!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm still waiting very patiently for the main perk of pregnancy for me--big(ger) boobs ;P

syrah: sorry no idea cos I haven't felt my baby move yet!!

coopie,

My bustline is also expanding real fast but not the boobs itself. I'm just a little bigger than A and not filling out the B as yet. But definitely need the bra extensions and bigger cup size to feel better.

Audrey,

I don't stretch my arms up but i agree it's much more comfy after i stretch out flat on bed. Will try out your method soon.

stylomilo, coopie> hahaha...no one bet for gal...all betting for boy!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Coopie - but the tightness is due to the movement of diaphragm up mah .. Not the boobie.. Haha

Emily - we used to play an online game together[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think Alicia is busy cos she is the only administrator ...

My nose is still nice and sharp leh! Not fat or red. I still get boy! Haha.

Audrey

Seriously I totally have no idea how it is like to be busty. Though sometimes I do have illusion abt having bigger breasts and thus being more sexy. Haha. My question is, will you feel heavy when you're busty? For me, it's as light as a feather.

daph, hahaha...not a must tat big nose sure to hv boy...jus its a common saying lol~~~all these saying no scientific proving de la...kekekeee :p

my bust oso growing so big n fast! Not to mention painful too.. n i wear extension now but still feel so tight! the idea of buying new bra doesnt entice me leh cos buy bigger cup with underwire, cannot wear for long, heard that underwire bra is not recommended for preggers and then after delivery, our breast will be bigger so essentially the bra will go to waste [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sunshine, cheer up ok! Actually as long as it is our child, they will be close to mummy..i attribute my close bonding wif my son to my breastfeeding via latching for 9mths! My hb never fed him even once..haha

feimei, cos u told everyone abt ur nose! hahaha..when i was preggy with my #1, my nose oso very big n red too!! haha

coopie, every morning i see myself in the mirror, feeling sooo sad...the nose expand bigger!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

modisch> ya, i mentionwd here abt my big nose but in office...i very low profile jus tat today my col passed me the doopler n babyplus...then she keep looking at me n say she bet for boy...becos i gt the same symptons as her when she preggie last yr...her nose grew BIG!!! Hahahahaha...

wendy> i finally finished 1st project of the yr n already afew queueing up....i oso gg to suffocate lol but still tahan-ing on....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] stress ia for sure but sometimes of the day, do take a break...walk away fr ur desk n take some fresh air!!!

i oso dunnu if gg to buy new bra anot becos my col told me tat when breastfeeding, dun wear wired bra cos it will tend to clog the milk 'dat' (pai sey...dunnu how to spell tat word!!) :p

sunshinebb/stylomilo/all other 'missed out' ladies> thank you thank you. yeah i m back. hahaa...

sunshinebb>do u prepare something 'suai' (sour) or something 'sweet' with you so tat you will feel better eating them whenever you feel emo. try this. i emo out after eating 1 plate of veg. i think my baby dislikes veg and crave for french fries or meat.

suying> me too. how to control? how do you ladies drink plain water all day long?

stylomilo> wow urs also boy! so good!!

feimei> i do hear and saw my ex coll's nose becomes broaden. she has 2 boys.

kimifin> oh did i misses your posting earlier??

coopie> no working == no monies, no ML, no benefits. where got good? anyway i hv no choice, but to think positively now.

syrah> wow you can feel the baby movement already? i only encounter 1 tap (like popcorn pop) once in a while. if i am lucky i got 2 taps.

Daph> good to hear this! that means i still got hope to have a boy. heheee..

stylomilo> me is seeing Dr Eugene Chua. the clinic next to Dr jocelyn Wong. i actually prefer Dr Jocelyn Wong but coz initially her nurse quoted me $400 for the oscar scan and $88 for blood test. i got a shock at how expensive e rate she quoted me, so i changes to Dr Eugene Chua. Also hospital at TMC. Delivery ard 15 July.

i got nightmares on my delivery day. does this happens to you ladies? i m feeling real scared. any1 also like me??

Jan-ice,

Hi hi! Don't think we've 'met' before. I'm actually 18 weeks already. You r feeling movement much earlier than me! I was so envious of those who could feel their baby's movements earlier than i do. Now that I'm feeling it, it's incredible. The movements were quite persistent for more than an hour period. On and off every minute or so. Kinda distracting actually. I wasn't sure if it was baby's movement initially but when they persisted, I'm really positive it has to be! It started while I was playing with my dogs. Probably wanted to join in the fun! Then it only stopped halfway through dinner. Must have been satisfied and sleepy after all the excitement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back