(2011/07) July 2011

xinyue, go to the BP area...some ppl did sell cheap maternity wear...i bot two for cny liao...waiting for delivery...they got size measurements which i tink shld fit me bahhh...anyway still cheaper than buying from shopping mall...i jus test water buy two pcs 1st n c how...if ok, will get a few more...so shld be able to survive through the pregnancy period...

Hui: don't worry, just rest well and it should be ok. I had a friend who suffered from very serious bleeding in first trimester, a few times in fact, and was very sure baby would be lost, but everything turned out fine. Just be extra extra careful the next few weeks, take care!

Xinyue: I think I saw in the June 2011 thread someone who posted pics of a whole lot of maternity clothes she bought super cheap, maybe you can go check it out? I think cos second hand though, if you don't mind. Or either that just buy bigger size for everything, or baggy dresses which you can wear after giving birth too?

Suying: don't worry baby will be ok, good luck!

The next worry is at Week 20, apparently they can do a detailed scan of the vital organs then, to check if everything's ok.

coopie, so qiao...i with Uncle Eu as well...i from plaza sing branch... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my dr is yu zhe kai... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i oso stop taking the med becos it cos me to becum very heaty till i got gum ache...n nearly sore throat...becos he wan me to boost up my sys in order to 'hold' the bb strongly...but the med too heaty...really making me sick... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] my $$$ down the drain...

Xinyue - if u wanna.. try Beauty World, at bukit timah

I brought my DH there.. and he paid for it =p

I bought

2 long pants,

1 3/4 pants,

1 shorts,

1 dress,

2 blouse.. for a whopping $198!

Imagine every piece less than $30 =p

For tops.. I go Dorothy Perkins.. they have T shirts 3 for $29 only. just buy size 14 16 18 20.. which ever u wanna.. hehehe

Btw.. there have a variety of designs.. 60% rather auntie de.. u have to fish out the 40% .. I spent 2 hours i that shop de maternity section.. haha..

The bottoms are worth buying.. cos bottoms are so ex outside..

for Tops.. i buy from spring/egg/mothercare...

xinyue: i already cant fit into my normal clothes.. started wearing maternity shorts at week 8.. now week 14 fully on new wardrobe. Only my existing work pants I extended the size with maternity belt.

For me, I bought leggings from cotton on ($10) and G2000 ($9).. then skinny pants with stretchy waist area from Giordano ($29).. i love this cos it makes me look the same size prior to pregnancy even though I put on 8 inches..

real maternity clothes I got them from a shop in Beauty World 3rd level I think.. the shorts and pants at selling at 24.90, and its extendible with the button at the rubber area.. now G2000 sale also selling alot of super big dresses tat can double up as maternity clothes..

thanks coopie.... hopefully i can rest my mind. but cant control ;(

i thought aft oscar scan we shld have no more woli. y woli for 20weeks detail scan?? u mean still gt chance if anything could happens?? so scary!

coopie > Thanks, will check it out.

feimei > thanks.. pls let me know how u find ur bargains after u recd ur delivery..

audrey > are you referring to those shops selling plus size clothings? the shop u went to, are the sales person pushy? or keep bringing clothes for you to try?

px22 > thanks. can u tell me the shop unit no/name? do they sell tops and dresses also? hmm.. u must be quite small size, i guess.. for g2000, i am already wearing size 40 for their dresses and bottoms before preggy. where do u get ur tops from?

i am still wearing my normal clothes at week 14. not gotten the maternity belt also..

suying > wk 20 scan is called the FA scan. is to check whether the organs in baby functioning well, whether enough blood flow in baby and its organ. als o check the legs and hands. not sure what else is the FA scan checking for.

3rd tri, i think also got weekly or bi-monthly u/s to see how is baby's condition inside the womb.

we can nv stop worrying about baby de...

Oops sorry Suying, didn't mean to get you worried about something else! I'm not too sure about the 20 week scan also, I think it's like what Xinyue said. Nothing much for us to do at that point also, but guess if (touchwood) there's anything wrong, at least we will be mentally prepared and can start looking for suitable doctors etc. But hopefully all our babies will come out healthy and strong!

I am also on maternity shorts already for weekends, and baggy tops and dresses. Feel very auntie! Bought some shorts from mothers envogue at centrepoint, not that cheap (abt $40+ a pair) but I quite liked the cut, and figure can wear after giving birth also.

Also bought some maternity clothes online from www.asos.com [you gals may wanna check out, some of the sale items are quite cheap] but they just arrived and I think they're more suitable for use in the 3rd trimester cos a bit too big around the stomach now. I think this 2nd trimester period is the worst cos neither here nor there, we just look like we have put on weight in the wrong places. At least 3rd tri can proudly show off belly in tighter fitting clothes haha.

Xinyue: I think Audrey's recommendation of Dorothy Perkins is good, it's a brand from UK that sells larger sized clothes, and alot of items always on sale. I don't think they are the pushy kind, it's just like a normal clothes shop. I think they have branches at Suntec, Great World City, can't remember where else, google to check?

Btw anyone planning on going for jamu massage after giving birth? Apparently some can even help you go back to LESS than your pre-pregnancy size, so am very excited about that haha.

xinyue - eh.. not plus size.. is really maternity wear lai de.. they have a section there..

I find the saleslady very nice leh..

the sales lady told me no one go to that shop de .. so she very bored..

i told her.. i'll find what i like first.. if i need help, i'll call for her.. she happily say okie.. and look at my butt.. asked me to take size 4.. i was wondering I can wear size 2 leh.. why ask me wear size 4.. LOL..

den she came to explain that the strap can change size de..

she did bring me some auntie clothes to try.. but those auntie clothes are actually very much cheaper.. like $12 as compared to maternity de $21.90 but i told her.. i like things simple.. hehe no sequinns.. she got my idea lah.. haha

the shop is at level 3.. just next to the escalator.. at the macdonalds block =D

worth taking a trip down =D

mean time.. u can go ask her the other outlets that could be nearer to u.. they have 4 or 6 outlet.. cos i stay near bukit timah.. i switched off when she talk about other outlets =D

xinyue: i dunno the shop name.. but its jus next to the escalator and it sells all sorts of stuff... from grandma's clothes to normal women's clothes to kiddy's clothes and maternity clothes.. then still sell tweezer, makeup sponge, bottles tat kind of thing.. very big shop. I think the sign board is purple color.. very bright..

and yes.. i use to wear their S or XS.. now boom to L suddenly. Their leggings I attempted to try 36 and cant fit in and my husband was standing outside the dressing room laughing away when he passed me size 40.. so mean. But its really jus the tummy n the butt.. cos I can still fit in all my tops.. scared that the butt will stay with me forever..

noted mummies... wat we can do is pray hard only ;)

May god bless all of us a healthy bb ;)

hei... wat's the FB webby which have been created. i can join le ;)

Suying

Jia you... Do update us tmr

Xinyue

I dun buy maternity wear cos I think is super exp n not fashion I got fr a shop at bugis village name room

707 I just told her I wnt loose fitting dress I like it cos the cutting is gd n modern(most important) n price less than $50/dress aft birth put a belt still can wear

hi mummies,

If anyone know any good warehouse deals/sales on car seats, please let me know.

I think wats selling at baby avenue n baby kingdom are too exp.

sunshine... yes will update. pray hard for gd results. nw i feel pain/crump... dunno wat happen. woli woli.... haizz...

alicia 2nd tri nt 12week ma. like dat i haven reach ya....

ooo... i also think so.. that means i still have 9 days to go...zzz

Girls, anyone of you booked your Confinement nanny already? I dun know how to confirm and know which one is right by talking to them on phone! Haha.. And the reviews on forums some i find them very fake.. dun know which to believe!

Talking about maternity wear... anyone knows whether the Dorothy Perkin's Maternity wear (Bugis branch have right?) section sells.. dark coloured bootcut jeans?

I dunno why almost all the maternity jeans I see are skinny jeans or there are in some strange bright blue or light blue colour!

Wendy, for CL... should ask ur friends or colleagues if they have any gd ones to recommend... This method would be tested and proven....

Maternity clothing, I know Fox has also a maternity as well as kids section... Can go there to check it out too... Nice designs but not too sure on the price...

suying, gd luck for ur scan tmr!!! Dun worry, go w relax mind...everything will turn out swee swee....trust me!!! I pray for U....Huat ahh!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi gals,

So the topic today is shopping!! For bulky baby items like cot and car seat, u gals can copy the model that u like and call this shop at Chinatown. Chang2 choon1. They usually can offer a much better price. I got my peg perego pliko p3 from them at $600 when taka fair is having 'promotion' of the same model at $698. So not harm giving them a call to chk out the price before u commit on any 'good deal' else. They also sell cheaper baby wipes, soap and laundry detergent. But only certain brands. I bot pigeon wipes from them at $9 per 3 packs. Outside selling $10.50 (offer price) best is they do delivery for order above $200. So usually I buy in bulk. Not pt going down to the shop cos it's a very small one. Anything just call and ask. Their number is 65323855. They are closed on Sun.

Maternity wear> din buy alot during my last pregnancy so hoping to spend some money to boost my self esteem this time round. Some more it's CNY period!! Thanks Audrey for sharing abt beauty world. Shall check it out this weekend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi feimei & mummies... thanks for yr encorangement.

somehw im too emo... i think i have stress myself so much. keep wan to vomit & finally vomit something sour like gastric liquid. ;(

N i start o cry.... DH saw... dunno wat to console but ask mi to sleep only. hw long can i hang on.... the result makes mi woli woli... my fren say if i keep on like dis will have despression.... aft a cry feeling better nw too..

suying, don't worry too much and relax.. having a baby is a happy thing.. suffer a bit and later see the healthy little baby arrive and grow up (cheekily) will make all the suffer now goes away..

Has any 2nd time mom think of getting the umbrella type of stroller, my kid is getting heavy but still take afternoon nap.. now thinking if I should get an umbrella stroller for him and let his for the new coming..

Come on, suying!!! Dun like tat...u shld be very happy to able to c bb for a loner time tmr...y wan to let emo overtake u??? Rem out motto fr the start of our journey??? Stay +ive...+ive thinking to keep bb sticky on us n grow healthy inside us....get over ur emo n meet ur bb in a happy mood!!!

Few days before me scan, i oso very moody, worry on results but the prob is, haven even scan, where got the results??? N more impt...bb will be affect very much by our mood so keep a relax n happy mood to meet ur bb n everything will be smooth..n true enough, my result turn out to be gd lol....is wat u wan to be, no one can control over u!!!!

Hv a gd rest n meet ur bb in ur best pleasant smile!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes suying.. feimei is right.. me also was worry before my DS scan esp I have bad history.. but once you see the active little one on the monitor.. all worries gone..

And think further, once your 1st tri is over, less MS, better appetitide, you will be looking forward for all your upcoming check up.. cheer up

Thanks mummies.... i will. jiayou jiayou!!!... stress lo... ok mummies.... wait for my gd news aft tomolo scan in afternoon. i think gt 1 mummy gg for rescan to. some more close timing wif mi!!... ;)

Wondering hw is Daph too ;)

Suying> pls stop worrying yrself for nothing. Scans are to give reassurance, not to create unnecessary worries. ;) whatever it is, we also can't change or control anything, y not live happily? Like wat feimei said, stay positive. I was like u when I was having #1. always moody and worrying. End up now my girl always look so grouchy. I sometimes will blame myself for that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so now I always try to spend more time to play with my girl cos seeing her , although grouchy looking haha, makes me very happy. Try to Look at some cute babies photos and think abt how yrs will look like when s/he comes to this beautify world! ;)

thanks Kacey... ok. i try my very best think & live happily no matter wat ;) really thanks all mummy.... ;)

haha... Audrey dunno weather i could reconginze u anot ;)

kacey got the real example, her daughter. This happen to my best frenx too...when she hving her #1, she feel moody n always cry...nw her son, abit cry...abit cry...she oso blame herself for keep crying during her #1....sooo when she hving her #2, she keep a cheerful mind, now her #2, sooo cheerful, always smile to her, make her very happy...all these r real stories, soo all mummies, no matter wat, our bb is realli wat we r during our pregnancy...sooo no matter wat, stay +ive n happy!!!

Me, myself is a person who is very 'bei guan'...but when i m preggie, i keep reminding myself to be +ive, so my bb will turn out to be +ive as well becos i belief in all these true stories!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Agree... Stay positive very important...

I'm also trying and reminding myself ESP when at work due to work stress... Deadlines and targets to be met...

Let's all support each other and "Jia You" countdown to CNY long weekend and also our next scan to meet bb...

Yup true, during my 1st pregnancy, i was happy throughout as no MS, shopping for baby stuffs, etc.

And my boy is a cheerful and happy boy now. He seldom cry after his infant stage. So mummies, be happy.

I admit i was not happy during my 1st tri as having bad MS but now, i am back to normal me. Want to be as happy as the 1st time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Be happy for the year 2011.

lizzie, i am going for scan tomorrow too! mine is at NUH, morning slot.. quite a few of u going to KK for scanning hor? hw much is the cost for it? u all know?

morning ladies!woke up early cos cant get to sleep well cos i woke up almost 2hr interval just to pee! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i wonder what to eat for breakfast tdy.... fried beehoon or ba zhang? hmmm

suying, be positive. i am also trying to be positive and not to think too much.hehe..

my MIL also told my hubby to keep me happy so that bb also will be happy when he/she is born.heheh

Yaya

mine is tomorrow at nuh too!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] agreed! I haven't had good sleep, keep waking up to pee.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] can be as often as 4-5 times ...

thanks mummies.... omg.... my heart like cant breath. i think i really over woli. cos dunno hw is the little one inside. pray haard God will bless mi with a healthy child ;)

Audrey... paisei ya... yest last msg i off my FB le. but nw i have on ;)

Lizzie... sine like 3 of us have the same timing for today appt. ;)

yaya... ya we gg for KKH. there is 3 package. we had choosen package B which cost us @ S$321.00

Hihi morning mtbs

Suying

Agreed with Feimei n kacey

Happy mummy = happy bunnies bb stay positive Thr nothing u can do....so why not stay happy god will bless all of us de...jia you!!!

Wow 3 mummy dame appt today at ADC??? BUt I understand the oni 2 room for scan ( if I not wrong )... Maybe u gal shld hold a red rose eg so can recognize each other... Hehe

Back