(2011/06) June 2011

Life is beautiful , hb also tell me to keep mum let them decide themselves dun talk wat moral story to her aft all she dun talk to me means I'm nt her choice to talk to dun go n disturb her

JJ

Now that you mentioned, I remember when I was having my #1, some mummies bought the little dreamers bath gel. Do you still see it being sold?

GATHERING - 9th Mar, 7pm @Iluma Manhattan Fish Market

this is wat i have so far.. i think i might have missed a couple ppl though cos its like all over the place.. pple pls kindly let me know if i missed u out.. thanks

Altariel

Pianojazzy

Syrah

captain_piglet

Qiuen

Bless

JJ(marchbb)

Clare68

winniepooh (TBC)

chiladi

Amtail

Hanis

Joyce

shymz

tulipslover

princess_christine

suzieduck

loneeagle1178

rain4days (TBC)

Junez (TBC)

chloezork

tinklebellx

JJ, do they sell beddings for the cot? R there diff kind of cot sheets? Heard ppl talking abt fitted sheets etc yst.

I was at Mothercare yst. Think most of their stuff grabbed up. Some of their shelves are pretty empty. Din manage to get the nipple cream and towels i wanted [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope taka fair will not disappoint.

Mel, Aussino only sell one type of bb cot set and only one size if I remember correctly the bumper is my cot size 170cm x 30cm (2 bumper) one for the left and the other for the right side. Got pillow, boster and comforter... but I dun like cause very flat looking... plus I got my own blanket and the beansprout pillow for pillow not really need for NB, u can just fold the nappy cloth and bb can slp on it.

But fitted sheet better so it would not run... as my cot is a hand me down.. I got on BP a 2 in 1 fitted sheet.... water proof sheet & also a cot sheet... I have not wash it thou after wahing it will see if its soft for bb or not... if not than buy cot sheet for bb.

I bought a Fisher Price swing-rocker at 15% disc. Was looking high & low for it, checked the website and Mothercare has it, so went to buy it. Yay~

Wanted to get a cot, at $299 with free latex mattress, good deal, but no wheels, so I didn't buy it.

Christy> oic... I think the gap/ON online 30% sale is coming on 17th march, for those interested. I didn't have anything from mothercare for #1, mostly from gap/ON, cheap and good.

Like to check on BB diaper do we prepare only 1 pack of NB size at home? Enough? Cause my mum using diaper cloth in the day time.

Maternity pads... I rememder that Sofy is the longest in the market.. but I think now I see less of Sofy pad (the long one 40+cm) anyone know if the pad itself is net or cotton surface as I personally like cotton.. net are not recommended as its quite painful cause will stick to stitch I heard.

Hi mummies,

if you are looking for malay massage, I'd like to recommend Nurin, HP: 96173994, to help with post-natal massage. She's friendly and does very good relaxing massages.

Christy

I didn't prepare NB size that time, and I took back the leftover Pampers NB from hospital. I used size S straightaway after finishing it. I rather go out n buy NB sizes if I run out, rather than overstock on it.

all i saw at mothercare was this toy with a birdhouse and a bird and plays music. but then the q was so long so gave up lol! i went ont saturday night. wanted stuff like nipple cream, laundry detergent and pre perago si but didn't see any.

played with Phil and Teds stroller again. can see the longing in my DH eyes!! but seriously too long and bulky for us public transport users.

i packed up all the stuff we bought and already we filled up the drawers that we just got from ikea. my mum say we bought so small drawers where got enough. bb things are a lot one! haha.

Hi Claire, i hope u have seen my post in fb regarding the Avent steriliser set in Robinson. its includes 2*125ml bottles, 2*260ml bottles, and a pair of 0-3m pacifiers... maybe u can go and have a look and see whether they still have the package anot. the cost shld still be $135, since no further discount other than the 5% rebate only. thats the best i have seen so far.. cos the elsewhere dun include so many bottles.

Hanis, i oso saw the $39 Mothercare sterilisers at Mothercare yesterday i went. still got alot of stock! u can go buy since the sale is till this sunday.. My hubby questioned me why do we need to get an Avent steriliser for $135, when Mothercare have one selling for $39! LOL!! i dunnoe how to answer him on that lor. cos we bought the steriliser one day before we went HBF.. :/

Christy, me too.. nothing to buy at mothercare other than rompers! haha..

Altariel, i confirm my attendance this wed dinner. thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BTW.. I did a goggle on the shampoo that is offering.. hmmmm it never state that its for confinement for use? My friend recommend this ginger oil that she get from China. This ginger oil is all purpose such that you simply drop the oil into the shampoo u wiling, the shower gel etc and it can use for massage as well... it seems cheap $20 but I think it may not last that long for long usage since its multi purpose.

Anyone came across this? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5185715.jpg]

Junez> I wanted to buy their pad but after looking at it like not long leh... and its the same as I have at home (i got sample fm Laurier) 1 yr ago still keep it cause I find it thick but got wings...

Maybe can get Sanitary disposal bags - 50pk haha cause I usually wrap pad w the plastic sheet which come w the pad and go over will toilet paper... This time round we will be bleeding more I thinking maybe get the bag at least look less messy...

Christy, haha.. i always use newspaper to wrap when i m at home.. haha.. no cost! ;p

Junez> Haha I dun have newspaper le... plus my wraping skill no good... maybe can start to collet newspaper now and learn wraping at the same time LOL.

Magazine also can do the trick actually... plus will not dirty the fingers...

Christy n Junez,can keep envelopes lor..the used ones.for me n my mum n sis we use the envelopes we receive from bills,especially those credit cards give extra return mailing envelopes..

clare / christy / junez > good ideas! for me, I always waste lots of toilet paper cos like christy, i only use the plastic sheet from the pad then go thru with toilet paper. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Really feel fortunate to be in this forum. Learn alot of tips & tricks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clare, good idea hor? haha.. can recycle those envelopes. but wont envelopes be too small when we use those super long pads? haha..

Christy, i just rolled it into the newspaper lor. somemore those today/mypaper size good enuff.. haha.. wrapped then i put inside the small wrapper of the pad, then throw, so that it wont open up..

christy, no newspaper nvm, just grab a copy of today or mypaper oso can, lol!! i also using sofy longest pad, i cant recall it's net or cottony.

clare, ya, the used envelopes very useful keke!

tsukushi, so cfm 30% off on on/gap on 17 mar, maybe we mtbs do pte spree among ourselves, i just post in fb asking to cfm if 30% off ON/Gap cos tot of getting some clothings from there. if want to do pte spree among outselves, prob do at fb?

Idea le for using envelops LOL.. I think I can start collecting it.. get some today papers fm my IL place... ya hor I was think how to secure it... after wrap in newspaper go over it with the wraper...

JJ> Oh u use Sofy too??? If your recall do let me know if its net or cottony cause dun want to be in a painful state later....

Personally I want cottony one and w wings (wings are very important..) I read that even the thick cotton wing pads also not that good too.

JJ

I saw the date online posted by someone. Just keep a lookout on the spree threads nearer to date. I'm not in Facebook group yet in case other friends start asking should they see me joining.

tsukushi> I think its a close group in the FB le so I dun think other pple also will know :p hahah if not other pple will know what I post yesterday LOL.

Wah mummies! thanks for sharing the tips! Never thought of it before! I always use up lotsa toilet paper rolling the used pads over and over! keke.. Thanks again! I will start to collect used envelopes and also some magazines sheets to begin with to store in the cabinet of my toilet!

Baby bathing tub - I had just bought a baby bathing tub and prop up mesh piece to prepare for my baby. Wah not cheap leh, cost me about SG$16 for a normal looking over plastic tub! The prop up mesh piece not too ex though... about SG$4.00 which comes with a tiny pillow looking sponge piece.

evvie, where did you get the bb bathing tub and do u have a pic of it? I am still sourcing for tub and have no idea which type to get.

tsukushi> christy is right.. our FB group is a closed group.. it doesnt show up in my FB profile at all leh. others not in the group cannot see what content you post either so no worries! do join us!

out of curiosity, your tummy is still not showing and you havent told people abt ur pregnancy? i thot most of us would already be sporting a balloon in front by now, however tiny it might be haha

junez> noted ur attendance for the gathering [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Christy

I'm not sure whether your friends can see when you join the group, but they will not be able to see what you post inside. I know there's a higher level of security called "secret group". This is definitely not visible to the public.

Altariel

Oh I never meet some friends inside for ages, so they don't know. What's the fb link anyway? thanks!

crystalz > maybe you can try getting the bath tub from Ikea. It has a non-slip mat and I think it looks quite nice.

For me, cos I just got married, the other time got the dowry which includes the baby potty/bathtub & all, so not getting one. Maybe I will get another to put it at my mom's place, where I do my confinement. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also wanna join the FB group for June mommies too! but too bad, my office cannot access FB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Enjoy your outing this wed, june mommies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Crystalz, I got my tub and mesh prop up in a shop here in Vietnam where I am based at for long term work. Its a normal oval looking plastic tub with prints at the bottom which I feel is over priced but no choice and I get it anyway as its not easy to buy baby stuffs around here. I will try to take a picture of it when I get home later tonight. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

life is beautiful

You have iphone? You download the free fb app and access from there.

I also used a traditional bathtub that came with my dowry. Anyway you will need to hold the baby properly while bathing. If you attend prenatal class, the instructor will teach u.

Life is beautiful & Tsukushi, me too.. will be using the traditional tub & potty that comes with my dowry. heehee.. As some mummies mentioned, Mount A gives free tub too. so i will leave one at home, put another one at my mum's place when she start to help me to look after the baby.. ;P

For small stool, Daiso also selling, but dun have the anti-slip thing like Ikea's stool lah. anyway i got both. =)

And for fb, dun worry, since its a closed thread, so whatever posted will only be seen by members, not public. wont appear on ur fb wall too.. and ur frens cant see u joined this group.

I oso cant access fb in office and without iphone. =(

Dear mummies

may i know what is the prop up mesh piece for?

my bad cough has come back to haunt me...super itchy throat and phelmgy!! really misearable!!!

today gg TCM to see my doctor see if he got any remedy for me!! Feeling very depress and guilty that i keep falling sick and worry to affect my baby.

Junez

Glad to hear that! What's the link?

Btw, the potty that came with my dowry was the very traditional, round kind. My son didn't like it at all, so we ended up buying another one that looked like an adult toilet seat. When it comes to potty training, sometimes it depends on how choosy your toddler is.

Victoria,

Why don't you get some medicine from your gynae? Western medicines will work faster to cure your cough. I had a very long and persistent cough too, and after taking my gp+gynae's medicines, finally went off for good.

Tsukushi, u can search for "MTB June 2011" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As for potty, mine oso round one. i will see how first lor. if really cannot use then no choice got to get another one next time.

Hi mummies,

Toking about bathtubs, is it necessary to get the anti-slip mats for bathtubs?

On shopping, so far, I've got the cot, playpen, nb clothes, mittens/booties, bb carrier, steriliser, breast pump n milk bottles...

Can advise as to what else i've missed out?

Hi ladies,

How are you girls getting on?

I am unable to join the FB thread can someone please add me? my email is [email protected]

Anyway, my details below:

Nick: applepies

EDD: 26/June

Gynae: LN Sim

Hospital: TMC

BB# 1st

Boy/Girl: Boy

So far i am coping with 2nd tri pretty well. Starting to countdown even though there is another 3 months to due date [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hee so happy, 1 uncle hav been giving me his seat few times wn I knock off.ha if every time we same timing he prob will get sick if seeing me :p

Wed going glucose test gynae giving mc but then today then knew my colleague tking leave on we'd to fri. There are 2 occasion she on long leave I mc she go bck wk leh I wonder is it a must she b ard wn I nt ard paiseh leh nw dunno hw to react...

Victoria, sorry to hear that your cough is still bad. When I had my bad cough 2 months back, I am mostly coughing during the night, and throat was extremely itchy. It helps when I used a humidifier when I sleep as I find that I could sleep better and cough less into the night. Check this out:

http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=272

Prop up mesh piece for bath tub - I bought it as I think it will help to cradle the baby during bathing and keep baby from slipping into the tub. Its a small mesh sling piece which I believe can be used during the initial couple of months only. My mum will be coming over to help me in my confinement period, so I hope she knows how to use it. And oh yah, I have a stool to standby too!

Back