(2011/06) June 2011

the swaddle i bought was 9.90, it's full of little duckies. eh heh heh.

i popped by Ocean at chinatown to buy some Sofy and Laurier night pads. checked out their Kodomo and Pigeon baby wash and detergent. about 6.90 for bottle and 6.00 for refill. OG promotion is 6.90 for pigeon. BHG at 5$ is a good deal.

why do we need disposable undies?

Chil> Oh I dun know BHG sell cheaper for the cloths detergent... if not I also buy LOL...

I saw the Pigeon 2 in 1 wash (Hair & body) dun know good or not. They dun have small bottle one cause I want to try out first if not waste if cannot use.

Any idea there is 2 in 1 hair and body wash besides Mustela, Pigeon & J&J?

chil: it only wrote 'from birth. easy to create a snug fit, adjustable fits your growing baby. It doesnt write till which age leh.

But since is called the first years. does it mean to age 1? haha

disposable undies> cleaner and no need to wash ma.. if got stain..

But personally I dun feel comfortable with disposable undies cause like "lang lang" going to drop anytime..

Qiuen> hahha same same la.. I think I will not wear disposable panty... really not body fitting plus imagine heavy flow... dun know will leak out or nt..

i noe some CL wash clothes for bb & mum, incl underwear. so can no buy disposable panties. last time i just buy those ah ma type panties, dirty then throw! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yup JJ ;) my colleague recommend me her cos she say she is gd ESP stitching skills ... This is my first bb..

Mine is one day behind yours!! Also a boy. Is your boy big? My stomach quite small and he weighs 440g cos I dun eat much except 3 meals.. Wonder if it's ok

Hmmm I Havent buy anything .. Oops

hehe, i used disposable panties and sofy pads cos their pads are up to 40 or 45cm.

Suat Hoon, yes, Dr Sim's stitching skills is good as heard from my frd who did csect under her, mine natural delivery so she only sew my below, :p. Best is she wont hardsell anything to us if she think it's not beneficial to us.

my boy har, he was abt 402 gms when i went for detailed scans, nah, don't worry, i also don eat much, only gained 1kg nia, as long bb is growing, we mummies din gain much is ok, bb is helping us to absorb, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

when is your next check up? mine is 9mar, 1030am.

qiuen. lol, first years is brand name.

christy, i use Loreal hand to toes wash for #1. i find it more moisture compare to JJ & Pigeon. But dunno it suit newborn or not. it have abit of coconuts flavor in it though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it look sth like this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-DSivrafL.jpg but in light green color bottle.

another brand is Sebamed. which is similar to QV, ph neutral and suit newborn. this i use at nanny side. Get from Msia cheaper.

hi mummies-to-be, congrats on your impending bundle of joy!!!! sorry to interuppt, but i have a gently used Combi infant car seat in case any one of you interested.

Suitable for new born till 1 yr old. Can also use as rocker. Retailing for $243 if u buy brand new. I am selling for $160.

Actual colour is dark brown/beige combo with a brown floral pattern canopy.

Collect at Bedok, i can deliver if location is not too way out.

Text me at 9029 7390 for quick response. THanks!! Hve a safe pregnancy!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5143950.jpg]

disposables- so mainly to reduce washing. ok bah, i don't fancy wearing also. i think the lang lang feel will also be easier to stain.

Hi Mummies,

Just back from my appt tdy.. and total I had gained 11kg... Gyane mentioned is ok...Anyone gained as much as me?. n BB growth is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] BB now at 920g =D he also v shy bb...during the 3D scan .. he cover his face with his hand, dun let daddy n mummy c his face..

Re: Sales

Now BHG having Sales? till when..dun mind sharing with me.. i oso waiting for Isetan sales.. Till now i yet to start my shopping..need to get bottles, PJ and oso a new pram that can be use for my big n small boy..

Hi Everyone,

May I join in? I'm a first time mom and baby will be due in 21 June. My doctor is Dr Yvonne chan. I'm new to all this, so recommendations and help would be very grateful!

Jay mum,hehe...same!I gain 11.5kg n my gyne says it's ok for me because my bmi for pre preg was below avg.

Welcome Sheila!

Disposable panties-my mum says can try men's ..not so Lang Lang [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clare,

Oh didn't know that our preg wt gain must take into account our original BMI. Must check with my Gynae on this too. I don't want mine to grow too fast but yet don't eat 'bu' like also not gd for babies.

Welcome Sheila! Do check out our FB thread too. MTB JUNE 2011. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

clare,

i already hit 62kg.. i rem my 1st preg.... i gained 13kg till week38... now i still hv 12 weeks to go.. usually i gain abt 3 kg every 4 week nw.. so im thinkin will i hit 20kgs for my whole preg ya.-_-''

Re: Maternity pads

If c-section, no need to get maternity pads? Normal pads will do?

Jay mum n syrah, I think pre preggie BMI also plays a part.My gyne was looking at my record and he calculated my BMI,n mentioned that my weight gain for now is fine.

maybe I needed more fats to carry the baby..haha..

I think as long as we are eating healthy stuff + some form of exercise,it should be ok.

I m now 55.5kg..I also think I will hit 20kg gain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway,we can't go on a diet at this time,so just lose weight after the pregnancy..

Pianojazzy, I heard from a GF who had C-sec that as the doc will help remove some of the blood after baby is delivered, there will be less bleeding for C-sec mummies as compared to natural birth mummies. I am also told it takes shorter number of days for C-sec mummies to clear her bleeding.

Hi all,

Haven't logged in for a while but am religiously reading all the posts to keep myself updated...Busy for the past 2 weeks..my grandma passed away after 9 days in the hospital..*sob*sob..Dun worry, my family and I are fine, I even got to kiss her and see her off, so am better now.

Anyway, some ladies were asking about drinking essence of chicken to relieve lethargy right? It works! I drink brands essence of chicken, and it does keep up my energy for a few days...coupled with 8-10 hours of sleep, it really keeps the lethargy away.

Oh, Borders is having a massive clearance sale at Expo Hall 3A from Feb 25-27. (this weekend). I plan to go if not too tired to get books to read to the baby, and for baby to read..hehe..maybe can get some preggie books too. You get a $10 voucher with min. spending of $50.

Clare68, we're of the same weight! So far, gynae never mentioned anything bout my weight gain, so no news mean good news right? Hehe...

Welcome to all the new mummies!

Syrah, ya, just going for the date first since i can choose liao. As for the name, will wait for the bb to born.

Rat, son was staying with nanny till 3 (only come back on wkends), so when he is back, i put him to sleep in our room. Now little didi coming, so he have to give way. I told him that i'm going to put up a nice room for him, with bed & study table as he will be going P1 next year. he is very excited about the whole thing..^__^..

hanis> take care!

claire> how much did u pay for the playpen?

Actually, I dun really understand how come will put on weight. I put on abt 2 kg evy month. But i just stick to my 3 meals a day. I'm not eating more than pre-preg days lei..

Mel, thanks. =)

Actually, most of the weight gain is attributed to the presence of the amniotic sac, enlarged uterus, baby and placenta. It's good to just eat as per normally, prolly just increase small meals intakes of good protein and carbo such as wheat bread, eggs (not complex carbo like biscuits and rice) for the baby to develop well. Of course, some food is stored and not burnt off as easily because we tend to rest more, but more food is also need for production of milk, hormones, etc..

Haha, I sound like some not-so-pro dietician..bah...

but this is from what I read, experience and what gynae says...

Hanis,condolence to u n your family.hopefully u get more rest soon.

I agree with what Hanis said.sac etc etc contributes to the weight gain lor.

Since gyne never said anything or tell us to cut down,I think we are fine.. Lol

Take care Hanis.

Thnks Evvie.

Mel, i saw this online.

Weight gain in pregnancy

Baby 3.3kg

Placenta 0.7kg

Amniotic fluid 0.8kg

Muscle layer of uterus (womb) 0.9kg

Blood Volume 1.2kg

Extra Fluid 1.2kg

Breast 0.4kg

Fats 4kg

This is just a guide.

morning mummies! I've put on about 6kg+ but my BMI was high to start with. the last 3 weeks i suddenly put on a lot of weight ~2kg and baby bump VERY obvious. had been wondering if weight gain is ok, but fortunately i'm seeing gynae this weekend so can check...

do any of you have numbing effect on the upper right side of abdomen? I get that when i'm sitting and leaning forward for too long (e.g. during meals...)

and my nose grew bigger over the pregnancy! my colleagues said it was so obvious i am carrying a boy because of my nose.. but how? will it go away after delivery? I dun want to live with Jacky Chan nose forever!!

I've put on abt 7kg so far. But in 1st tri lost 2kg too. So does that mean I've put on a total of 9kg? Btw my current weight has been the same for abt 2-3 weeks. Kinda worried. Are we supposed to increase our weight each week?

my last visit on 31/1, i've already gained 10kgs..tat was in wk20..

hubby and i already aiming at a gym machine we saw in TV ads..can get frm BHG bugis..abt $279..tone ur muscles 3mins a day..nt tat big also..

nw hubby asking me to cut dwn on carbo for dinner..eat more meat instead..

then i abit pey chey also..i said spore everywhere also carbo..hw nt to eat them..unless salad eh?? then scare outside salad never clean properly then lazy to make it at hm..he said ok for me to eat KFC..KFC is oil eh..he said better then carbo..dont eat the skin ah..

coz carbo can make us and bb fat...

my colleague last stage doc also said her bb getting bigger..coz she been eating nasi lemak etc for breakfast..then after that she change to eating home salad...

Clare68, thanks. =) Piano, I think my boobs weigh more than 0.4kg! cialat! Hahaha....And, I felt a little nausea after my meal just now..perhaps i ate till i was a little too full...can feel the onsets of 3rd tri already...some mummies were talking about bouts of nausea coming back..oh oh..

Chilli_padi, lol! My colleage is also having a boy, and her nose also very big!!! They say if you are carrying boys, its like that...but, I also heard that it goes away after delivery..hehe..

Wah, the pregnancy weight gain calculator is quite accurate for me..Thanks for the link..But it also means that I gained a little much above average...hehe..supposed to be 53.86, but my weight was 55.4 when they weighed me last week at week 24! Oops..hehe...

weight gain. i dare not look at the scale now. last time #1 i gained near to 20kg! now i'm 1/3 there, trying to cut carbo too. so i eat noodles than rice for lunch. and lesser rice. and not much snack *if possible

hanis, my condolence to u & family.

pianojazz & evie, yup. i was c-sec and discharge cleared within one month. and use normal pad will do. so maybe pad can buy at the last month b4 pop? so by then u probably will noe whether u might be c-sec or not..

everyone told me that when they were carying boys, their noses became melons and threatened to eat up their face. lol. my mum says her nose were big no matter she was carrying a boy or girl. but it will go away.

actually now i prefer pasta/carbos to meat leh. to think i was a carnivore. i can only eat chicken and beef. pork a bit smelly to me now, but also depends on the cook la.

also feeling mouth itchy all the time, so i stick to full grain/wholemeal biscuits and fruits. try not to eat things like cakes and waffles LOL. my bag everyday is very heavy now since i pack my own water and some fruits for tea.

Hanis, take care..

Talking abt weight gain, i oso gained abt 10kgs.. measured at 57.5kg 2 weeks ago at the gynae's.. dunnoe got increase for these past 2 weeks anot..

anyway, going to see gynae later regarding my sudden bleed last week..

Hopefully my placenta shifted out of the way liao..

Last week when i was in hospital, my gynae pressed pressed my tummy, he said was very hard. and he commented it was contractions.. huh? but no pain lor.. i was still telling my hubby that maybe that was my 'sh*t' coming lor.. haha..

Mummies, do we feel the tummy hard if really got contractions?

i have trouble sleeping on my sides these few days.. cos felt the kicks continuously if i dun turn my tummy face up.. and my tummy felt like stretched when lying flat on the bed or sometimes even when standing up.. is this normal?

When is considered as 3rd tri?? i m in week 25 now..

Junez,

Oh...tummy hard means it's contractions? Then I think I've quite a fair bit of contractions going on already. Perhaps my braxton hicks already happened earlier than I realised. I always tot it's hard since I'm carrying twins and there's less space inside for them. Must ask my gyane abt this next week when I see him.

Syrah, i m not too sure abt that too.. haha.. better check with ur gynae.. cos all the while my tummy had been hard hard lor.. cant be contractions since 1st tri rite? haha..

thanks all! it's comforting to know my melon nose will go away =)

Junez i also can't sleep on side for too long coz i feel my upper back strained, and teh fella inside starts dancing away. had to lie flat on back for awhile.. really feels more comfortable but know we're not supposed to lie on back for so long too. sigh..

is 3rd tri 29th week? I'm also not too sure...

Hanis, Deepest condolence to you and your family. Take care! Your grandma will watch over you and baby in heaven.

Ladies..its good to gain weight now as it prove that baby is growing right?? For me i abit worry. So far i only put on 5Kgs from pregnancy till now. Seem i am abit not so normal???!! Before preg weight is 55KG. Now Everyday weight my scale (provided not spoil is 60kgs). Practically i put on only 1 kg per month, and on week 20 check up..1 only put on 700gram! This month slightly more...Hope my baby is growing well!

Oh dear..my tummy also always hard leh...means always got contraction??? but i am only week 23 this week!!

Hmmm the Pigeon Laundry Detergent Refill pack is selling at BHG Bugis at $5.20. But that means i have to find an empty bottle for it....

Hanis, my condolences to you and your family. It's good that she had family with her when she passed on. And thanks for the info on the borders sale. Maybe I can go grab some books for my #1 if I'm not too tired. Any info on the range of books on sale?

chilli_padi, my colleagues are waiting for my nose to grow, haha. So far no sign that it's expanding yet.

Carbo> can try taking complex carbo like unpolished rice, whole grains. Healthier and you don't have to eat as much to stay full. No choice for me coz I've got GD, I find that eating white rice and noodles makes my blood glucose shoot up.

Weight gain> I'm still putting back what I've lost during the first trimester. Lost about 8-9kg in all, so still below prepreg weight I think.

Hard tummy> i usu feel that when I'm tired, esp after work. Don't feel like contractions leh. Or when I'm bloated up with gas.

hanis, my condolences to you and your family.

fen, oic, ok, hehee!!

syrah and Junez, it maybe BH cos real contraction shld not be tummy hard, if i recall.

Weight gain> so far i have not gained much, and prob i still take normal meal and din take more than i can take plus i do not have any cravings.

chili_padi and hanis, i don have big nose when carrying boys leh, hehehe!! my tummy don look very big when expecting boy, but it's bigger when i expecting my gal the last time.

qiuen, the pigeon refill pack is a good price. Any container will do, as long as it doesn't spill. Maybe a mineral water bottle?

shymz: oh ya hor. why i never think of that. thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

qiuen, cheap right the detergent! last time wat i did is bot one pigeon detergent in bottle. then all refilled. cos the bottle cap got measurement lines. so u noe wat is 5ml - 20ml. or u use those small milk bottle instead?

lying side or flat. my #2 will make sure her voice is heard when i lying aside and make her uncomfortable. but she is more gentle than her elder sister.

My baby does not kick at all ;( altho he does rove around the stomach playing himself I guess. I check on pregnancy calculator at babymed.com aiyo it says for 23 weeks weight gain is 5 to 7kg and I m slightly of the mark ;( I dun eat that much but perhaps I should aim healthy ;)

Once a while I ll eat cod fish and broccoli with oat porridge for lunch...

I find myself drink alot of water at least 2 liters...?!

Back