(2011/06) June 2011

Dear MTBs

Wishing you a smooth delivery.

One of the Confinement Lady who had decided to hire to my MIL for nanny service for 6mths had played her out. As the CL has decided to put her baby into infant care. Hence she available now.

If you decided to hire a Confinement Nanny, you may want to PM me. Definately no regrets in hiring her. She is on a long-term social visit pass.

claire > yup, recvd a mailer for IKEA. There will be a private sale for IKEA Friends on 3 March and a sale from 3-20 March. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just to share, went to Causeway Point yesterday and Metro was having a storewide 20% off on its item, saw the Fisher Price toddler to kid seat selling at $150++... so tempted to buy, in the end we didn't. Bought an Advent milk warmer instead. My first baby purchase. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

Anyone is a mothercare member here? Can PM me your card details? Mothercare fair starts 3rd march next week, heard there is a member's preview on the 2nd march, I want to get a car seat from there.

I remember not long ago, one mummy was asking for mothercare member's card details too.

So anyone going to mothercare fair at harbourfront next week?

mummies - BHG & isetan also have sale till 3 Mar, 20% discount for pigeon. isetan have old bottles trade-in deals

Babynini > i would probably checking it out but most likely won't come during the first few days cuz i dont really like crowd

I wanna buy mobile lei... any good bargain?

BTW mummies, what do you think about renting a toys? The price are really attractive (plus free delivery) and my girl will outgrow it really fast, but hubby concerned about the hygiene level...

Hi pianojazzy -thanks for replying..

My white discharge is alot and

abit itchy unlike those white

discharge we have normally.

*Recently peep alot

7days more before my mens due,

cant wait to test...

Wonder those pills for insert &

creams & pp wash for reducing the

white discharge is safe to use

during pregnancy?

Hanis, tk care my condolence to u n ur family. I'm sure she left in peace w u all ard

Junaine oh dear I hope ur condition improve still got qt a few wk to go, "gambateh"

Little bb If u think u preg n scare the wash no gd for bb then just try to wash w water most impt is try to keep dry. Too freq wash is nt gd tk note cos it affect our PH

Little BB> If it cause itch you better visit your gyne.

I have slight itch during preggy and also was having tummyache so I visit the gyne all at the same time. The gyne check and mention that apply cream will not solve the problem so he ask me to apply cream for another 1 week plus gave me an insert and antibiotics.

Itch will affect the bb if you are preggy and if not affect the internal organs... so better see your gyne for a check...

Dring lots of water, shower with cold water not hot water as it will get worst. Reduce your suger intake and some pple get infection due to taking other antibiotics like me.... if you take any other antibiotics always remind your dr that you will have itch after taking them.

babynini > i think i will be going too but not sure when since the fair last quite a while till the 13th right.

You looking at car seats..? any recommendations? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am contemplating to get one or not...

Little bb (mrs_chong)

It is best you see a gynae.

i have yellow discharge during my early pregnancy and was told tat i have to wait till 2nd trimenster then can treat me, she only give me some anti baterial wash & ask me to keep my gential area as dry as possible. She comments that inserts and other medication maybe harmful to baby so unless it is really neccessary..she do not want to give me until 2nd trimenster. Take care!

Mobiles-> I'm looking for a cot mobile too, selection quite limited at mothercare, I only saw one or two pink cot mobiles and playmats at mothercare.

Car seats-> I'm getting a convertible cat seat suitable from birth to about 3 years old, so not many to choose from, getting the britax one.

I should be going during the 2nd or 3rd in the morning, hopefully not too crowded since it's a weekday morning, mist people should be working.

Babynini > let us know what the bargain is lol cuz I stay on the east, dowan to come down all the way end up buy nothing lol

Little bb- if your discharge is cloudy and white plus with unusual smell, you might have yeast infection. some peep decribe as a cottage cheese consistensy. see your GP/gynae. in the meantime you may want to arm yourself by eating cranberries/juice, eat natural unsweetened yogurt so as to build your own immunity against such infections.

Isetan tots fair> went yesterday, bought the flower playmat that was on offer at 29.90$. did look at other pricier ones but i find the designs too complicated. big brands liks pigeon, nuk, avent if i recall is 20% off. medela is 15%, same as Tangs and at Mothercare/Metro. Taka baby depart is also having 20% for the same items except for medela which is 15%.

Basically all the departmental store offers are at the 20%, with the same bundle packages. like i bought my Pigeon steriliser plus 3 bottles for 122.9$ at Taka. Isetan selling the same but with one bottle of bottle detergent for like 126++ or something.

decided to get stroller from Hypermart, cos the discount there more substantial. BM pumps parts seem to be cheaper at the Baby Kingdom as well.

in the end , we realise that if we had bought the pigeon bottle pack 46.90$ (3 bottles+brush+pacifier) and the steriliser (95$+20%off) we'd only be paying 122.9$!!! haiz. cos a bottle brush is like 8.90 or something. pengz.....

Little bb- if your discharge is cloudy and white plus with unusual smell, you might have yeast infection. some peep decribe as a cottage cheese consistensy. see your GP/gynae. in the meantime you may want to arm yourself by eating cranberries/juice, eat natural unsweetened yogurt so as to build your own immunity against such infections.

Isetan tots fair> went yesterday, bought the flower playmat that was on offer at 29.90$. did look at other pricier ones but i find the designs too complicated. big brands liks pigeon, nuk, avent if i recall is 20% off. medela is 15%, same as Tangs and at Mothercare/Metro. Taka baby depart is also having 20% for the same items except for medela which is 15%.

Basically all the departmental store offers are at the 20%, with the same bundle packages. like i bought my Pigeon steriliser plus 3 bottles for 122.9$ at Taka. Isetan selling the same but with one bottle of bottle detergent for like 126++ or something.

decided to get stroller from Hypermart, cos the discount there more substantial. BM pumps parts seem to be cheaper at the Baby Kingdom as well.

in the end , we realise that if we had bought the pigeon bottle pack 46.90$ (3 bottles+brush+pacifier) and the steriliser (95$+20%off) we'd only be paying 122.9$!!! haiz. cos a bottle brush is like 8.90 or something. pengz.....

i realise that many mummuies here seem to be getting infections down there, including myself. a lot of us as seen the gynae or doctor and has been prescribed medication, but i realise most docs never explain what medicine we are given. i'm lucky that my gp always spend time to explain things to me, and tell me alternatives to keep myself well. so anyways, our third trimester is coming which will increase our chances of getting UTI, Bladder infection or vaginal yeast infection. so everyone take care. here's some info to arm yourself with.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_yeast-infections-during-pregnancy_485.bc?page=2

http://www.babycenter.com/0_urinary-tract-infections-during-pregnancy_9403.bc

Suzie> Thanks for the information... just to add on.. trim the hair there.. it really help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and if you are wearing panty liner do always change it.

Chilli_padi, i read in pregnancy book that says after week 28 onwards is considered as 3rd trimester. so counted from the 7th month onwards ba.. ;p

Infections > can take cranberries juice concentrate for UTI, and yogurt for yeast infections. I only know cranberries juice is safe for preg cos i asked my gynae before. I always got the "21st century 100% concentrated cranberry juice" at Guardian for UTI. very effective and not harmful, contains Vit C as well.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jus wanted to start shopping.. =) Went to Baby Hyperstore and Baby Kingdom on Sat, end up empty handed again.. haha.. Hyperstore only have car seat, strollers. nothing much. heehee.. i thot got a wide range of products like Baby Kingdom.. anyway, dun intend to buy stroller yet, cos tinking of using a sling for time-being.

Went to BHG Bishan, din see the Pigeon detergent u all talking abt leh.. dunnoe which one u all mentioned.. only saw one that can wash veggies instead..

After shopping at a few places like Kaki Bukit and BHG and Kiddy Palace and Fairprice Xtra, realised the prices for Sterilisers and bottles are the same. Hubby saw the NUK sterilisers seems better becos 'Made-in-Germany" and comes with 2x220ml and 2x110ml bottles at $101+ at Kiddy Palace.. haha.. But i more inclined to get Avent or Pigeon sterilisers. Avent comes with free bottles, but Pigeon is jus the steriliser only. Oh ya, Pigeon got another one with comes with Steriliser and Warmer.

Mummies, any advice on which brand of sterilisers to get?

junez - I saw pigeon sterlier with food warmer too, price was $165, might get it for my mil cos if I put EBM at her place she got warmer to warm the milk

junez > for steriliser I go with traditional method lol get a big pot and boil it instead.

Food warmer i got as a gift already so that one settled [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claire-> No prob, I will update here if there are any good deals. I stay in the east also but I have already decided on what to get. Went down Mothercare harbourfront yesterday to select car seats, the retail price is $468, the sales staff told me during the fair, it will be "$200+". I don't know how true but anyway since I have made up my mind on which model to get, I will go down and get the car seat.

JJ-> Thanks for your card details!

Oh ya personally I prefer baby kingdom than baby hypermart. The staff at baby kingdom was very friendly while the staff at baby hypermart (a few of them we approached) wasn't really helpful.

But one thing is these places don't have discount so better buy from department store as most have 20% discount :p

It's good place to go if you run out of supplies too, especially for people who stay nearby like me (it's only 4 bus stop from my house! lol so greattttt for emergency)

Hi All, i just went to BHG bugis last fri. I bought the pigeon steriliser that can also act as a food warmer. it cost $128 and it comes with a free detergent.

I think i saw the avent steriliser + food warmer + a small bottle cost abt $168.

hi gers

last time i duno see from forum or FB that

bukit timah gt one shop selling bb stuff rite..

anyone noe the shop name?? cuz tmr husband wanna bring me there see see..hehe..thanks[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Claire, initially my hubby oso said use the traditional boiling method.. haha.. but in the end, to save all trouble, so getting a steriliser instead lor. ;p

And the friendly auntie at Baby Kingdom said they will be having a sale during June.. so if can wait then can wait till then.. or get hubby to get.. =)

My colleague gave me an Avent warmer. but i randomly tried with a wide neck bottle, seems like cannot fit into the thing leh.. or i dunnoe to how to use? haha..

I wonder if the sale at BHG Bugis have more stuff than the one at Bishan?? cos Bishan seems like not much things to see leh..

Tinking of going the old shop in AMK to see if can get cheaper stuff.. haha..

Oh ya.. someone jus got a Kiddy Palace card right? buy how much then can apply for it?

Hi junez

last week i applied for the kiddy palace card..

i duno need to buy hw much then can apply leh..cuz i spent ard $180 for my clothings then the person ask me wanna apply ornot.. $10 for the membership card..so i apply it..

bt if u need the card, i can pass it to u..the person say just need to produce the card can liao..

morning mummies. claire, we tried d traditional method when #1 born. but eventually get a sterilliser that can clear everything at one go, fast and use oni 120ml water.

i like to go tat amk shop for small items. like clothes, pillow, powder etc. not top quality, but worth the $$

i saw the Isetan poster having offer for the Pigeon sterliser, come w 3 bottles n brush. $130, quite a gd price [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CL. better pay deposit first to the CL to book her. i got a frenz, whose CL suddenly say cant come after the bb pop. end up she got to search for another CL last mins. wat an irresponsisble CL!

junez, kiddy palace card is $10 for a year subscription, you can simply fill the application form and pay at the cashier and they give you the card on the spot.

gynae clinic juz called to remind me of my appt tomorrow then i asked whether i need to go earlier today to get the yucky drink to test for GD.. then they told me not everyone need to do the GD test.. if tummy is small and not much amniotic fluid and never put on much weight then most prob can no need to do the test.. yay

Okie.. Thanks Joyce and Crystalz.. The card is entitled for discount or points? disc how many %?

Joyce, if need the physical card, then if i borrow from u, then u cant use liao leh..

Winnie, haha.. thats what i thot so too when i went to J8 yesterday lor. cos nothing much. din even see the FirstYear swaddle wrap and the laundry detergent lor.. haha..

altariel - my last gynae appt never mention abt taking the test so I also keep quiet. my reasoning with hubby on this is, baby's weight is normal, amnoic fluid is normal, my weight gain is miserable I dun see the need unless gynae say must do

junez

haa me is can apply any cards then i just apply..

apply liao sometimes also nv use then expire..

bt the card nice nice..

altariel

ya i tink nt everyone have to take the drinks rite.. heard is everytime we go check up, we need do the urine test..i tink if failed then need do the GD..my coll, also june mummy, she told me she nv gain much weight..bt she need take the GD till end preg..tink quite troublesome..she need jab herself (something like tt)..act i also gain quite alot leh..5mths i gain ard 7kgs plus..tml my appt again..i dun dare to weigh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

audrey so far u gain any kgs?? i tink some bbs can absorb alot from their mummies even thou mummies nv gain much..so dun need to worry

junez - J8 is good if u need to buy anything urgently, not a good place to shop for baby stuff

joyce - my last check up was when I'm 21 weeks, gain 1.1kg only. baby weigh during detailed scan is 311g, baby absorb well & gynae no concern. I told hubby princess very kind to me, let me gain so little & yet maintain her own weight in normal range hahaha

audrey

like tt very gd leh..haa..last mth (exact 20 weeks), i gain 3.5kgs..haha..bb weight 350g..

tmr 6 mths appt le..very very fast..can see my bb princess again !!..

cuz i tink u no water retention all these..my water retention very bad..all colls say i swollen everywhere..sad sad..haha..

joyce - my next appt is in next Thurs! I'm dying to see precious on that little screen!! I got no water retention, but last Sat shop too much, by the time we're on the way home I can feel cramps gonna attack my leg any min!

hi joyce,

my bb girl about same size as your baby girl when i did my 20 week detail scan. she is abit lighter than yours at 345gram...and my gynae told me its an average size baby. If i maintain nicely like this every month..my girl will be around 3kgs at birth which is just nice for my size, easier to push![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hopefully i am able to maintain.

My next appt is on wednesday..Gynae hope she have to gain double the weight at 700gram at Wk24. Hope she is growing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi winniepooh (audreysu)

just to let you know i have a few nite of close to cramps attack at midnight due to excessive walking during the day. I am so scare of the PAIN of the cramps. I read that by doing some execise (rotating your ankle and wiggle your toes for 5mins)& by wearing socks helps to reduce the chance of cramps attack. So far it work well for me. Try it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

water retention> i got on the soles of my feet, so painful to walk. otherwise they look ok but my shoes are getting tighter.

my scan is next week at 26wks. i hope my bb grows well and i can see my princess too!

mummies can consider Tom & Stephanie membership too, $10 for life, 10% discount.

water retention - had ML to come over to massage my aching back muscles & she commented that I got a bad case of water retention. My hands & legs are not even swollen! She said the water is on my body, very obvious on my back... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] btw, she also said there is a oil for pre-natal massage to reduce cramps, we just have to inform our ML that we are having cramps & ask they to use the oil...

I when toilet 2 times again in the morning *tummyache* feel giddy in the afternoon...

Why am I always sick... feel very bad *sob sob*

Now sniffing on axe oil see if better or not...

Winnie, i tink if urgent need to get anything i will go to Kiddy Palace cos its nearer.. heeehee..

Thanks for the info Crystalz! =)

Altariel, for me, i oso did urine test everytime i go for my gynae check.. my gynae never mention abt the GD test.. ;p

Joyce, me too.. i oso tink i swollen everywhere.. dunnoe is my fats or water lor!! haha..

Suzie, try drinking more water.. i guess it helps to reduce water retention.. last week i was on bedrest, i drank plenty of water and walked less, and my swollen feet got better..

Baby weight > baby weighing at 865g last week at Wk 25.. my gynae say its growing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

how to check the percentile that u all had been talking abt?

Christy, take care..

Hi all mama.. After MIA-ing for so long, I am back!

Just saw the gynae earlier.. Dr said I put on too much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] too much cheese, bread & chocolates.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Guideline = 400g to 500g per week..

And, he mentioned that the tummy line as well as the nipple turning black are permanent!!!!! WTF!! Creams & laser will be able to help for the tummy line but nothing for the nipple [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back