(2011/06) June 2011

ChinLing: the ones who should be embarrassed should the fit and able ones who hog the seats. Have even seeen a bodybuilder sitting in the reserved and he didnt bother to give his seat. Shame on him. And Once i was playing with my phone and didnt notice a preg lady was in the train. No one gave up the seat for her. In the end, the old lady beside me wanted to stood up, then i spotted the preg lady. So i told granny to sit down and i should be the one giving my seat instead.

Annabelle Ashley, thats a nice name [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have yet to think of BB's name. Hub wanted a rare name, so i wonder what will he come up with.

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to intrude but Congrats & Welcome to the parenthood journey. I am an Oct 2010 mummy and have purchased some stuffs which I did not get to use it eventually. I would like to see if anyone of you are keen and willing to sell at an attractive price. All items are brand new.

1) Tollyjoy cotton wool

2) Guardian Underpads 10pcs Size : 17" x 24"

3) Anakku baby napkins 10pcs

4) Tollyjoy rubbermat

5) Pigeon disposable breastpad (60pcs + 12FREEpcs)

6) Medela PureLan 100 nipple cream

Self-collection at either Clementi or Queenstown.

Interested parties, kindly pm me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

alteriel, i like yr gynae. can give u DVD. mine, only give me a 101 super blur pic + a huge bill size! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

clare, my #1 lagi jialat. always turn to her butt during scan. i think my babies are camera shy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

chinling, haha... u berry cute. i only order a romper just now cos the design is cute, unisex + on sale~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, mummies. anyone planning / getting playtex bottle? seem like quite good leh. although is #2, but i'm newbie to bottles. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

E'leen,

I ve pm u previously too. But have yet to hear from u. Can I have the list too?

Ladies,

I guess we r all thinking along the same track that it's twins that y double the pressure. I don't pee frequently in the day. Only at night.

So many of u have such nice scans already. Can't wait for my detailed one at 19th week. Hopefully babies will cooperate. The other day doc couldn't even measure the length of 1 twin cos of the weird position. He was pressing down really hard trying to get a good view. Have a feeling it'll take a while before I know the gender for both of them.

seems like E'leen is busy. I have recieved her email 2 days ago. If you ladies need it, you can PM me and i forward to you.

Yah Altariel, I also like your Gynae very much. This is the first time i heard gynae gives our DVD. So is it very expensive? Too bad, cant change gynae now... and I think I am just like Chil, SUPER Blur scan + SUPER big bill...

hey 2ww, maybe we hving same gynae? mine at glen E. Yrs? Alteriel gynae, i heard abt yr gynae as he also same gynae as couple of my frenz, he love give DVD for patients. Damn high tech that gynae's machine, and all is pay by cash!

quien> have pm'd u. thanks for the help!

chil, 2ww> super clear scans and dvd comes at a price leh.. my cheapest scan so far is already $150 wor.. plus consultation etc each visit comes up to at least $250.. very xiong!

and yes all pay only by cash.. haha so every time go visit muz visit atm downstairs and draw big wad of cash first haha

haha, alteriel. my bill size also abt same lar, but we can pay credit card iso cash /cheque. but you are in good hand, trust me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chil> yeah i can feel that he is very good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha that's why sticking wif him even though we feel that it's expensive..

Xinyue,if the weather is nice..should go pick strawberries..but it's a hour rude from Taipei..if u feel well during apr,can go..

Create joy, I think my bb has a attitude prob.he is scared of my dh..coz this is the only gyne visit that my dh never come with me.and this is the only time he is facing down..

Hope u get to load pictures of ur boy..lol

Qiuen,try to stick ur tummy out more?yesterday was the 1 st

time I took the train out..a lady gave up her seat to me..so touching..coz..I gain 8 kg liao..my tummy like 6 mths bah..hehe..

Syrah,will be looking forward to see ur scan!twins...wah...

Chin ling,ur bb so lucky!1st Christmas present...awwww....sweet..

My hubby n I still pinning hopes lah..coz my feelings that it is a girl is so great n my tummy is round leh although gyne say 2x boy liao,we want to wait for 20 th week detail scan..so we will not buy anything. So far a lot of 2nd hand stuff coming in already like car seat,carrier,shoes,clothes..happy!the more the merrier so can spend less $..

Altariel,ur gyne sooo high tech!! It is so convenient for u.

Chil,must coax ur 2# one to love the camera..so u get good shots,tell bb like that wouldn't waste mummy's money..n must smile..lol

Experienced mummies,can I ask about the cloth diapers?is it really cheaper than using the disposable ones?because I see the diaper liners are quite ex..how many does a bb use a day?

Thank you..

Hi mummies to be,

Sorry to intrude. I have a moms in mind ring sling in bright yellow to let go. I rarely use it hence it looks new. Selling it away for $20, pick up at Punggol.

Please sms me (97967239) if you are interested.

Clare, thanks for the encouragement... I think I am getting impAtient with myself n y I'm not getting better...

Newborn use about 8 diapers a day... U can calculate based this quantity... But chances r they will soil the cloth diaper as well..

I did not even think about using cloth diapers and so can't advise on the cost.. But u need to consider the water n time taken to wash and dry the cloth diaper for the turnaround use...

morning all, here's wishing u gals a merry merry xmas and a happy happy new yr!

clare, same wise as ann01jan, i nvr tot abt using cloth diapers. Sorry to hurt our Earth, but using disposable diapers will be faster for me - don't forget you need to pump, rest, etc and beside that, i'm taking care of the bb alone when i on ML, so i nvr have a 2nd tot abt getting cloth diapers.

Actually the use of cloth diaper is mainly for comfort and to minimise the nappy rash. as for costing wise, like what ann says, you will need to account for the washing, detergent etc. I plan to use disposable diaper initially as i am really not the domesticated type. however, my MIL(whom i stay with) has offered to help me with washing the cloth diaper (sweet of her as usual)and she had already bought the cloth diapers lol. I guess i will just heed to it since i m not the one doing the washing so i dont see why i should protest about it.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all the mummies here! May all our babies be cute and chubby when they come out next year while the mummies stay slim and pretty =) (at least that's what I m really hoping for, may it be an illusion for me)

Cloth diapers - I used cloth diapers for the 1st month, cos I'm worried that baby will have daddy's sensitive skin. It is not any cheaper than the disposable diapers & you gotta to change frequently. BTW, with cloth diaper, must put diaper liner cos it is to keep baby's bum dry. Use the nappy creams sparingly, I only apply when there is rash. If not, you will be cultivating a sensitive bum!

thanks Chistine. this is the best wishes we all wish for! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nothing more imp than hving a healthy chubby baby! and slim & happy mama~

ann, i wish for your MS gone off soon!

regards cloth diapers, if you plan to use those conventional type. aka no pouch, u need to prepare atleast 2-3 dozens. cos sometime baby poo abit u will need to change, raining, diaper rashes etc.. buy those liner put on top so is easier to clean those sticky watery poo.

Hi mummies,

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year to all of you!!!!!!

Clare,

I share the same thinking as JJ. I oso use only disposable diapers cos too much work for using cloth diaper as they will use alot.

cloth diapers:

bought a few but stopped using coz' i realised they leak quite easily. dunno if it's the way i washed but i remember following instructions, so dunno what happened there.

Hi Mums [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wishing all a Merry Xmas and this yr is special for all of us cause we got our little gift in our tum tum *rub tum tum* LOL

Hmmm... I saw in the department store that they sell a roll of cotton wool... I cannot remember what is it for... Heard like mum to be they will tear up the roll of cotton wool and roll into cotton ball?

Yes christine! Love that christmas greetings of urs! Baby strong and healthy while we remain slim and beautiful!!! ;)

My friend was telling me that it is good to use cloth diapers occasionally for the first month(esp if u have help at home) cause its more comfortable and is good for baby's skin!

If there is no help, forget it! Its more a hassle!

blessed christmas to all mummies!

re: cloth nappy

I dun intend to use except to swaddle baby, cos I saw my niece waking up every hr from cloth nappy, once wet she'll wake up & I find it disturbing to baby's sleep & its not cheap so intend to use pampers all the way to minimise baby's waking

chin ling - I have no intention to buy breat pump yet cos waiting to see if my sis one is still around. if I have a lot of BM then invest in a good one cos one pump is really not cheap

I think i can feel baby movement in my tummy this morning...pretty sure it is not gases as its very diff kind of feeling today.It feel so ticklish from inside as like feathers movements and bubbles popping inside the tummy.so amazing loh!!. Haha...

Best x'mas gift i ever get in my life!!!

Would like to wish all MTB here a very Merry X'mas and wish all of have a very healthy best of health and smooth pregnancy to carry our little precious baby till full term and they are healthy bunch of little babies!! Hehe! Cheers!

chin ling - if my sis dun have then I go buy one, I'm hopping she still have hers now ask her is a bit too early hehehe

chinling, annabelle/annabella was 1 of my choice too!! but hb refuse.. no offence ya. all becos last time the dunno what singapore girl , who break guiness record have sex with dunno hw many man. so crazy of him to compare that! sign man are weird! the name is nice!

now i'm vex.. all my suggestion ganna rejected. my latest choice was cherish & celeste & he say yuck. alamak can't agree with any names.. he want cheryl & i dun qt like it.

clare, in the long run, nappy cloth is def cheaper but initial startup not so cheap, alot job. but less likely to nappy rash unless u wait till very wet then change. but to be honest, unless u have a maid to wash & diligent to wash clean & change oftn i think it's a hassle. my boy use disposable from birth. so fast so good. only wn he diahorrea he get rash & i'll apply desitin it heal fast. i use cheap diaper all the while, pet pet fitti, sometime huggies wn on offer. but i do heard of frd who can only use mamypoko & pampers... i dunno if it's bb born smart haha to know parents can afford it haha

winnie, ya can always go & buy, worse to worse after birth call mumsfairy they send to your house. but i think it's qt a necessity unless u really very good supply. n it's also a tool that can help inc your milk flow. aft feed, pump mk breast think bb very hungry work very hard to mk more & more.. that's how to inc supply..

victoria, yes cotton ball sterilise type is use to clean eyes initial wks and normal type can wipe backside suppose to be cheaper. you can even buy 1 whole roll type and roll the size you want even cheaper, i rem the roll type anakku works better than tollyjoy

Btw Merry xmas! off in lieu ganna makan, no xmas lunch no game so sian.. luckily GM say can go off at 3pm.. better than nothing. my ex company will stop wk by 12 have lucky draw, exchange present, games & lunch! sigh.. cannot compare..

createjoy, my girl is one of those! she only use mamypoko & pampers, now only pampers... give her huggies ultra she also rash! but her rash is not on her bum, just her tummy area...

Hi Mummies, Merry Christmas to all ! Have a wonderful weekend this week ya !

actually use of water to wash cloth diaper also not that environment friendly... btw, what i dislike about the cloth diaper is the staining from poo and not able to remove it cos cannot use bleach... the best is to use Napisan Varnish... probably cannot remove 60% of the stain...

Hey

iam so happy.. i got my first baby present in exchange presents lucky draw - Soft toys... its so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Winnie, no offense for my reply everyone will ve milk is juz whether u work hard enough for it or not. Yes I do agree electric dual pump not ex but if u bf for long u will save even more fr the fm. 0-6mth fm super ex

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I have some items for sale:

1) BNIB AVENT Feeding bottle anti colic 125ml BPA-free type - $10 (retailing at $15)

> 3 pcs available

2) BNIB AVENT Airflex Teat for 3m+ set 2pcs/set - $4.50 (retailing at $6.60)

> 3 sets available

3) BNIB Pigeon Peristaltic M sized teat 2pcs/set - $3.50 (retailing at $5.50)

> 6 sets available

4) BNIB Pigeon Peristaltic Y sized teat 2pcs/set - $3.50 (retailing at $5.50)

> 3 sets available

5) BNIB Pigeon Breastmilk Storage Bottles 3pcs/set PP bottles - $10.50 (retailing at $15.50)

> 6 sets available

6) BNIB Pigeon Laundry Detergent 1 kg - $6

> 3 boxes available

7) BNIB Pigeon Bottle Nipple&Vegetable Liquid Cleanser formulated with edible ingredients 700ml - $8.50 (retailing at $12+)

> 6 packs available

All items are brand new and unopened bought this year only.. If you buy more, price can be negotiable.

Pickup location: Tiong Bahru MRT or Jurong East MRT (weekdays only)

Merry Christmas!

Back