(2011/06) June 2011

Hi Krex78,

Welcome! I expect my darlings will be early too n possibly be end May as I'm having twins. Kinda impossible to reach full term [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rosyth,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Keep on trying!

Hanis,

My MS is usually evening too. Also after meals but not all the time. For the drink I only use red dates & dried longans. If u find that it's heaty, cut down on the longans. This drink is to help keep the womb warm.

Thanks mummies,I go check the ingredients.

Christy,try to avoid kang kong..they are very cooling.I get leg cramps immediately when I had they,totally forgot what my mum warned me.

I try to take more crunchy veg like broccoli.

Rosyth,take care n rest well.

Hanis n syrah,same here.my ms comes in the evening...

Hi all,I am new in this thread. Coming into my 9 weeks and I am with dr Yvonne chan in TMC.

rosyth, sorry to hear that, do take care and have good rest...

i also like longan n red date... maybe tmr go n get and make some to bring to work...

tmr i am announcing to my colleagues abt my pregnancy...

hi mummies..just back frm my honeymoon trip..so far so gd ah..

went for DS test yesterday also..baby looking gd..already start to kick..

then ah..my another foreigner colleague said hw come her 6wks tummy looks bigger then my 12wks..faint..this thing also wana compare..

welcome Amy!

Qiuen,enjoy ur visit!hope bb wakes up n wave to u!!

Ting,haha..I think everyone has different body type bah..my tummy is also very big that my neighbour was shocked and asked how many months I was into!hahahaha~~

morning/ noon? everyone! will try to login once per day.. really busy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi rosyth, sorry to hear your lost. take it easy, do mini confinement and hope you will have good news soon!

regards red dates. please remember to remove the seed before boiling them, cos the seed is "heaty"

tmr nite my turn for scanning, happy happy.. hopefully i can c bb wave / swimming ard? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mommies

Good day!

Can i check if we are able to take bananas during pregnancy? Understand that green bananas are no good but not sure about the normal yellow ones...

Thanks for the advice! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi AP. my understanding so long is not Delmonte then is fine. they say that is cooling.. i eating the Dole [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies, hope everyone enjoyed lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

quien> glad to hear ur bb is doing well! i dun hav ms and i've lost 1 kg too so far..

AP> from what everyone has been telling me, dun tell the big long type of banana.. if u want to take banana, take the small short fat tiny type.. haha hope u know what im talking abt

rosyth> sorry to hear abt ur loss. do take care!

clare> u muz be really skinny.. u gained 5kg from pregnancy and still only weigh 49kg! i dun even remember the last time my weighing scale figure stopped anywhere in the 4X range haha

christy> i dun take veg too! i've always said that veggies are for rabbits not humans haha.. so ironic that im having a bunny baby now. i read somewhere that we should be having 5 servings of fruits and veggies everyday now and increase to 7 servings during 2nd trimester.. i have absolutely no idea where am i going to find so much veg to eat. ugh

doc called me yesterday to give me results of oscar blood test. everything is normal so will stick to the same med appt date in 4 wks times

my tummy isnt really growing! im in week 12 now so i've started telling pple abt the preg and they were all pretty surprised cos im not showing at all

hi qiuen, i will like to include my info.

Nick: Amanda

EDD: 12 Jun

Gynae: TBC

Hospital: TMC

bb: #1

Wish: healthy baby

i had went for my 1st trimester scan yesterday at KKH. baby is doing fine. moving it hands & legs actively while doing the scan. currently at 11weeks 44mm. my hubby get to see his baby for the first time while in the room with me. the doctor is kind enough to let us have a copy of the baby enlarge.

Had also did my blood test & down syndrome. results will be ready on 03 Dec after my scan. drawn a total of 6 tubes of blood for all the test, ARGH!! the nurse was also very surprise that i got to "donate" so much blood. lucky i had taken my iron tablet before tat. otherwise i sure faint. but throughout the day i feel very giddy & sleepy.

after all these, me & my hubby decided to go to TPS @ KKH to check out. nice environment but the nurses are abit rude, i feel. i jus asked some simple questions like how the charges and if they can recommend any doctors?? the senior nurse came to speak to me and talked to me as if I am too poor to be able to step into TPS (is it becos i am seeing doctor from Clinic C). Only keep saying that the nurse over the Clinic C should have informed abt the rates & night / Saturdays clinic will be more expensive and blah blah... she only start smiling at me when i leave the TPS. her face was black when talking to me and i cant stand her tone. the moment i stepped out, i tell my hubby i have 2nd thought abt having baby in KKH.

ann> there are good days and bad days for me la.. some days i'll be super hungry and want to eat everything but can only eat a bit then full already.. then 2 hours later i'll be super hungry again.. hubby will grumble that i cant eat finish one meal but 2 hrs later pester him to get food for me liao.. but there are also some days when i totally no appetite to eat and juz want to go sleep.. hungry but no appetite is the worst!

amanda> 6 tubes is so much! i only drew one tube for my oscar testing last fri wor! i remember moon said she drew 3 tubes so i was expecting mine to be 3 also.. end up nurse only took one so i was super surprised.. hubby was like "huh? done liao ar? only one?"

and i think moon said her oscar testing was about $320 at TMC right? cant remember who said but i think i read that at some point. anyway i did mine at NUH and it was slightly cheaper at $235.. or maybe it was because i only drew one tube of blood? i would totally freak if i had to draw 6 tubes!

ann> i too understand how u feel, i also dun have MS. sometime i jus feel no mood to eat as if something is bothering but in fact nothing is bothering me at all. most of the food now i eat, i cant really taste. to me, it is jus some food. sometime i craved for certain food so much, then when i eat a mouth or 2, i will tell my hubby, i dun wan liao. recently my craving is Chicken Rice & wanton mee, i had been eating them almost at least once a week. i think i m gaining alot of fats in me now...

qiuen> thanks for the help. 1 tube of blood for different test. KKH had this blood test package, it is standard for all pregnant mummies. this blood test package is doing for full blood count, HIV & forget wat r the other 2 items that is to be tested for. so 4 items here. 1 tube for urine acid test cos i complain to the doctor that my bones will hurt a little especially after consumming soya products which recently i m very much into. the last one is the down syndrome test. 6 tubes in totals...

altariel> ya 6 tubes! may i ask abt this Oscar test, what does it test for exactly? i have not see this term before. my test for down syndrome is under subsidzed cat so i m paying abt $150.00. this amt i m paying, i can get the results faster and no need to return to KKH few more times to complete this whole test. at least once this test is done, i no need to do them in TMC.

Hi Mummies,

Apologize that i disturb your thread, I am a mother of two and just started my small business to sell confinement wine.

My mum is making traditional Hakka red rice wine n grape wine, small quantity readily available or made to order that guarantee freshness.

I used my mum's wine for my 2 confinements, the wine is sweet with the natural rice or grape smell. No artificial coloring, flavoring or sugar added, all made from 100% glutinous rice or raisin. The rice wine mix with grape wine to cook Ginger chicken is very delicious. 750ml per bottle selling at $12 for rice wine & $18 per bottle for grape, recipe is giving away together with wine purchase.

Rice wine is a must for confinement but delicious confinement food is also important during confinement for your appetizing. No more boring food!

Please pm if anyone of you are interested, 1 bottle tryout is welcome too!

KK AMK asked me to do blood test for HIV etc and an optional DS test at KKH

so yesterday went dwn..kena psycho to counsel to do DS test..if nt blood test nia..

then hubby said since we are here then do the DS scanning..$321..can see 70% results ok..got nose bone and thin neck skin..

then 2day called said my blood confirmed 100% no DS..then i was like huh..i tot my blood test is for HIV..low blood cells etc or wat as mention earlier..then nurse said she nt sure..no news from them means gd news...faint...

qiuen - can include my details?

Nick: winniepooh

Name: Audrey

EDD: 24 Jun

Gynae: Dr Paul Tseng

Hospital: Mt A

bb: #1

Wish: both also ok

amanda> oh you are doing the standard test package at the same time that's why took so much blood.. i previously already did all the HIV/blood count stuff at 7 weeks and that time was 4 tubes of blood cos i had to do an extra test for toxoplasmosis, which is something u might get if u have dogs or cats at home.. in singapore not so common to contract this, but my doc felt that its better to be safe than sorry so i went for that test too.. if i count that in, it's 5 tubes of blood so far in total.. haha still 'lose' to u

oscar(One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk) is also to test for down syndrome. it consists of a Nuchal Translucency(NT) scan, a Nasal Bone Scan and blood test. It's done in the first trimester and is non-invasive, unlike the CVS testng that Keng Keng is going for. they just scan for nasal bone and the thickness of skin at the neck area, plus the blood test. apparently if bb is at risk of anomalies, the skin at the neck is thicker and the nasal bone might be missing. Usually, if there are problems or anomalies found during this initial testing then doc will recommend that you go for further invasive testing like CVS to confirm

u can take a look at this website for more info

http://www.diagnosticultrasound.org.uk/oscar_one_stop.htm

keng keng> have u done any non-invasive scans like OSCAR first? Or are u going straight for CVS? As i understand, there is a slight chance of complications as it is an invasive procedure right..

Eliomummy, great that your mini confinement is over, gotta start mine very soon. Do u feel body fully regained stamina already, after about a week? I still get tired easily, guess I have to eat tonic stuff to "bu".

rosyth, take care. Wish u a speedy recovery.

All mommies, I share your joy in "seeing" babies develop and grow. It's the most exciting stage!

ting> the itchiness is normal cos ur tummy is expanding and ur skin is stretching! i dun have it yet cos tummy isnt growing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

and yes im stalking the thread cos im so freaking bored at work.. almost 530pm can go home soon! woot!

Hi Altariel..my tummy is nt growing tat obvious also..tat's why kena shoot by colleague..her 6wks bigger then my 12 wks..hahah..then my another colleague said u cant see anything 6wks yet eh..still a beanie..must be she fat..hahaha

ting, your that colleague siao, every preg woman is diff mah, haha! i tot my tummy will show but it's not very obvious and to think i'm expecting #3 now, and so far no one in the office know i'm preg, keke! When i'm expecting #2, my 3mths tummy looks like 5mths!

oh ya ting, tell ur colleague, she should go and watch SCV channel 425 "I didn't know I was pregnant" show. In that show, there were some women who din even know they were preg! They don have ms or preg sign, and some of their tummies din show obviously at all.

Hi JJ mum...ya i knw..some ppl just like to compare here..no worries..hehe

oh ya i heard frm my mum and another friend..prior to giving birth 1wk..must drink coconut..so tat bb will be clean when come out..any mummies did tat?

Ting, ya, just don't bother abt others, as long we know our bbs growing well inside, that's all it matters.

I do drink coconut before my delivery, i think i took it 2-3 wks before that.

Ting > Someone told me to drink young coconut juice to minimise blood loss during childbirth. not sure if it's true.

Altariel > Yup my OSCAR test done at my gynae's clinic cost abt $320.

Not sure if I shd go for diagnostic testing, like amniocentesis now. Oscar testing isn't very accurate afterall. Hb said skip it, coz there's a risk of m/c. Have to rest in bed for a few days too after CVS. I think of the needle possibly going into the vagina gives me the creeps. OUCH~

I wonder if the fetal assessment during the second trimester scans for such defects too?

Moon, the detailed scan at 2nd tri is for bb development check. Wun be DS check...

I'm such a foodie before pregnancy n during breastfeeding.. I feel this preg is more suffering cos I really dun enjoy food at all... Sob sob...

I also get depressed becos I can't have proper meals... And really dunno what to eat.... And still got so many months to go.... V negative thots sigh...

Then my mil is so nice, just now call me to ask me anything I feel like eating for dinner and gave a few suggestions so I just pick a few n thank her... Now I'm psyching myself up to eat the food later so I dun disappoint her... But I am not looking forward to eat at all...

Sorry gals dun mind I share my frustrations here...

Went for a unplanned ultrasound scan ytd as I suddenly has bright red spotting. Gynae highlighted that the sac is empty hence is 95% sure that I have a bad pregnancy. He said wait for another week and if still no sign of fetus then have to wash out.

This is my first pregnancy and I am very depressed! Read some positive entries in other countries forums and some only have sign of fetus after week 9 or even 10.

Any one had similar experience on spotting to share?

Hi piscean

Must take care ok

Hmmm after the op .. I feel tat I eat alot during my mini confinement . hmmm maybe u try to relax n dun think too much

Rest more n watch some comedy movies to relax ur mind

Dun try to carry heavy stuff or do house work

After the bleeding stop

Then u take some tonic to Bu

Tomolo I m going back to work

Oso will bring red date longan drink to work

Hi ting

Jus ignore the colleague said [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For my first preg , When I m abt 8mths

My tummy look like 4-5 mths

So small n no one give up their seat to mi when I took the train

As long ur bb is doing well n healthy can Liao

Ting n moon,my mum says we are of the more 'heaty' stage during last tri so it's good to drink coconut juice.

Qiuen,glad to hear ur visit was fine.

Ann, cheer up.this is what the forum is for.we mtb are here for each other.I also have a nice mil who comes n stay with me once n awhile.she cooks all the stuff I named but sometimes I really don't have the appetite,I will try a few bites lor. My mil never have any preg signs-no ms no cramps..nothing.so it's difficult for her understand the situation I m in sometimes.

Serene,my bright red spotting started in week 6-7.had an mc early this yr,as most of the mths know Liao.that's why I was worried.my gyne says once there is a sign of spotting is a

sign of threatened miscarriage,the preg is not stable.so I was put on jabs n medication.by mid week7, gyne was able to detect hb,so it was kinda of relief but I was still considered unstable as my spotting was still bright red kind.

My bright red spotting stopped last week only,my hub n I were used to it aldy.I didn't rush to go see the gyne anymore or take med Liao.coz whatever will be will be lor.

Which week are u at?go look for a 2nd opinion.

Yup yup

Can say due to ur size , how big is ur waterbag

Dun see I m small size

During my preg I eat alot

After my dinner I still hungry wor

But my tummy still small small but bb Is doing well

Ting : dun worry ok

morning all! i don feel too well today, having headache for 2 days and body aching now, in office now but just told my boss i'm taking half day this noon, cannot tahan anymore, i need my bed!

clare, thanks for your kind words... i just feel like how come i can't even eat properly this time round ? i also had bloatedness in my first pregnancy but appetite wise, was not so bad as this round. Last evening, i just drank the soup, half a bowl of rice and later 2 slices of peanut butter bread.. never touch the fish n the chicken...

JJ, take care, sounds like flu symptons.. quickly go back to rest... we tend to feel tired more easily...

Eliomummy, i remember some time ago i saw one t-shirt with the words 'I'm pregnant'... so funny right ... but maybe useful to wear when we are pregnant lor... ha ha ha...

morning mummies ......

JJ u take care .. rest well

ann01jan: haha yeap yeap tat is a good idea

some ppl dont know how to AUTO GEAR ONE !

Back