(2011/05) May 2011

Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD: No need to buy so early. Maybe around 2yr old. I bought mine from Amazon.

"I can Read":I bought the Flash card only. My #1 can't even sit still for me to flash! but my gf's boy (6mths younger) can sit still type and he enjoyed both the flashcard and CD. So its up to each child.

Mickeyboy,

Yeah lor... Just to try and see if it works... By size I meant size in newsfeed, not actual size.

Little Fly,

Try deleting the latest photo from the album and then uploading just that? It could also be possible that the just born photo was uploaded but not published earlier and just got published that's why showing as the biggest on the newsfeed.

Mickeyboy,

if possible better you freeze the EBM before you check in. The dry ice can help to make the frozen EBM in solid rock state. My frozen EBM still in frozen condition even pass 24 hours when i brought to shanghai.

Other methode is you bring your EBM inside the cabin, but can't exceed 300 ml. Later on you ask the stewardess to help to keep in their freezer compartment.

If you put the cooler bag inside the luggage, just informed the check in counter that inside have frozen EBM with dry ice. Later they'll put your luggage separate with other luggage inside the plane.

bunnymum, can't give bb raw apples now, they can;t digest and the scraping is not fine enuffneed to blend it.

steaming won't cost it too loose too much nutrients (Unlike boiling). Steaming can actually retain more nutrients. Better to give steam now. dun give any more raw apples.

put the apples in a bowl and collect the apples juices that flows out and blend together, so nutrients are not lost.

novi, just 5 mins? i steam my apples for 20mins.. till soft!..hehe

Jenny, dun use to much BM, consistency should be ok.

Hello Mummies! Now then got time to post here XD Two more days to go!! and my boss will be on leave for a week from this Friday! yeah!!

Deon: yea, we are friends in fb already ah =)

hmm... i didnt know yellow color cannot let bb eat, if u concern then let e adults eat lo, good to eat more fruits =)good for u since u not feel well.. How are you feeling now? better already? take care ah!

touching bb: i also dun really ppl touching my bb, some of e sale person will hold his hand and touch his cheek, haix... then i will wash or wipe his hand and face when i reach home, hmm... maybe shld bring some 'hand and mouth wipe' when go out hor? mummies, u all do that?

vicki & Viman: thanks for e compliment, i agree my hb quite good looking la, but super boring =.= totally not romantic and not caring at all... haix... as for me, like i told bunnymum, photo can be deceiving, hahaha... now i having v bad acne outbreak, red bean face!! T-T Starfruit saw me b4, she knows, lol...

Novi: oh, u in shanghai ah? ya, u r right, Qi Pu Lu! and i agree with u, quite boring there, cant imagine if i stay there for >4 days :p and tat time i eat 'xiao long bao' until sian... lol...

leapfrog dvd can download? where where? @.@

but i heard a fb mummy said, it is for 12mos wor.. can give now?

Pumpkin: butternut pumpkin is same as butternut squash =)

Pneummoccocal: i think my bb already took two! how come? bcos tat day i asked doctor whether i shld seperate the 6 in 1 and e Pneummoccocal, then she said bb last time already took these jabs together, y seperate this time? so i let bb took both togather. so now only 1 left right? she told us to go bk after his first birthday..

really v confusing leh... =S

lil fly: maybe u can try make him feel that he must be a good example for his di di? like saying, if u learn properly, next time u can teach di di or sth? i just suggest, not much experience in kids :p

haha... glad that he likes e mimosa plant, ur boy so cute =)just love them being so innocent @.@

Mickyboy: i tot freezed BM can keep longer? chilled one can only keep 4-6 days right? dun think bb can finish all e milk within 1-2 days after u r bk ya? and i think e dry ice is to keep e BM under freezing temperature.

I just had a war with baby. Fed him with mashed potato and he kept on playing and buuuu a lot of potato on me! I use his bowl to shield me when he is going to bu. I rem some mummies said that their babies does this. Is there anyway to stop or do we have to live with this?

starfruit: I not enough bm to use for cereal. So totally use fm, just got enfapro sample to use for making cereal.

mimosa: My husband not good looking and not romantic. So u got a good looking husband is a plus point already. LOL.

BB sitter told me bb is coming dwn w flu [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Seemed like the FLU is back so mummies, please take care of yourself and babies.

AMK Hub gathering, Postponed to Xmas week. I think most FTWMs are clearing leave, can we do either 22 Dec (Thur) or 28 Dec (Wed)?

Jenny & lil fly: LOL.. on e hubby part... good looking also no use la, cannot eat, and no time to see him also, all our time dedicated to bb already, haha... somemore now also look like fat panda! cos gain alot of weight after wedding and super lack of slp :p

Cereal: yday my mil tried to give him brown rice cereal again, but he reject and cried... Today i ask my mil to start e barley cereal that we just bought, and he took it! so happy! hehe... but she said she only gave a little bit, cos scare got hives again, seems like bb is not e only one got phobia, lol...

Mimosa: I very scare baby look like my husband last time, coz my husband got small eyes, big nostrils and thick lips. Luckily baby's features all dun look like him.

I also going to give brown rice cereal, tmr going NTUC to buy the organic one. Kinda scare after reading ur incident.

deon, our super bunnys.. heavy weight.. hehe and super cute. yeah ppl like to touch her when we go out cos she super chubby and cute.. haha

Mimosa, no lah, where got red bean face, u are very pretty, pretty and slim mummy. baby A also handsome!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yeah i dun like ppl touching my baby too.. esp no no to face, if they want to touch face, i will say no. if they touch her hands, i will clean with the NUK cleaning wipes cos she likes to suck on her hands, scared the other party's hands are dirty. i sound a bit paranoid right!.. hehehe

yes butternut pumpkin and butternut squash is the same thing.

jenny, if use FM, the consistency should be better right? my likes to bu bu too, spit the cereal all over herself and on me! quite funny to watch lah but messy!

Little Fly: you speechless abt your hubby part? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starfruit: Supposingly shld be better but dunno y after a couple of min the cereal will turn extremely watery. Haha. I think its funny too. Just now when I shield myself with his bowl he lift his head up and bu highly and try to aim my face.

Cereal: Btw mummies, when u make cereal do u add the cereal in the bowl first then add the milk? I add milk first then cereal. Not sure if that will make any difference?

jenny, i do the other way round, i scoop out cereal into the bowl and then add the milk little by little to the cereal and mix as i go till i get the right consistency. If its too lumpy, i will just add more milk/liquid. u wanna try this way?

starfruit: Yah yah, I'll try it later. Coz I suddenly rem when I make myself cereal I add the cereal in then add milk and water. Update u later if it works. =D

Starfruit: ya! ur bb and deon's gal super chubby!! super cute!!

my boy weight gain slow down alot, haix.. drop from 90%tile to 75%tile, height also only 50%tile, so heartpain... my mum sees him once a week, she also said bb stop growing like tat.. haix.. feel i so lousy, dun know how to take good care of bb, he used to gain weight fast de... =(

u not paranoid lah! i also dun like ppl touching lo, cos bb like to suck his hand... i must remem to bring wipes out next time too!

my baby will buu his saliver XD but havent buu cereal on me b4, he likes to snatch e spoon and e bowl when we feed him, sometimes e cereal inside get splash out when he grab or hit on it, it will fly everywhere, and his hand will be full of cereal, then he go rub his face, really messy!! lol...

Jenny,I tink is norm after a while d cereal will turn watery towards d end leh.even I mix organix with nestle also same.Bellamy also.Cos there's once I wanted to feed my gal but she refuse so I left it to stand for a while n it turn watery haha

2ww,leapfrog I wan buy for my #1. My gal now I nvr let her watch yet cos scare she hyperactive like kor kor. But I do let them watch brainy baby n baby Einstein..they r of same range to b frank but I prefer brainy baby more cos no blank interval.

Bunnymum,I ever saw once at kiddy palace marina sq but when I wan to buy no more le.can't find at jp or tpy either.

cereal: I tried adding cereal first than milk but got worse results! Very hard to mix and got many lumps. After a while also turn watery. I must have got something wrong somewhere.

vicki: My friend and one of the mummies here told me their cereal got even thicker at the end leh. What brand of fm u use to mix the cereal?

.Jenny, I used Nan pro to mix the cereal for my #1 last time. Still have not start on my #2, hoping to get her to take pneumococcal jab this Fri. So dare not start any thing new to her yet.

Even later my #1 changed to enfa also ok leh., can mix those thick thick type. Or is it that this time round really that bad. Bought one can but not open yet.

novi, i have sent u pm, need to ask u sth. i think that will be faster, hope u dun mind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit,

normally for apple, i just steamed it for 5 mins..the apple is quite soft already.

Mimosa,

yes, i am shanghai now. It's been 2 weeks here..and the temperature start to drop..dunno this december will be snowing or not like last year.

Which area you eat xiau long bao here? I like xiao long bao from wuxi.

The leapfrog dvd, last time my hb download from free chinese website but forget the name of the website already.

My bb officially hates banana now! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] She did buuuuuu every time I even got the spoon close to her. Hubby thinks she's telling us in Chinese - bu yao! Hehe! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Viman - my boy also dislikes bananas. He vommitted his entire milk feed. When I tried again the next day, he had the gag look again....so I stopped trying. Heheh, tot I m the only one with the prob since most mummies said that their bb like bananas.

Mickeyboy- I went Vietnam (3hrs flight) with 300ml-400ml of EBm in a fridge-to-go (did not check-in nor ask stewardess to put in fridge for me). Did not freeze in advance. Was ok. I just stick the bottles in the fridge once I checked-in the hotel. Same thing when I came back to SG cos bb will finish that batch of milk within the same day in 1-2 feeds

mummies, when u try banana, which type of banana is it? not the long delmonte type rite, i heard that's cold for bb?

pixie, bcoz i m not bringing bb, so its not just abt 300-400ml, i think it will be like 10+ milk bags in total. but the thing is i'm afraid i cant find dry ice in Bali... i only have gel packs w me, which i dun think its enough to freeze the bm.

during the 3hrs flight, u pump on the plane? or that was expressed prior to the flight de?

Good morning ladies!!! 1 day to Friday!! Actually i consider today as Friday, bcos tmr boss on leave!!! yeah! lol...

Novi: you staying there for xmas? then u might have a white xmas hor? hehe...

I ate xiao long bao everywhere i went leh, like 'cheng huang miao', or near my hotel etc.. haha... where is wuxi? their xiao long bao nice? i remember cheng huang miao's 'sheng jian bao' not bad ya? =)

leapfrog dvd: oh... maybe i go search see any website can download =P Jenny, i remem u download b4 right? which website u go huh?

Viman & pixie: my bb loves banana! but he will also vomit it out after awhile! i tried to mix with more BM then feed him, but still will vomit some out after awhile! how come? is it bcos banana diff to digest? but shld not be leh...

Morning mummies! Yeah, its Thursday and that is one more day to Fri!

Yesterday i tried making pear puree for my bb. im using the avent steamer/Blender. After i steam the pear for 5 mins, i pour our the juice which is abt 40ml! I mixed it with abt 30ml of water and give it to my BB and she finished the water just like she is taking milk. Think she really like the pear juice.

after the pear cool down, i feed her. initially she gave me a vomit face look but after a feed teaspoon, she actually lean forward to the spoon. Think she really likes it!

I think i will continue to give pear as her supper and hope her poo will soften and not as hard as rock..

I haven tried giving bb banana yet. Its not those del monte banana. its those smaller one. dunno what is it called.

I have the Baby Einstein DVD but haven tried letting her watch. Maybe i should start on the dvd first. I mean i also haven watch it before. wonder what is it abt. coz its a pass down by my sil.

Mimosa / Novi: i rem shanghai has this "Xiao Yang Sheng Jian Bao" very nice and always have long queue. And there is this "Xie fen xiao long bao" also very nice.

I went there and have "Dai Zha Xie".. dun really know how to appreciate.. haha.. wasted.

Its a bad day for me. Baby mei you ren xing. Woke up 3 times at 3am+. First two timse managed to get him back to slp. Third time he wans to play and dun wan to slp. I got my husband to settle him. Then 7.15 woke up again I fed him milk and he went back to slp. Then 10.30am woke up and play and buuuuuuu and dun wan to slp. Dunno whether he's slping now, I just play him the musical toy and walked out to eat my breakfast and use computer.

Mickey: My water is 80 degree celsius. Can check with u u added milk to the water then mix with cereal? Or do separately?

shanghai: ya i oso had my 'xiao long bao' at the 'cheng huang miao'. and that time was winter, weather very cold, so i find the xiao long bao extremely nice! i'm not sure issit bcoz its really that nice? or whatever hot food that u take at that kinda weather, will be very nice too?

actually my hb's ex coll keeps inviting us to go SH for the white xmas! but finally, we decided to just go for a near distance trip instead of SH. coz, long trip, needs more arrangement for both kids ar. if i go, i hope i can "shun bian" go to su zhou & hang zhou. i heard the sceneries there are very good! so novi, maybe u can plan to go there too?

banana, somehow i can only find raw banana, or say must wait a few days then only can eat one. maybe next time i shd buy one on wed/thurs, so that i can prepare on sat. i salute mummies who can still make puree after work! i'm a lazy mum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jenny, actually i just add water to the cereal. coz bbsitter tried both w bm/fm, and bb doesnt like. in the end, no choice, just give water+cereal. so usually i'll put water (w the right temp, hot+cold boiled water), then add in cereal... this is how i do lar...

mickey: my friend also told me she mix with only water and no milk. But I read in a website that says adding milk is more nutritious leh. Cun have the best of both worlds. Haha.

banana: My boy hates banana puree but I persisted and gave him for 3 days. On the third day he's taking it better and finished all. I find giving bananas easier coz no need to cook and my husband and I got eat. Before I eat mine I just take some in my baby's bowl and smash with fork and add bm.

ya by right more nutritious, but he's not taking it well, and always will spit out. i think bbsitter abit impatient w him le. so i've no choice but to say, forget abt it, just add water lor. or maybe its time to try again, coz sometimes they will suddenly like it, who knows rite... haha

ya true banana shd be easier de... add bm? need to warm up the bm first?

i think all working mummies must have left office and gone out for lunch le, except me still here... argh waiting for my coll to come out fr her mtg, dunno until what time, sianz...

mickey: I just hand express into the bowl, so nv warm up. But if ur bm is in the fridge better to warm up first. Last time I gave my baby cold apple puree he ended up with serious cough for more than a week. I also going out le. Talk to u all later.

luckily im reading forum.. else i think i will just feed my bb banana without adding any water. just scrap directly from the banana and feed it directly.

Yesterday my MIL told me that she feed durian to my BB!!!OMG! dunno wat to say abt her! and she can still laugh it off by saying bb dunno how to eat! My bb already constipation v badly liao, she still give durian! Sometimes i really feel like giving up working and taking care of bb myself. AARGH!!!

Mickey: cool down la... think of your bali trip and you wont be so sian liao...

actually really envy those still BFding mummies. you are really very good. Still have milk supplies. but i still think its not easy. must be really patient abt it. and not forgetting got to restraint from many food too. Mummies zhen wei da!

2ww, wah durian ar! ur mil win liao, how can give durian to a bb who is still so young ar? dun tell me she used to do this to ur hb when he was young? so i believe ur hb loves durian huh? hehe

constipation, cld it be the brand of the formula? some formula might have this prob ar... u may need to chk it out.

argh my bali trip, yes i m looking fwd to it. but once i think abt the transport bm back to sg thingy, i start having headache. i dunno if i can do it successfully, has been bugging novi on this, really appreciate her advice! thks babe novi!

Mimosa,

yes, will stay here till Christmas.

Wuxi is near Shanghai, I think only 40 min-1 hour by car from Shanghai. I forget the stall name there, but the xiao long bao there a bit different from shanghai.

Now in here is hairy crab season ler [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mickeyboy,

i just back from Suzhou last weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Everytime come to shanghai, always go to suzhou leh me. This weekend, I'll go to Hangzhou.

Suzhou got theme park for kids, maybe next time you can bring your kids there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Shanghai has underwater world, the name is Shanghai Aquarium, near Shanghai Pearl Tower. I heard the biggest in Asia. I've been there last week..quite big, got penguin and seal.

Hi mommies, had your lunch? I had the most horrible lunch -- maggi mee! Yuck. Usually I save some veggies from the night before and just make rice and have for lunch. But last night didn't cook because all the drilling was giving me a headache. So hb got me KFC zinger burger, yum! But this also meant no leftovers for lunch today and hence a maggi mee lunch. Next time I'll just order something I think... Cannot tahan maggi already... Hehe!

Mickeyboy,

Salute you for making so many arrangements for transporting e bm. I postponed all travel because of the bm thingy but I may go to M'sia in early Jan. Hope I can latch her mostly and not have to transport bm... My gal only latches in her sleep so if she's hungry and not sleepy, BIG problem! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back