(2011/05) May 2011

Hi ladies, been really a long long time since I last posted =) saw some new names??

Anyway, TGIF =) it makes a difference to sahm like me too! Haha.

Sunflower,

simply love ur last post =) *wink*

Hello mummies! Been a long time since I posted too! Can't wait for the weekends so tht I can hug and smell and kiss my girls as and when I want to! Hehe I miss them so much!

Looks like sunflower's last post is very popular haha.. I agree with her. My hubby uses to work as an auditor and his hours are perpetually very bad, weekends have to work too. And FYI auditors are known to have an effective pay of a macdonald's employee cuz of the super long hrs! But I feel tht as a wife, we must always stand behind and support our husbands. Even though my #1 was difficult to manage, I tried to take care of her as much as I could so tht he can have more rest. Till now with 2 kids, I still let him go overseas for a short weekend getaway and play mj on Fridays cuz I know he needs them and he will appreciate me for tht. Of course I wun be happy with him and his activities all the time but I feel tht if my little sacrifice can make him happy, why not?

Since I have already married my hubby, I just have to stick by him and be a dutiful wife. He is working hard for the family so tht he can give us a lifestyle. At least he's not bumming around and waiting for me to support him, nor does he hit me, so how can I complain?

My #1 is still a difficult baby/toddler. She has tons of energy and can literally sap me of mine. As i have mentioned in FB, she is so bad-tempered tbt my mil labels her as crazy. Of course, I get angry with her temper tantrums everyday. But I prefer to focus on her endearing side cuz tht is all tht matters. All anger will be melted when she starts doing wacky dances to random music, try to sing songs, or just a simple smile.

Parenting is never easy. I had my #1 when I was 24 and I am now only 26. I see my friends enjoying their single lives now and I have to handle 2 kids. Yes it's tough now but they can never understand the immense joy I derive from my kids and how much I love them.

There's lots to feel unhappy abt, but I just feel tht we shld be thankful for our lot.

Sorry for this long-winded post.

Mimosa - Bring your bb to the gathering.. We can help to take care lah.

LittleFly - You staying at Yishun too ?? Sure we do another one in Dec ok ?

Val - Long time never see you in forum. You were sick right ? Feeling better ?

Sunflower -Agree with your post.

My hubby works late too, if he can reach home by 12am ( it is a miracle). But I understand he has to work to earn a living, standard of living in Singapore is getting more expensive.

During the first 3 months, I did not know my girl got acid reflux and I was very stressed out from her constant crying. But mummies in this forum are so supportive and willing to share.

A big "Thank You"to Val, she told me this a baby sould not always be crying, she must be unwell. That sentence woke me up and I immediately brought her around to see 3 PDS before I found out what is wrong with her.

Till now, I still have to wake up for night feeds 1(2am, 3am and 5am) and my girl will wakes up at about 7am daily. But to me I am enjoying it, as I get to spend time with her. After a busy day in office, I reach home and she smiles at me; I know all is worth it. Likewise I loves to see her in the morning before I leave for work. To me, I will take it that she wakes up early to let me hug her before I go off. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yishun Gathering - Shall we meet at around 11am or you ladies prefer to do lunch ? Any place you ladies prefer, I can call to make reservation ?

twinkle: No need other herbs? Just like that will do? Maybe I'll try one of these days.

Tze: According to my mum can only start porridge after 6 mths, cannot start before 6 mths. Dunno how true. But I think before 6 mths better dun start on meat or fish. Can try fruits or veg puree or cereal at 4 mths if ur baby can take it.

vicki: Yah lor, I hope my baby will grow to an age which he will stop crying and can say what he wans, and also can go out with us and walk on his own, and also start eating same food as us.

Sylvia: I tot auditor earns a lot? I'm doing accts and dun wan to work as auditor coz alot of stress and always need to do OT

Mummies,

Help! I gave my bb cerelac half spoon with 30ml Mamil HA milk yest morning. After that supplement with balance milk as per pd's advice. Rest of the day gave 180ml milk with 3.5-4hrs interval. Rashes came out n he vomited.

Tdy I tried Organix cereal one third spoon with 30ml Mamil Ha milk. Baby doesn't seem to like it as much but still drink. Rest of the milk supplements n feed as per yesterday. Rashes came out too n he vomited some red brownish stuff out. Have u all experienced that before?? What is that red brownish stuff?? Blood? Doesn't really look like it but my mum n me v worried. We also gave more water tdy cos worried cereal heaty n rashes break out. Usually we dun give water. Tdy I gave 2 times of 30ml water-morning n noon. I jus told maid to mk 165ml milk only but they all say he dun seem to drink enough n always cry after milk finished. Anybody know what's gg on with my bb?

Vicki: oh icic. hee wad u say to ur #2 sound so cute :D mine likes to play alot n keep laughing out loud. hmmm maybe soon our bbs will develop so fast till we can't catch up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny: u managed to sleep better last night? hope e day is getting better for u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Deon: I'm fine with both 11am or lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] it's 12 nov rite?

Sylvia: I'm a young mother like u too, oso feel e same way. Sometimes looking at my friends with their lives without kids n comparing with mine, I do kind of upset. But looking at my bb grow n spending time with him (I'm a SAHM) ascertains my decision of quitting immediately once ML ends n look after him full time is right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sylvia, exactlyhow i feel now man..wen most of my gfs are still enjoying their single life. Even those married ones dun plan to hav kids yet... so envy them sometimes!

Now we envy them... But few yrs dwn de road, they wil envy us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny, most of de jobs in sg are stressful.. it depends on yr tolerance level? What one feels is manageable, might in turn b stressful to another person. And working OT/ late also v common...

Today I've brought my gal for injection. The doctor advised me to let my gal to take solids after 6 months instead of the usual 4 months. The objective is to reduce allergies occurs on babies.

Jenny: Entry-lvl auditors dun earn a lot one. Only 5-6 yrs into the job tht e pay starts to get better. Seems like a lot of hubbies here work late too, so dun feel the u r the only one k..

Deon: how's ur bb now? Is her reflux better? Did her crying improve after u timed her feeds when u realised she has reflux?

Steph: Hi 5! U did a right thing in joining this forum! I din noe such a gd support grp existed during my #1 days and I struggled so so so much!

Sometimes I feel tht I dun noe wad to talk to my single friends abt cuz my life revolves arnd my girls now.. I miss shopping, having dinner, or simply just gossiping over a cup of coffee together! At least now I know I'm not alone.

Sunflower: I m waiting for the day they envy us for having kids earlier! Hehe.. Actually it is really better to have kids earlier har?

Bunnymum: oh no! Is ur bb better now? I think u shld bring him to Kk or a PD ASAP!

SylviA,

Baby is ok now. When I came bk, he looks v v tired. After playing w him awhile n carrying him, he looks ok n back to normal. No vomit n can smile n play. He still wanted milk n we fed him n nt force him drink all. Now sleeping.

Do u think it's ok or shld still see doc?

Sylvia, well... I guess IMO having kids earlier is better in de long run lor. We sacrifice all de shopping/ movie/ clubbing etc.. so 20yrs dwn de road, we are not tat old old.. i hope by den can go shopping w my gal? Heehee. Actually my hb alr early 30s.. I told him if dun start fam early, he might hav to slog for many more yrs lor.. for kids education etc.

Sylvia,

Tats v nice of u to still let ur hb go for some time off from the family. Hope u will also be able to get some time off for urself too. U deserve it =)

As a young mother, I think u did a v gd job =) Any plans for #3? keke. Ok, joke aside, I think age is just a num. I think character plays a part too. A young mother can be mature and capable of handling things. Perhaps mayb just a little lack of life experience but I think so long as she is determine to make things work, a young mother can make a gd mother too =)

I have my #1 when I was 25. I nv regretted having kids young nor do I envy my friends for enjoying their life while I am stuck hm with the kids. Perhaps coz I was a hardcore chiongster when I was 18-20?? So by the time I met my hb at 20, I retire from the chionging scene =) like u mentioned, 先苦后甜. We have more energy and time to love them. When my #1 reaches 20, I am only 45. By the time he earns his own $$, I can relax n nt slog so hard in my golden yrs =) these are wat I can think of for being a young mother.

Can la, take leave n go for hi tea/shopping. This way u can have a break from ur wk and the kids and still go hm to them when clock strikes knock off time. This is wat I used to do. =)

Deon, 

Yup, was sick n nw better already. 3x fever in a mth. Haiz.

Oops! Didn't know my sentence can have a huge impact =p dun have to thank me coz u were alert urself and u recognize tat something is nt right with your gal =) hope she is better and will always be healthy =)

Sunflower,

Really loves ur posts. Always so well put tog =)

Jenny,

No Pt keep complaining, it doesn't change the price of the pork. Dun always be negative, it doesn't change the price of the pork too, u will only end up being more miserable n take it out on ur boy n hb. If u wan positive changes, do something positive or look fr alt ways to improve current situations. Ppl can only give u advises n suggestions, it's up to u whether u wan to continue to have a negative outlook or etc. Just hope u dun feel ur boy is a burden to u coz u are stuck with him and "can't go or do anything". U choose to have a kid n it's a lifelong committment, till the day u depart this world.

If u are having depression, seek professional help. Only u can help urself when u have an open heart n mind.

twinkle: Thanks will try it out one day. =)

Stephanie: No leh, I bought osim umist but I went to body shop and the person told me their oil is more for burning and suggest I dun use it for humidifier all these. So haven't buy the oil yet. THis morning I tot of using a new technique to let baby slp on his own mattress till 9+ when he cry then I put him on his yao lan. But when I put him on his mattress he tot no need to slp liao and keep playing. In the end when I put him back to yao lan he took very long to slp. In the end even worse.

sunflower/sylvia: Yah most jobs quite stressful in sg. Even sometimes if the job itself not stressful some pple will make u stressful. Very sian one. Yah entry level I think pay not high but chances of promotion is better than being accounts asst.

Good morning mummies! It's a cooling Saturday! Hope u all enjoy the weekend! I'll prob head down to expo later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@bunnymum: I m just thinking whether ur bb has any allergy to the cereal? How long after the cereal feed the the rashes surface? If it's within a short interval of 1-3hrs then prob e cereal is causing allergy.

Bunnymum,fyi,nestle cerelac has traces of gluten/milk in it. So might b d cause of allergy.anyway stop a few days b4 u start on d organix cereal.else u wait til after 6mths then intro cos Mb not ready yet

Jenny, aiyo then you shldnt allow "those pple" to make you stressful leh. You have a choice mah, whether to be affected by them or not. Its v normal.. all workg organizations will have ofc politics, bitchy colleagues, boss favouritism etc etc. If you have done yr job well, there is nthg they can pinpoint. Juz that you might not look fwd to going to work wen the working place is not friendly.

But, There is nthg fair in life right? So.. juz be contented with what is being given to you now. Life is too short. SInce you are sahm (which not everyone can be nor given the chance to), focus on doing yr role and be the best mum you can be.

When you expect less, and appreciate what you have right now, you will feel happier. And when you are happy, this "happy energy" will also be felt ard the ppl living w you i.e. yr hb and son.

Put aside yr unhappiness. Treasure the bonding time you have w yr boy.. it is sth $ cant buy. ;)

Val, i still miss the chiongster days lor.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now, even if wan to go out for supper also quite hard. sobzzz.

Grass is always greener on the other side, moon is always rounder in other places. I guess we just have to learn to cherish what we have. My gfs can relax and have their girls night out now while I am stuck at home. I admit I enjoyed my time in 20s and they didn’t. But now they could and I couldn’t. So it gets balanced out…

Deon: My co usually requires us to clear annual leave on last 2 weeks of Dec so I will have more time then. Now work is mad too. I will tell others I need ‘bio break’ (pee time). LOL

I stay in SK but will travel to AMK to drop off my #1 at his CCC. Yar, will give this one a miss and try the next one. *wink*

Viman: u gu-gi (tickle) your bb to pee ah? Heehee

Jenny: Yar, I found it disgusting too but bobian. Will down it and quickly wash away the smell by gurgling. Cordyceps is 冬虫夏草. Can double boil with chicken meat and drink. Expensive but supposedly effective and good for building up immunity.

My #1 is 4. They will be mommy’s boy until they hit Sec school bah. So enjoy your bb now.

Vicki: haha, me too.

Mimosa: how’s your bb? Hope he’s ok now coz bb has short memories so hope he’ll get over the incident. U stay in SK too ya? Coz The kids clinic is quite well known in this area.

If you know my #1, u won’t be hurt coz that’s so him. Just now, he put both legs on the dining table and only withdrew it when I stared at him. I tell him this ‘put your legs back again so I can smack them’. My hb said we got to be this with him - ‘斗智不斗勇’

Sylvia: You’ll get your time and life back when you kids are a bit older. So, yes, enjoy them now while they still need/want us. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I missed the time when my nephew is lil and will run into my arms to be hugged by me. Now in Sec 2, he will siam when I only try to pat his head. Arrgh!

Bunnymum: I will still let doc examine the bb coz they are still so young. Better to be on safe side…

sunflower: Agree with u life is not fair. Only can say bo bian. I'm now also trying to take look at things on the brighter side. If baby cry I also take it easy liao, just take it as he's in a bad mood. Like us adults they also have moods and tempers.

Little Fly: Yah lor, when our boy in sec sch they dun wan us anymore.

Thks Vicki!

Sylvia,

My mum told me she fed in the morning 9am, abt 12pm got rashes on body le... This was 3rd try

When I started 1st 2 days, the rashes surface in Thr evening slowly too

How do u mk Thr cereal for ur bb? As in hw much milk vs hw much cereal? For both cerelac n organix?

Little Fly - At first my maid don't dare to do it too.. I got her to help my mum when my mum is bathing bb. Then she watch and observe. After awhile, she tries and get the hang of it.

But still, I don't dare to let her bath bb on her own. Weekdays, my mum will watch over her, weekends I will do it.

Even cutting nails, she told me she don't dare to do it. We will show her how to do it, after a few rounds she tried and now she is cutting bb nails on her own.

Sylvia & Val - Thank you.. All our baby will be healthy and happy !... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] A little wish that all mummies want for her little darlings...

Sylvia - Thanks for asking, she is much better. But she is still taking medication to prevent pain and vomit. She is due for another check up next month.. All will be well soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Jenny - Agree with the other mummies.. You must start to enjoy motherhood,all babies cry and fuss and we must try to find out what is wrong or what they need ? Honestly, your baby can sleep through the night is a good thing as you can rest well. For me, your boy wakes up at 9am or 10am is a big bonus to me. My girl woke up at 5 plus this morning to pass motion after that, she did not sleep and waited for her milk at 6am. After feeding her, she do not want to sleep but wanted to play. LOL. After which she is supposed to bath at 8am but she decided that she wanted to go back to sleep. I cannot stopped her so I put her to sleep and bathed her later. I guess we just have to observe our babies and adjust to their needs accordingly.

If you need help, you have to ask for it. I am sure your hubby, your mum or in-laws will help you. Another thing, you have to let people help you too.. I saw your recent post on FB, your baby looks happy in his bouncer.. So he is not crying throughout the whole day mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I am sure he is bringing joy to you too..

Sylvia: hee yalor lucky join forum otherwise I'll be like so lost. Every mummy here is reli v helpful n I learnt so much!

I went expo early this morn too, kinda disappointed cos like not many stalls. Wanted to stock up on diapers but don have drypers. In e end I bought a big Winnie e pooh playmat, Taiwan version of bumbo seat, leap frog alphabet drum for 6mth onwards.

Val: same! I'm 25 when I have #1. true, when he finishes uni at 25, I'm 50 n who knows, maybe I can enjoy life w hb alr :D

Wow u reli mus take care, weather is bad nowadays.

Jenny: oh icic [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hmmm or maybe online got ppl sell lavender oil for dripping? I rmb suntec has a pushcart selling.

Bunnymom: hw's ur bb alr? I feed my bb organix rice cereal n I use e spoon for formula milk to help me gauge amt. I mix 50ml fm with 1 spoon (30ml) of cereal to get watery texture [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Deon: Yah now baby nv cry throughout the whole day liao. Only some time and esp when I walk away. He likes to see me around and want me to talk to him. =)Although taxing but actually quite cute. Actually the prob of sleeping doesn;t lie with him, I think is more of my prob coz I cun get to slp well and I need 10 hours of slp. Quite impossible rite? When u got baby u have to adjust to his timing instead of urself.

Anyway I also very scare my baby pass motion after his nite feed coz after changing his diapers he will open eyes big big and have to spend more time coaxing him to bed, sometimes he doesn't wan to slp anymore. Now only thing I can do is to wait for my husband's off day on sun then I can slp till later.

Yah, seeing him do cute things nv fail to make me smile, when he's happy, I'm happy too.

Stephanie: Oh I think I saw the suntec stall before too. But I've nv went there anymore after I delivered. I think I'll buy from gmarket.

Deon ur baby bath so early? I always tell my baby his friend is still slping, so wait for him to wake up then bath together. His friend is his mirror image. He always look at his friend and smile when bathing. Haha

Btw Deon, other than using Thick n Easy ur Pd also got give medicine for ur baby's reflux? My baby recently also throwing up a lot of milk again. I scare his reflux worsen. But the PD I go say not serious no need medicine.

Thanks mummies for all the concern. Baby is ok tdy, jus his eczema flaring up badly n im trying to let it subside. I think I will stop him fully for 1 wk before trying organic again

Thnks for all the advice

Me too!! Feel v glad that there's a fOrum to join, as n when can post Any difficulties faced during childcare. The only thg is sometimes no time read all The post n wonder what hv I missed out! Haha! But v glad becos most mummies here r experienced n can give me advice cos sometimes really duno how n what etc. Thanks mummies!

By the way I read some of u gals recommend avents steamer Cum blender set. Do they only have one type as intending to buy it for bb when he can start weaning?.

Hi mummies,

Anyone going to Philips carnival? Can pls check if the steamer-cum-blender got any discount? Been hearing good reviews...

Thanks thanks.. I will drop by mothercare tk a look. Should b only one type of blender for avents only right?

By the way I saw a fren jus now n she told us that she only started cereal for bb after 6 mths n 4 mths start fruit purée 1st. Can we do that? Somehow I seem to hv read b4 that must let bb start rice based cereal 1st above anythg else, b4 vege n fruit.. Anyone can advice me? Saw some fruit purée at organic shop..think organic 1st brand or sthg but dare nt buy in case bb cannot eat again..

bunnymum: I started my baby o Heinz mixed veg but baby got allergy. Then I got to know that must intro food one by one. But from research its recommended to start on rice cereal first.

Jenny: u managed to buy e lavender oil from gmarket alr? Hope ur sleep is getting better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, I got a qn to ask. If bb's cries sounded like he has no voice, wad can we give bb to drink to help him get well? My bb today like lost his voice, cries softer than usual cos played n screamed too much today, feel so sad...

Stephanie: Not yet coz I waiting for 30% off coupon.

Actually my baby also cry till he no voice several times. Not that we wan to let him cry we tried to stop him but cannot stop. Try to give him more water? I dunno wat else to give.

Sunflower: chiongster days!! Now zzz also not enough le haha me n hb take a sat night off monthly n leave my girl in the care of my mil every time think of go chiong in the end rather zzz hahahha...

Citric acid: yeap only from avent in tpy.

Jenny: great to hear ur bb is less fussy!! Hang in there k? My girl also kept crying yest.. Duno why also. Today ok le much better.. Comes and goes ya..Jia you!, the essential oil hor most places got sell..eg taka, best denki, isetan, tangs. So long as they sell the novita humidifier there shd have..

Working dad: I think we have to tell our hb we appreciate every little thing they do..we might be the one that was pregnant for 9 mths and the one bf-ing but I do believe each hb has done something right all these while..mommies when u read this post..tell or SMS ur hb that unlove him and thank u for his effort!!

I'm thinking of introducing my girl cereal starting nov..so I shd feed her milk per normal than after that let her try a bit right? I think I read this somewhere..than after that?haha..totally lost.

Back