(2011/05) May 2011

menses: dolly, hi 5, i aso started my menses on 7th sept n it lasted for like 11 days but lucky frm beginning till end, it is lighter than my prev time.. only on the 3rd-5th day i tink slightly heavier (but still much lighter than my b4 preg #3).. n 2-3 days ago, i have the menses again.. till nw.. but is v light.. 1 pad wont stain full kind.. sigh.. not much cramp but feel v sian to keep having to wear pad leh.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cereal: my baby W is v greedy.. i tink he started on cereal for 2 wks already but not everyday i rem to feed him on it.. but frm my latest record, he can eat almost 3/4 of a small bowl (frm ikea, colored bowl) in 12mins time..haha.. :p is he taking 2 much?

Ling: Actually can go downstairs but I get hot very easily and no time to shower after that. I can only shower when baby sleeps and after I bath him coz I will sweat all over.

My baby takes his last feed at abt 11.30pm then earliest he wake up is abt 5 or 6am. Sometimes he wakes up at 7 or 8am+. Is this considered sleeping through? I dunno coz I wake up at 10.30am so I still must wake up once to feed him. But its ok if he wans to drink, better than not drinking.

Mickyboy: That is very good already!! How I wish i can have that luxury T_T my bb is like your #1 or maybe worst...

Val: Thanks! I will be very thick skin and ask! =P

Viman: at least she gets at least 15 hrs slp a day: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/sleep/sleepneeded/ my bb only slp abt 12-13 hrs a day only, sometimes really worried he dun get enough slp...

preciousMom: I heard only can intro 1 or 2 teaspoon at first for bb < 6 months, so wont affect his feed on BM/FM, which gives them e nutrition they need. How old is your bb?

Qn on FM: do we need to slowly intro FM to bb who is on FBM? just in case they dont like it? when shld i start introducing?

Dear mummies who have intro cereal for bb, if my bb is 18wks nw, is nestle ceralac good for intro? Cos the labels says for 6mths n up so I'm kinda unsure n pd alr told us to try intro to bb when he went for 4mth jab cos he's not gaining much weight. Initally we wanted to intro when he's abt 5.5-6mths but recently he seemed to lose interest in milk n kept looking at our food while sticking out his tongue n licking his lips.

Mummies who hv diff kid now.. Maybe u can tell urself, u shd give birth to #2.. then things will b better. Sometimes I feel maybe the god knows I've suffered enough for #1, hence this #2 is much easier, n hopefully he can sleep thru real soon ya.. A weird theory? Haha! :p

mimosa: my baby is ard 19wks.. :p n after feeding him e amt i mentioned, he can still drink his usual amt of milk 1 hr later... like tat can mean it doesnt affect much of his drinking?

Stephanie u wanna try n give organic rice cereal instead. Brands include healthy times, earths best, organix, bellamy etc. U can easily find at cold storage under babies section. These are made from organic rice grains n usually with less preservatives n better for bb. They are not very expensive too n 1 box can last u a long time.

Mickey not weird theory lah cos its absutely true!! Hehe if ur no.1 is a difficult baby, no.2 will be easy. Vice versa。 but then i ever read an article tat says first born usually have a higher tendency to have sleeping issues.

starfruit/mickey: I know some lucky pple have two easy kids, like my mum. She says my bro n I are quite easy to look after. She even got time to cook and wash clothes all these. Whereas I cun even have time to eat. My SIL also got two very guai babies. And I realised if ur #1 is guai, the mummy would usually have #2 quite soon. I know a couple of pple with 9 mth old baby already trying for second one coz their babies very guai.

Btw Mickey, I had an extremely tough pregnancy so I told myself my baby definitely going to be a very easy baby but turn out to be totally opposite.

Mummies -

I got a swimming tub today.. At $35 only real deal, used only once.. GOt it from on the SMH thread..

Yeah, my girl can start swimming tomorrow... Don't need to face bad and expensive service anymore !!! who ho ho ho

Jenny - BB still no well ?

Colic will not go away totally that fast. You need to continue to do what you have been doing, burp well and give colic drops/ gripe water.

Hope bb will feel better soon.

Jenny,I have to agree wif Mickey too cos my #1 was diff while #2 is manageable. I duno izzit cos fr #1 experiences thus find #2 manageable. Mine cry whole day & dosent sleep alot.his afternoon nap can range fr 30mins-1hr n wake very long.even at night also wake 2-3hrly.it dosent help havin pple tell me bb who dosent slp won't grow big etc. But really,after 6mths, it does get better tho compare to others still diff. & I tink u r doin great havin to face bb alone 24/7 w/o help

Thanks so much for e advice starfruit! Wow so many brands to choose from...hmmm is there any particular brand which is better than e others? And to intro first time to bb, it's just like give 1-2 teaspoon, not one full meal yet right?

Vicki: I've started BB on HappyBellies Brown Rice Cereal. He's loving it so far. Rashes wise, he's been given Neoderm by the PD and they've cleared up. But I do see a little coming back on round the neck, think it's due to the heat rather than food allergy.

My weaning plans are failing badly. BB has been waking up for milk @ 3am. Think mainly because we stopped giving him the cereal @ bedtime.

After a week of cereal, BB's poo has changed texture and colour. Yesterday morning bath time, there were 2 small bits of greenish hard bits trapped in his butt crack. Wondering what it was, I suspect it's hard poo. But my maid says she din see anything when she changed him in the morning... The night before he'd just did major poo twice. We also did not see him straining poo. So are those dried bits considered signs of constipation?

Stephanie: cannot one full meal yet.. if u realised, when baby is drinking milk from bottle or breastfeeding, their sucking toungue motion is front to back.. and when they starts on solid, the motion will be from font to back.. hence feeding a lil bit first will help to train. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sleeping through: hmm, mine still wakes up 2 times for milk feed. guess my milk really not much to fill up her lil tummy..

WT: hmm, try to give a lil more water when bb is on solids, or feed fruits? like apple puree? cux my colleague bb constipated ard 7th month, and she use oilve oil to rub ard bb anus to ease the poo poo out.. was rather bad though.. so, dont take chance..

This thread is moving so fast

Val,

ya..me long time never log in. Just back from my short break..travelling with 2 kids [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

I wanna ask mommies here, anyone here using IUD - mirena? any side effect?

val, thanks. if i were to let my girl stay at home, then either my mom or my mil will need to come and take care of her. today i let her go school coz the boy not back yet. see how this evening.

I am so lack of sleep now, my ger woke 2am, 3am, 4am last night & then woke up this morning at 7am. I wonder wat happened, suspect she is not feeling well maybe tummy bloated. Will give her some gripe water later.

Novi yeah long time no see. Where did u bring ur boys? U started work already right?

good morning ladies...

Never log in for 2weeks n the thread is moving so fast...how is everyone? My maternity leave has ended and xianz I'm back at work......really can't keep my eyes open yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

BB Sleep...

My ger is 17wks today and her sleep pattern keep changing also. Her last feed is 8.30pm and sometimes she will sleep thru till 5/6am and some days she will decide to wake up 3x.....like last nite....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] they are still constantly changing...

RE BB Cereal - stephanie, yes try the organic cereals and make sure you get the single grain ones for initial introduction. Give small feeds initially for your bb to get use to the cereal and make it more watery at first. You can mix it with your BM if you are still BF....

Jenny....my no1 is also very difficult, she does not sleep and wants to carry whole day if not she will scream n cry but for No.2 she is manageable and sleeps a lot more so I really dunno if its thru that if you have 1 diff bb the next will be easy.... :p

Good morning mummies!

Novi- where did u go for yr short trip?

Luann Mummy: ^5....my bb has decided to wake up in the middle of the night when I am back at work. *Super zombie and panda-eyes* Really praying that he will return to his sleeping through the night routine again!!!!!

Re: difficult first baby and easier #2. Well, my #1 was a very easy baby so in comparison, #2 is more difficult! My #1 slept through all the way since he was 3 weeks old and we enjoyed our good night rest. Thought #2 would follow suit but no! Now that I am back to work, he is waking in the middle of the night!! super faints!

My #1 also seldom (less than 5 times) fall sick since birth till now but my #2 had to be hospitalised at 3 months for UTI. A totally different experience for me!!! I never had to feed much medicine for #1 but now #2 on daily antibiotics for a month!!!

Good morning mummies...

Ya i am not sure issit cos fr #1 experiences thus find #2 manageable. my #1 does not sleep much in daytime and yet, at night, he only sleeps for a short duration then wake up n keen crying. In the end we intro sarong then it became better, at least can sleep like 2 hrs or so? So still wake up abt 3x every night. Really very pek chek sometimes, haha..

I agree w jenny tt if #1 is guai, the mummy will go for #2 real soon, this is my sister's case. Her #1 just turns 1.5 yo, and she's preg w #2 for 5 mths alrd.. I used to compare our #1, and i kept telling myself i want my #2 to be as easy as her boy if possible! really repeat everyday when i preg, haha.. But of coz i wont curse her lar, i hope her #2 also very guai like her #1 too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starfruit, hugs! at least you have not returned to work. My baby did that to me the day before. Woke at 1, 2, 3 and 4am!!! and then I had to be up at 5am to prepare for work!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sometimes i will think, issit due to the name? My nephew's name is called Le le (means happy), so he will be a happy & easy baby? My cousin has a boy, and his name is Hao hao (means cry in hokkien), then he really cry very often de lor! What do u think?

Nic ^5....i also hope my ger will return to her slp routine n onli wake up at 5/6 for milk....I'm like a zombie in office.....see computer also got double vision...lol...

Milk Feed...may I check hw much is your kiddos drinking each feed nw....my ger just started her infant care last week and I must say the teachers r really gd, she can nw drink 150ml 4hrly...in the past at hm with me max she can finish is 100ml 3hrly and ea feed is like war time....:p

morning ladies. its tues =)

Ling,

fully agree with u - which baby doesnt scream/cry. =)

preciousMom,

wah! W can really eat. I wonder if mine will be an easy eater as korkor is a fussy eater. hahaha.

Jenny,

why cant shower? a quick shower will only take less than 5mins. give ur boy some toys to entertain himself 5mins can be done. i know everytime i bring my boy to and forth sch i must bathe when i am hm. i bathe my boy too when he is hm. 10mins. i give my gal toys, i sing to her frm the mbr bathroom. everything is workable.

we will alway see others' kid as being easy and ours as difficult as we dun see the tough time they have. why wanna compare with other kids? the grass is always greener on the other side. even if u have #2, no one will guarantee tat he/she will be more managable. u have to set ur expectation rite and cant jump to the idea tat since ur boy is so notti #2 will be better coz if it turns out the opp way, u gonna cry foul.

i think its better u concentrate on ur boy and how to improve on things rather than think of how well behaved other kids are and #2 will be more managable coz #1 is a tough baby...coz all these will only make u feel things are always hard for u. appreciate the things u have...

Deon,

gd deal =) ur gal will enjoy her swim =)

novi,

where did u brought ur kids to? the taiwan trip u went with or without ur kids?

twinkle,

ur boy nt back yet as in he dun stay with u?

starfruit,

lucky u still on leave now else sure zombified today. Hope T will be back to her usual schedule by next week so u wldnt be so tired at wk.

Re: #1 & #2

my parents commented my #2 is harder to look aft than #1 as in #2 more fierce and need to carry and walk ard alot. However, #1 and #2 dun slp thro at all.

nic,

ren ren ren! the term will be over soon =) jia you =)

mickeyboy,

hhaha. for mine my family is wondering if its due to the hair coz i kept his hair long at the back so whenever he misbehave big time my dad will says "cut tat hair!". hahah.

luann_mummy,

my gal is still feeding between 70-100ml. give her more she will also stop at 100ml.

Morning ladies..long time no post here!~

Val: u very good lei..active in both FB and here!

Luann: my girl drinks abt 140ml every 3 hrly from 6am to 10pm..total 6 feeds daily. =)

Deon: very good deal for the tub. my hb also ask me look for a second-hand one...

Jenny: take it easy..my pregnancy was relatively easy other than the morning sickness during 1st 3 mths..my girl is also ok..keeping fingers crossed. hw's ur baby? sleeping for 6-8 hrs is considered sleeping through already. at this age maximum shd only let bb go 8 hrs with no milk..10 hrs is too long per my pd..

WT: my mil told me rashes could also be due to not drying the 'creases' properly after bathing =)

Val: haha.. ya.. i tink baby W is interested in his cereal, but these 2 days i noticed that he doesnt drink his milk well.. have to monitor him, not sure if that is a sign of not feeling well..

counting down for u!! haha.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am back. Lying i bed now waiting for my T to sleep! She just cried a bit now back to sucking her fingers! I just ignored her hehe

Nic, aiyo hugs to u too leh!! Very siong esp u need to be up at 5am to start work. I am sure this is temp only n our babies will go back to their norm routine soon!!

Val i also suspect maybe ur parents are a few yrs older thus find it a bit more difficult too. But then ur D cute lah. I think urs, cheryl's bev and mine are the fiesty chillie padis!

Jenny, agree with val, shower very fast only! I also need to shower when i come back after bringing bb out cos i pouch or put her in carrier n will pespire too. Wat i do when i come back is to put her on the play mat or in the middle of the master bed, give her the baby play gym n i go shower with the bathroom door open in the master bedroom. My shower is very fast less abt 5 mins can already n i talk to her when i shower too. Alternatively, i will put her in the rocker chair n plc the rocker chair in front of my bathroom n i shower n watch over her too.

Jenny the term easy baby is very subjective and i think Val has given u sound advice. to me if a baby can sleep thru the nite he is considered quite easy already like urs. All babies cry and needs attention.

Moreover urs was crying cos he was not feeling well so this cant be considered a difficult baby. We all need to be mentally prepared when we decide to have a child cos when a baby comes, often we need to change to fit their schedule. Not the other way around cos its easier for us to change than to make bb change to meet our schedule. Many of us also do not have time to eat n cant eat at fixed time so u are not the only one. I will eat my meals when bb naps or is able to play by herself n i finish my meals quite fast too. Lunch can be as early as 11am or as late as 3pm. For dinner i will usually take only after i tuck her to bed which is after 8. Wat i am trying to say here is tat u are not the only one having difficulties, we all are, just tat we learn to manage them n make the best out of our situation.

preciousMom: From what i read from babycenter,http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/startingsolids/introducing/, that is what they said: "Offer your baby her usual breast milk or formula. When she is nearly satisfied, give her about one or two teaspoons of dry cereal mixed with enough formula or breast milk to make a soupy solution. (The Health Promotion Board recommends iron-enriched infant rice cereal as a starter food.)" "This way, she won't be so hungry that she is too frustrated to try the new food, and not too full to be interested." So I think i would give my bb during his usual feed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stephanie: my friend advice me to start with rice cereal for bb < 6mths, and not to get brown rice, cos it is more difficult for them to digest, I got e cereal from the agape BP:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5417817.html?1305438801 From the various brand they have, only Bellamy and Organix have normal rice cereal (wholegrain i heard is ok) but Bellamy baby rice cereal got trace of gluten, so at e end i bought Organix one even tho it is not iron enriched. Shld be ok since we only introducing 1 / 2 teaspoon at first, wont make a big diff whether or not iron enriched..

Val, totally agree with you, shld not have expectation, whether they are diff or not, bb will always be my bao bei [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually my no.1 really had sleeping issues. She was waking up at least twice a nite till she was 26 mths!! Can u image how little sleep i had during her first 2 yrs!!

Now i am mentally prepaing myself tat she will wake up more when i start work next week!!

Mimosa another tip. Better to try the cereal feed in the day morning or lunch so if there are any allergic reaction, if can come out in the afternoon. Should avoid ( if possible) to give in the evening incase bb cant digest n fuss in the nite or if allergy symptoms comes up in the middle of the nite.

Mine also takes only 100 ml every 3 hours. Give her more she will surely throw up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I am giving her bottle 4 times and latching twice. Hope she is getting enough. I read that if she has 6-8 wet diapers a day then it's ok. But how to define "a wet diaper"? Sometimes it's v.heavy sometimes not so much...

Cloud: After that 2 pcs of hard poo, I've reminded my maid to feed my boi more water. We're also limited his formula to just once a night, so that he takes more eBM.

V: We are consciously cleaning up the creases after bath. The thing is, the rashes are not just around the creases, but cascades downwards to chest area. Now I've resorted to getting my maid to wipe him with a damp cloth whenever she spots him sweaty.

mimosa: thanks for e info, guess i shld cut down on his cereal mayb.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

just checked wif the infant care, she said e sch will give nestle brown rice cereal when we want them to start semi-solid there.. which i tot it is quite hard to digest isnt it? n she said frm nw to 6th mth (until he can sit on e highchair), they will add in e cereal into his milk together n feed.. after hearing tis, i tink i will not start him cereal at IFC so early.. will do it at hm myself..

Starfruit

I am SAHM leh..not working mum..kekeke. There's any other novi here? I'd like to join the work force but my hubby not really support the idea [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

Val, Nic

I just back from Hongkong with my kids [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Bring them to HKG disneyland..kekeke though my girl still didn't understand anything...but for #1 he's so enjoy over there and even follow to dance when the parade start [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This november, I will bring them travelling again..

Novi- sounds like a great vacation at HK! Where will u be heading to in Nov? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My #1 asking to go to Thomasland in Tokyo again but not sure if my hubby deems it safe to go now with baby in tow....

Val: Yr last day is just practically hours away!!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Yup, I am enduring. If not for the sake of my pupils, I would have started my leave now!!

Starfruit, wow yr #1 took so long to sleep thru!! good that u are mnetally prepared for returning to work. Think I was not so was like in for a rude shock. hahaha :p But now much better, just need to get baby back on track for sleeping hours!

Drinking: My baby drinks 150ml, 3 hours interval.

Novi we confused u with another mummy!! Hehe there is another mummy by the name of Novi just remembered her nick is delphi! Hehe sorry.

Wah isit a hassle to bring bb to disneyland? I wanted to do it buy chickened out think will wait till she is more than 1. Thinking going next Oct!

Wow thread is moving so fast. Haha had a busy morning giving tuition n entertaining bb.

Thanks so much cloudpoem, Luann mummy n mimosa for the tips on cereal feeding! Wow so much knowledge involved. Still got alot to learn hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hmmm if I not bf-ing alr, can add fm to cereal instead? And when how to gauge when to increase e amt of cereal for bb? Paiseh so blur on this.

Milk feeding: my bb feeding average 180ml every 3hrs. but recently his milk intake v drastic. sometimes drink half or less than half only, sometimes finish all n still cry for milk. Is it normal?

yday my #1 was helping me to shred junk mail and he tore a piece of flyer in front of baby and baby laughed out loud deliriously.

My #1 was so amused by his brother laughing so he tore another piece of paper. Baby laughed out again. The laughter was so contagious that everyone was laughing. And the paper tearing continued for quite a good while with baby laughing the loudest.

Later, I read from a fren's blog that her baby was also laughing at seeing paper being torn. Maybe mummies, you can try tearing paper in front of yr baby and see if baby laughs. :p

Nic cos no.1 has bad habit of latching to go back to sleep at nite. She only slept thru after i wean her off my breast!! Guilty too cos i prolong the weaning n caused her to have such bad quality sleep.

I think our bbs will go back on track very soon, maybe they just need to go out of schedule every now & then.

I suspect her tummy dun feel well cos she never poo for 4 days liao! Still waiting for her precious gold to come out.

Japan not safe lah, wait a while more. I am more worried abt the water & crop contamination.

Nic i will try the paper tearing later when my no1 comes hm. Should be quite fun!

Later going for shopping spree ( my last one before i start work) cos need to buy pants n not free the next few days! Hope i can still cover a few plcs with my bai ka!!

starfruit,

you can try rubbing some sesame oil on your ger's tummy...this trick works very well for my gal...when she does not poo for a few days...

Paper tearing....hmmm....sounds interesting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will try it tonight as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit,don't mean to scare u but my gal also change pattern when I juz start work.also fr slp thru to wakin up a few x in d night.then slept thru again.recently mb cos my supply dosent meet her demand so she is waking almost every hr again @.@. Juz intro fm ytd night hoping she'll feel fuller so won't wake up but she refuse.end up it's a struggle.does help catch some winks by latching her lying sideways

Back