(2011/05) May 2011

WT: does baby drool or spurt a lil milk? yea..only way is to clean...if not it could also be coz too dry? coz my girl had a lil rash on her cheek and pd said it was due to bathing/cleaning frequently that dries bb skin so ask me to use cream meant for the face and not bb lotion...

Easy/Difficult baby: i agree with u ladies...i think each bb is different and at the end of the day still our bao bei..eg my girl is difficult when she is hot/sticky which is normal just have to be more patient and also her change of mth...other than that i think as a mummy just have to grasp her patterns coz they can't tell u they are not feeling well. everytime she cry i also hush her and ask her what's wrong..like she can answer me like that..hahaha...i told my hb maybe next one not as easy ask K le..we'll see how..

paper tearing: i scared next time she keep tearing paper..hahaha....

starfruit: we also chicken out on holiday! ahah...but gg for weekend stay at RWS soon..my hb was so on to book tix than after that it hit him..milk how?! coz i can't latch so my K is drinking from bottle ebm..and I'm cutting down my pumping to twice a day..hahaha..so furnie..

Novi: ask u ah..how u sterilise ur bb bottles when u are there? or u latch all the way??

i'm learning alot on feeding cereal here...will come in handy 2 mths later~heheh...

val: sorry for the confusion... mine is a girl. i meant that the boy that kana measles is not back to school today. his mc is till today, tomorrow will back to school.

Nic,

OMG I just tried the paper tearing thing and bb laughed so loudly my mom got scared. Really laughing out loud like never before!!!!!!! :D

Viman ur bb is cute!! Hehe

V buy a small portable water boiler n bring with u when u go RWS. Use it to boil water n pour on to pump parts & bottles to steralise. This boiler will come in handy too when u travel the next time. I always bring my own boiler when i travel or go hotel stay n boil mineral water for my ger.

Viman,

LOL! Wonder why babies laugh at the sight of paper being torn. It's so amusing. hehehe....

Other mummies let me know if yr bb laughs ok? i am quite curious to know if its applicable to most babies. :p

V: I went to stay at RWS three weeks ago and I brought along my Pigeon travel steriliser. When I travelled with my #1 previously, I also used the travel steriliser. Its compact and ensures that my pump parts and bottles are all sterilised which gives me a peace of mind. Just to let u know that the mini fridge in the festive rooms at RWS is not very cold so I store with my FTG and brought along additional ice packs which I asked the concierge to help me to freeze at the resturant's freezer. Then I alternate the ice packs to keep milk cold. You just need to fill up a form and they will label yr ice packs for u.

V,

i have nthing impt to do already. now doing counting dwn mah. hehehe.

my replacement lagi best...everyday i see him surf net, read forum...i asked him if he has anything to asked me while i am still ard, always dun have but dun wanan reply my email on handover acknowledgement...i am sure when i left, anything happen bound to say i nv handover properly etc. this kind of things alway happen.

u can use sterilising pill to sterilise or u can boil hot water and wash or soak the bottle in it.

preciousMom,

hope W is alright. Mayb he ate too much so not hungry for milk or he miss cereal too miss to wanna drink milk?

starfruit,

yes. age is catching up with my parents so its also harder for them to look aft 2. Yes!!! i think my D is a chilli padi too!

my parents told me in terms of character and demand of needs, my #2 is more fierce and need more attention as compared to my boy at the same age. for example, my boy nv pull his hair or scratch himself when he wanna slp. he can just drink milk, stroke his hair and he will knock out. dun even need to carry or rock him to slp. and #2 small small thing will make noise...hahaha.

find a chance must put the 3 chillis padis tog =P let them rock the hse dwn =P

hows ur foot? can do shopping still?

Novi/starfruit,

yes. there is another novi in this thread. thot her nick was dalki =P

I miss Disneyland. Still owe my boy 1 disney trip for cancelling last yr dec trp =P

where will u be going in nov?

nic,

my hb against going Jap as he is worried abt the radiation...i miss jap! i wanna do a self drive in hokkaido.

hehehe. ya! counting down =) today clearing some files and my desk area n cabinet =)

interesting. tonite i shall go hm and try tearing papers =) sometimes we try other sounds effects and D laff like crazy too =)

twinkle,

yup. know urs is a gal but i got confused abt the boy. didnt realised u were talking abt the boy who came dwn with measles but thot u were talking abt ur another kid =P paisay ah.

Starfruit, my baby has been pooing every 4-5 days since birth so I am not very concerned. Is that yr baby's poo pattern too?

How's yr sprained ankle? hope you are recovering well! Enjoy yr shopping!!

Deon: Thanks. I nv tot of that until u told me colic takes a whilr yo go away. Yest i did a new trick to swaddle bb before starting his feeds so that his hands will not ka jiao me n i can feed him in peace.

starfuit/val: I shower need 15 min inc wash hair. My bb is an attention seeker. Give him rattle he will purposely throw away then cry n wan us to pass to him again.

But yah, now he's more manageable n i learn more on his pattern. Last week I discover he need to take his nap 2 hours after he wakes up n I told my mum happily abt this discovery then she asked me now then I know? I tot abt it n yeah, I'm quite lousy. Took 4 whole mths to discover his slp pattern.

I dun scold my baby anymore now n I dun complain to my husband or mum except when worrying abt his milk intake. But anyway, even if he's an easy bb, I also wun go for second 1 coz 1 is enough for me already.

Jenny u learn as bb grow. We are learning too n slowly getting the hang of our baby's patterns.

Val mine also famous in the blk, my neighbours ( even those 1-2 levels down) all ask my MIL if the crying was from my ger!! Same lah mine must cry before she sleeps, same as cheryl buey tahan sometime. Dunno why cant just sleep quietly but must cry & sleep!!

Luann, seasame oil works? But very strong smell leh.

Nic started 3 weeks ago she decided she only wants to poo once every 3-4 days. Today day 4 still no inclination to poo but her fart damn loud & smelly!! Hehe. I did the bicycle legs, no effect!

Starfruit,

Oic...have other novi here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

I feel more easy bring baby than toddler kekeke...

Hkg disneyland is quite baby friendly, we can find any changing table to change diapers and even nursing room. But i just feeding her in the restaurant while we're having our lunch using nursing cover [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

I just sling my baby and bring 1 stroller for my #1 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

But this time not manage to shopping around kekeke

Val, Nic

this nov will go to shanghai...Hkg is a trial bring 2 kids travelling kekeke

V,

I am not bring any bottle at all...i just latching my girl all the way. Then for my boy, I just bought him fresh milk over there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Good afternoon mummies,

The thread is moving so fast, I am lost ??? What is with this paper tearing thing ?

Anyway Jenny do not feel lousy.. We just have to give adjust and adapt along the way.

I went through a tough period when my bb was crying day and night for her first 2 months.

It is only when I know what is wrong with my bb then I told myself to be patience with her.

Take your time...

Nic: I'm so going to try the paper tearing layer!! Haaaha!

Mummies, I'm celebrating my #2 bday soon, any suggestion on what to put in the goodie bag? I decieded not to splurge on the $200+ cake le.. Since she chose princess, we'll make it ado with a simple princess cake..

Starfruit,

Thanks. You saw the FB profile pic, issit? Amazing how most moms put bb's pic as their profike pic. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nic,

I just googled and looks like the paper tearing thing is a universal thing!! I just typed 'Why do babies laugh at' and the first thing in the dropdown was 'ripping paper'. Just tried again and called hb so he could also hear. I am still so amazed at how loudly she laughed!

Mommies, if your bb doesn't laugh at first, rip the paper very quickly. Sure will laugh! :D

CloudPeom,

I just got a handdrawn princess cake from eCreative...3kg for abt $100

I saw those party shop selling prepack goodie bag for disney princess....you can go racky ard [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

saw it at tanglin mall 3rd floor when I bring my gal for kindermusik class...but can't remember hw much per pack liow

Nic: I will try this tonight w my no1 and bb. So cute to read abt bbies laughing from tearing of paper. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nov: Which hotel did you stay in at HK? Am contemplating a trip this Nov to HK Disneyland.

Jenny: Every bb is different and maybe your lil daring is more attention seeking and hence, taxing on you plus you have little help and a hb busy with work. So give yourself and bb credit when due. For eg, bb is good that he can sleep thru the night with one long stretch. Try to think how he brightens up your day with his cute dimple smiles and smile more at bb as bb learn most from mummies. If we are happy and relaxed, bb can feel it too. Praise your bb more. BB will try their best to win our approvals and please us. So its important you gave him the approval he needs and letting him feel loved. In case you think my bb is easy, my no1 is a pain to take care. He took “power naps” 10mins during the day and will woke up 2-3 times for night feeds until 3+. He don’t play on his own (never examines his own fingers, toes) and hardly tolerated the baby gym. He’s very active and attention seeking but I have to accept that is his character and he can be very endearing and affectionate at times. Jenny, Jia You!

Cloud: You can put your girl’s fave snacks or things you know she’ll enjoy. For mine, I pack his fave snacks (M&M, London Choco Roll, custard cream pie…) plus stickers, bubble blowers

Wah ladies, the thread is moving v v fast!

paper tearing: so its bcoz of the action we tear paper or its bcoz of the sound? i will try it tonite too, haha sounds interesting!

novi: how old are ur 2 kids? so far i nvr bring my kids for travelling at all, i m worried that we cant manage ar. so hk is a gd place to start w, bb friendly? did u bring pram along or just use carrier/sling?

preciousMom: ya, brown rice is more for bb near 6 months

starfruit: wah! you really very 'li hai' leh, with injured leg can still shop, forum & fb at the same time! haha.. take care ah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh ya, how you wean bb off from your breast last time huh? I might wanna give it a try, see if it works for my bb to sleep longer at night, hehe..

Tearing paper: just now i went home during lunch, and tear 1 paper in front of bb, he stare at it for awhile, seems not so excited, hmm... maybe i am kind of in a rush, tonight will try to get more paper to try again :p

Mickeyboy,

I think it's the sound. Unusual for them maybe that's why they laugh. My mom just crushed a candy wrapper and bb laughed again.

Mimosa,

Use a long piece of paper (I used 2 pages of newspaper) and rip through very fast, right in front of bb. Do a few times and bb will laugh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mickeyboy...HK is not bb friendly at all...almost all the MTR is stairs leading to the ground so if you bring stroller, make sure its a super light one if not will carry till xiao...

I'm planning to go HK disneyland end of this yr too.. still considering whether we should bring both kids? or should we just bring #1, but leave #2 w nanny (that means all my bm will be wasted le)... Frens warned me that maybe my supply will drop after the trip, bcoz pumping timing all "luan" during the trip. So i'm still considering..

having said that, my #1 about 2+ yo, will he know how to appreciate the Disneyland trip? Will he remember when he grows up, or shd we wait he's older then only go huh?

when travelling, i usually nvr take any steriliser. juz boil water & pour it over d bottles etc. too troublesome to lug so many thinz le...but i make it a point to bring at least 1 big bottle of our own water & mix with theirs after 1yr old. below 1, i prefer to use sg's water.

Little Fly,

Last time I stayed in 'Sunny Day Hotel" near mongkok. It's a boutique hotel, but their family room is quite spacious.

Mickeyboy

My #1 is 29 months, then #2 is almost 4 months at the time i brought her travelling. Mostly I slinged my girl, then stroller for my #1. Luann mummy is correct HK is not bb friendly for their MTR, so have to bring super light stroller.

Wow...thread is really fast!!!..didnt manage to come in 1 day..alreay hv to read archive & lost sia!!! kekeke

Ling, u gd leh..buy & put at home..take up alot of space anot ah? nid to deflat after using? if i buy put at hm, my mum sure say i waste $$ de...u noe hor, i bought my playmat i hvn open.i think my dad indirectly saying i waste $$ cos i heard him told my B tt "wah..ur mummy buy u so many things! 1st bouncer chair, 2nd bumbo seat, nw playmat." kekeke...i tink all r basic essentials isnt it? whahaha...aiya..last time when my parents had me, i oso remb whatever i want, dad wil try to buy...kekekeke

gd ah..nw XH can slp thru.hope she maintains. i wonder when wil my B do tt..hai...

Moment, wat happen to u? sick? r u BF?

Cloudpeom, wanna chk, when ur gal wake up for 2feeds at nite, wats d interval? does she drinks alot ah? or more latch for comfort? cos my B oso same.but she dun drink alot leh.after 5min, latch to comfort mode =__=

mickeyboy, i think is v hard to say, some ppl who believe in fengshui, wil claim name oso makes a difference. bb crying can b associated w alot of things de leh..not well, wants attention, feels hot, gums not feeling well etc..cos they duno hw to express.all they can do is cry...& like u say lor.experience on #1 le, u manage beta on #2. lol

when im home everyday, wil ask my mum hw's bb, sometimes bb cry alot b4 sleeping or play w milk teats. sometimes she is guai..hahahah..everyday diff pattern de..lol

Luann_mummy, ^5 lah..my gal oso same as ur gal de..i changed many pigeon teats & medela teats too. milk time is war time sometms my mum takes an hr to feed her cos she dun finish 1 shot..i wonder hw d teachers did tt leh..hehe..any tips to share ah?

& u rub sesame oil on bb tummy if she dun poo? as in cooking oil sesame oil?!?!? or i read wrongly? i tot it shld b ru yi oil? lol..

Val, woohoo...tmr u last day rite? so shiok hor..hahaha..dun bother abt the new guy le..i think when u email him, cc ur boss/mgr so they noe he didnt respond so not ur fault..hehehe

ur D drinks 70-100ml? hw many hrs interval ah? im thinking if im feeding B too much 150ml abt 4-4.5hr cos she is putting on wgt fast & tummy round round..whahahaha

Yea..we mus let B,T & D tear dwn some roof 1 day..kekekeke

Starfruit!! i cun help laffing at ur post abt my B..whahah..Yes!!think my B vvv chilli padi de.& she likes to test water w me to carry her etc.& when she gets angry, her roar is horrible!!! hahaha. u noe on sun i brought her back to mil place cos we hvn been back for a mth.i sneak out to Nex w hb & left her ter cos she is asleep ma.when im back abt 3hrs. fil told me..haiyio.she scream so loudly for 15min non stop.until neighbours came & ask wat happen.. can u imagine hw loud she is..whahaha...

u horrible shopper leh..limp in orchard? omg!!! pls get more rest!!

Jenny, dun worry lah..u r not lousy, we all learn everyday & bb has new patterns everyday too.so sometms is not so easy to realise de..dun blame on urself..i feel u r doing great..jia you ba... =)

Novi: Thanks. Do you recommend this hotel? Is it near to shopping malls?

Luan: Agree HK MTR not kid friendly and we really carry tod/stroller until xiao last time. LOL

Mickey: If we go, we only plan to bring no.1 (4yr) and leave bb with nanny. My no.1 went HK when he's around 28mths and only remembers partially. We went to ocean park which is a mistake coz its more suitable for older kids and not stroller friendly. I think Disneyland should be ok for your boy bah.

Mickeyboy,

if you wanna go HK end of the year, you have to bring jacket for your kids as weather there is quite cooling.

This year I've been there 2 times already. When still preggie with #2 early this year and this september.

starfruit,

i have another nick for my gal - opera singer! hahaha.

my gal nw abt 5-7days. last rd she poo twice in an hr and its alot.

aiyo...u ho, limping n still wanna shop. sld rest more.

novi,

shiok le. keep travelling =)

i wan to travel but hb nt free. haiz.

Deon,

tear paper in front of ur baby and she will laff =) try it =)

re: baby laffing

actually i feel kids can be entertain easily. at least for my gal she laff easily at sounds/things we do. i have a v cute video of her laffing and we always re-watch it. and i even show my gal the video and she will smile =)

cloudpoem,

can try milo/vitasoy packets (which i feel is healthier). then some biscults/snacks?

luann_mummy,

look for SMH May 2011 grp and request to join. rem to add ur nick.

mickeyboy,

for me i will bring my gal along. my #1 is 40mths old and first travelled at 15mths. he does still rem HK disneyland but he rem jap disneyland better when he went at 23mths.

book disneyland hotel. the kids n adults will love it =)

mudppie,

yup. last day tml =) today cleared the desk n cabinet with my boss. tml coming in for handover of access n then farewell lunch then going to HQ office and byebye =)

my gal drinks 2.5-3hourly via bottle. if latch can be shorter esp when she wanna slp then will wail n wail to have milk. haiz. my gal v small la =X

Re: Travelling overseas

I was super garang and brought my 21mo and 4mo to HK at the beginning of the month and conclusion: we almost died. haha

#1 was very kelian cuz she has to shop and travel with us, and we did not bring her to disneyland cuz she wouldn't remember anything at all. Our flight to HK, babies were very well-behaved but the return flight was hell! Both were screaming cuz it was their bedtime and the air in the plane was very thin. I almost went crazy with the crying; random strangers would walk up to us and offer us tips but they just don't understand what works for our kids.

I brought a 2-litre tupperware to fill water to sterilise my bottles using sterilising tablets. I pumped in the morning but latched when we were outside. No dip in supply when I went HK. Upon advice of the mummies here, we also brought a travel boiler to boil water cuz we were worried about the hygiene of the hotel's boiler.

I slinged #2 and #1 travelled in a buggy. Shop also chop chop curry pok buy and go, but I can still manage to spend $1k. crazy right

Val,

thanx, alamak cant look from grp using Iphone...office banned FB...lol will do so tonight

Mudpie...yes sesame oil as in the one for cooking....old folks told me one and it really works for my gal...

RE HK Disneyland

My No1 was 3 when i brought her to HK and she only remembers mickey mouse and the panda in ocean park...lol but remember that they need to take naps so might waste time in the park doing nothing when they nap....

I am done with my shopping. Think will not shop the next 6 mths!! Haha now on my way to pick up my ger from child care& buy dinner.

Its so good to shop on a tues almost no crowd at all!

I brought my no. to disneyland when she was 1,2 and 3. She only remembered the last trip which was when she was 3. The earlier 2 trips she dun remember lor.

Nic wat u mean by travel steraliser? The steralising tablets?

Sylvia ya some hotel boiler damn disguisting. I prefer to bring my own! I even have a travel cooker where i cook her porridge when we travel!

Starfruit:

Aiyoh, you are a shopping fanatic! Salute! Pls take care and update us with ur buys hehehe

Val:

Congrats on your last day tmr. I hope my hubby can strike 4D soon so I can become a SAHM and hire a maid and be a taitai. opps

Novi:

You are so lucky to have 2 cooperative babies! There was a lot of unhappiness in my trip cuz my #1 was whining the whole time and we had to manage between my in-laws, my babies and ourselves. My hubby said no more trips until my kids are older [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jenny:

I was very unprepared for the heavy responsibilities of motherhood when I had my #1. My mum told me I was a difficult baby and I was convinced that my baby would not be difficult, but she turned out to be exactly like me. My mil told me that she had not met a baby who could scream so badly before, and even told me that my baby "inherited" my difficult personality as a baby. I remmember we went for a wedding dinner when my #1 was 1mo and relatives would come and tell me,"I heard your baby keeps on crying" cuz my very big-mouthed auntie-in-law kept on telling everyone so. It was very demoralising.

It is very difficult to deal with unwarranted comments, especially unpleasant ones, because I was already feeling very guilty about giving birth to a colicky baby, and listening to unpleasant words made me feel even worse.

You have already come thus far, and it's a day closer to the day your baby recovers and become a better baby. You shouldn't feel so discouraged because your baby has moulded you into a better person, and I believe your baby loves you the most too. You are your baby's world, and you have to stay strong for him.

I would strongly urge you to keep looking for the cause of your baby's discomfort. I suspect "colic" is often misdiagnosied because doctors just don't find a reason for the crying and "colic" is just an easy label to pass. If your doctors are so passive about diagnoising your baby, YOU have to be the doctor and discover the cause by googling and exploring the possibilities with your doctor. It is not normal for a baby to feel unwell for more than 4 months.

Vicki ya i also scared she will change pattern when i start work.

Mimosa: i did it cold turkey when i wean her from my breast. She cried for a solid 1 week! N it almost broke my heart!

Little fly,

Yes, it's quite ok...very near to makan place. Just going down next to hotel is makan place already. Langham shopping mall is just only opposite. But don't be surprise if you see the hotel..coz it's above shop houses and there's stairs before enter to the hotel. But overall the hotel ok, no fridge inside the room and got free wifi :D

I requested to join the fb group...

It seems that mummies like to bring kids to HK huh? it must be a good place to start with. Ya i am thinking not to bring my #2 too as it will be too troublesome le, afraid that in the end all 4 of us wont be able to enjoy the trip... Hopefully my supply wont dip too much ar. So its not possible to "transfer" the bm back to sg one rite?

If we go in Dec, my #1 will turn 3 yo by then, so hopefully he can remember the trip well le... but trips w kids will really be a "chop chop curry pok" and tiring one rite? bcoz of this, we keep delaying our travel plans, and till now, #1 alrd 2+ yo le.. haha I really salute mummies who dare to bring all their kids along!

starfruit....pigeon has a steriliser that is quite compact for 2btls onli, i thk tt's wat Nic meant....I bring that to Melbourne when my no.1 is 1yr old....works very well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Luann: i totally agree w u on the napping part in disneyland! went when #1 was abt 2yo. only played a while in morning. during afternn nap time, we were totally bored. lucky me n hb went disney jap & europe b4 last time. so we were ok to leave e place earlier.

i think the best time to enjoy these places is 3-4yo

luann_mummy: y need to wait for them when they nap? u mean u dun bring stroller at all huh?

btw, do u think it is better if we go on our own, or we go with another couple (they have 2 kids)? i wonder if i give my boy 2 good companion, will that make him easier to handle?

mickey: hkg is a fav choice cos not too far, oriental food and hv disneyland! try to take the flight ard their nap time. then they can sleep thru the flight

Starfruit,

How old is your #1 now? I also just weaned my #1 4 months ago kekeke. Can't manage to tandem breasfeed them. Now if I offer him the EBM excess he said it's for mei mei [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sylvia,

hehehe...ya quite lucky though we have to deal with #1..he's quite active boy and keep asking to go out when we're in the hotel room to rest..hahaha

Thanks mummies for all the encouragement. I hope I can be a very good mummy and bring up my child well. I believe he loves me too esp when he keeps looking at me and will cry when he see other pple.

Paper tearing: I tried it just now and my baby had no reaction except fold his brow and thinking what am I doing. Haha.

My baby is flipping a lot now. He keeps on flipping and flipping and even wanted to flip in his bouncer. And when he's on his tummy, he wanted to crawl but of coz not enuff energy to crawl. When will he be able to crawl? I need some xin li zhun bei to baby proof the house first.

Jenny,

The tearing action must be loud and prolonged. Use a long sheet of newspaper and quickly tear all the way thru very loudly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mine not amused by the paper tearing too! I tore one whole stack of papers but she just looked puzzled! Jie jie was more amused than mei mei!

Novi my no. 1 is 4 now. Weaned her when she was 26 mths.

Mimosa, er i tried all ways including putting medicated oil on my breast ( no kiddin u) all dun work. So i just did it cold turkey!! Hehe but now when i ask my no.1 she totally has no recollection of the weaning!

Ash wat i did during nap time in disneyland is to go souvenir shop as well as sit down relax & have coffee.

Back