(2011/05) May 2011

Xuanmin, take care. If u find bb not kicking much try taking a chocolate. I realise the extra sugar boast will make my bb kick n move so at least i know at that moment tt things still fine in the tummy. Hope it helps. Guess low AF may make it difficult for ur bb to move around. Its always worrying when there is a prob. But try not to think too much. Worse come worse deliver early may b better for bb coz at least on the outside doc can intervene much earlier n take better care of bb.

I just admitted at Tmc, doing ctg and checks to make sure bb is not distressed.. Was near tears just now and woke Hubby up to fetch me to hospital. Now he's at Hm catching up in his sleep and caring for #1. I hv to stay at hosp for the next 24 hrs at least.. If not may deliver early..

Newtoitall

tks for the encouraging words. It did cross my mind if I can ask gynae to deliver her earlier.. But her weight is still on low side, only 2.3kg last measured at 35w. Scared she has to be in Nicu if born now. So trying to keep her inside me as long as I can..

Kaykay - I'm no longer having LS anymore since the 3rd time.. Maybe cos nothing to release anymore.. But since evening my back have been aching all the way down to my legs.. Especially my butt.. So 'suan' and crampy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Starfruit - My BH have been kinda often nowadays as well.. Sometimes I can hardly walk when it suddenly comes.. My

last check up gynae told me bb head down already but didnt say if he's engaged yet..

Sh.. - last month before my check up I was having LS continuously for one whole week. But just when I wanted to check with my gynae the LS stopped. Until Ystd come back again and now I'm alright..

Just helped my sil to take care her 1week old NB from 9 till about 3am just now and I almost gone crazy! Luckily my husband's auntie was here to help me out.. Bb was superb cranky kept wanting people to carry him and pat. Bb's maternal side granny took care of him and made him

got use to it.. He cries for milk and when u're done making the milk he fells asleep. -.- Can't imagine if my bb were to behave this way.. Seriously will go into deep depression.. Omy..

Good morning mummies,

Xuanmin, your bb will be in good hands.. Anyway, bb will put on weight each week which you will never realized.. My bb's also in 35+6 weeks when I've delivered him... They are lil strong fighter.. Don't worry so much.. GanBate!

Morning mummies,,,,

Super gancheOng Nt able to slp well....hubby still say last nite he feels ok ....I say of cos la, Aft all Nt him give birth wat!!!

Xuanmin,

Jia you but really dangerous to keep bb inside, then take bb out better, check wif gynae the odds of each....

Baobaolin,

Wow u still can help sil bbsit! Haha, Gd chance to PRactise ya.... Sometimes it's veri difficult to say, bb nowadays r so smart.... U juz need to settle their needs to keep them from crying nonstop....no choice.... Juz bear in mind, that stage / phase will b over soon....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly,

How's

Ur moomoo job? Did u eat anything to intake milk production or it juz comes itself?

Sh.. - yup.. Cos sil n bil was busy with their shop.. So I kpo and helped. Mad exhausted I swear.. He almost ate half my patience. Haha! My son must be jealous i carried his 'korkor' all the way. Kept kicking me lo! Can't wait for my d day!! :)

Xuanmin hang in there if no choice just deliver bb early. Can u do wat dolly did? Eat some durians or chick soup to boost bb weight these few days.

Dolly/ apple : my doc ask me to stop durians say it may be the cause for the weight gain in bb!!

SH... All the best to u too. Dun be angry not good for bb. Just try n get your hb to talk to MIL again lah.

Re: cut or tear during delivery

Most gynaes will snip u slightly to allow for bb to exit during natural delivery some super prob natural gynae may let u tear naturally. I was snip during my #1 's delivery n took a while to recover from it n was painful too. Been reading up n seems like natural tear is better n healing process is faster n less painful too. But then natural tear may end up uneven or may tear to rectum so ur gynae need to be experience n assess it on the spot. Some ghnae will just naturally snip u w/o wauting to see if bb can go through. I am just glad that mygynae will allow me to expand naturally n see if there is a need to cut or if i can tear naturally before she action n this is def more natural n less recovery n pain for me do n i will leave it to her to decide.

Baobaolin sometime the only way to sooth a cranky bb ix to bao bao them no choice leh not tat u want you want go indulge n bao bao all the time.

Sh...wah so exciting! You wanted your gal to wait till today so korkor and meimei same birthday right? All the best, have a fast, smooth and no-pain delivery! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sh, so far so good, i only take treadfin for milk... i'll express my bm out if my bb can't finish it. 1/4 of my freezer has been filled... my girl also taking my ebm as what the LC advised me to do so in order to build up her resistance too...

starfruit, then you got to stop durian le...

Hi mummies,

I'm trying to descale my new avent sterilizer tdy. Tot of using lemon juice as I saw some of u are doing but the instruction manual write can only use their citric acid or vinegar if not will damage the machine. Is it true?

I like the method of using lemon juice. Can use? How to use? Heard there's ratio or sthg?

Morning mummies!

Sh:- can I ask, why can't buy daily fresh foods?? Isit becos confinement or gt what link??

Xuanmin:- Don't stress, its nt good for ur baby too.. Think of positive things & outcome. A healthy baby that is..

Xuanmin don't think so much try to relax.. I agree chocolate can boost bb activeness my girl will kick alot everytime I eat chocolate.. Anyway my no1 was born 35weeks too and ONI weigh 1.8kg he need not have to stay nicu and discharge same day as me so u don't worry so much k ur bb migh be just fine.. And not to mention I think my no1 is picking up things faster den my no2 N alOt of kids his age.. Even his Childress teacher is saying he very smart and cunning know how to trick his teacher in sch

Split, it is true, I rem since young ive heard that premies are usually very smart.

Recently I read that babies with lower birth weight usually have more active right brain, maybe that explains why.

starfruit - I have not been eating durian for awhile..I think I stopped at 33wk. So far my bb's growth is normal infact, consider smaller size than #1. U gotta stop too or else difficult for natural birth if bb too huge.

Sh, excited ler..hope u have smooth delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xuanmin, r u warded for delivery or just monitoring? I guess u r too stressful. Try to cut down house chores eventhough u r at home.

iloveparis, didn't hear from u for awhile..good to hear that your bb is back home with u. How do u find Dr T Tan? He is great rite??

fresh produce - I actually agreed with Sh and starfruit..even we buy everyday fr fresh market, doesn't necessary all items are fresh supplies! Eg. cod fish & salmon - all the way fr Norway, without frozen? Cannot be rite?

Poultry & meat - even not frozen, also chilled.

Angie - ginger can keep for 4-6wks if sun properly after getting fr market. I'm bought the 1st batch 2kg for brewing red dates tea and also bathing. I'll buy more if needed thereafter.

Xuanmin: how are u? Everything under control le ma? Do not fear, mummies here has testimonial who has premiers yet do not need nicu. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u must Jia you.

Baobaolin: hi! Welcome! Whao.. Carrying an infant at late pregnancy yet survive thru the night, I must say u must have stamina!! I dun think I can do it sia. I'm waddling instead of walking already...

Split: Haaaha. I like the way how u say ur son is cunning to trick u guys and teacher..

Jus purchase sesame oil and some confinement food.. Wah, can feel inflation. Lol. Everything goes up.

I also believe premmie are smarter & strong! My cousin, a premmie and borned on lunar 7th month 15th day - he is a Shell scholar, not only that he also awarded Queen Elizabeth prize award during his days at Imperial College.

So those mummies who has premmie & gone thru pre-term labour and also those might have chance getting pre-term bb, be brave and strong..think positively.

CloudPoem, haha..confinement ingrediants price really inflated!! I already bought min coz I order confinement meals, but still spent few hundred bucks. Talking about the bathing herb, 5yrs back $1 a pack, now $2

Hi ladies, been quite some days since I checked the thread. Hope everyone is doing great =) 

For those who already knew, my boy has been discharged last fri =) 

This weekend been busy with continuing the preparation for meimei and also looking thro recipes to nourish my boy. Nt much time left to Edd and I am running out of time!!!

Dolly,

Think u cater confinement meals better. At least ur maid wldnt b overwhelmed with so many things. Preparing the ingredients, cooking and the washing can take up quite alot of time too.

Re: jaundice

Food like ginger, sesame oil and Herbs may worsen the jaundice. Try to cut down as much as possible.

I also hope to bfeed my #1 with any excess for my bm. To be frank, bfeed babies are really healthier...I bfeed my boy till 2 and he seldom far sick or even if he does, he recovers v fast.

Starfruit,

For my #1, I also requested my gynae nt to cut me. However, he commented that it will be better to cut as sometimes natural tear may be even more painful and larger than cutting.

Kristle,

Woohoo! U dilated already! Now is waiting game. Sometimes dilution may take a week also. All the best =)

Baobaolin,

Welcome to the thread =)

hmmm, did u took any wrong food that may cause the ls??

Iloveparis,

Congras that ur baby is now hm with u. Enjoy the bonding =)

Some babies tend to be more sleepy. My #1 was like tat and it will take a long time to feed him. No choice, got to keep waking him, tickle his mouth to get him to suckle.

Jane, 

Lucky ur fever n shivering went off. Pls take care of urself ya. Ya, I heard cold cabbage will cause the decrease in milk supply so I try to avoid cold cabbage as much as I can.

Xuanmin,

*hug* as parents, we can't stop worrying abt our kids, from the moment we conceived till the last breathe we take. Take care and since nw u are in hospital, u know u will be in gd hands.   

Sh,

U delivering today!? Wah! All the best and have a smooth n fast delivery! Waiting for ur updates! Hehehe.

Moo mum,

I heard abt preemie being smarter too! I hAve friends who kids are preemies and they are indeed v smart and learn v fast.

Starfruit - saw the way they took care of him. Kept carrying. Maybe being first time grandparents. But now gives the parents headache.

Sh.. - have a safe n smooth delivery! All the best! :)

Cloudpoem - I almost gone crazy when he cried so badly for milk n when I'm done he'd fell asleep. My husband's auntie was helping me as well if not I really can't handle him alone with my bb being so active inside me as well..

Val - I didn't.. Ate the same food as my husband n he's totally alright..

Didn't have a good sleep again.. Running toilet 2times within an hour lo.. Plus the Backaching down to my legs.. Need massage badly.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] just now when I wake up to pee, my v area felt like something poking me mad painful that I couldn't stand up.. Gave me a big shock.. Dued date drawing nearer making me so nervous..

Baobaolin, u can try taking diary products..if still LS means u need to take medicine for stomach upset. If no effect on diary products then it is sign of labour which u r clearing your bowel now.

Val - I suggest u brew cordyceps for your boy to nourish his health. So far, I find cordyceps the best remedy for children & preg. Fu Hua having promo, 20% discount good time to stock up.

Apple - I did took dairy products once in a while.. No more LS since yesterday 7pm.. I'm afraid about the clearing bowels for labour. Still got 2weeks to full term.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I see no wonder my no1 so cheeky his eq also very high infront of us will said he love us more den his nainai infront of his nainai said he love nainai kore den us.. At 2 he already a gd liar he wanna stay at his nainaI house den he lie to us said if he stay at my place nainai will get angry den when he go back to my mil housE my mil ask him y don't wanna stay at mummy place he tell my mil cuz daddy don't want him disturb.. I still angry with my mil at first den is my maid that tell me the truth cuz he made my maid bring him to my mil house.. After that incident I purposely ask him infront of his nainai y he lie he just keep quiet and pretend to be busy wiu his drawing... See he is so cunning right

Tks all mummies for ur well wishes! I've popped this evening n juz got over the nausea feeling from epi! Feel so much aft vomiting.

This rd only took 6 hrs compared to 12 hrs in rd 1.

Asked for single rm but no rm! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] super sian. My neighbor's family juz went Hm when visiting hrs is till 830pm only!!! Tv on super loud n talk super loud... Great headache when I'm recovering my after effects of epi!

Now wondering when nursery will push bb to me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sh, congrats! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u chose single rm but given double rm. So price u pay single or double? Btw, how come all of a sudden went into hospital? What signs? N how many weeks? So whats bb weight? If u want bb, just buzz the nurse n ask them to bring. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi hi mommies, really cant sleep these days. Anyway, dont know if u already know (if u r using iphone), there r free applications tt u can download to help u time ur contractions.

good morning mummies...

aiyo that wad i worried when if i take a 2 bedded at TMC.. a snoring and noisy neigbour... but i scare to stay in hospital alone leh.. hubby need to attend to my no.1.. so cannot stay with me.. anyway 3D 2 N only.. endure.. haha...

this week, my little gal will be full term.. hee.. my BH seem like suddenly tone down.. last few weeks its horrible.. but now the water retention in finger and feet making me so clumsy.. arrrggghhh.. hope it wont get worst...

Morning mummies:

Blurlemon: same!! My contractions also sudden tone down and not really intense since yest.. Maybe Bb has 'drop'? Still can feel her movement.

I'm taking 2 bedded too. I scared sleep early in hosp. My prev 2 was 2 bedded too. Ok la. My neighbors were all pleasant.. :D

Something happen last night. I brought my girl out for a gathering and my maid use the chance to talk to my hubby. Cry and cry and say I finding faults with her. I jus got over with my work stress and at home, still need to face her problems. When she don't understand, She doesn't ask and do other things. Her English is horrendous and doesn't answer right to my questions. Hmmm, should I Change maid? When I'm due anytime? Or should I tolerate?

Hi all,i'm from the feb 2011 thread. i do have a medela swing single pump letting go at $200. (bought it at $299)

-electric/battery for daily use

-rarely used

-warranty is valid till feb 2012

anyone interested can email me: [email protected]

cloudpeom, hope i can get pleasent neighbour too.. haha best is some one we know in the forum.. keke...

maid, for me i will endure her first till confinement is over... cos changing a new one wont confrim will get a better one.. and the stress of training maid again.. maybe u can try toking to her.. hopefully she can understand...

Good morning mummies..a wet Monday morning!!

blurlemon & CloudPoem, it is really restless & disturbed if the 2-bedded room's neighbour is inconsiderate! I'm crossing my fingers, praying that during my d-day I get single bedded room straight from admission. Don't want to go thru the nitemare again!! This time I also need to sleep alone coz hb needs to go back and accompany my #1.

CloudPoem, U can scout for maid biodata and shortlist now, it takes 4-5wks for new maid to get into SG. The process a lil difficult now. I think your maid is full of nonsense..if don't understand & never ask, what she expects? The work get done by itself??

Last nite almost 1am I went to kitchen drink water and I saw my maid's chicken dish & tomatoes left on the kitchen stove never keep in fridge. I went to her room and wake her up..tell her the dishes never keep in fridge, tmr morning will be rotten!! She blur blur ask me what tomato soup, I said "u get up now and see..don't ask me."

WTS

Natal Care Plus (400mg): Each box of 30 capsules at $14.00 (U.P. $16.05)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8470/img1140sx.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5936/img1141e.jpg

Natal Care Triplus (625mg) : Each box of 30 capsules at $28.00 (U.P. $32.10)

BALANCE 10 BOXES OF TRIPLUS ALL RESERVED.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6593/img1190o.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2861/img1191u.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9746/img1160a.jpg

All boxes with Expiry 2013.

Bought too many from Dr Adrian.

================================================

An Australian specially balanced formulation that helps fulfill DHA requirement for fetal / baby brain development, and optimizes the brain development of the fetus and infant.

The core element in NATAL CARE PLUS - Natural Fish Oil - contains DHA and EPA, which is particularly needed during pregnancy and lactation. Apart from that, NATAL CARE PLUS also contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate the negative impact of free radical formation, and increase normal cell function.

================================================

Cash on pick-up/delivery @ Jurong East or Raffles Place.

Kindly PM or leave SMS at 9 876 1872.

Thanks all and have a safe pregnancy!

tks all mummies for your well wishes.....

din slp well at all last nite! mt a had no more single rm...last nite n i gt no choice but to choose 2 bedded. the nieghbour was so inconsiderate! visit hrs ends 830pm her family members when back at 10! and i came out of delivery suit at 7+pm suffering the post epi effects....super xin ku....still on tv till so loud. it was showing channel 8 awards ceremony with the loud claps n shouts sounds!

told nurse but nurse say tell them already they still don leave. juz gt to please nurse to tell them 1 more time.

i tot after the family left i can hv peace, end up she cant slp she get up to bath at 1am! n guess wat, she bath for 1 hr till 2am!

seow! water spraying sound really lasted for 1 hr till i scare something happen to her n i ask nurse to check on her....

(hope she's nt a may11 mummy to read this post...hahaha)

NOW WAITING for pple to discharge n i can change to 1 bedded. a bit nt worth cos nurse say still charge 1 bedded package but room charge will change from 1 bedded to 2 bedded for 1st nite only.

but i think no choice la, i still gt to change if not meet an unpleasant neighbour again.

kaykay,

nt cant buy frsh food, is save the time n efforts to go mkt everyday....everyone will be busy here n there so no need to go mkt everyday i think.

apple,

the bathing herbs i buy $2.40 per pack! somemore i buy in bulk 10 packs... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dolly,

bb weighs 2.8kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] gd weight to give birth, her korkor was 3.2kg previously n i had a hard time pushing him out.

blurmon,

i oso tot endure but its my last chance of a gd staycation. so really pain pain pay for it la. after tonite i wont hv a straight gd slp liao.

cloudpoem,

hope ur maid can don give u further prob till ur full mth. sigh!

me gonna ask for bb now to do bf again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sh: on dear, How can the mummy be so 不自动?sue might have feel better Cux she 2nd night after delivery but not for u who is 1st night.. If I were u, I would shout 'excuse me, but can u lower down alittle? I may need a little rest' if the family wanna watch the award shows, can watch at home wad, why crowd in the room to watch? :x

Oh ya, sh.. Ur Bb is how many weeks than come our? Is brastfeeding ok so far?

Re:maid

This morning, she don't dare to seer eye-to-eye.. Think I endure and mOnitor first till Bb full month. Hubby has intention of changing too.. So emo and keep crying.. Arrive less than 3 months, spoil my ceiling fan, got gastrIc admit to hops. Than now my handheld phone also got problem. Was telling hubby, at the rate she's spoiling our things, I can upgrade my hospital stay to super deluxe room liao... Sian.

Oh ya, mummies,

Any mummy bring breastpump to hosp?

sh, wow that mummy power lah.. still can bath somemore at 1am.. faintz.. is she angmoh?

i can understand.. cos last round i also place in 2 bedded for a few hours b4 they tranfer me to single bed.. and my neighbour hor.. the TV like nv off one.. even on headphone the sound is so loud... buay tahan... i just pray that i will have a nice neighbour this time.. as even in single room, my hubby cannot accompany me.. so no pt.. REN REN REN.. keke...

Back