(2011/05) May 2011

blurlemon, get the lanolin cream.. medela carries it and its 100% lanolin. its suppose to be most effective and safe for bb as compared to reg nipple crem.

Dolly, like what auroa say, bb are very clever, they will auto correct just dun let him carry on chomping on your nipples, if he dun latch properly, u just pull and unlatch immediately. after a fe tries, they will get it right.

Wow seems like quite a no. of mummies wanna quit after ML :p

starfruit - no prob, I'm trying to add to cart now. As u provided item # it is easier..link sometimes abit crazy

I'm using Medela nipple cream, the yellow small tube. So far so good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Dolly,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about this.. sigh.. think i cannot get the rebate already. The new maid is under my hubby's name cos we thought let him do all the paperwork then i can fully concentrate on resting during pregnancy and after. After that then told by colleague if under hubby's name, cannot claim levy rebate at all.

Expenses all increase now.. can imagine next time with baby coming...

By the way, really happpy for you that your bb is with you now and with all odds gone, i'm sure you can brave thru the breastfeeding and all in future! Jia you!!

bunny, i tot so long as got kids at home, mother is working can claim the rebate on levy le? better check with ur agency..

bunny: I think wife can claim levy even tho maid under hb's name. At least this is wat I've been doing for past few yrs

how much is the levy now? heard from HR the FW levy going to increase.. wondered will it affect us or not hor...

Hi apple & blurlemon: thanks for the rePly.. Ya, I have been thinking of leaving but I stayed on for my kids benefit..

But the main concern is... If I'm breastfeeding, I need to pump when I'm working. Unless the new coy is supportive, if not, I gotto stay on and work under them..

They don't pay well and I need to work till 10pm on most days. Sometimes weekends also have to work..

Hoping to find 1 that is more office hrs and family friendly hrs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] good luck to us!

cloudpoem, wow 10pm then u got no time for your bb... for me i rather formula feed my bb but have more bonding time with her...

anyway for me i intend to BF my gal for 16wks.. then hopefully will bulid enough supply for storage for another 2 month..

i wan to change job mainly bcos this co need us to work on sat.. and i feel not enough time for family...

Apple, auroa, starfruit & blur, will try it out later but now he needs to admit a & e. My hb told me that he has exceed the jaundice level, if he's a full term bb, he will be fine...

Blur, currently I'm paying $170. Don't think so it Applies to domestic worker.. It increase on special pass...

dolly is ur bb blood group different from urs? i was told that is common for bb to have jaundice if mummy blood group is different from bb one..both my boys have jaundice and was admitted 2days after discharge too..dont worry so much ur boy will be fine..try to rest at home while bb in hospital..

split, not true leh... my girl had high jaundice at day 3 (after birth) and she's the same blood group as me leh.

I just tried and finished the NE trial meal. Wow, the portion is really big. I can't finish the rice and meat but finished the vegs and soup. Think during confinment i shd be able to finish all bah except for the rice (seems like 2 person portion). Taste wise is good and dun feel salty/overwhelming ginger smell/taste too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh, NE also have the Red Dates Longan Tea included in the trial. Was wondering just now wat was it.. thought they gave me the gravy for the rice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Blurlemon, irregardless u r working mum or the maid is under ur name or hb, so long ur child is citizen u r entitle to discounted levy @ $170.

I think u probably mistaken is the income tax rebate for working mum rite? So long ur household is having maid n u have young children who is citizen u gets the rebate.

morning mummies~

had a horrible night..woke up at 2am to puke but finally went back to sleep..think i'll be leaving office early today...

BF:

The prenatal class LC told us that cracked nipple can be avoided. You need to latch on properly to BF the baby. if only suck on nipple that's where the problem comes in. If that happens, un-latch and re-latch again. if sore/cracked nipple occurs, apply BM ard the nipple and let it air dry before you wear your bra. HTHs.

Dolly, you must take care of yourself k~ you are also weak after giving birth~

Dolly, it is pretty common to hv jaundice, don't think bcoz he is premmie. U can express n bring to him if u didn't get to stay in hospital w him.

Auroa, NE portion quite big. Especially the rice & meat. Can feed another person if mummy is small eater.

apple, ya, u r right.. i checked w carol whether i can let my girl eat but she advised not to as its' too heaty.. maybe i will share the rice w her but ask my mum to cook other dishes for her during my confinement.

i mean 1 of the reason was becuz of different blood group but is still common for bb to have jaundice i guess so dont worry so much k dolly..ur boy will be fine and in gd hand of the nurses..

I am not too sure also..some said can claim the maid's levy even if under husband's name. My hubby said he will check with the agent tonight. If you have a baby, the levy will be $170. Haven't heard of any increase yet. But I think they are modifying some rules in April, the loan repayment issue is on of them. Seems like for new maids this mth, employer can only deduct 2 mths of their pay, the rest of their loan we must pay ourselves. Would be ex by then.

My new maid came and spoilt some new stuff at home, plastic homeware which has been under gd care when hubby n me used. 2nd day she broke it. I duno how..hmm..Got to buy again new stuff.

Her sleeping time is 10pm everyday and last night I saw that she was not sleeping. Walked in to check if she was alright. She was writing on a piece of papers some numbers.. 1 to 10 randomly.. i wonder what is that. hmm..

She was taking some medicine on the 2nd day, she said she has headache. The med is in Malay. I don't know what is that. 2nd day I asked her, she said she is ok. Sorry, I v paranoid and worried about newcomer in my hse. Feel weird. But have to admit she is of help, everyday washing things..higher water bill next mth i guess too.

Dolly, don't worry abt jaundice k.. i'm a jaundiced bb last time too. I heard not to eat too much ginger & yellow food during confinement to reduce the yellow too.

bunnymum, it is common when u see maid spoilt your things at home! My old maid even spoilt my front load washing machine which costs $1.3k to replace! And she is not new when the machine spoilt..it was due to careless + act smart! And I have countless experience for the past 5.5yrs having maid spoilt my household stuffs like standing fan, microwave oven, non-stick pan..bla bla countless

I realised be it Indon or Phil, they like to scribble on their notebook, be it numbers or some funny words. It could be releasing stress, or counting their $$ or days working in SG.

Just now before I went out having lunch with my fren, I was very mad with my maid coz she always like to act smart and never follow instructions properly..reminded her x time but still on off like that. By having maid no doubt is helping us, but then again they also create a lot of stress and problem to us!

ask u all hor.. do u have a schedule for maid that can share with me.. my new maid coming on 21 apr.. last time that maid i give her own time own target.. and end up she just happily nap when my son nap.. sleep like 12 hours a day.. super good life... so now i wan to set rule.. so she can do house work while bb is sleeping.. not sleep togather...

hi mummies,

my tummy suddenly became very very itchy since yesterday (now at 34wks).. any thing to apply can cure?? ahh... cannot stand the itchness...

put stretch mark cream? endure.. maybe the skin tooo stretched and dry..

bluelemon, maid from Phil and Indon? I got English & Malay version..can share with u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PM me your email ya!

mummies, how much coconut water we muct take now? once a week? or can take a few time each week?

i felt very warm n hot everyday ... hope can drink more cool coconut water .. keke

Melody, spread stretchmark cream or oil..I think oil works better. Don't scretch..or else u will regret! I scretched during #1 and left me with ugly scar!

melody~ try lotions/creams/oils..different pdts work for different ppl. i tried the stretchmark cream and it failed horribly - itchy + rash. now i use avojuice by OPI and steamcream. if you want the stretchmark oil I've got 1 BN one to let go cheap =) PM me if you want? I work at Bishan so u can pick up here or at Kallang where I stay k? YES! Don't scratch it!~

Ling: I feel very warm too lei but I only dare to take 1 a week. After I hit 36 weeks maybe I'll go for 2 a week~

Came back from Kkh, the dr from a&e claimed that he's ok.. But advised us to go back tomorrow & have blood test check again... Poor thingy..

Ling - I also feel warm after coming back from town. Hmm..so far I'm very kiasi type, so I only take coconut water once a week :p never increase my intake till I deliver the last round. This time, I started 2 weeks ago, also once a week but I never finished the whole, I shared with my girl.

mine is phil.. anyway i just need to know roughly wad to ask them do.. cos dun wan overwork them.. yet dun wan let them better life than me... haha

dolly, at least DR say he's ok... dont worry too much.. most asian bb will hv jaundice ...

my sil put the baby near the window, dont need to go under the sun ... help also ...say the sunlight also hv the special light ... but b careful of sunlight, might b too strong for them, especially these few days so hot ...

Apple, this morning the doc from polyclinic refer him to Kkh a&e to diagnose... I'm not sure if those docs @ children a&e are pd?

Ling, thanks!

Melody,

Hope you are not using the Cocoa Butter Stretchmark cream, as many people have complained of allergic reaction to it, makes skin feels itchy and causes rashes.

Im currently using Mustela Stretchmark Cream. Works wonders for me. I bought it at kiddy palace but many places also sell this brand.

Apple: oh no...mine also very itchy n I kept stretching....didn't know it will cause stretch mark le...

Iloveparis: I m also using tt..wonder if that is the one that cause my itchiness...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly: poor thing...hope he will be ok soon!

Btw just came back from checkup...bb is 2.8kg at 36weeks...but the edd fluctuate a lot lately..any mummies experience that too?

Angie make sure its not the PUPP condition monitor if rash gets bad pls go see ur doc. Stop all stretch mark cream n if need to use cream go for those for sensitive skin like sebamed etc.

Dolly if need to sun Pls only sun in the morning before 10am. Anything after tat is too strong for the bb n will bun their skin. No need to put under direct sun in the shade next to the sun can already. Pls take care.

sunflower: ohh...ya I went back see the ultrasound photo then realise the edd was a week later...scare me...haa

starfruit: thanks! Ya usually my skin is not sensitive...my hb say so ugly lo keep scratcing...like monkey...haa...ya I think I better stop using...tot itchy then use to ease the itchiness...nv tot it might be the cream which causes itchiness.

Angie - get a bottle of Johnson baby oil if the itch still persist. Stop using cocoa butter. Or else, u can still can invest a bottle of Clarin oil.

Dolly - ic ic..your hb brought your boy to polyclinic, no wonder they refer u to to KKH A&E. Actually u shd go straight to KKH or any PD nearby since he still so young.

If u intend to sun him tmr morning, pls use a hanky to cover his eyes.

dolly

Were you told by the doc at kkh to rent the machine / photo-theraphy thingy? I had to rent one for my gal the last time cos her jaundice level is too high...end up paying more than $500++ to rent. But quite good, jaundice level was brought down quite fast. She was off the machine after 2/3 days. Can't rem.

Back