(2011/05) May 2011

Val - Soup is pretty easy to prepare just need few hours of brewing time. Btw, u can request for a trial meal from both Newbaby & NE if not mistaken. NE u can ring up, talk to Carol, she is a nice lady, tell her u want a trial and arrange with her. I'm returned customer, she said I entitle some discount.

Auroa - I also do away the full month celebration for #2. We discussed, maybe gonna have a good sumptious meal at restaurant or hotel with immediate family members instead of inviting frens & relatives and arrange catering bla bla @ our place. As I'm quite particular about hygiene and so on..I very mad the last round when guests carrying bb while eating or some even went to my room @$$%^&*

blurlemon,

wldnt do tat as my dad has too many projects on hand so i dun wan to make him wake up earlier just to brew soup for me. if just asking my mum to brew soup is nt a prob but nt to cook a decent confinement meal for me and then having to cook separate dinner for my boy also.

so for convenient sake, i will just order confinement meals with soup then i just drink home brewed soup as extra =P

apple,

yes. brew soup is easier than cooking a decent confinement meal. so my mum or myself can do tt. anyway, NE early bird package discount already nt bad le.

hahaha. tats why i nv do baby shower or party at my own place! coz i cant stand ppl going into my room and sitting on my bed! =P

dolly,

i think i will go for huggies nb this time rd since they have urine indicator.

val, actually i wanted to carry my bb and not let them carry but some of their relatives side said dun care.. since already here, must carry and sort of "snatch it away fr my hands".. i feel so helpless and somemore my mil can "block" infront of me to prevent me to do anything further.. i feel so helpless and angry for not able to help my poor little girl.. when seeing her face so "red" (she cried non-stop n they passed it to me).. once i calmed her down, the "snatching" game continiues.. arrugh.

apple, ya, they particually eat everywhere and mess up the place.. i leave the cleaning to my CL and hubby as i already got my hands full trying to settle my girl.. even next day, i still can feel the floor oily (some relatives spill food on the floor). I just told my CL to mop the floor again but i think she's not happy abt it as she told me tat she already done it yesterday. Haiz.

Me also planning to order fr NE but haven place my order w them yet.

aiyio...auroa,reading ur story..although my mil is ok type & has experience with NB, im wondering to hv full mth at her place for her relatives...keke..i dun mind mil carry bb..but i oso like u all dun like d idea where everyone jus 1 2 carry ur bb etc...i prefer to let bb lie on a rocker then everybody jus look at bb...so sian...bb 1st mth...stil v fragile leh..& like carrying ard from 1 hand to another hand...hmm...i oso really dun like..+ like wat apple say too...hygiene etc...& dirty ur hse...hehehe....

but mine is 1st bb leh...hai....

Val, GWP durian pastry is on gg 1 rite? not like a promo thinggy hor..i heard raves abt it..but hvn tried it...im not a very durian person in d past..except for some durian mooncakes but duno y after reading u all feast on durian i oso feel like having loads...kekekeke...

auroa,

i was quite bad la coz i rejected when ppl ask to carry. so i say baby is slpping soundly i dun wan to wake her up when she is being passed ard. and then i just walk away w/o giving ppl a chance to say anything more =P better dun learn frm me =P

if u place order 1mth prior to ur edd, can entitle to early bird discount so if u wan to place order, rem to do it 1mth earlier.

muddpie,

yes. GWP pastry is till june or july, cant really rem. its nt buffet style, is ala carte. think they have a combo value box. 1 item each of those new / legendary items to try out. i really like their durian strudel coz the filling is sooo thick lo. hehehe.

Kaykay/Xuanmin: wa both of u so hardworking...but I tot it is best not to drink so much water at night? I never thought of replenishing water for the amniotic fluid till u all mention le...I only drink more water when I m at home cos i can go toilet like 3-4 times outside after 1 drink and it is really exasperating finding toilet at times.

Dolly: when can u be discharged? Hope bb can move to nursery care soon.

Val: I hope more weight can be pump to yr bb gal too...eat one more round of durians before your next review?

Auroa: i will be very sian if I m u too...but good that u have let your hb handled...after all it is his family...he got a better stand too. But look on the bright side, at least his family wish to be involved which shows that they love their grandkids a lot, I have heard of some who dun even care.

Mudpie: ya I also prefer ppl jus look at him during the shower. Most prob I will do it at a clubhouse...at least I dun have to clean up and ppl can roam around freely n swim if they want to. I think at home is quite squeezy ESP when everyone come all tog at a padticular timing.

apple, val, i have ordered my confinement food yet. so how do they know when to start? i think will go NE for 1 week. if i still need, may order 1 more week or change the 2nd week fo Newbaby.

Val, actually soup quite easy, just make sure u have a pot of soup all the time. use whole chicken or half a chicken, can add wolfberries and red dates.. if u want add those small ginseng (can get from medical hall) 1 or 2pieces can already. the rest of the dishes, just normal dish is ok, steam fish, chicken with lots of ginger and seasame oil and sire fry veggie, goot to eat snow peas, dun eat ikan bilis, dried shrimps etc and liang type of veggie like spinach and kang kong.

actually dishes is quite simple,a ll we need is the nourishing soup. U can have steam eggs too which is quite nourishing. this is also why i do away w/o CL this time and get mum or MIl to cook and helper to clean the house.

auroa, ya as long as u made ur stand, no need to explain any more. i will still do a full mth but a simple small celebration lor. nothing major.

Dolly, hang in there, and hope bb gets to normal nursery soon. u take care too and build up your strength. u discharging soon? or will be staying back with bb?>

dolly, any idea when bb can be discharged? anyway good to keep him for a few more days cos jaundice may also spike during this time.

mudppie, the passing ard is something tat irriates and moreever, if pp visits and are sick (like my mil), they still wants to carry yr bb and they dun care whether will pass it to the bb too (my mil tells me never mind and said tat she's recovering fr her flu and wun pass it to bb... feels like slapping her face) u might want to discuss w yr hubby what's the best option.. i kind of like val's way of handling them bcos fr tat day onwards, esp my inlaws who wants to carry her (even sick, worse still is after they visited my niece who's having HFMD and shortly my niece also caught chicken pox and can come up my place to request to carry my girl.. luckily i stopped them fr touching her)), i dun let them carry her unless they are seated down. i can't think wat will happen to a bb which is less than 6mths to be sick w HFMD or chicken pox lor). Moreever, my mil is tat clumspy type and almost dropped my nephew to the floor while she was busy chatting w her relatives during my nephew's full mth celebration.. accordingly to her, she forgot tat she's carrying my nephew and opened her hand (too engosed in her conversation tat she forgot tat she's carrying a bb).. my bil's face so black and carried the bb into the rm and asked his mum to stay inside the rm and probits any1 from entering. We always very scared whenever she carries bb as she will be rushing here and there and bumping here and there and can laugh abt it if she bumps the bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

val, must place 1 mth in advance to enjoy the early bird? ops, think i better start ordering liao.

Angie, it's just turn out tat my mil is the "controlling" type... wants every1 to listen to her but cannot fight back/voice out type.. the more she do it, the more resistant i will be. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jerejoy, thanks!

Updates from the nurse that they had just removed the tubing from my bb. He's suckling slowly, by 5pm if he can buck up. He will be move to the normal nursery.. So will just wait & see...

dolly, that's good news.. hope both of u can go home together [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angie,

yup. hope my gal will absorb more nutrients n weight...

starfruit,

this is wat i extracted from NE website:

"Q: But my due date is only an estimate. What happen if I deliver earlier or later ?

A: Once you have a confirmed booking , we will deliver the meal upon your request, even it is much earlier or later than the expected due date"

the thing is...my mum is nt comfortable with doing the cooking le....and i cant force her mah...my dad did offered to cook confinement dinner for me but i dun wan la coz aft his wk already so tired still nd to rush back n cook for me...so i rather save everyone the trouble la. initially i told my hb mayb i do the cooking myself la but he dun agree say he rather spend to get catered meals so i can rest or concentrate on looking aft the kids...

my dad has been trying hard to apply for the leave but really cant lo...and he then offered to engage CL and pay for it but i also dun wan...coz i dun need CL, i just need the meals mah...

so aiya, just go for catering la. coz i dun wan to be bothered by this anymore. =P

auroa,

i only found out abt the early bird discount when i checked out the caterers lo. heheheh.

dolly,

gd progress frm ur lit fighter =)

hope he will be move to normal nursery soon and u can latch on directly =)

just to ask, for the confinement food, how many days u gals ordering?

Me thinking either 20 days double for weekdays or 14 days double meals... thinking maybe weekends can try home cooked food by my mum (if she got time to cook for me) or need to eat every meal confinement food?

val, yr hubby is right... it's better for u to rest and concentrate on looking aft the kids.. it's very understanding of yr hubby to support u and u got a supportive family... envy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly, take a nap now.. have plenty of rest and will be able to cope w the bf and caring for yr bb later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

auroa: wah seh...ur mil dropped ur nephew...omg!!! duno is irresponsible or wat..i dun tink can use d word clumpsy on her...NB wor.dropped le. if bb cannot make it..then hw?omg...so scary leh..i tink if i were in ur BIL shoes..im not gg to bring bb back to mil hse anymore to visit them...but i tink hb say wil do a simple buffet at mil place.i actually dun feel like doing anything..hehe..very tedious & sian.if mil carry all d time is ok..but sometimes ppl wil wanna carry..& i duno if mil wil let them carry..mayb she will...

if i were u..i tink i oso insist i dun wanna do it for them..

Val, i tink i wil secretly buy durian ice cream near my hse d new mall..whahha...durian puff at GWP..i tink if after gynae visit in 2 wks..& if gynae say normal wgt..i shall bug hb to go buy..but if he reject me again..then vvv sian again...

dolly, dun worry, jiayou..bb wil b discharge v soon.. =)

Wow..I went to NEX for lunch again. And this time I tried the tim sum set lunch & order beancurb as dessert (bubble pearl is that u that told me to try out? Very nice indeed)

Mudpie - Go and try the combo set from GWP [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] am sure u will be addicted after that..hehe

Auroa - This time round I don't even allow my inlaws to stay at my place during my confinement. My hb has make it clear that they come when I'm doing full month. I don't the stress of seeing them, gotta entertain them while I bz with my moo moo career & looking after my kids!

I ordered 14 days(2 meals a day) fr NE & Newbaby. So total 28 days. And I also go for tingkat dinner for my maid. I don't want any cooking during the month of confinement except making soup & birdnest.

I tried to keep my kitchen oil free as possible coz am sure I'll be using the sink most of the time to wash my pump & bottles :p

Val - go for catering meals..it is easy and save all the trouble of cooking. Imagine u cook yourself, gotta clean the floor and stove after that..somemore oily! U gotta bath immediately after cooking. U gonna be very stress..pls don't

starfruit - U can start any time..if dinner, u can call them in the morning to arrange. If lunch, just call them a day earlier, they shd be able to make it for next day delivery.

Dolly - Good news! Your boy is progressing well..y not u extend your stay in hospital to accompany him?

apple: yup yup, nice nice hor! u make feel like having it for dinner today!

ladies, i was having 2xcontraction last for 10min and break for 5min in between, is this call Braxton Hick? i did not have this last time.

GWP: My office here got promo for it. They coming this fri, any mummies who attending the gathering want it? 20% off

Hi mummies,

i wonder what exactly is braxton hicks contractions? even though this is my 3rd pregnancy, but i feel so tired for this one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

is it the sudden tightening and pulling downwards of tummy? i had it quite frequent. my EDD is on 8th May. but growth scan showed 1st may.. hence i dont know which one should i rely on. dunno should i take maternity leave early, to rest at home.. but being at home with 2 kids can be no rest as well..

go work also zap my energy as i'm working in frontline. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] advise mummies?

val - some pil think that they are the "elders" and everyone have to listen/do what they say. Best is let your husband do all the talking, like what I doing now. Cos in the end, they will still listen to their own son. If dil do the talking, they will only think dil mei da mei xiao...

i also dun feel like having a baby first month celebration although is my 1st baby. Cos I was scared after I saw my sil's baby 1st month celebration. Those relatives' kids(my husband side) keep wanting to carry the baby as if the baby is a toy. Some more I feel my pil dun even know how to carry a nb. They carry the baby vertically only holding the armpit of the baby, where the backbone of the nb is very fragile. I really afraid they might carry my baby this way...

bubblepearl...u got 20% off ah? hehe...im gg for d gathering on fri...if u dun mind..can i lobang..keke...hw does it work ah? if not u can pm me..keke

apple...hahaha...i let u noe if i wil get addicted to it anot..LOL...i abit dilemma, wanna boost up bb wgt abit..cos i see u all bb weighing 2+kg liao..but m afraid if i feast on durian..wgt gg up like crazy...hehe...i hope durian dun give me all d xtra wgt...hehe..

auroa,

i will be getting double meals for 28days. my dad will cook weekend for me if i dun like the food. also, he will brew more soup for me coz soup also fluid, gd to take more fluid.

ya, my hb is indeed v supportive when he wans to =) n am glad my parents arent calculative =)

dolly,

v soon u will get to cuddle and bfeed him. meanwhile, quickly go n get some rest so u have energy to look aft him when he is ready =)

mudppie,

ya. go n grab some durian ice cream =)

i will see how the next gynae visit goes before i go n grab more durians or durian pastry. hehehe.

apple,

ya. will go for catering meals coz easier n more convenient lo. then i can spend the time on mooing and still have time for #1.

dun mind me asking, why u decide to order frm newbaby and NE and not from 1 caterer?

bubble pearl,

for BH, its the the hardening of the tummy.

for contractions, i exp some lately. v crampy feel at the abdomen then spread to lower back.

CloudPoem,

my edd is 11 may but during 1 of the scan, it show 18may, kena pushed back by a week due to the size of my baby. I checked with my gynae he says nvm the date, just stick to edd and dun worry too much.

if u really feel u need a rest before #3 comes along, just take ML and rest lo. anyone at hm or elders can help u look aft ur kids?

Mudpie: no problem, here is what they are offering. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5301833.jpg]

Val: oic! I still blur blur tot it is BH! I also have BH.

I dun dare to feast on durian now after my gyna visit on last fri, week 34 at 2.5kg..think my #1 only 2.2kg at that time and when i deliver #1 was 3.2kg at natural w/o epi. Imagine if #2 keep on putting weight, i think will have difficulty to be natural w/o epi.

WhiteCherry,

yes u r right. some elders do think like tat but for me, i will still tell them the same but in a polite way coz i dun wan to give in unwillingly and make myself unhappy just to "obey" them.

sometimes i think its quite hard for the hubby to tell his own relatives/parents also coz he may find it hard to reject them and they may tend to "nag" at him than at the wife mah =) mayb depends on the hubby la but my hb find it hard to reject his folks so i rather be the bad guy =)

bubble pearl,

hahahah! my #1 birth weight 3.7kg (w/o epi) and caught us by surprise as a few days before during the visit only 3.2kg. anyway, i nt greedy, meimei dun nd to be 3.7kg, 3kg i v happy le. kekeke.

anyway, hb's support v impt. He keep telling me no epi and keep brainwashing me so i manage to deliver without epi or laffing gas =)

Val - Newbaby can deliver to hospital while NE can't. So I opt for both..

Y I need confinement meal while @ hospital rite? I'm c-sec, egg, chicken..bla bla can't consume. So I got limited choice for hospital meals.

Another reason is Newbaby has "pork kidney" in the menu and NE doesn't have that. And I don't take liver :p hehe

apple,

ah! okok. So u opting for confinement meals in the hosp too. I rem u mentioned ur hosp dun provide confinement meals but it didnt cross my mind u ordering for hosp stay also. hehehe.

Whitecherry: what i did was, i told my PIL if they want celebration ok, but do it at their place and need to cook confinement food for me cos i am doing confinment for 40days. My hb know my pattern, i will not do too much. all i need is their understanding. I told my pil i dun need celebration for my family as we will only give cake. think u need to talk to ur hb on ur concern.

Val: wah!! u are my idol, 3.7 kg leh w/o laffing gas..mine 3.2kg, i am already suffering.I was brainwashed by my colleagues who deliver w.o epi. keke

bubble_pearl-ya hv to discuss with my husband abt it also...

i also wanna try without epi, using only laffing gas, cos i so afraid of the needle/tube poking into my back

gosh im feeling so frustrated lately..been having contraction despite taking the medication..the effect seem to be wearing off and took longer to cool off my contraction..everytime having contraction will give me a very bad backache make me feel like breaking my bone..and i dont know if i should go hospital since after 1.5hr of taking the medicine it will usually cool off the contraction..sometime i wonder im having contraction or bh with the tightening of the tummy..and im scare of womb rupture yet i dont feel like going to hospital all the time..ahhhhh so headache

i hired a confinement lady coz it's my first and also first for both family and I wanted to do it in my own hse since my mil not very supportive of bf - i don't want the added stress..ahaha..I told my hubby also no one to visit me at the hospital only close family and my photographer friend. Other than that they can wait till I get home or after baby's first month~ my hubby know i'm serious about this..

u all very brave lei..i'll go for epidural still. but as of week 32 baby's head haven't turn down so also have to see how already....

Split when is ur edd? Maybe u wanna do lile wat dolly did. Boost bb weight more incase really come early.

Val/apple think will go order soon. My crtical period is the first 2 weeks cos new bb with toddler so told MIL we min cooking esp for me n cater instead. If need we also cater tingkat for the family too. Will start with 1 meal or 2 meals for the 1st week. Then extend to 2 nd week for 1 meal uf i need。 i wanna try 2 diff caterers so will have variaty.

V my bb alsi not head down yet n my gynae already asking me to do crawling n butt lift to encourage her to turn. But 32 wks a bit early to turn leh. Did ur doc ask u to do anything?

Hello mummies, haven posted for a while, been veri busy with work. My grandam a passed away last wed, was busy at e wake till yest. Then yest my boi sick, fever, running nose & phlegmy cough, all come tog, this am, 4+ puked. Super tired so take leave today.

These few days weather super duper hot, keep sweating, even Zz, half way thru the nite wil wake up in sweat even wif e aircon. Been quite lazy not doing anything these days, haven packed my emergency bag too... Oso haven washed e bottles & breast pump acc. Telling myself by this weekend gotta get all these done.

Dolly,

Congrats! hope ur little one wil b at norm ward soon.

Novi, no need to envy~ 31 weeks 1.5 ok la..baby will boom in size one. mine grew 800grm in like 4 weeks =) don't worrry...

Starfruit, nope he didn't ask me to do anything lei. I'm thinking of getting a massue to do it if she haven't turn head down this Friday (34 weeks). anyway my girl everything abit slower..hehehe..its ok..everyday ask her to turn head down lor. that's it~

I oso admire these wo epi. For my #1, my hubby oso initially ask mi try not to take epi but when he see mi in pain, he asked mi to take... So this time, likely will take, see how it goes....

I most likely will go mt a deliver instead of tmc, went for e hospital visit last week, feel quite comfortable & can really feel tat they veri pro bf

Went for chkup last fri, 35 wk, bb at 2.4 kg. Next visit in 10 days time...

Hi apple

Do you mean that when you order the confinement food, they will be able to cater to c-sect customer? My initial worries was since the menu are standard there will be items that I can't eat as well? Is there anyway that we can see the menu that they have for c-sect customer?

Dolly

that's a good news and bb may be going home with you :)

mudppie, actually i think full mth celebration is more for relatives/inlaws/etc a chance for gathering.. it's very tiring for me as i need to bf (imagine every 2hrs, i will "diappear" to the rm to bf and my mil can came knocking to my door to ask me to hurry up), entertain them, calm down my bb).. after my sisters came then i realised tat i din ate lunch.. my sisters hve to go and get food for me to eat.. no one bothers abt the mummy except for the bb lor... i think it's very hard to stop yr mil to let others carrying them... fr my relatives full mth celebration, the mummies normally leave the bb in the room (smart move) and probits others fr entering the rm and said tat bb sleeps most of the time (most relatives wun enter the master bedroom as they believes it's "dirty".. only the inlaws/parent are allowed to go in... maybe can discuss with yr hubby/mil tat bb still so young and might be frightened/overwhelmed/over-stimulate by so many pp.. can limit the no of pp tat comes in contact w pp lor and also need to consider tat u need a rm to bf too... btw, try to organise a short full mth celebration.. my side got lots of relatives and the celebration starts fr 11.30am till 8pm then ends (we catered lunch and dinner) It's too long and tiring liao.

apple, same feel.. i told my hubby tat i dun want his parents to come over while i'm doing confinement at my mum's place.. told him it's "confinment" and not "open-house visit" lor. my hubby said tat he din tell them tat i will be there.. he said tat he leaves it to me and he knows tat if he tells, he will get it fr me and also in June, he will be overseas trip, i told him not to add on to my load by entertaining his parents. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bubblepearl, any cramps feeling tat comes w the contractions? u contacted yr gynae abt it?

cloudpoem, tat's the exact feeling/pain tat i'm going thru for BH... i din hve it for my no1.

dolly, it's good news [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back