(2011/05) May 2011

kaykay,

there are a few causes to abdomen pains la. need to identify wat causes the pain in the first place. due to contraction or walk too much or coz uterus expanding etc...then find the remedy or ways to ease the pain or positions that will make u feel more comfortable.

Engaged means baby head is dwn le...baby will remains head down till arrival.

Kaykay

Yes, belly sudden becomes bigger by 7 mths like tat to be exact. Yes, engage as early as 6mths plus. And her babies (#1 same as my #1, and #2 just born a week ago), all engage at 6th mth onwards. And will not change position liao. Hers is engaged, not just change position ma like moving around. So its fixed lor. But, can be quite uncomfy if engaged too early. Cos legs are up at our top.. Haa, u can imagine.

Dolly

Like wat Val says, Hang On. Me also, thinking of tomorrow makes me so sian liao. I know I will be tired so I rather take a day or two off from office to rest. Cos Im really very shacked. Urgh...

Val

Ya lo. I also think contractions wont be so fast. But can be quite pain leh for me when it hardens.. Hahahaa, I will say "Ouch Aw--Ouchhhh!!!" Then my hubby will say, "Wah, wat happen? The kick so hard meh?". Then I will tell him, not kicks. Hardening.. Then he gave me that puzzled look. Yeah, quite early lo for such contraction. I will check with gynae next visit too. Then we share the reviews yeah :)

Aiyo, ask Hubby to shop with me?? No la, I rather shop myself lo. His patience fuse very short nia. I alrdy done up the checklist liao. So the next course of action will be checking the current stocks I have against the checklist I have lor. Maybe will check when am on MC this Fri or wat. Then I can start to buy the chest of drawers to put all the stuffs (old & new) in.

How about u? Whats your plans to buy?

Yeah la, sure sian. I can understand.

Imagine alrdy so tired still gotta cover other pple's work. Wah lao. Haz... If u on mc or leave, who will cover u?

vv,

i told my boss at times i wanna wk frm hm..and nt so frequent le and my colleague still ard he like v unhappy lo..i am thinking win liao lo. when colleague is ard i wk frm hm already so difficult...then when he leaves and i wanna take leave he will reject liao isit?

sometimes think of wk till i v sian....

Yes. same here. when it harden, is really painful lo. normally i will just sit still coz moving abt make it worst..till the tum tum is softer then i feel more comfortable. Ya, let me check with my gynae this week then let u know wat he says =)

I havent draw up any list but i do have some ideas wat to buy off mind lo. like nappy linear, wet wipes, 2 sets of nice clothes, milk bottles...wat else huh? hehehe. towels i bought le. =P

hmm..if i am on mc or on leave ah, i dun have the ans nw lo =( if on mc, i think my boss will LL coz if i am sick i for sure need to rest right? if leave, i think he may nt even wan to approve =(

dolly,

30mins gone...so half an hr shorter to go =)

Dolly

Let me distract u a bit... Heeheee, are you still having tea time bo? Any tea time today?

Val

I think hard la of cos for you. Your boss will surely disapprove your leave cos will leave only 1 person to man the whole operations. Haz, so beh sian hoh. Actually he should get one partimer or wat ma; to save cost. Maybe like after CNY. So tat you & your colleafue can start to train the new comer, also to cover yr duties when u go on ML.

Breast Pads, Cotton Wool, Toiletries, Diapers, Hankies, and a few new bottles. These are the basics.. The rest, slowly then buy le. I think.

For me, I will massage to soften it. Wont help a lot a lot but at least put my mind at ease somehow la.. Cos sudden hardening somehow frightens me though had experienced before during #1 la. Heeheee...

vv,

Ya.i think for leave will be v hard to get le...so will have to depends on mc =P

He will get someone in la...BUT closer to my ML lo...win rite? that means now i do handover frm my colleague then closer to ML i do handover to the new person. i was thinking best case they bring someone in now so 2 of us can do the handover tog and i have 4mths to train, guide and monitor the new person...so when i am on leave, everyone can be sure he can handle everything le...well...i plan this way no use...must my boss agree too lo.

oh ya, breasts pads, cotton wools, nb diapers, hankies!!! i rem to get the towels but forgt the hankies =( anyway, going to write dwn nw since we are on the topic. hahaha!! thanks for reminding me ho =P

Ya, 1st time i had it i was quite worried as i was only in my early 5+mths lo...nw more or less used to it but i didnt really massage, just stroke and ask baby if she is ok. hahaha!

I dun wan to deliver too early le! i wan my gal to be on time or even later by a few days i dun mind! haahhha.

Vv:- I dunno the cause of my abdomen pain lei.. =(

Contraction:-

How does contraction feels like?? When den we experience?? Tummy harden = contraction??

Engage so early is good or no good?? Mine keep moving.. Hope by labour the head turn down ><

Hi Mummies..

I only log on to this thread once every month or so.. haha.. too many things to do.

Anyone has any confinement caterer to recommend? For my first bb, my MIL did it for me and realise she dunno how to cook those confinement food nor look after new born. haha.. This time round, I'm looking for a confinement caterer to take care of food and now, my MIL have some expeirence on caring for newborns liao..

Anyone has any recommendations?

pravina, i tot Braxton Hicks (BH) should not start so early. my BH only came when i was in my last trimester.

val, better check and with gynae. only worry is early threaten contraction then they will need to do something quickly about it. does it only happen when u walk? sit down etc?

bubble, ya not advisable to do hair dyeing now cos chemical can get into the hair roots into our blood stream and to bb. so just hang in there.

i actually wanna do rebonding but think i will wait till after delivery. but then Bfing period also not advisable to do rebonding lah.

vv: no need to envy bb that engage early. cos even if they engage early, they may disengage again.. so best is at leats trimester, bb engage into position. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly,

mayb just take a 5min break la. u are a human, nt machine =)

starfruit,

ya. personally i feel its too early for contractions la. For my #1, i only had this when i was in my last tri too lo.

Finally will be seeing my gynae this week so this is something i for sure wanna check with him. It just happens anytime, sometimes i am walking and sometimes i am sitting dwn. Usually aft a while, say 5mins it will go off. Hope everything will be fine.

re: baby engage early

also means that it will be more uncomfortable at the v area and as if something is going to fall out feel. hahaha.

vv, val & starfruit: thks for the advise! i think i go for trim will do..for this round of preg, i am think i am abit too bochap liao..cannot do this anymore..a bit unfair for this Didi..keke

enxuan, natalessential heard not bad..my mum will be cooking for me, so no problem, actually confinement food is the same as normal food, except no salt is allowed and must drink lot of red dates drinks and cook with sesame oil.

Can ask..anyone realised their vagina area like abit swollen?

Val

Yeah lo. Or maybe you kaysiao tell your the other colleague your opinion. Then if both of u agree, u two can trrrrryyy to propose to your boss? I feel la. Else hor, later get someone last min in, u dun even know if the person can handle bo. Then Ka-Lang-Ka-Bo, worse ma. Your boss may looks a bit kNS la, but maybe he will consider both of you opinions leh... When U have the time, discuss with your colleague and see wat happens. Cos whatever u all do, also at the co. best interest ma. Your boss may or may not listen la. U can try... maybe after CNY to tell him.

Eh I PM u the list la.. Hahahaaa...

Eh I also hope can deliver in full term lo. Like tat just nice. Can be a day or two earlier la. But hope little one will give some 'warning' 1st. Heeheee...

KayKay

Yours should be stretching of side ligaments. You 1st time Mom ma, so your bones, nerves & muscles are still very tight. Once it starts to stretch (to get you ready for labour & all in the next few months), u will feel the pain and more intense than us 2nd time Mommies. Its normal but u have to highlight to your Gynae on your next visit. Then see what gynae said.

Contraction like mense pain somehow but more painful and the tummy suddenly just harden like tat, when u always sayang your baby in your tum. Will usually experience these 'fake contractions pain' by last trimester... should be normal but again, let gynae know is the best.

Engage early good and bad. Like wat Val said, feel like sth dropping like tat lo. I still rem last time when my #1 engaged liao, wah... the feeling is like 'gravity' lo when I walked too much. Cannot stand or walk for too long le.

Good is, no need to worry tat will go C-Section la (low chance of c sect).

Starfruit

Huh? Will dis-engage? Issit? I didnt hear before leh. Uhmmm, I tot engage means confirm head down liao?

Eh your name starfruit makes me wanna drink Starfruit Juice lor.. Yum yum!! But cannot drink now la, too cooling. Haz.

Bubble

Mine yes when I had some yeast infection cos itchy. Now ok le... Yours swollen? And any pain?

vv,

we did propose to the boss la...but then no actions le...my colleague and I had a talk before we had a team mgting with my boss lo and wat we wanna say...anyway, we told him wat we cld and i told him my concerns as well...i will try my best to do wat i can before i go for my ML lo..shall see how it goes la...

hahaha. thanks for the list. hehehe.

I wan exactly on my edd if not overdue by at least 3days pls! hehehe.

hi peeps... its my off day today cos i work from home over the weekend.. have u all started thinking of names? any sites to intro?

Val

Oh then ok la. At least u had done yr best to share your views with your boss liao. At the end of the day, he will have to decide liao.

For now, u dun stress yeah and just do your part & best.

Can u send me your email bo? Cant attach via PM. Hahahaa.. :)

I hope can be same date as my boy maybe. Then can celeb together.. So nice & sweet.

Bubble

Maybe u wanna check with gynae?

Thks Val & Pravina for the advice on bottle warmers.

Bubble > Erm, the clitoris area is very red & swollen, but not really the entire vagina. Slight itch too. Guess it could be the antibiotics for flu I'm on.

Thanks Val. My leg cramps started coming these few days already. Whenever my legs are cold, sure w start cramping so always gotto tuck them under the blanket. (w feet sticking out coz too hot) hehehee hubby was very nice, went round 4 shops to find beehoon goreng for me coz I craved for it ;) feel so guilty he had to drive round so many places to find it for me for supper ;p

Oh ya for the swollen or itchy area, likely a yeast infection, just get cream from gynae, will go away in 1-2 days.

As for hardening, I guess its baby moving around, didn't know baby can engage/ disengage at this time too. I also keep feeling her kicking at the bottom and it makes me so uncomfortable too, think I'll start wearing my belly band soon. Linea nigra also starting to show, appetite is double,so sad I am gg to put on so much weight after Cny! Hheeeee

Hello ladies!

I went for my gestational diabetes test yesterday and I passed!!! Yaay!!! And I didn't gain any weight this time too! Whee!!! Bb is growing well, at 860+gm at 25 weeks. Nice size, says my gynae...

How's everyone doing?

elbarc: I've already got a name but it's not from any websites. Maybe you can consider what qualities you want for your bb and go online to see what name fits?

Morning Mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hannah, congrats! can eat to yr hearts during CNY liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Auroa: Yeah!! Heh... My gynae was abt to doctor the GD test reports so that I won't do that... Hahahaha... But just have to take note not to take too much sugary drinks... Otherwise no good for me or bb...

hannah, congrats on the good results from your GD test. dr Chua made me do the GD test too, i will do it at the next visit cos she say there is historical case for my family (my dad is a Diabetic).. so sian cos i hate the test!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re: bb engage/disengage

I guess i should not use the word disengege, i dun think bb will really "engage" so early cos they are still small enuff and with enuff room to move around. so even if their head is down, they will still move around till last trimester.

actually we are nearing our 3rd trimester already hor.. scray and i have not prepared a single thing!!!!

btw, I have also confirmed my hospital. Will be delivering at MtA. Nurses at my clinic has assisted to place a resevation for me at MtA

starfruit: when are you doing it? Bring a book, or something to entertain yourself. It's going to be a long test...

Actually, when we checked yesterday, gynae said bb's head down already. I don't know if she'll move or not, but we'll see how.

Anyway, this is your #2 right? Most of the necessities you should still have, so no need to be too worried. At most start buying things this month lor... There'll be lots of sales going on.... =)

morning ladies =)

vv,

ya. we said wat we cld...tats all we can do already...ya, will try my best before i go on ML. this yr is going to be a challenging yr for me. hehehe.

oops. paisay. PM u my email le =)

hahhahaha. hw far apart are the days? for me, its 3days apart..so either i deliver on edd so i can discharge on or before my boy's bday or aft his bday so i can bring him out for some celebration. hehehe.

moon,

better to call and check with ur gynae since there is itch..

starflower,

oh. okok. gd tat u manage to find a remedy to solve the cramps, at least u wldnt feel so helpless whenever it happened =)

ur hb really nice le. so far, i seldom have any cravings for supper in the nite. told my hb he is v lucky coz both pregnancies, he dun nd to drive out late at nite to source for food for me. hahahaha.

hannah,

Congras on passing the GD test =) Wah! impressive! how did u manage nt to gain any weight? teach me le. hehehe. double gd news for u - passing the test and also u didnt gain any weight despite ur baby having a gd weight. cant wait to see my gynae this week =)

starfruit,

ya lo. v fast we will be in our 3rd trimester soon. i havent really prepare much too =P just manage to draw up a list of things i need yest. hahaha

starfruit,

u book hosp does it also means u book the ward already?

hannah,

wah! ur baby head down means engaged??

hannah, ya i dread the while process, the waiting, the drinking of the luke warm syrup.. yucks!!! and the drawing of the blood (faint!!)

My bb has been moving so much, i dun think her head is down yet.. hahah.. maybe still small thus have enuff room to move.

Hannah: i never pack anything, any NB clothes, never preapre at all, i better prepare like 2 sets, need to buy mittens and booties cos hospital don't provide. as well as a romper for new bb and a receiving blanket. thes rest will figure when bb is here. and i still need to go to chinatown to buy herbs

Good morning mummies!!

Hannah:- gratz on passing ur GD test.. Now u can eat all u want on CNY liao haha..

Things to buy for bb:-

Oh dear, I haven't bought anything for my bb yet.. I dunno where to start..

Who can help me with the list of what to prepare for bb before birth & for hospital?? I am afraid I buy too much now den end up not using.. Any necessities??

Hi Hannah, Starfruit, I need to do GD test too cos I am plus size + slight PCO. What's the procedure like?

Anyone attending prenatal class by Mrs Wong Boh Boi at AMK Hub this thursday?

dolly: Thanks! =)

Va|: Haha... My gynae told me to continue to do whatever I was doing, and keep away from sweetened drinks. I wanted to tell her that I still took the drinks but limited myself to 1 per day. Thanks for the encouragement! =)

I don't think it means engaged. It's probably just that bb has found a the right position. *wink* I remembered that in my last pregnancy, my gynae will always check bb's position in the womb. My girl was head down early and stayed there until i delivered.

starfruit,

hope u will pass the GD test too and keep us updated ya =)

u still have those things frm ur #1 mah? i did a cleanup of my boy's clothes frm nb to 2yrs old de...and i sort them by age grp...so i dun really nd to get alot of things.

kaykay,

things u need for the hosp u may wan to check with the hosp where u be delivering at to see wat things they provide and dun.

as for the list to prep, for 1st time mummy, v long le. hahaha. i dun have the list off hand now. will send it to u.

hannah,

gd u moderate the sweetened drinks and yet didnt manage to put on any weight. hehehe. keep up the gd job. I hope my gal will also absorb more of the weight gain than me. hahahah!

oh. okok. so far my gynae nv really bother with the position only till later part. just hope everything will be smooth =)

starfruit: At least some of the things will be lying ard somewhere la... just need to find time to dig them up. =) I'm amassing a lot of clothes now... I didn't realise I had gotten so many for my girl last time!

kaykay: If it's to bring bb back from hospital, you'll probably need a receiving blanket, 1 set of clothes for bb to be discharged in, 1 or 2 sets of mittens and booties, maybe a cap. Hospitals will provide the clothes and mittens and booties while they are there....

xris: Have to fast from food and water from 12 midnight, when you reach the lab, they will ask you for urine sample and take some blood from you. Then they will give you a bottle of glucose and ask you to down it. One hr later, you have to give urine sample again and some more blood will be taken. Then wait another hour and you have to give another urine sample and they will take your blood for the last time. The results will only be out in an hour.

Hi Bubblepearl, I did sign up for Mt A card 2 weeks ago as there is a promo price for sign up and also discount for the prenantal class but I decided to go to Mrs Wong's class instead.

Hi Hannah, thanks for the info, the fasting period is ok but it's the waiting time ..

Val: i filled in the form, the clinic nurse will arrange for me. I think yes, the are booking the ward for me.

bubble: i never sign up for the card? what are the benefits for card members?

xris, hannah has explained it all there. just remember to drink the glucose slowly cos if u throw it up, have to drink it again. yucks.. heheh

kaykay, some stuff u should prep for the hospital(the rest can add on cos this is all i can remember)

For mummy

- Your own nightgown (cos hospital will not provide) go for the long dress with button front, easy for bfing

- toiletries (comb, toothbrush towel etc for own use)

- maternity pad (get 1 to 2 more packs, although hospital will provide a pack) cos cheaper to buy your own outside

- i will alwasy bring m nipple cream as well as nipple shell (cos scare dof crack nipples)

- a cardi, jacket if the room gets too cold

- socks (for yourself cos delivery room can be quite cold)

- slippers

- bring a set of clothes to be discharged in, advise is to bring clothes that fits u when u r about 5-6 mths preggy

For baby

- Receiving blanket for discharge

- one brand new set of clothes for discharge

- mittens/booties (2 sets)

- hat if u need to keep his/her head warm

- the rest of the bb stuff, hospital will provide like diapers and cream etc.

xris: what is promo price? $98 for 2 yrs? the only thing that attract me the $80 off from the bill..which abit bo liao..haha..i dun need to sign up prenatal class as this is my 2nd pregancy..keke, even my 1st pregancy i also nvr sign up.

Hannah: congrats!

mummies, seems like quite a no of us that the bb's head have turned down... my wish is tat bb will stay inside as long as possible.. at least till the main organs are well-developed before coming out... let's jia you and feast during our CNY... if i'm not wrong, next mth, i due to go for my GD test too... arrugh.. really hate the drink, blood test and waiting... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

thanks, bubblepearl! =)

Auroa: Yep. I was feeling so burpy after the drink. elch... You also take note of the sugary stuff over CNY. That's always a killer... =P

Hannah/Val: ya a lot can recycle from #1.hahah.. thats why i so relax.. haha.. now buzy spring cleaning for CNY first lah.

Val: your #2 is a girl? so this mean u can buy more stuff?

hannah: actually i packed my girls clothes, she has tons too!! hahah wanted to give away if my #2 is a boy, but now its a girl , decided to keep it all and reuse.

hannah, ya, will need to slowly drink the drink... most impt, cannot vomit it out (althou the drink really sucks)... ya, will watch out for the sugary stuff over CNY as i got GD in 1st preg and dun want to hve it for 2nd preg.. just thinking of the pricking of the finger 3 times a day really frightens me....

Auroa: Actually, i dunno which is worse, to drink it slowly and taste everything or just gulp the whole thing down as soon as possible. I chose the 2nd option. It seems to be more bearable... We all jiayou k? Maybe can bring a water bottle so that we can remember to drink water instead of all the packet drinks during CNY...

Hi Bubblepearl, if I remember correctly it's $68 to mark the opening of parentcraft centre.

Hi Starfruit, here's the benefits but me and bubblepearl only interested in the savings off total bill.

Savings off Total Bill

$100 off for single room

$80 off for 2-bed room

$60 off for 4-bed room

10% off Consultation Fee

at 24-Hr Clinic

For member, spouse and newborn

10% off at Health Screening Centre*

For member, spouse, parents, parents-in-law and children

10% off at Retail Pharmacy*

xris, thanks, the benefits not that attractive leh. how much is the card?

anyway i am opting for 2 bedder so seems like not much saving. may give it a miss this round.

hannah, 1st time i drank the 1st slip and feel like drinking pure sugar syrup... nurse reminded not to vomit and to drink slowly, if not need to drink again... so gulp one slip and another slip down the throat... ya, might bring a water bottle during CNY.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back