(2011/05) May 2011

val, the pd nv said much just said head very small..maybe during the next vaccine will check again if her head is growing well..anyway i find the my girl not as firm compare to her brother..still like not very stable..

starfruit, the new place is quite far at nus, but should be fine for me since spore is small travel by train the most 1hr plus..

WTur advise on TV is very interesting. Do u expose ur bb to a lot of TV? N how talkative is he? I tot bb now likes to chatter cos they have became more responsive?

starfruit,

its ok la, 3days once.

split,

nus indeed abit far =P the bus into nus every morning is horrible long =P anyway, since the offer is better nvm la =P

Val: My baby rejects bottle first. Then now also reject latching unless if I latch him when he's sleepy. Now I latch him he also dun wan. I have Avent manual pump but last Sat I tried only 40ml. Seems like my supply is reducing again.

WT: I din no TV is not good for baby. I let my baby watch TV coz if I put him on my bed and turn on the TV, he will bite his hand and start talking to himself. And that's the only time I can do my work. Other than that I can't.

Jenny,

mayb u wan to reassemble ur pump or u try hand express. Yes, cfm ss will dip if dun latch and dun pump regularly.

Too much tv is nt gd for kids or even adults. Everything must be done in moderation.

Jenny - I let my girl watch bit of TV too leh... No wonder she is so talkative, ok I better stop her now.

I try and talk to her more instead.

Val i worry cos i think T takes quite a fair bit of milk if she dun poo her tum becomes round round. But she dun seem unconfortable so i leave it lor.

Deon,

i 2nd wat starfruit says le...as baby grows and become more interactive, will tend to be more talkative....just like my #1 talks to her she will kind of "reply" and their conversation will cont. hahaha.

starfruit,

ya dun worry coz if she is uncomfortable she sure will make noise =) tum bcum round is nice, at this stage nw. hehehe. even mw my #1 has round tummy i find it v cute =P

starfruit,

me eyes itchy...went to look at RL and ended up aiming at a few items -_-''' must control....coz D run out of space in her wardrobe already...

Val ya will go with advise leave it if she dun seem uncomfy. Super agree with u, their round tum tum super cute.. Hehe

Hey ur boss ok with ur letter? When is ur last day?

starfruit,

tell u something funi. when i asked my boy is he v full thus his tummy so round, he says no but there is baby inside. hahahah!

My boss nagged and did ask me to reconsider but family over work...last day 28 =) looking fwd =)

Wah 28th! Very soon liao!! Hehe happy for u too. Baby D ok too she drinking more frkm bottle now tat ur mum is taking care of her?

Ur boy super cute too.. Haha this is a very good answer. It just shows how observant kids are!

split: actually work distance also matters. cos a lot of time wasted. last time my work pl in loyang. to & fro is abt 3 hrs!

star: i want bb to get used to eating brown rice n to take brown rice for as long as possible. #1 didnt manage to take brown rice for long time. so now #2 will b my new experiment. :p

anyway, brown rice much more nutritious ma

val: reminds me of something funny fr my #1 too.

brot him to mkt, he saw dragon fruit:

A1: mommy, wat is that?

me: dragon fruit

silence for a while....

A1: isit when the dragon stomachache, then will have this?

starfruit,

yes, its practically next week =) my hb is also looking forward to it, minus the less $$ portion coz next mth onwards he has to give me allowances =P

Her max still cap at 100ml le...i resign to fate liao la...she super small size...but nvm la...

Yes, he v observant and still rem our trips to gynae..coz he asked me to scan his tummy for baby too. hahaha.

Ash,

totally agree with u. my daily travelling is abt 2.5-3hrs via public transports. if hb fetch, only 1hr lo...plus now bfeeding...have to bring the FTG...so my bag is super big n heavy with laptop, water bottles, brolly, FTG, etc etc...

true, brown rice more nutritious.

Ash,

hahaha. tats a v cute qn from ur boy =)

love how innocent the kids are before they get influenced by the bad things.

Mmmm... Didn't ask PD specifically if it was because BB talkative that's why she gave the advice on TV. Perhaps talkativeness is a sign of overstimulation.

Anyways, doc said for certain 'crucial' moments like having to cook or bath, it's ok to distract the BB wif TV for a short while. Max 1/2 hr a day, and better to do with BB education programs. Not with normal TV programs because the advertisements and pace of normal programs is too 'fast'.

I also have a friend with primary school age son diagnosed with ADHD, and the psychiatrist she visits also pinpoints too much TV @ young age as a root cause. Hence I'd already known this before the PD advised today.

val: good for u, yr last day is approaching really SOON! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I still got to wait for Nov!!

Split: congrats on yr job offer!! can sense yr joy in being able to bring yr kids back on fri! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hooray!

WT: our babies should be at a stage where they chatter more and make more sounds as they are more responsive. I do not think its a sign of over stimulation.

having said that, i agree that our babies should not be exposed to TV yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hmmm.. so brown nice is more nutritious? And will boost the appetite? Its meant for young bb, what about toddler?

Split: you mean ur new work place is at nus ar? i work at nus [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] no worries, will have private transport to n fro yishun, if u wanna take.. can give u uncle's contact after u start working [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies... roughly how long will u train ur bb on tummy ar, 10-15 min a day? i feel this younger one doesnt like to be on tummy, if compare to the elder boy, he doesnt seem to like it very much. awhile only then he will "complain". issit that they will be more lazy if they are heavier?

mickeyboy: yup brown rice is more nutritious.

my #2 does not like tummy time either.....grumbles a lot when I put him on tummy so I just let him have 10-15 min a day on the tummy. The funny thing is that my #1 who is 4YO will also do "tummy time" and flip together with his brother. It's hilarious watching them.

nic: same here! my 4 yo #1 will also do tummy time with his bro :D

then after awhile, #1 will turn over n tell me tt #2 want to turn over liao (altho #2 not making noise yet) :p

Nic,

ya, its just next week. am planning on wat i wanna do/achieve for the next 1 yr =)

Nov will come by soon, u hang on =)

ur #1 is so cute. my #1 will be on his tummy too and laff at meimei =P

mickeyboy,

boost appetite sld be si sen nt brown rice.

we got the brown rice powder.

my #2 hates tummy time as compared to my #1. i will let her be on her tummy till she "complains and grumbles". hahaha. actually my #1 is alot heavier as compared to my #2 at the same age.

nic, thanks yes im so looking forward to bring my kids back on friday..and was also planning to enrol my no2 at the same cc as no1 so that i can take care myself during weekdays..

but just now talk to my boss he's not keen to release me early or let me clear leaves and pay off my leaves..instead they wanted to encash all my leaves for me to stay till end of Oct..hopefully the new job willing to wait for me that long..

split,

did u chk with ur new co if they are willing to wait?

My co encash 50% of my leave and let me offset the other 50% against notice period so still ok.

Val, your company quite gd, my boss requested me to extend my notice period instead..last week i told him if they wanna encash can den last friday before my interview i ask him again and he said company policy dont allow so i tell my interview i will offset my leaves and pay off which ever remaining and leave end of this mth

split,

my boss wans to encash all my leave, i dun wan. I wan to offset all my leave he dun wan, so we each give in and hence 50-50 =P

ohhh..okok. Better state all these in black and white to your current co.

val, starfruit: my #2 aso said e same thing when we referred to him round tummy.. n esp when i was still pregnant wif baby W, he will say his tummy same as mine as we both hv baby in it.. so I asked him "mine is a boy, hw abt urs?"..he replied "my baby is boy and girl, i have 2" haha... we laughed when we heard tat.. n till nw he still said he has 2... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val: wow.. so fast!! next wk is the day for u!!! so envious of u...i dun tink i wld ever has such a chance to b full time SAHM.. so after being SAHM, u will cook every meal for ur family?

This morning he was v sad when i said gd bye to him n brought baby W to infant care on e way to work.. he kept telling my hb that he wants me to bring him to sch n even to fetch him frm sch.. i so heartbreak when heard it.. sigh.. but wat to do... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

re: grp in facebook,

look under SMH May 2011 group, request to add in,

if not, can PM me ur email address, then i add in ...

Shymz, welcome

Re: cereal

i also intro my gal to cereal when she is 4 mth... she had been taking once a day for the past 3weeks ... last nite ah ma alone looking after her, she didnt drink her milk n jus ate some cereal at 10pm... ah ma said she like it alot, keep open mouth for the spoon ....

ling: my baby aso v excited when saw me bringing him the bowl of cereal n the spoon.. i started with the cereal on last sun nite for 2 nites, then i didnt give him for e next 2 nites.. can sense tat he is not quite happy n is like waiting to be fed.. even my hb said he is waiting for my cereal..haha.. so on e 3rd nite when i finally showed him e cereal, he laughed n jumped up in excitement (not exaggerating to say he jumped up)..haha... hopefully tonite i hv to energy to tink of feeding him cereal.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wah seems like a lot if bbs dun like tummy time hor. Mine hates to lie on her back now, she wants to be upright n be on her tummy all the time! She still can flip n whenever she tries to flip n her hands gets in the way she screams!

My maid made BB his first feed of rice cereal whilst I was out and she reports that he greedily gobbled up everything.

Luckily I see other BBs also with the same reaction from this forum, or else I would've thought my BB's a glutton!!!

Ling,pm u. I can't seem to find thru my phone fb.

Tummy: can't help lol.cos my gal also same.she seem to think she very old & keep wanting to sit up.

Split,act fr yishun to buona vista shld b ard 50mins or lesser during peak hr.d detesting part is d crowd at jurong east station when u go Hm.maddness =.=

Cereal: my gal has been eyeing & drooling when the evil daddy tempt her with food. Tempted to give but Cos my gal still has rashes on her joints thus I m still relunctant to start.

Vicki,

My son also has rashes on his neck, armpits and joints. Even have eczema on his tummy. Doc prescribed Neoderm today, but she didn't object to us starting solids. Instead she declared him ready for solids after examination today.

v: i bought Novita NA 100 for $99 @ Isetan. Just needed a simple one, this last 4 hours and have diff colours for the led lightings.. nice! but mine is those normal one.. purely just for aroma therapy.. no ionizer lei..

Split: congrats on ur new job!!

ling: I want join the FB group too!! =)

starfruit: my gal also the same..she learnt to flip over already =) whenever I put her on her back, she will always try to flip over.. there was once at my mum's place, she flipped over in the middle of the night, playing and talking to herself..haha..

by the way mummies, my co decided to give me a laptop so that I can work while expressing.. so meaning I dont have to pay back my hours using my ML already =)

WT, r u also tbf? Or have u intro fm already? Cos I still haven't find out her rash is due to what reason or just due to weather.

Bella, happy for u tat u manage to settle with ur co.

Ok mommies enlighten me again.I m at ntuc jp & it sell healthy times cereal. They only have brown rice n oats for stage 1 tat r non milk base.wic 1 is better to intro 1st? Heinz vanilla custard is rice base but has milk. So for those startin n wan reduce allergy,pls avoid Heinz

morning ladies =) tues lo...=)

preciousMom,

hahaha. ur boy v creative le, still says 2 =)

yaya! its just next week and i am really looking fwd to it coz i am really v tired already. dun envy me la. the grass is always greener on the other patch =) hope u will find freelance/part time job soon =)

hehehe. no le...lunch will stick to tingkat coz if nt will be too rush for me...bring boy to sch, go mkt, go hm bathe ah gal make her slp, prep lunch, go to sch fetch ah boy. no time for me to do any hsewk as morning hrs v short and passes v fast. dinner yes but my hb feels tat its more economical to order tingkat as cooking for 2a1toddler also nt cheap (example: pork ribs to cook soup for 3pax already $3-$4) but i will aim to cook every dinner =)

ouch! i know how u feel! coz whenever my boy cries when i abt to leave for wk, i will feel so heartache and i actually teared when i turn my back and ignore him. i dun wanna go thro this with my gal again...

starfruit,

mine dun like to lie dwn on her back or tummy. she likes to be vertical upright on her feets =) was told she got v strong legs for her age =)

Re: food

my gal has been eyeing our food all these times but i will only give her cereal at 6mths. hahaha. anyway, always tell her she has to wait for 6mths so dun "bio" our food nw. =P

bella,

gd news tat ur co decided to give u a lappy =)

vicki,

dun give oats yet. i always starts with white rice cereal. mayb u look see ard other supermkts for bellemy?

nic,

morning =)

Hi, I have a very good Aprica brand high chair to let go.

It can recline fully for baby to sleep after eating and the wheels at the bottom makes it easy for moving around at home.

Please see more details and the photo at this link

http://flic.kr/p/8XRuNh

Val: yes, totally agreed that no time to do any hsework during daytime..n when nite falls, I aso get sleepy n tired already..haha.. all these i experienced during my ML days.. but like u said, if one day, i aso able to become a SAHM, i will target myself to do some hsework everyday and aso to cook dinner for my whole family..

so does ur hb restrict u frm doing shopping after staying at hm? :p

jiayou!!!

Good morning..

Val, wow time flies..u gonna be SAHM soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, u still tingkat the mom's cooking for lunch? I need a switch soon for dinner.

preciousMom,

nite time i hardly can get my eyes to open!! sometimes i fall aslp while making my gal slps...end up i wake up in the middle of the nite to do the hsewk -_-''' past 2 nites my gal woke up and refuse to slp...end up have to coax her or massage her to slp Z_Z

hahaha! my hb ask me to auto abit...must know wat is must have, gd to have or dun nd to have =P anyway, he will give me a sum every mth which i will use to pay for my bills such as ins for myself etc...the bal i can use it anyway i wan..if u ask me, cfm nt enuff for me to shop like i always have. hahaha. I have to learn to exercise self control =X

apple,

yup. coz nt much caterer do lunch le...do u have any recommendations?

Back