(2011/04) Apr 2011

Charmaine, Monday got gathering? Where?

Wah.. Seems like many babies can zzz through le. Mine still max 5+hrs. And he zz ard 12+. Yest worse.. And up he wake at 12 then every 3hrs throughout e nite! I'm a zombie now too!

Starflower u very hot n slim! Made us envious and motivated to lose weight hehe! Didn't get to play with ur girl yesterday as she was sleeping. What's her name? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] do join us for more gatherings next time even though Jtho is going to be away! We very warm n friendly n nice pple ok! Hehe

Vivi: Wah ur V really night owl like to sleep late ... But u are really gd with her now! Good job mummy. U don't look so tired also. Well done !

Elmo: we missed u leh.. Too bad u can't come! U will be working in orchard ? Next time I meet u for lunch . I always go orchard gai gai. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hippo: let me know how much to pay u. I ordered (exp) ice lemon tea n 1 tomato n crab pasta.

Avocado; got ur pm! Mrs Chua will let us nbow how much then we transfer u ok??

Charmaine : Wah ur cluster feeding so shiong.. Poor u. That's the thing with latching on.. They like to snack dont wanna drink full!!

Don't know who else I missed out. Not enough sleep make my brain kuku. Lazy to post lately coz iPhone hard to type .

Piggy please count me in for Carousel buffet . I'm not bringing my princess if not I can't eat in peace ! Me want to chiong sashimi !!!

Hi

I have 2 boxes X 2 bottles - Avent brand 125ml/4oz. Honey coloured ones.

Selling at $23 each box of 2 bottles. If taking 2 boxes, it will be $45.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you.

Good morning!!!!!!

Elmo/Charmiane,

I'm the organizer but I'm not the 1 start CSM outing... Haa haa... Mummy send request then I organize!!!! This is my role!!!! That's I got the name 'hippo the organizer'!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yup, there will b 1 on Monday, Elmo u coming?

Charmaine, I'm not joining u all on Monday le... I'll bring princess to somewhere else for big fun!!!! It's her turn to have fun not everytime mummy the 1 have fun although she gets to go out, haa haa....

Piggy

I confirm going to carousel buffet!! =)

Pink, gin, jtho,

So did you ladies buy anything yesterday?? Hehe!! I have been doing too much online shopping... Opps!!

mummies & babies outing @ CitySquare Mall

Date: 20/6/11

Time: 12pm for lunch

Venue: Sushi Tei????

1) Tweety

2) Vivi

3) totoro_bb

4) charmaine

5) cowgal

6) Bbgoh

Gerry

U using Ameda, right?

U ever mentioned it's good for people with easy let-down?

Yesterday din shop la... How to shop with a monster in tow?

HiPpopolai,

U let mi noe hw much shd i pay u once u calculated. I ordered cream of mushroom. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piggy,

Tnk u make a reservation based on 12pax first coz easier to be less than more.

Gin,

I aso dunno whether to get that or wat. Hv told my HB tht can go mothercare and try see which one he wants. He wants one tht serve dual purpose. As for car seat, the one that was given as gift is by the brand "latido". Didnt hear of rite coz i tnk is quite cheap. As for driving,he may consider getting a car coz he aso noe quite troublesome to travel with little one on public transport. Is only a matter of time and opportunity. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi,

Ya, he managed to sleep thru till 6am before asking for milk. Tnk he is too tired. Is good for mi coz i can sleep longer aso. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sy,

No lah. My boi is nt sleeping. Good tht got ur girl to entertain him so tht i can eat in peace. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks for lending mi ur pram too.

Pink,

U missed out mi lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sorry tht didnt manage to treat u to gong cha as rushing to go off as Z is cranky.

I aso will nt be bringing Z for the hi-tea, partly is coz i want to enjoy my food and aso i had made apptment for facial and message on tht day before the hi-tea session. Thus got execuse to leave him at hm and wont feel bad :p

Fung,

I'm using Latido pram!!!!! I find it good eventhough cheap... Haa haa... Now no more Latido... Changed name to goodbaby I think....

Hi Elmo/Pearly: thank you for yr reply in yr babies' feeding..At least their feeding still remains at 3hrs feed..Only stretch for some feeds..My C recently only want milk ard 4plus hrs interval...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Night can still want to sleep thro' (Shake head)..Not drinking a lot for daytime and can still sleep thro' night? Cannot understand. Maybe first time mummy - thus worry this & that! Its like I am FOREVER worry on her feedings! I believe mummies here seeing my post also sianzz...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Fungfung: Yes, as long as not more that 5hrs should be fine but sometimes her feed will stretch also! Hope Z's feeding will be fine too ya...

Mrs Chua: My girl also coming to 3 months next thurs...Same birthday as G...most mummies said when reaching 3months, things will be better..but mine like still so tough wow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gin: As her daytime hours stretch, per feeding will be less..She is drinking ard 400ml plus of milk (damn pathetic right)..Her weight ard week 8 is 4.65kg...next week bring her injection den will know how much she gain..If really calculate her intake as per her weight, think she is far from guideline..but I have tried not to use guideline as the expectation from her...As long as every feed she can drink I am happy..but some feed she cannot finish though ;(...For poo, she will poo everyday..for pee, is it as long as she pee? does not matter pee a lot cos I believe if drink less, output of pee will be less too...

Jtho,

Ya I am using ameda.. Actually that is what some mummies feel but I think that is just a personal opinion as how to compare.. But for me I find that is quite good plus cheaper than medela.. I think my let down is ok lah.. And so far I don't have block ducts..

Haha!! Ya very hard to shop with the monster.. That's why I have resorted to online shopping.. Sigh.. Keep buying stuff almost every week..

elmo,

amazon seems like the cheapest so far now for sophie, unless got other sites cheaper?

should feeding time for bb be stretching now ah? I've seen R gone without milk for 4hours before crying. he was sleeping thou.

also, my maid feeds R every 2hours 100ml regardless he cry for milk or not when i'm away at work. very scared she will overfed him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lynn,

Feeding time is very baby dependent.. My #1 fed very often and would wake up 2-3 times a night even when she was 10 months.. My #2 on the other hand can stretch for the most 5-6 Hr at night.. Got 1 night even stretched to 10!! But during daytime, I will feed on demand and the feeding time can range from 1hr up to 3 Hr.. And in the evening before her bedtime, she will cluster feed..=)

Are you EC on fb??

Gerry,

yeap that's me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

erh.. cluster feed means?

hey lynn, I juz came to the thread n saw the word 'cluster' too and not wanting to 2nd guess, i search n found this :

"Cluster feeding, also called bunch feeding, is when babies space feeding closer together at certain times of the day and go longer between feedings at other times. This is very common, and often occurs in the evenings. It's often -but not always- followed by a longer sleep period than usual: baby may be "tanking up" before a long sleep. For example, your baby may nurse every hour (or even constantly) between 6 and 10 PM, then have a longish stretch of sleep at night - baby may even sleep all night.

Cluster feeding often coincides with your baby's fussy time. Baby will nurse a few minutes, pull off, fuss/cry, nurse a few minutes, pull off, fuss/cry... on and on... for hours. This can be VERY frustrating, and mom starts wondering if baby is getting enough milk, if something she is eating is bothering baby, if EVERYTHING she is doing is bothering baby... It can really ruin your confidence, particularly if there is someone else around asking the same questions (your mother, your husband, your mother-in-law).

This behavior is NORMAL! It has nothing to do with your breastmilk or your mothering. If baby is happy the rest of the day, and baby doesn't seem to be in pain (as with colic) during the fussy time - just keep trying to soothe your baby and don't beat yourself up about the cause. Let baby nurse as long and as often as he will. Recruit dad (or another helper) to bring you food/drink and fetch things book/remote/phone/etc.) while you are nursing and holding baby."

Oh gerry, now I know why my bb's acting like that! However, it seems like she still rej being bottle-fed... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My hubby finally had a taste of it early this afternoon haha. The 1st feed he kana her rejecting, he did manage to dream-feed her with the bottle after he'd finally calmed her down(but still, I was the one who told him to rock to slp first), he felt sooo proud and said "Nothing is impossible"... Then, 2nd feed, he kana it hard - baby cried super hard til voice coarse and still rej e bottle although it's obvious she's hungry(she took my nips when I finally gave in again). He told me to switch on the air-conditioner at the hall hahaha(excuse that the bb felt warm), hahaha

Gerry/pink ,

Noted[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti,

Hugs... Yes usu most BB reach 3 mth will be easier but some BB may jus need more time dun stress urself over the feedin amt feed when she is hungry as long she growin tt enough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bbgoh

I no longer know whether did I sleep or not Liao. Any few mins I have, I will quickly go to bed and the cycle just continue!!

Now I have to deal with two and #1 refuse to nap and the worst thing is #2 super sensitive of her voice and will always manage to wake up #2 after how hard I tried to put him to sleep. Am super stress and sianz so don't need to mention nap time for me!!!!

Mamil gold, will go and take a look. I'm suspecting if he is lactose intolerance just like me?? Suddenly I remembered that I tried two times the milk powder for mummy and both time I LS and tummy super painful. Now thinking if I should try a tin of soya FM for him. Any mummies giving bb soya FM?

Looking forward to the lunch on Monday and the buffet!!

Hippopolai

Where u brining J on Monday? Drop by CSM lah :p

Any more mummies?

Mummies pls confirm ur attendance again by 23 June cos i need to make reservation their buffet v popular 1 so mus make reservation in advance

Re: Hi Tea Buffet @ Carousel (change to Carousel cos more accessible n heard the buffet is nice can see the menu here:http://dining.royalplaza.com.sg/

Price: $38.61net (got 2 promo 15% of total bill or 1 free for 3 diner best is we have group in multiple of 4)

Date: 27 June

Time : 3.30pm

1) Piggytoh

2) fungfung (not bringing Zaccheus)

3) Hippopolai (not bringing stroller)

4) Andrea (if can take leave)

5) tweety (not bringing stroller)

6) mrs Chua (if can take leave - has plan to bring bb for his 6-in-1 that day but duno if he will b cranky or nt)

7) Gerry ( not bringing stroller)

8) sookie

9) Totoro

10) Pink

Yoti,

I share with pink before about my #1. She was terribly underweight, drink very little and is still underweight. To make you feel better, I dug out her health booklet. At 3 months, she was only 4.87kg!!

I can't rem her milk intake as I threw away the records. But definitely very little too. But my PD pronounce her healthy and good.

I ask about pee, because as long as the pee is not dark yellow and has a distinct smell, it means she is not dehydrated and there is nothing to worry about.

You can weigh her yourself. Just weight together, then weight yourself. Difference is her weight. Just a rough guide.

Don't fret ok! I've been thru it and it was a very tough period for me as I was so worried. I consulted many many PDs and all gave me the same answer. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fung

Must see if the carseat is compatible with the stroller. If not you can just buy a independent pram and use the carseat solely in the car. But some carseats, like the one me and jhto are using, its good for babies up to one years old only.

I want to have high tea buffet. But I can't!!!

*SOB*

Gerry

I did not buy anything. No time! Hubby wanted to shop but he claim nothing to buy. By the time I join him, its time to go home cuz he has a wedding dinner. Other days hard to shop as I have 3 monsters. Hahaha! Yes, we also resorted to online shopping, much easier lah!

Charmaine, still in time for you to help me buy Sophie? I'm not going city sq mall too out of the way for me le. Can pass Sophie to Tweety/Vivi then I meet at TPY one of the weekday evening next wk? Or organize another gathering at cck/yew tee next wk? hahha!!

Yoti,

To me, I would prefer my babies to last so long between feeds, like yours! Can get so much rest! =X I agree with Gin~ I also used to like to weigh (myself + baby) - myself = baby's weight! I use digital weighing scale and it's quite accurate leh.. I never do it for my #2 le.. Cos so tired all the time.. And lazy! xD

Fungfung,

U wanna buy stroller ah? I have 1 that is compatible with carseat de.. Brand is Gelite but similar to bugaboo chameleon de.. Mine's higher, I think.. So it's better as can save the hassle of finding a high chair when baby gets older..

Since I bought my double stroller, I'm selling this cheap leh.. What's your budget? U wanna come try it out? Eh, I got no carseat la.. Sold liao.. If u're interested, I saw someone selling a mothercare infant carseat at $70 nia.. Same as maxi cosi type de..

All mummies,

My baby has been crying every morning when ever he is passing motion. Her cry is like very painful. But looking at her stool, is yellow in color & soft. Look healthy. By the way, he is 7 weeks old and on breasfeed.

Anyone expirence the same thing and how you handle it? Thanks!

Fung fung,

Mine is maclaren XT ....

Maclaren has different model some can recline some can't. Go mothercare Harbourfront to try out oh yeah I have a 15% voucher if u wan can pass it to u I dun need it.

Pink

Yeah Vianne is a night owl and some said that because I used to sleep when i an expecting her thus she is following my schedule. I think like what Gerry says after awhile my body is pretty used to it. Of course coffee helps too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It was so tough and I am glad that the support you mummies gave me made me feel better thus I was stronger.

Vivi,

Reading your words really gives me encouragement~ I remember it was very tough on u during the 1st few weeks and u were also stressed out to the max.. So happy for u! Your words also motivates me to get even tougher! It's already almost 3months liao!! Some babies already hit 3months liao.. keke.. Jia you!

So maybe the myth about babies getting better at 3mos is cos mommies are getting used to babies already? Or babies really "outgrow" jia lat phase? =X

Piggy,

I confirm my attendance for hi tea! Any mummy bring stroller? If all dun bring I may want to bring... I dunno how to eat when I carry J with carrier... Else I will switch her back to sling but I aldy wash n store it into ziplock bag... Ma fan to take out just use once....

Totoro,

No chance to stop by... Will stay in west... Haa haa...

Pearly, vivi,

Haha!! Good question.. Right now I think my toddler is waking up more often than her mei mei!! Haiz!! Lisa has been trouble since the day she was born so I think it is innate and that it is mummy just getting used to the little rascal rather than the other way round.. Hehe!!

Lynn,

Oh ok..=)

Mum05,

But your bb not rejecting nipple right?? Oppss!! I think he is suffering from nipple confusion.. My girl is ok.. Drink from both nipple and bottle and super fast drinker..

Pink, forgot to reply you. Ya.. I work near Somerset. Next time come orchard jio me for lunch!

Vivi, tt myth abt bb zz same timing as preg mama. Bluff one leh. When i preg i din zz so late. Now J also night owl. you drink coffee ah? Are you still bfding? I think i will need coffee when i go back to work.. But bf i din drink leh. I drank coke though. Hehe.

Sianz.. Joel today so poor thing. Vomited after feed 2x consecutively. Now i v scared.. Reduce his feed amt alot. Scared he puke again.

Piggy-thank you for yr reply...reali appreciate;) yes I feed whenever she asks for milk now.this way I think she is happier and I am less stressful also..

Gin-thank you so much for digging out yr #1 health booklet and yr reply..yr experiences/info mean so much to a helpless mum like me...for her weight,I did tat a few times at hme too but just wanna be extra cfm..thank you for the info on the pee too..thank you once again...

Pearly-maybe first time mummy-never experiences ups and downs of baby issues-thus will be extreme kan chiong..but if I can choose,I rather a bb whom will cry milk as often..of cos bb crying milk as often will have their own sets of problem..at least better than a small drinker baby..thank you for replying my message on facebook too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thank you all mummies in this forum to share/discuss..reali thankful I have you mummies to see me thro' my difficult period..hugs to all mummies whom will take the efforts to reply my posts..thank you!!

gerry, i feel she's more of 'choosing' than confused now?

Initially, after the initial bf prob(badly cracked and sore nips & blocked ducts), I resorted to exclusive pumping and becos we were feeding her with the normal teats, she got 'confused' and her sucking style changed(didn't and dun want to open her mouth wide). So, I changed the teats to Nuk's standard teats but it didn't help too. Eventually, I changed all feeding bottles to Nuk's wide neck bottles and try latch her more, then it slowly became better.

It's quite hard for me to gauge 'cos at times, when she rej the bottle, I'd relent and let her latch on, then when she's drifted off to dreamland, I'd slowly de-latch her and try to feed her with the bottle, which sometimes she'd take after the initial reluctance but that's more like dream-feeding liao, can't count as her acceptance.

At first, I'd thought she didn't quite like the taste of chilled ebm but she rej the bottle the minute the teat's brought to her lips or when we place the feeding towel under her chin(she'd turn her head to the side, seeking to suckle)! But when I switch over(with the towel in place) to my breast, she'd suckle(unless we let her cry for too long...)

Tried ebm this morning again and it's 'freshly squeezed' one, hehehe but, she still rejects! Haiz, seems like I have to wait til she's old enuf to take semi-solid to wean her off lor? N I believe it's gonna be very hard for me to wean this girl off bf man, really dread the thought of that day to come.

And now, becos of this, I hv to give up my already little sleeping hours and bf her exclusively liao and that also means no outing wif friends, no facials or watever til she's wean off MOI! :**(

My 1st born was easier, she can switch from nips to bottle but then again, I didn't latch my #1 much, mostly EBM and I din give her that for very long also...

Sooo nice, yr 2nd one also so good, dun give u such prob...

Mum05, my girl is exactly like ur girl . Rejects bottles. Cries when the towel is placed on her neck . Give her nipple she sucks . I still try to bottle feed her ebm( mixed with fm sometimes). She is only willing to let my maid feed her. Night feeds I latch her. Sigh. I hope she will outgrow this ........

I regret latching..................

pink me too, i really regret latching... now my movement's sooo retricted!

at least yrs wld allow yr maid to feed her. Nite feed so far it's my maid who feeds her but if she rejects the bottle during the day, then no point for me to express rite. haiz. but i'm also afraid that if I bf exclusively, then next time worser... must find out a way over this, maybe try last feed late late, then midnite give FM(cos she cant wait for the ebm to be warmed up - which we asked the maid to do so, cos at nite e temp's low & the ebm left on table turns cold) then early am, wake her up to feed?

Hippopolai,

ok la u can bring since quite a few of us not bringin bb hee so ur Jovia will be baby sit by so many of us lol~

Yoti,

no 1 is born to be a perfect n know all mummy.. we too face some up n down for me feedin wise since #1 i quite relax in fact was happi if he dun cry for milk for hrs .. my #1 sleep thru after a mth from 9-4am i dun feel kanchong also in fact hope he sleep longer lol maybe i am more selffish wans my sleep ... :p

vivi,

tt great seems like u r beginning to enjoy motherhood[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

piggy,

9pm to 4am consider sleep through out ah? Die loh.. My boy now sleep from 8/9pm till 3/4/5am.. Dam shagged leh.. I rather he sleep from 11pm-7am! Haiz.. He keep missing his 11-12mn feed.. So u usually wait to feed him first or sleep and be woken by him?

oh no, i think so far my bb K chooses the most terrible time to cluster feed, in the wee hours! Her routine: 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am. Then she'll let me off and stretch to 10am.

Needless to say, my No 1 always gets greeted with a 'Panda bear' mummy sending him off to school in the morning!

oh how i wish she will sleep through! my no 1 only slept through at 15 months :/

Pearly,

Yes usu BB sleep thru ard 3rd mth with 5-6hr straight my #1 v gd 5wk 9-4am den 6/7wk alr 9-6am all the way but #2 need to train yawn~

pearly, sometimes my bb also like tt... so wat i do is, cos we put her on the rocker in the hall and I dun slp early. I'd try wake her up to feed ard this timing, then bring her to cot, get maid to change her n bk to slp. Mid of the nite, I'd ask maid to feed her FM and express when I wake up. Wanted to change routine to total bf, but now pinky's post 'woke me up' and I feared total bf wld make matters worse(cos she rej bottle feed), so I think it'd be best to remain this way and perhaps try to wake her up for morning feeds as well unless she rej bottle dur nite feeds also *pray hard, really hard that she wldn't*(But i think she might, soon.... HAIZ!)

Starflower,

Oh my I can feel u now I alr damn tirin can't imagine u..but dun worry think I tink my dark ring is 1 of the worse in this thread lol~

piggy,

Kae slept through at week 7.. From 11pm to 6am.. Very nice liao! Suddenly push earlier, duno why also.. He used to wake up for 11pm feed.. Past few nights never le..

mum05,

I tried waking him at 11pm for his last feed.. But sometimes it doesn't work! haiz! Either he very hard to get back to sleep or he still wake up for feed at 4/5/6am but drink less cos he drank at 11pm.. Haiz.. No choice loh..

piggy, my #1 also very good, can sleep through at night at 2 mths. I was even labelled as 'silly' by her PD, when we told her that I set alarm to wake up and feed her, hahaha.

But #2, haiz...

ya pearly, i know wat u mean, it hap to me as well... arrrgggghhhh...

actually my initial plan was to bf for 6 mths only and then I changed my mind to 3-5 mths... but now it seems like I can't do that anymore... :* (

Mum05, I'm also very conflicted. When she cries I'm tempted to give her boobie. Sigh. But sooner or later she has to be weaned off too. I don't think I can keep latching coz she likes to take small feeds n too frequently n I wanna put her on routine. No structure in our lives both of us cranky .

Most mothers tell me we can only keep trying . N when she rejects bottles don't offer breasts immediately . If mine is in a good mood she will take bottles . But cranky sleepy hungry or moody will reject

I hate latching . Next child exclusive pump or stuff Fm. My maid feel like VIP now coz she can bottle feed. That's why I latch for night n mid night feeds . Coz I hear that babies will be attached to the one who feeds them at night. Hmmm.

Stupid latching . Big mistake of my life

Mum05, can keep me updated on how ur girl is doing? Will let to know how u wean her off . It doesn't seem like a common prob here. Everyone's baby drinks everything

Btw, tbf will prolong the prob yes. Thats why my hubby tells me to be more firm with her. The longer they latch the harder it is to wean off . I read that if we latch one feed a day it will take 1 week to wean off. So 4 feeds a day takes at least a month. Siao liao. n I still wanna continue latching for night feeds. Hope she can learn to differentiate btw day n night .

Piggy, *hugs* think we can form the ' panda club' soon

Pink, think it's good she's at least taking the bottle, even if it's fm ur maid. I doubt babies know who is bottle feeding them. The only positive thing I find about latching is I don't have to bring bottles n hot water flask out when briging bb out the while day, so I can travel light. Besides that, breastfeeding on the whole is a self torture exercise. Whenever mummies say 'oh I breastfed for xx months.' I always think of it as 'oh, this mummy had suffered for xx months'.... Though I must say the bonding of latching is something quite special..sigh..,

For mummies who pumped, how many times a day do you pump? Still at 3 hr interval?

Today stayed at home whole day and realize that if I pump at 3-4 hr, I don't even get 100ml :-( but bb getsbto enjoy my bm for whole day. He finally sleep well from 5pm- 11pm. Have to fed him FM for the last feed as need to attend to #1 to make sure she sleep and end up he give problem again! Looks like it might be the FM after all.

Panda club- guess I'm a member since never get to sleep!!! My #1 did not sleep until 3yo!! Even now sometimes, she may still wake up 1 or 2 times to drink milk or change diaper!!! So I do not have a good night sleep since 2007!!!

Back