(2011/04) Apr 2011

Morning gals!

Ooooo I'm so happy... Just now hands itchy.. took the courage to try on my pre-preg demin shorts. And I manage to fit in! Buttocks tight lah.. but still can button n zip.. I happy enough. haha! Was looking for full mth clothes for me to wear. :p Vain vain!

tweety

can help me buy the plastic caps for the glass bottles?

if possible, help me get 10 or 12pcs (depending how they package it), cos i have 11 glass bottles.

yolk sac, though worrying.. think it's ok for bb to zz longer hrs for the 1st wk or so ba. Mine was like tt too.. then from 2+wks onwards... he's more awake le.. at nite will wake up promptly if not earlier for milk! Joel also takes bottles n nipples since day 1.. no confusion! Same for my #1.

Gerry, now tt u describe the milk blisters.. I seem to get it for #1. Does it grow at the aerola too? I got it at the aerola once.. even go n see doc cos dunno wat izzit.

piggy u getting better le?

tweety, ya! I still need to dig out some working clothes in case I need to go interview! Dunno which ones can fit in. :p

Morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow.. Elmo can fit back her Pre-pregnancy clothing ah.. Gd.. I had yet to check Wat I can wear for this fri & sat baby's shower. With still like 5mths preggers Tummy, think can onli wear my pregnancy clothing? Lols..

Sapphire.. I provide u later in the afternoon ok? cos I'm nOw using iPhone to reply & bf my boy & gonna hv my massage soon.. If I forgot, do remind me again ok?

Piggy.. Drink more water & rest well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ytd u had ur baby shower 1st round?

Mrs Chua.. slowly lah.. For my #1 tummy shrink slower.. took ard 2+mths for me to fit back the clothes.. n some permanantly cant wear le.. cos bones expand.

Sorry to sound gross in the morn... Just now I go poo..poo will pi gu abit pain then when i wipe.. got blood from the pi gu!!! Izzit piles? or my poo to hard? Or from the wound? My wound already not bleedling le leh...

Tweety,

Thanks for ur help~!!!!

Piggy,

Good that u'r better... Still need to rest as much as u can ya!

Mrs. Chua,

Check with u... After u pump did u try hand express? Manage to get more BM? Dunno what happen to my pump... This morning pump can only get half of what I usually get.. Then I try hand express... Still got alot if BM leh... Think it's time to change the parts Liao... Haiz...

sorry to interrupt

i have a Pre-Loved to let out..

Infantino-style rider (3.6-12.7kg)

condition 9/10

selling $15

interested pls sms 90283209

Thanks

Previously, BB sucks for 20-30mins on 1 breast and the next feed will be the other breast.

Now, BB sucks only 15mins on 1 breast, so I chg to the other side, he sucks for another 15mins.

Why is he sucking less these days?

Hippo.. I did not hand express wor.. But ytd when hubby was clearing my milk ducts, he use hand express quite alot of milk too.. I thought is becos he's a guy, strength is stronger.. I was telling him, this manual Pump is beta than our electric pump Lols...

Roughly how long do we need to change the parts? Which are the parts we need to change?

Sandy.. Though my supply remain ard 60ml, but I notice the flow is beta Le esp for the right after hubby helped to clear his milk ducts for me ytd.. After hubby clear my milk ducts ytd, my boy seem to drink Beta le but after drinking for abt 30mins or so, he will still ask for milk la so I will give him ebm.

tweety

wah u left only 0.6kg?? so envy

this time I also lost weight faster than #1. nw can see my tummy shrink down tot I dun thk can fit to pre-preg pants ESP jeans but for the weight alrdy lost 10kg alrdy very happy le. still got 10kg to pre2nd preg weight & 18kg to pre 1st preg weight :p

Haiz me only lost 6 kg and still have about 10kg to

Lose. All the binging and Mac now comes to me.

Elmo did you constipate or have hard stools thus bleeding?

Ask you all if the timing to pump is not yet at 3 hours but milk leak then how? I scare now I got some engorgement on

My left breast because a bit heavy and a but sore

Hello mummies.. i'm back.. Zzzz.. so stressed abt BF till i give up le.. =( my hb even say like i'm 1/2 way to depression then he's so scared and ask me to stop BF.. he wants me to get well before i can take care of bb when CL leaves.. =( then CL trying to make me feel bad, keep telling me bb wants to suckle then i take medicine to stop BF and cannot let him suckle.. *sob* haiz.. let the CL say till like i'm so useless.. bb drinking 100ml/feed but now bb 2days liao nv poo then CL keep saying it's because feed FM not BM.. but was thinking is it that the CL feeding him too much and he cannot digest?

Sorry for ranting... =(

Hugs Mikio if give up BF makes you feel better then just let it be. I rather you not being depressed then fircing yourself to BF....

Me too sometimes have this thinking to give up BF because my supply is damn low.

Your CL also very funny leh... Tell her to stop telling that it is because you dont want to BF then baby no poo. My Vianne is also on FM and she still can poo poo la....

vivi

usualy at 2hrs my milk jiu leak le but i ll wait till 3hrs then pump. heavy & sore u mean its feel hard? but after pump it turn soft, rite?

shd be normal bah..

mikio

dun care yr CL, u alrdy try yr best.

hi mikio! how are u... don't be upset ok... FM or BM ur son will still grow up! 100ML is alot leh.. if C drinks 100ml i also cannot BF liao lor..need to top up alot.. now she drinks 60ml-70ml only i'm struggling to keep up... haiz...

Sometimes they don't poo for awhile but when they poo then alot will come out.. happens to my C too. but maybe u can consider changing the brand of the FM u are giving him. Some brands are known to cause constipation.

Ur CL talk nonsense lar drink FM will still poo lor... what rubbish... don't listen to her ok.

Do what makes u happy ok.... taking care of a child goes a long way.... it's really not easy for us

BBgoh a bit heavy after pump so it means milk havent really clear out? I also dont know wor.. but when I pump nothing comes out liao or only a few drops so I thought no more liao.... or I didnt massage enough or hot water not enough to massage the breast

vivi: when my hb around she nv say all those comments, she only say it to me leh.. whenever she say.. after that when i go back to my room i think liao then i will cry.. -.- feel so bad towards my boi.. like i'm not a good mum.. =(

Ur Vianne drinking which FM huh? My boi taking S26, is it too heaty?

Bbgoh: heehee.. Happy happy lor.. Hoped can lost more weight.. Hahaha..Jia you Jia you!!

Vivi: u can loose them de.. Jia you.. U try massaging on the lumps?? Might be block ducts leh.. Now whenever I pump

I massage also..

Mikio: long time never see u post Le.. How u feeling?? Dun be upset.. If bfeeding is causing u to be stressed.. U might get depression de.. Ur hubby made the right move to ask u to stop.. Bb cam grow well by drinking FM too.. =)

Mikio, wad fm ur bb drinks? Different bb reacts differently to different brands de.. My girl poops once every 4-5days when she was on similac.. On friso, she poops once or twice everyday.. My boy now on friso also.. One day poo few times..

U're not alone! I also gave up le.. Handling baby not easy liao, don't stress yourself further.. Wat's the point of forcing yourself if u end up in PND? Ur hubby will suffer by then also.. Tell CL baby will poo when he wants to! Even 4-5 days also "normal" range.. That's wat PD told me before..

yolk sac: i'm the kind who cannot do total latch on coz i HAVE to know how much she is drinking. Esp stressful first 2 weeks coz i want her to gain back to her delivery weight and make sure her jaundice goes away. Plus she doesn't wake up for milk..she can go for 4 hours without drinking... i cannot take it.... PD told me for smaller babies they may not be able to regulate their blood sugar level well, so we need to feed them every 3 hrs. If not even if they are hungry they may not have the energy to cry for milk. I think my PD is really the kiasu type who doesn't believe that babies have any survival instincts.

Oh, plus because they are smaller, they use up alot of energy to suck. So they take longer to feed too. The bigger babies have no problems suckling for 30 mins at one go, but smaller babies cannot. It's tiring for them.

Sometimes I wonder if I should not have chosen to c sect and let her grow in vitro for another 2 weeks so that her birth weight will be more than 3 kg. Seems like the bigger babies will have no problems with feedings.

I think just tell your CL politely that you prefer her to stop reproaching you on feeding FM and BF because this is your choice. I think that would be a way to tell to stop harping on it.

I know how you feel because at first when 1 tin of FM finishes I feel gulity firstly waste $ cannot help to save $ and secondly she drinking FM why I dont have enough BF for her so no use.

Later I just sort of let go and dont think so much.

Vianne is drinking Enfalac since day 1 so ok ... If you just introduce S26 to your boy observe again may be heaty then you change to others maybe Similac? My Cl shared that some babies whom she have taken care who took S26 have hard stools so may be heaty

wah.. you guys are so lucky.. can either fit into pre-pregnancy clothes or less than 1 kg to go or even 10kg lost already.

I still have a long way to go. about 6-7kg and 8" to go on my waist!

Mikio: aiyoh.. how come the CL is so insensitive? as all the girls said before, we all grew up on FM and we all turned out fine. i agree that your sanity is the most important. just block out the negative and focus most on the baby now.

Piggy: glad that everything is alright now.

Hippolalai: that day, i went to see the LC and she told me that avent nipple cream is good cause there is aloe vera. i bought it and its less sticky that lanisoh cream. you might want to consider that instead which can be found almost everywhere.

hmmm i find by pumping every 4 hr instead of 3 hr, my ss dropped. maybe cause my ss is not established yet. so back to 3 hourly feeds now. actually i thought it is better to pump when baby feeds.. e.g. if he feeds every 3 hr, we should pump 3 hr..

Mrs Chua, that needle poking feeling is your let down reflex, means that milk is going to be ejected soon. Not sure it indicates whether you are facing a blocked duct or engorgement, though I agree that the duct issue is more likely. My bb has a favourite side too (my left. It could be that you face more problems with ducts on the right side because bb latches less often and less well on that side. As for your right side, have you tried a different hold, like maybe the football hold instead of the cross-cradle hold? Are you left handed, btw?

Elmo, Ok, that's good to know. Anyway last night he slept from midnight to 5:30am and I was quite happy when he woke me up for a feed then. My big worry is that by the time he is ready for a middle of the night feed (say next week or the week after), my SS would have dipped. But my doula said to have more faith in my body, which will adapt to meet bb's changing needs. We shall see.

Btw, thx to all mummies who helped last night! Heng kait's fever is down this morning, managed to send her to cc.. Hope she'll get better & no phonecall from CC! hehe..

*haix* Weaned her off yaolan liao.. Sleeping well on bed le but have to take it out to use again on hubby's working nights.. Is it ok if i let her sleep in yaolan from 9pm to 3am then transfer her to bed when dh comes home? Advisable mah?

Sookie same same we jia you on the jian fei part I cant even fit into my pre pregnancy pants and bottoms until my Cl was like laughing asking me to be patient ...

yolk sac: i was hyperventilating when C didn't wake up for a feed by 4 hrs... u could tahan until 5.30am... :p

Cham I think i must be really paranoid or something.....

pink: don't think so much. even if you delivered her at full term, it does not necc mean that she would have been 3kg.both my babies were full term/near full term and were 2.7 and 2.8kg respectively. i believe that they have survival instincts and your PD sure is kua zhang.. if anything was not right, they would not have let her be discharged. Have faith that your baby knows whats she needs. just remember the basics.. eyes alert, pampers wet and pooh regularly.

my boy now varies between 3-4 hours feed. sometimes 2 rs but rarely. like yest. he drank at 1230 and only woke up around 5plus to drink. don't panic ok? if not motherhood will just be so not rewarding.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I am from March mummies...

I have received 2 pcs of Latido 2 in 1 Baby Carrier and Rocker for my baby 1 month and would like to sell 1 away.

Item is as per below:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5357709.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5357710.jpg]

Can be used as a rocker and a baby seat. Has a storage compartment at the back as well.

Would like to sell for $50...

Please PM me if you are keen.

Thanks!!

vivi, ya got hard stools. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mikio, my boy also drinking 100ml every 3 hrly. He's on friso. I dunno abt S26, but i know many babies have hard stools with similac. I'm giving bb friso at nite.. he's poo no probs. I tot most CL will be happy to give fm loh.. easier n quicker to prepare mah. If u worried abt constipation.. can try switching fm ba. I think friso is gd on the poo. Dun bf doesn't mean u are incompetent mum k? Mum still have many responsibilities besides bf le... Just do wat makes u happy k? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pink, small bb eat less is normal mah. Tummy so small stuff so much will vomit de le. Just keep up ur gd work k?

yolk sac, if u are worried abt supply.. maybe u can pump once in the middle of the nite? I lazy la... just zz thro the nite.

I think my supply dropped. Dunno izzit i pump less or drink less water. Going to be more hardworking today.. see if still can up it anot :p

Mikio,

Hugs!!!! Ignore ur CL... How many days has ur bb on FM? They tummy need time to adapt the change from BM to FM... BM is very easy to digest while FM not... It could b bb's tummy still in adapting period or also like other mummy said, S26 is too heath for ur boy...

To feed fm also alot of knowledge, tell ur CL!!!! Must try n error de... Dun stress... My Terry also FM baby, he is growing soooooo well, isn't he?????

Tweety&Sookie,

Thanks for ur effort!!!! I'm not going back TMC so not going to check le...

Anyway, I found it in BP... -_-" how can I so stupid never think of getting from BP~!!!!! our SMH shopping paradise!!!!!!!!! Haa haa...

Sookie,

Although I have serious sore nip on my left boob, but I choose to tong rather to depends on cream, the cream is to standby just in case I can't tong anymore... Haa haa... My skin is those sensitive type, if depends on cream thinks I have to rely on it for long term if I can successfully BF my girl for long... =)

Pink,

U aldy diagnosed - paranoid mama, haa haa haa....

Sookie/Vivi: Jia you!! Sure can loose the weight de... I targeting to loose more!! Hahaha.. Vain me..

Hippopolai: yah.. Bp is the best solution.. I keep thinking u're going back to tmc for checkup.. Haahaa.. U going adrian's clinic hor.. Paiseh.. Blur me..

Pink: hugz... Nothing wrong to bottle feed.. I also express out and bottle feed Jerrell.. I feel that like this I can monitor how much he's drinking.. Only at times I latch him on...Relax relax.. Parsley is a strong and healthy girl... =)

Elmo & bbgoh.. omg.. weight lost is slower for #1 ah.. haizz.. I gain almost 20kg for this pregnancy, until now dare not step on weighing scale so duno what it the current weight now.. hopefully have lose quite a fair bit of weight when I go back for my check up on 27/4…

Tweety.. so envy that u only have 0.6kg to lose…even no lose, oso nvm la.. right? Hehe

Mikio.. as long as u did ur best, dun regret le.. jus do ur best for ur bb oK? If bb not poo poo well, maybe u can give gripe water to help bb loosen the stools? True that bb on FM will be more heaty, so can give some gripe water to loosen their stools..

Yolk sac.. hopefully like what u say, the needle poking feeling is let down reflex. Now whenever I pump, I will massage the milk ducts.. den after pumping, breast soft soft le.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] last time my boy like to latch on the left cos right is inverted nipple but now he prefer to latch on right more than left. Think after all the pumping, my inverted nipple now is beta le.. he able to suckle more longer.. this morn, he able to suckle both side v long.. hope it stay this way : ) anyway, I’m not left handed.. jus duno y for the past 2 days, no matter what position I hold him, he oso dun like..

bbgoh: the CL keep nagging.. makes me really very "gek sim" -.-"

pink: feeling better now after decided to stop BF, not that stressed. My boi at 1st only drinks 60ml,but i not sure is it that time i pump more then the CL give more and more.. there's once i pump 125ml, she tells me he also finish.. -.- i think she like nv control him leh and feeding him too much that's y he cannot poo wor.. sigh..

tweety: since the 1st day back from hospital nv rest well until yesterday i decided to stop BF. Finally gotta rest.. i think if i get depression is all because of the CL cause she's giving too much pressure.. -.-

Pearly: my boi drinking S26 Gold now.. my CL even tries to put my boi in squatting position to make him poo.. my boi this morning wail so loudly till i wake up.. then CL says, bb cannot don't poo de.. 2days liao must poo.. make me and my hb worry.. then my MIL came and the CL told her... my MIL worried then went out immediately again to look for FM, hoping that everything will turn out better..

vivi: i don't dare to tell my CL, I only wait for hb come back frm wrk then cry & tell my hb.. my hb says i need to speak up and tell her but i scared leh.. my cousin say me to try friso 1st and see how.. if cannot then i try ur suggestion of similac.. =)

sookie: okie.. sometimes when CL say i just keep quiet loh.. let her say.. sigh...

elmo: my CL is more than happy if i give BM instead cause she can just pass my boi to me and she can rest.. at 1st when she does that then my boi drink le not full then she gotta top up FM.. she'll nag again.. she tell my boi mummy got not enough milk to him.. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.. demoralising..

hipopolai: he's on total FM since sat noon till today loh.. i'm trying to tahan my CL's nagging..

mrs chua: i'm trying to cope with things now.. i was telling my hb that since i nv BF liao, i can learn from the CL how to bath the bb and all the other bb stuffs etc.. else later CL leaves we both will panic..

Mikio.. since decision already made, den jus do ur best.. ur bb will grow well de.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my hb just tell me that my MIL called and nagged at him.. my MIL was saying that we nv give the CL enough rest and she's tired cause bb keeps waking up at night.. but THAT'S HER JOB RIGHT?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... i just hope my MIL will stop coming over my place so often.. sigh....

tweety

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sms me your addy, i might pop by your place this wednesday after my gynae appt, around noon time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mikio: yah of course it's her job.... it's normal to have to wake up to do the night feeds mah.. if not then what? the mommy wakes up to feed meh? (=_=")

Yes there's alot to do even without the BF... I have to learn how to bathe baby too... don't know if we can handle the baby when the CL leaves next week... so stressed. Sigh

Guess we have to take things one day at a time...

Mikio,

Just told ur CL that the boy is urs... U have the right to decide everything for ur boy... & we know whatever the decision u did for ur boy u think best for him... Ur CL is those 欺善怕恶type... I agree that u shld speak up in order to make her shut up...

We only 1/3 done our confinement... Tolerant cannot solve problem just shoot her off!

Tell her u hire her is for help not for nag.... Lols~

Seriously I think bb is at adapting stage... Not to worry... Monitor for another day or 2... Coz u suddenly stop BF n change to fm... So bb's tummy is adapting the change...

U try dip some lotion with cotton bud & gently massage circular motion at bb buttock eye... Sees if trigger him poo poo anot... My SIL taught me that... She said sufficient wor...

sookie: i think i'm a baby & milk nazi~~~ and a control freak.. that's where the stress is from. Can't deal with not knowing and letting her be in the driver's seat leh... i have to know that everything is going the right way. Think i'm super screwed.. it has only been coming to 3 weeks and i am growing a head of white hair liao. Need to slap myself sometimes~~~~ booo

Pink,

Sure can de lar.... U attend prenatal class then now learn from CL.... Sure u can do good job de.... U dun soak C in water long long hor... Later her skin 皱皱... Hahaha... =X

Mikio,

Is that what a CL shld said?????? Ask her go back eat herself!!!!!! Faint... Tell ur CL all our CL wakes up for night feed... Tell her dun spout nonsense... Take ppl $ still want rest... Bth.... Cmi ur CL...

Back