(2011/04) Apr 2011

Gerry,

ya lo no harm goin n take a look la jus tt usu marketin aspect high chances of workin OT[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Vivi,

last time i use fitti premim when there is promo cheap n gd but now like no more..

gerry, these maids like to come up with such 'stories' one, we just listen lor... but actually they very 'silly', 1 lie will lead to another and then how to catch up? sure one day loose connection. I already found 1 loop hole liao, just dun wanna say nia. haiz, sometimes being too nice also cham...

u're rite, there will never be a perfect maid, only a super blessed pax will get one(not talking abt closing 1 eye to imperfection, keke), so we hv to weigh the situation ourselves. After the recent talk with her, she has indeed cut down on her hp usage and hasn't really dare to use the phone whilst out with us liao. Still gotta monitor lor, although we bring her out wif us much lesser now...

vivi and mum05,

it seems to be working fine now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi,

the problem is my baby doesn't want to sleep and when its time to feed, he wants to sleep and then end up missing the feed to wake up close to the next extremely hungry. sigh. hope its just a phrase he goes through.

Mum05, oic, so u registering p1 this year...if u don't do PV or non-grassroots, then will be under phrase 2C lor?

Anyway, those balloting also got classify like within 1KM n if still got vacancies then between 1KM-2KM.

Will take leave to do PV and it's at their beck and call..they ring u to do, u have to do coz need to clock 40hours.

I've heard that some parents may not be able to complete 40hours and so waste their time.

I so feel like writing in to MOE and ask them to give SG parents more chances and especially for those with 2 or more kids :p Govt want more babies, but more babies means parents need to spend more time to take care n so how to find so much time clock 40hours PV n some more it's not guaranteed to get into d sch. Sianzz.....

My brother very lucky coz last time he used to study in Pei Hwa Presb before and so my neice got in easier.Once d 1st kid get into good sch, subsequent no worries liao.

I'm also thinking if shd go change address to my MIL's coz she stay within 1KM from Rulang Pri.

hi mummies,

thanks all for the encouragement for first day at work. all i can say.. well its nice to see some familiar faces and feeling welcome by everyone.. my brain.. damn rusty man.. cant remember a lot of things, feel so overwhelmed by all the updates and changes AND my feet so painful! too long never wear high heels lah.. till now, I still have not cleared my emails. i sure miss my time at home with my babies! those still at home, remember to enjoy every single minute.

gerry: marketing jobs are not as straightforward like operations and yes, it depends very much on the industry. instead of asking working hours, ask them if there is OT and if yes, is it just peak period and how often the peak periods tend to be. frankly, they don't really require a specific degree, more of experience but if they had a choice, they would like someone with marketing degree/background but most of the time, its not a must. attitude and willingness to learn and flair for marketing is important. going from research/lab work to marketing is quite a big change so you might have to start from the bottom.. if you are willing to learn, should not be a problem.

bbgoh: oh dear..hope you will get better soon. luckily u started work already so can take MC and not waste your ML!

piggy: yes the biscuit for the ceremony so cute! so what did you do with the biscuit after that?

elazy: my new maid also coming in sept.. im just as nervous as you are! btw, when are u going back to work? i am likely to go back to my old workplace.. possibly sept then we can have lunch!

mrs chua: I think baby G just misses the mummy and want you to put him to sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sookie,

hahah i dunno leh maybe my IL ate it up kekke... oh yes i also too long nv wear heels end up after 1 day got 5 blister on each feet[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ningyo, u're rite, tt's why I soooo dun wanna do PV, rather spend more time wif my kid... yeah, u're sooo rite, MOE shld really, seriously, relook into this primary school registration method. No need so many phases what, if like what they said, proximity is the most important then why we at phase 2C(usually those who stay w/in 1km of the schools will bother to try lah) are only left with soooo little places to fight for, talking nonsense lah they.

As for using 'fake' address, hv to be careful, once they check on you only, u hv to either really prove to them u're physically staying there(or yr kid staying wif the grandparents) or u'll be asked to find yr child another school... Though they random check(or someone complained), u never know when u'll kana lor...

sookie, time flies, u've really gone bk to work and I hvn't got the chance to meet you yet!

ganbatte ne! I'm sure u'll soon get back in form again, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my poor bb seems to b hving 'nitemare'... Maybe becos juz now, after my shower, I left the towel on my head whilst I put on face masque(clear gel type though), she woke up, cried for milk and when I bfed her, she kept looking at me and almost wanted to pout & cry(didn't drink much also, only abt 5mins...).

Sook, hope ur feet blisters go away soon. Mummies who have started work, hope all is smooth and well ya.

Ayah missed todays buffet, hope to join next round when there is. Oh ya hippopolai, i still need to pay u for last round makan, please ket me know how much then i can transfer to u ok thanks babe.

Bb seems to have runny from #1 again, niw monitoring...poor bbgal, within 2.5minths, down twice alraedy, and i know shes afraid of the pigeon mucus sucker thing....

Sook

Poor dear!! Where is your old workplace? REally thinking of changing? Woohoo! How's my kampong boy? Must come meet my kampong girl soon ok. My kampong girl turning into city girl soon leh. Hahaha!

Morning piggytoh!! How's work?

starflower

oh no, maybe an easier way is to tackle #1's health. Hope #2 will recover soon!

bbgoh

ur mumps is spreading ah? i dunno whether its normal or not leh. but if u dont feel comfortable or good can see doc again?

Piggy,

Zzzz I'm sleepy too. Working today.

Any mummies here do dreamfeed ? I'm thinking to dreamfeed my boy around midnight, hopefully he can sleep through the night. Cos he usually wakes up around 3 plus for his night feed.

Morning,

Weather so hot!! My #1 is once again giving me problems with sleep.. Woke up 3 plus times to ask me to put her blanket properly!! It's times like these that I wonder whether I want a job..

Sookie,

Thanks for the advice.. I know it is very different.. But I feel this is the time where I have to move on.. If not I will always be stuck in science.. Sort of need to plunge into the unknown.. Haha!! A bit crazy but I think I need a new environment.. Working in the lab makes me feel like I have never left school..

Piggy,

Just look forward to going home in the evening.. =) jia you!! If too bored, can always go online..

Gerry ! Dont work leh can meet me for Kopi ok?? Oops. Haha. I'm also ultra sleepy today ... Baby C had ultra long latch last night n I couldn't sleep back .. N I need to bring her out for some prayers' thing at my fil's place ... Yawn..

Piggy jia you !!!!

Me here

I dont know why recently Vianne is having a milk strike usually she will have 6 feeds but these 2 days she has only 5 feeds and her last feed is at 10plus lesser milk intake and sometimes she cannot finish her milk

Me poor thing got sore throat must be she spread her virus to me

Gerry

Is Lisa trying to catch your attention thus she behaves this way? Maybe you can get a permanent part time job? I was thinking about this for next year

I am here!

Kaira, for me night feed doesnt work. If he zz early... had enough zz le he'll still wake up for milk. So far J only slept thro during the 1st wk in ifc... too tired. Think now he used to ifc le.. can zz better there. Plus at nite he zz before 10pm now.. getting earlier n earlier.. so will wake up btw 3-5am for 1 feed. Hai...

Gerry, maybe when u change job, you'll miss ur lab work again! Then grass is always greener on the other side! Like when i started my work here.. i miss my old company n job so much! Now getting more used to it le... though at times i still feel v useless... wahahaha!

oh... my 1st av just came visiting today! Took me by surprise! No wonder my bm supply drop!! If it continue dropping hor.. i got gd excuse to stop bf le! :p

Btw hor.. J's child care center got 3 cases of hfmd leh. But it's the nursery class.. the infant room is totally separated from the other.. it's a diff room all by itself and airconned. The teacher say the ifc teachers n cleaner do not mix with the other classes.. so i think shd be safe ba? So scary! And i still thinking of putting J in ifc this Sat morn so we can go watch harry porter leh! Evil mummy n daddy..

Vivi

Dont worry I'm sure vianne will go back to normal soon .. At least on her gd days her appetite is gd! Mine hor ... Wahaha .... U know lar ... Heh

U take care weather is so hot .. Will fall sick easily ...

Elmo.

I'm very sick of night waking up. Actually I try once but he still wakes up. Thought of trying again. I remember my #1 thread, someone mention its not very good to disrupt their sleep at night, so dreamfeed is not very advisable.

Gerry,

hahah i surf until dunno wat to surf too bad not nice to browsn job webbie here haha.. anyway i will tender this wk when my boss rtn.. cos i tink no co wan to wait for me la... :p

PInk,

u come in n chit chat la else i v bore leh lol~

Kaira,

yes not advisable to dreamfeed middle of the nite but me i will only dreamfeed him the last feed cos i dun wanna wake up at wee hr to feed cos i usu put him to sleep ard 8.. after last feed at 10+ his nex feed is 6am+.

Piggy

Wow you tendering this week? But I remember your notice period is 2 months right? Sian hor so that means your first month also hard to look for job because very seldom employer would want to wait for 2 months.

Vivi,

ya bth liao cos with such a long notice period v few co wanna wait leh plus not even in managerial post... my notice period is 6wk ...

Pink,

Haha! Bills are increasing.. And my condo has passed the 1 year mark liao.. So housing loan has increased!! Cannot afford not to work.. I see my monthly expenses wanna peng sang already.. Haha!! But I think i will be selective of the job that I will pick, wouldn't start work until good remunerations are met.. lol..

Elmo,

I suppose so..I will definitely miss my lab cos my colleagues are super nice.. they are more like my friends.. maybe I need to go out into the world to truly appreciate it!! Haha!!

I am sure you will eventually get used to the new job.. I think for me.. lab is really no different from my uni days leh... so that means I have been doing the same thing for about 10 years with no growth prospects.. which is why I am so pissed off with this line.. my salary has only increase about $500 in the pass 6 years!! How sucky is that!!

Vivi,

Maybe lisa really needs to get used to the fact that eva is staying for good!! Haha!! I know she needs time, but sometimes when you are exhausted, her behaviour can really increase your blood pressure.. and now she has started a new habit! Leaving food in the mouth forever!!

What kind of permanent part time jobs are there?

Piggy,

I guess once you tender, can start looking for a job.. and openly surf online for jobs.. Haha!! You really bth this job..

Gerry

Usually admin jobs will have permanent part time but pay is defintley not as high as full time

Piggy

6 weeks for notice period lucky not 8 weeks or else super duper sian

Gerry,

hahah cannot la even tender cannot do so openly u dunno my boss she will do anything to make my life sucky durin my notice period if i too much...

Vivi,

ya but 6wk is not any better... hope i can get a gd offer soon...

Piggy

After working hours look out for jobs lor but then it will be a challenge for you to go for interview hor while serving your notice hor

Vivi,

hahah ya lo at most take mc lol~ ya now i look for job after office hr v tiring no time at all so many things to do when i reach home... sigh...

Piggy

Jia you

In fact all mummies here jia you ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

if take MC must be careful la wait someone sees you or happened to be someone in the company knows your boss oops lol

Hi, I would like to give away my Glenn Doman English and Chinese flash cards. These are white cards with big red words.

I have done it with my boy a year plus ago and it is very effective. He seems to learn things very easily now. So I highly recommend it to anyone with kids under 3. It is very easy to do at home. just 5 seconds each time 2 or 3 times a day.

Anybody interested or have more queries, please contact me directly at [email protected].

Vivi,

no la cos i not in sales i dun go out to meet co related to this co so quite safe they also dunno wher i workin mah unless the HR personnel know my boss la den too bad lo..

piggy, imagine my previous companies, my notice period had always been 3 mths! worser rite...

i really dun see the need for such notice, be it whatever position the pax's at, 'cos if the pax's heart's no longer with the co. why keep them, rite? silly...

Mummies with toddlers, how are you all managing? I'm having a hard time with my boy. Every morning wakes up cry, throw tantrum when things does not go his way. He can lay on the floor and cry for 1 hr. But he never bullies his brother, only bully his mummy. He will be two years old this Sept.

R toddlers really that difficult to manage or is it just my boy ? I really hope my #2 not like this next time. Very draining for me.

Piggytoh,

I'm doing part time like 3 days a week. 1 day full day, the rest half day (morning). I really like such arrangement. But there's a huge cut in my salary. Have ask hubby to top up half of the cut salary

gerry, i feel for u. Even my 6yo who has always been a very sensible girl, she also had her moments of tanthrums after my CF period, 'cos it seems to them that it's always baby baby baby which was true dur tt period. I can imagine how much tougher it is to deal with a younger older sibling... I suppose we hv no choice but to bear with it... Jia you ok!

piggy,

Same company that I have work for many many years, construction line. Having two kids very difficult to work full time I feel. Very tired and also would like to spend more time with them during their growing up years. At the same time, I don't like being a SAHM as I find not suitable for me. So this arrangement I find most suitable for me at the moment.

kaira, me me!

my elder boy just turned into terrible 2. alot of pattern....lay on floor & there crying. banging his head against the floor/wall. throwing hard object toys on floor. really dont know how to 'communicate' with him.

but when i ask him 'do you want sweets/biscuits', immediately jump up & said 'YES'. after finish the packet of biscuit, again.... lay on floor & cried. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gerry

im in marketing,for yrs but various industry..

so depends on which industry.

Kaira

my boy is an angel at school and monster at hme..

very extreme temper..

Job change

i very kiasu, started sending cv since june,been to interviews,even though i only quittin in mid aug.

actually wanted do part time but den my hubby still need to pay off car loan for another yr..

think i would also miss gettin a full pay.. i also wanna spend more time with them..

but sometimes i seriously wanna run away from them...

Avocado,

how old is ur #1?? turning 3????

my boi is turnin 2 nex mth n lately he has been v sensible wor v scare when the terrible stage kick in....

Vivi,

mus find lo... sigh.. see how it goes have been strugglin actually cos the market now like so so hmm so keep holdin on till now...

Vivi,

yes i tink so cos the job section is pretty thin for sat newspaper sooooo.... ya.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back