(2011/04) Apr 2011

avocado,

no front seat not allow becos of the airbag...but i tink booster seat can.. i be puttin 2 seat behind..

Gerry,

ya i know but if family no such history the risk shd be lower also??? n Kailee age is not high but i agree it random low risk still got chance... scary hor[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

kailee, get ur hubby to bring u out for a nice dinner tonight..take ur mind off it... think happy thoughts... both of you are very young so chances are u're ok

pink,

my stupid gynae on leave now...the acting doc we saw yest is going on study leave..so cant change to her either.she spoke to my hubby actually..i'm definately changing my gynae after this.

either way i tink i need to go for this 2nd test for peace of mind bah....

tks avocado,

think the only option now is go for the test first...will be changing my gynae after this test

kailee, when did u do ur blood test? i was advised by my gynae @ KKH to finish both the NT scan and blood test by 14th week as after that cannot do liao..

kailee, i changed my gynae twice, this is my 3rd one... recommended by my uncle who is a GP and my auntie who was a nurse for 10 over years...

if u are interested i can intro to u and u can see him for 2nd opinion... he is at MT E and he can deliver at MT A too. let me know

or maybe u can ask Gerry to introduce someone good for u...? since her hubby is in the medical field... they shld know best who are the most reputable doctors around... paiseh Gerry... hope u don't mind my asking

Before I changed my gynae, Yolk_Sac also recommended me her gyane. Think hers is at Camden and very good too, maybe you can consider

Kailee,

if u changin gynae y not jus change now n ask ur new gynae n arrange for u so u can sign up package from wk 12 wun lugi so much??? jus ask got a copy of the report n book appt with another gynae?

tks mummies for all the support...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i will try to keep myself calm...

*ohm....*

my test is scheduled on the 2nd nov...will definately keep u all posted [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kailee, yah i agree with piggy, if u want to change gynae don't wait anymore... coz there's a window period to do the testing and u shldn't miss it... another doctor can do the scan for u and combine with ur blood test result to get a better overall picture... from now until 2Nov it's another 2 weeks... for me i won't be able to wait it out

kailee, if u still wanna stay in KKH i would suggest u find my gynae Dr KT Tan.. think i recommended u before.. she's quick in making decision. i was near by 14th week and has not done the DS test and she quickly scheduled me for the test. personally i think Dr Irene chua is abit overstated..

avocado..

U can put the toddler seat in the front but you must deactivate the airbags wor.. I am also trying to figure out how to place my toddler..

piggy..

It being hereditary is quite low one.. I have a fren whose oldest sis has DS (so that means parents were quite young), then she, her bro and sis all normal.. Ya it is quite scary... can happen to anyone.. All we can do is pray that our child is fine..

kailee,

actually a more definitve test would be an amnio or cvs.. I doubt another blood test would help. Amnio or CVS would involve taking cells from your baby.. then they will confirm know whether bb is ok or not.. My dr told me that if OSCAR fail, will go straight to amnio one..

Talking about baby clothes I think I will buy those cheap kind of rompers and 1 nice romper for the full month. I dont think I will be able to get any hand me downs since this is like the first baby in the family unless need to check with my cousins or another gal friend.

Hmm I will wait till 6 months pregnant to buy all my stuff because I think still got some time la.... moreover I dont know the gender yet.

Kai Lee what happened to your NT scan? I am sure your baby is normal and fine.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kailee/gerry,

yah think she definitely has to do amnio/cvs... but u got to get someone very good to do it to reduce the risk of miscarriages... it's a pretty low probability like 1% or something but it's always better to play safe

Gerry,

ya lo.. another 1 i v scare is Autism.. also gotta do with age i heard.. dunno how true any idea?? the prob is we cant control over such thing can only hope for the best..

btw did u let ur gal take MMR at 15mth or u delay? my boi due for MMR nex mth but i heard there r min risk of autism wor..

infinite,

i just did it yesterday...so i think my results is damn bad for them to so quickly call back loh. i'm in my 15th week...gynae didnt advise on anything like tat...think my gynae sucks.

pink/piggy,

actually yest i tried to change liao...but cos i got detailed scan appt already booked...which requires 2 mths prior arrangements...so i can only change after this test.

pink..

No worries.. =)

Kailee,

But I agree with piggy.. seek 2nd opinion and change asap.. if you are upset with the current one.. no point waiting to do the test.. Make another appointment and schedule the test with the other dr.. Ur dr from kkh??

I don dare to watch horror movie onli dare if is comedy horror movie.

#1 I watch coffin wif hb haven half way I cried n start asking hb to go off don dare continue.

Oh no I scare u all so sorry

Pink

1day on the 7th month I got out of the lift heard the lift door open some1 playing wif the key I tot is my bil as my Hse was In a corner mux make a turn b4 I go in I turn back wondering y he nv call me but I saw is a white cloth flew behind the wall wher the rubbish chute is I shiver faster ran back hm. I keep thinking aft tat at 10plus I saw it in my kitchen my hair stand stand screaming at my hb tell him faster go back to rm n slp cos I was so scare to b alone inside. my reaction Was so fed up keep seing those things

kailee,

but i thot ur supposed to be one week earlier than me?? im due on 20th april... maybe tests after 14th week may not be as accurate.. dun worry too much.. u can still change ur gynae even though u fixed ur detail scan appt.. only change date only mah.. most impt is to find a good gynae.. i changed my gynae @ 12th week even though the previous gynae has already arranged the DS test appointment for me. wat pushed me do the change is cos i was hospitalised and my previous gynae didnt even bother to come visit me lor.. anyway, i was told by the person @ ADC that the results of the DS test is based on both blood test and NT scan. urs is only based on blood test so may not be as accurate.. dun worry too much i have frens who were in the high risk category oso but the kids turns up fine.. muz be happy k

Pink

aft tat time whenever I hear noise behind me i tell myself not to turn back so nv get to c Liao until aft 7th mth tat lady appeared.

Before the lady appear the medium did tell me do no let ppl touch my stomach. But aft I hear him say tat lady is trying to disturb me I'm so scare

piggy..

My girl went for her MMR.. According to my pd, she said that many studies could not show a strong correlation between MMR and autism.

Ya I am also scared of autism and ADHD... Apparently, now there are a lot of kids suffering from ADHD.. Very scary one.. They have quite a lot of problems in school.. My fren's son's class has at 10 kids that are like that.. Half way through class, will walk around.. and disrupt lessons one..

Kailee, my gynae does all the scans in his clinic don't have to book appt anywhere else . And yes they need to combine with ur scan results to get a clearer picture so u shld do ur scan asap

Gerry,

ya me too tt y i restrict my boi to only 20min tv time watch bb Einstein but when he at my IL house i cant control la... so ur gal went for MMR at MMR no delay huh?? now i dunno wan MMR or MMRV aiyo nowaday so many jab i also blur...

Sandy,

u mean u see the "thing" in kitchen? or the white cloth??? really scary..

hee i actually quite like ghost show/movie i watch ghost whisperer almost everywk but dunno y lately dun have.. dun tell me they stop the show[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] another fave is Supernatural lol~

Kailee,

Hope everything will turn out fine..

Sandy,

I have a friend who occasionally can see such things too. He saw a few medium and advise him not to eat beef. Sometimes he can feel even though he can't see them.

Kaira,

hahaha i am the type tt like to watch but scare.. keke... i will also have ghostly thots n dream but not as bad as Sandy 1...

Piggytoh

tat thing is a white pcs of cloth.

I watch horror movie cannot have sound n mux haf my pillow some time will take off my spec cos I can't c clearly. Tats yvi don go cinema watch will waste $ haha

Kaira

wat cannot eat beef??? Huh I eat lei but not nfront of the god. O my I like beef. If ask me gif up I will cry man

same s me scare but still wanna watch

Sandy,

could it be u see wrongly or wind??? suntime i will scare myself too thot i saw sumthing but when i go nearer n check it nothin i see wrongly wahahah...

Sandy,

He says that they all mention the same thing to him, strictly no beef ..

At least u all still dare to watch, those japan, thai ghost movie so scary, I don't even dare to watch it, but I love listening to ghost stories :p

Infinite,

Pai seh, Pai Seh :p

Kailee,

dun worry.

someone in forum mentioned tat she got bad BT but gd NT. her gynae told her our BT is also affected by our mood. so BT is not so accuarate compared to NT.

KKH AMC DS can cancel the appt.

then u faster book Dr KT Tan.

my advise is not to drag longer...becos me also changing gynae...then appt with new gynae need to wait ard 1 mths plus. in the meantime i am seeing another gynae at TMC. but i will go bk to KKH. as for 2 mths for detail scan...think they will try to arrange if they know u r already at your 20wk. so dun worry abt appt. cos by the time i seeing my new gynae i will be ard 17-18wk liao.

and if u wan the your current gynae mobile, pls PM me..i got her number so incase u wan to ask her anything since KKH cant contact her for u.

ladies , anybody experience this ? My tummy jsut tremble twice jsut now as if something kick me hard when I jsut adjust my sitting position . It hit so hard my whole body tremble for a sec . cant be my baby kicking right , I am only 14 weeks .. wondering if anyone got this feeling before .. this is my first time .

Kailee,

I'd like to suggest that you proceed to book the Oscar test independently at TMC or KKH. Cos the test got a short window period whereby results would be inaccurate and inconclusive once you passed that window period.

As for gynae, once test settled liao then look around.

DZ,

y cant it be ur bb?? i felt my bb movement few wk back n last wk the movement quite strong somemore u 2nd time preg n twin so may exp sumthing strong than us[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Beef is a fantastic source of iron for those who're not bound by religion not to eat. Low in fat and high in nutrition. Do note that during pregnancy must take well done hor....

Unlike chickens who get injected with growth hormones, cows usually don't so in a way, beef is slightly better.

piggy..

Ya my girl went for it.. No delay.. Hmmzz.. But I haven't given her the chicken pox vaccine.. MMRV is the one with chicken pox right??

Haha!! Ya.. I only let her watch 1 episode of sesame street a day.. Sometimes she'll ask me to play her baby einstein dvd too.. I think if it is educational, shouldn't be too bad.. She really learns a lot from these programmes.. Like her ABC and numbers.. baby einstein got one with animals and she loves it..

kaira,

no worries i juz close one eye and skip the ghostly part haha

dz,

i encountered that too! and for a few times.. im oso now in my 14th week. i thot its juz me feeling so weird

All you girls talking about cannot eat beef make me wanna go Angus and eat a beef steak!!! Yummzzz.. Hmmzz.. Beef low in fat.. not too sure man.. it is red meat...Haha!! But who cares.. it is one of the tastiest meat around...

Gerry,

ya MMRV is with chix pox i heard stronger...

yes i agree educational 1 at least not so bad n he learn alot from these prog also ...

Piggy / Infinite , I didnt have the feeling so early for my first one , so was a bit shock when I turn my wait , it 'kicked' me damn hard ... naughty .....

Gerry , I also let my girl watch educational ones only , now that she is older , she can rem and start humming the songs by herself at times .. kids memory are good , they may not know the lyrics but the chorus part they are able to repeat .

DZ,

yup for #1 i only felt the movement ard 5 mth i also so surprise can feel the movement so early this time round but i heard for 2nd time mummies we r suppose to feel earlier .. tt day my bb also suddenly pop up 1 side of my tummy got a shock my HB so scare will be more active than my #1 loL~

haha piggy , maybe baby bigger this round or my stomach a lot of food today .. keep eating so maybe a lot of noise inside from digesting , baby say ' Noisy 'la ! Kick u, eat somemore !

dz,

i dunno whtr it was my bb kicking.. it was at the lower part right side leh.. maybe it was my uterus pulling haha but it felt like a sudden kick though.. like a split second

DZ,

ahahah maybe ur 2 bb fightin inside la... keke...

infinite,

now it has been more n more obvious it bb cos it the same flutterin feelin i get n sumtime can be quite strong n now i in wk 16+ liao..

Piggytoh

I oso told myself is wind tats y I got so fed up with my eyes playing a fool wif me I already so tired Liao wat for got this type of things de so I scolded hb tell him let's go n slp. Poor him.

Gerry

steak!!! Beef!!!! Haha my fav oso *drool*

Hi gers - just back from Oscar scan. Results of scan + blood test came back low risk.

So that is one worry over.

Sandy,

keke... nvm la dun tink too much abt those thing hope no more..

JJ,

tt great congrats[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back