(2011/03) Mar 2011

hi mummies,

so happy for u all..with #2 or #3 liao..

my noti prince is officially 2 yrs old liao and he is well versed into the terrible two phrase now..all sorts of funny actions and weird temper venting actions from him..srghhh...

so envy u all with #2 or #3..u all made it sounds so easy to conceive..haha...everyday after work running after the noti prince is enuff to drain off whatever energy i have left liao..

good luck everyone!

Ling, for Mar11, majority of the mummies here had our first kid then, we keep in touch since then and we have moved onto our 2/3 kids nowadays!

Bbbride... Haha... Bo pian, we just live with it! But with that fact, the 2nd preganancy onwards.. You won't totally 'enjoy' as much as #1... U will be more tired running around n resting more.....,

Agree with Tres.

When having no 2, my elder boy was very clingy. Kept wanting me to carry him.

After no 2, I have back problems.

Hey hey, where's everyone again? Let me start something...anyone sending their kids to enrichment? I am looking for music class for my boy, any recommendation? He has a very keen interest in music, languages but not so on games and gyms. I guess most kids like kiddy rides right? My boy doesn't likes it when it moves so USS and Legoland all out for me [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I send my boy to Julia Gabriel (bilingual play club)

He enjoys doing art & crafts, storytelling/drama not so on the music part. Guess he is too shy to open up in public. He will keep singing at home.

kindermusik think now no more school. they usually attached to childcare centres. but then not all cc, think only those big names.

mimimo: your boy cc dont have enrichment class?

mfs has it but i didnt enrol kiefer. cos personally i think he is too young to appreciate it. i think 3 years old will be a better age.

but then its not a must to me. so i prob will drag till 4 years old.

hey mummies,

what recommendation you have if we are sleeping in aircon room and often got block nose. thinking of putting those with aroma in water one. wonder if this helps. any other ?

pauline..the book i bgt from u...i haven even finish reading..so slow..every nite i read..haven finish a page oredi zzzzz...if i switch on the music..even faster..hahaha...

ST..my symptom is the same for all pregnancies..the most bordersome one is the night time leg cramps..every nite sure kena one time...my gynae everytime say must do leg stretch beefore sleep..but i never do ...[IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

tt day went taka baby fair..walk the whole fair..didnt buy a single thing..then when my fren was lining to pay..i saw some discounted babylegs...so decided to buy for #3...tt the only thing i bgt from the taka baby fair..

really boy nothing much to buy..but still itchy to buy some new stuff for baby..today put in a small order in carters..50%+20% now...

allets

we considerin air purifier to improve breathin instead. cos my area too humid liao. cannot use those air aroma diffuser liao!

any mummies has recommendation for air purifier without humidifer function?

jamie, try wearin adult leggin to slp? it work for me in previous round. this round hvnot started, so stil not wearin yet. :p

btw, to share a happy new, my aminocentesis result is back, n all is normal. gynea will give full report on nxt visit. no more naggin tots at the back of mind liao! yipee!

bought the baby mist (humidifier) from OSIM....but personally i think it is not very useful ...

Jaime - i am very bian tai .....i actually "enjoy" the night time leg cramps....last pregnancy only experienced twice.....this round once so far... :p

Hubby commented my bump last nite...this time looks so much bigger than my #1 .....

girls is really alot of things to buy...

but lucky i got alot of hands me down...only bought some new stuff for the bb girl.

ST: expanded already mah...my hubby also commented how come my bump is like sooooo round....

like a ball...

poky, good to hear your happy news =D

I bot the sharp humifier/ purifer. It has the option of only cleaning the air, w/o the humifier.

Bot from Parisilk Holland V. It's cheaper than Courts la, Harvey Norman la and offers free delivery, COD.

Btw, terrible 2 is really very scary.

Ethan now wants to wear his own shoes, wear his own pants. And he's so slow.

Sometimes when I am in a rush, help him a little hoping to expedite.

Eng up he angry, throw the shoe on the floor and give me the angry face. WTH..

2Ks....ya loh...i told him last time 4 rooms....now "upgraded" to 5 rooms ....so more spacious ...LoL...

I only bought few pairs of socks for my #2 .... I will get some new clothing for him for his baby full month ....

milktea

does ur purifier kills or trap the bacteria in the filter? hubby wants the type that can kill bacteria. cos if filter nv place/close properly, will go back to air. so he want it to b 'dead sure'...

but does hvin one really improve the condition?

ying also want to do everythin on her own. shoes n takin things, etc..most headaches is also the shoes, in hurry to leave home stil hv to wait for her. but if she dare gives the tantrunt or throw the things when we take over, hubby sure beat her hand. another issue is the choosin of clothes.... pj want to choose also. not happy, die die dun want to wear. then sit there naked n cry long time while competin with hubby to c c who last longer... the cryin tod or the scoldin daddy.....

only gd thing is self feed. then we could all eat peacefully, most of the. time...

poky, ya. mine is the ion something.. actually I dun noe whether it reli works but ever since we have it, personally my nose block is much much better.

The filter can change but according to the sales person, 10 years then change.

One thing thou, it has the humi function which I use every night, so every 2-3 nights I have to add water liao.

Also, my room is wood flooring so not supposed to be too wet otherwise it will warp.

Unlike the osim humi, there is no water vapour coming out from the machine, this was something additional that I like. Hope these can help you decide better.

Hello mummies..

the thread so active......

Wah.. hearin so many mummies preggy, i also miss..

But no #3 for me... The boys drivin me crazy....

Fel

take care..

rest more.. the world can wait...

2yr old

So fast our babies goin to terrible two..

Kasper will celebrate his bdae with a buffet and trip to aquarium this Good Friday..

bought him an ATV, and he so happy..

Allets

Im using Austin purifier.. like honeywell, its use by hospital.. abt $900 from Shaw Centre

This is for killing bacteria as my #1 always sick and we sleep altogether in the same room..

For humidifier, i use Novita..abt $300? Cos my aircon very dry.. i always kenna sore throat..

For this, i will put the essential oils in the water.. Eucalptyus -block nose, Lavender-sleep, Lemongrass-mosquitoes..

But the humidifier very waste water and electricity.. end up i switch on fan..

Looks like its common for two years old to insist things to be done in their own way! Haa.. Sometimes I really wonder is this a two year old should behave? *headache*

Allets,

My no. 2 gets blocked nose whenever I on air con during confinement. So jus nice my fren bought me the baby umist from Osim for baby full mth. Aft using my baby seems to slp better. Once the water runs out he starts to make grunting noises. So in a way it works for him. There's another thing called de-humidifier tt others say work also. U may want to chk it out.

thanks all... i bought the Novita humidifier .. with tea tree essential oil blend. so far tried for a week, and we can sleep better .Air not so dry i felt. but strangely, think is my nose.. cos i still woke up with block nose but not so jialiat. like what milktea said, must add water like every 3 days.

i saw the umist by Osim, simple design but ended up buying the one from Novita as it has more functions, like the baby function where the vapour are smaller and easier to be absorbed by baby / toddler.

L3x - cannot use de-humidifier. aircon is already a dehumidifier. so if use somemore, will make the whole room lagi drier.

I bought the same Sharp humifier/ purifer as Milktea, works well for my boy and hb. Strangely, hb's asthma came back recently after an absence of 30+ years. Pd said my boy may inherit it too since it has been passed down through generations. Bopee and hope he doesn't get it.

2Ks,

Where are you? Are you ready for May? I went to kaypoh and saw that you have named kristal! Nice name and rhythms with the surname :p

Btw, stomach flu is spreading these days..take care mummies.

mimimo: "wave wave"!! I am here

back to work after HL lor...

backaches, contractions visit me everyday leh...

yup! My hub and me finally came to a conclusion...will name her Kristal Beh. I also tot it rhythmes with the surname lor.

sigh...i am so very half hearted....

my MIL, SIL and Hubby want me to get a maid to help me out...

they think its too much for me to manage...

my mil asked me dont worry about the finance.

but its not just about finance isnt it...

haiz haiz haiz...

2ks

since they all so want a maid, n u half hearted. mayb juz try out first? if after hvin a maid, causin more trouble instead, then at least hv a 'valid' reason to terminate the maid. n try other options? else, u stil undecided. edd comin soon. even more jiatlat then to train a maid at such a last stage with n nb alrdy on hand? tat is if at last stage, u decided to hv a maid..

poky: my hubby is already choosing and liaising with the agency. he already interviewed a few himself...

i just need to sign documents and apply to take the test only.

but i feel very "gao wek" u know...

super not used...but its like i bo bian...they think its too much for me to handle 3.

if come during confinement, my CL will be around. so she can help to train her abit la. basic stuff all that.

2Ks, I think you should get the maid first like Poky said, if really not suitable then you decide then.

Coz who knows, maybe you heng heng get a very good helper leh?

With helper, you can spend less time on housechore, more quality time with your 3Ks. I think I am beginning to sound like maid agnecy advertisment liao. Haha..

milktea: thats what my MIL/SIL and hubby said to me. they talk to me soooo long last sunday...

i guess i really need some help??

shouldnt challenge myself anymore rite...sigh...

poky..wat is adult legging ah...is it hot..coz i sleep non air con..if i sleep air con even worst..cconfirm leg cramp..

but nowadays i more diligent to do the leg exercise and massage b4 sleep..like less incidences recently..

ST u really bian tai...its really painful for until i have to stand up...n try to clear the cramp..still dont work lor..

how;s matthias welcoming the didi? my C nowadays very sweet..wil kiss didi etc...i dont remember my J last time like tt coz mayb he was much younger..C was born when J was 22 months..

i am still not getting a maid..hahaha..but my mum will be ard solely for taking care of #3 til he turns 18 months n i can ship him to cc wiht the kor kor n jie jie...

n with my mum ard, i can ask the part time helper to come more often to clean the house during weekday..can also do laundry , ironining if require..

but once back from work..my mum will off duty..

i feel #1 n #2 oredi more independent..can play on their own...only need to bath them , clean after poo poo..etc..

anyways i know of a FTWM fren expecting #3 , is getting a second maid in view of #3..so every household is different..she work long hours so no choice i guess...and she is already very complacent coz she hasnt been washing anymilk bottles etc..haha..then agian her #2 is only 1 plus i suppose our 2 plus is more independent..

and i have another forum #3 mummy...expecting #3...not getting any help coz their maid CMI (tried for 1 month).so fire liao..and her #1 amd #2 are months younger than mine..

tt one really siong..but she knock off on time to cook dinner etc..

no right or wrong..just what works for a household..

for me my parents is working and my mil is also working...and my hub is always flying...

i wanna challenge myself to do it actually...i think i still can make it..just everyday flat.

but i really have no time for my kids...

now kyler has homework every now and then. i have no time to teach him....

very busy with chores everyday...

furthermore...i need an hour to reach hm....by then finished my chores, bath, already 9.30pm...

the most siong period is when my hubby away...that day i was so pissed off with kyler that i slapped him so hard on the face...

i simply lost it...my back is breaking and i need to clear the mess that he vomitted out...

haiz...very half hearted...although i no need to pay a single cent. but i need to manage another person...a stranger...i really dunno.

2Ks,

Pat pat, hope the backache and contractions will ease up soon...I think just give it a try for your own sake and for your family. Who knows luck may fall upon you and you get an awesome one. How are your kids reacting to mei mei?

mimimo: thanks...

backaches i keep applying cream lor...contractions i take medicine. well...age is catching up on me la...

kyler sometimes outside wanna lift up my clothes, he said he wanna talk to meimei.

for kiefer, he knows got meimei...but he refused to touch my tummy.

but he monkey see monkey do la..when korkor kiss he also kiss lor.

i havent buy presents for them.

pat pat on 2ks.....yeah, i think u shd try having a maid too. i guess u shd be stopping at #3 right? then all e more u shd have better rest n bu ur body up to best condition after birth.

understand e not comfortable about having another stranger at home. but at least, she can help ease ur work a little. if dont want her to touch your 3k, then let her just focus on housework and cooking.

u r on ur final tri...jiayou jiayou!

Jaime, whenever I mention about didi, he will run away lo....only when he requests sth from me....then i will say ...u kiss didi first ... have to use reward system [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I also hvnt buy present for Matthias... but get to spend some times with just Matthias during our KL trip and 2 weeks later, we are going to Malacca.

I guess after give birth, will have to stop travelling for at least 1 yr [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my two kids are quite keen on the baby in the tummy..every nite must kiss didi and hug..my C will ask J to sayang didi also..

i saw ur KL photo...i see all the food i was like salivating..i haven been back recently also..gg back end May for BIL wedding..i so scare i will pop i wil bring my hospital bag along..

i suppose during ML can do a short trip nearby like Msia..tt time C 3 months old we went desaru..

not worth flying though coz bb so young..unless u dump baby in sg which i prob wont do due to b/f

mummies...i need tips please

a bit buey tahan my gal now, every evening after school. she like to dilly dally, refuse to shower or wash her backside after poo when needed. washing her hair is a nightmare too...wat tricks or tips shd i do to make her experience more pleasant? for poo, suggest just wipe her backside, she insist of washing it w water, but she refuse to step into e bathroom. really dont know what she want sia....

hmm...all along she dont really like water (but love going to swimming pool)....just that nowadays, getting her into e bathroom seems even more challenging.

do you experience the same? or after shower, refuse to put on clothes. shout n scream till ceiling wanna drop?

i thinks she wants attention or want to choose ppl to do it for her. last time she chooses, we suit her n she is ok. now everyone she also dont want. dont understand wat went wrong.

tried creative ways to cheat her into bathroom, tried forcing her into there, used tricks, used cane...till we zero idea already. if scare her w cane too much, she will shout till vomit....*shakehead*

how huh?

Jaime, I really enjoyed the KL trip ...had so many good food ...next destination will be: Penang!!! heehee ...can plan to go during ML...

when is ur EDD? I am still thinking if i should attend a wedding in KL on 1st June....my edd falls on 26 June.....

2ks,

think most mommy want to take care of their kids on their own as much as possible. but sadly, reality dosent allow that many to do tat, unless one can b deprive of slp n rest on long period of time without losing their sanity. addin on that ur hub away often, y not juz try alternative to c arrangements can b done? leave all the husechores n etc for maid, while u can conentrate on ur kids. frankly speakin, even with a maid, lookin after 2tod n a bb will stil b tough! n as u say, ur cl can help to train also. ur hub alrdy interviewin, might as well juz rest ur mind n take all the rest u can b4 u deliver?

for myself, i stil undecided. cos everythin depends heavily on fil health condition... as long as fil restin athome, we wont ask mil to help with lookin after the bb. so either infant care or unpaid leave for me.... lucky for. me, hub workin trips is usually only 4~8x a yr. else, i may hv to seriously consider a maid too!

jamie

juz like the leggin for the bb, but bigger version for adult. help to warm the calves n circulate the muscle to prevent cramps. :p

btw, any mommies hv lobang for aunties or services that only do the cookin for confinement? charge for cookinn deliverin while we provide food ingredients?

won mummy,

do u allow those bath toys to keep her entertain? we used to coax my gals by lettin choose from a stack of toys then they carry themselves to the bathroom. my younger one also dun like water. so i will pretend sprayin water at her side, like 'missed' her, to. start her playin n laughin, b4 i really proceed to spray on her on off, v fast, type... she now more used to it le. especially when she bath with her older sis together. monkey c, monkey do. the sis play with water n bubble, she followsuit. as for clothes, she recently. develop her own strong views, want to choose her own. if not cry tilno tmr n refussin to wear even when we forcefully try to... so will give her a couple more clothes to choose. but will tell her, if she dun wantany, we. will choose n she got no choice. only then she wil choose one of the selection.... usually she rather it her own choosin from the selection (even though she dun like any. of it) than we juz pick one n make her wear. :p

i guess, it stil depends on ur gal character, soft or hard approach work better on her?

poky: these few days i was so stressed up...i see biodata until i blur and sick of it.

hubby scolded me even said he pay money and see me suffer like that. he said he wanna work peacefully thats why decided on one.

i told him off, he very insenstive, he never think how i think lor. why i will like that...

i also got my fair share of things to worry mah...

but anyway he already chosen the maid. i let him chose cos anything he be responsible. i just need to sign documents and take the stupid mom orientation test.

pray hard bah...

won_mummy: i think bo bian one...

can only wait for her to outgrow this phase.

does she like bath tub?

my boys like bath tub...so no prob getting them to bath...

just that must let them play awhile then can get up.

poky: why dont get a full time CL? yr last one rite?

do a proper one to build up yr health la..

take sufficient rest...

i miss my CL lor! and the rest and relax for the one month...being served..hehehehe

poky - soft approach works better for her. but hor, she really dilly dally till v long. esp when we need to go out, etc. we cant afford to play time w her. yes, we tried letting her bring a toy in, left some items in there etc. but she still cant stop screaming lor....i guess cos ur gals got accompany. so they tend to follow elder ones, easier to manage. i dont have this problem when i bring her to inlaw house when elder nephew is there. she will willingly Q outside e toilet for her turn to shower lor.

2ks - good idea! she haven step into a bath tub for a long time. maybe thats wat she is missing [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2ks

super agree! guys r juz insensitive to partners need! juz fork money n think everythin settle liao! since he chose, nxt time anythin, juz tell him, his choice mah! lol

watever ba. juz take thing as it. come. not worth to get ur pressure up over this!

yep. suppose #2 was my last one, also not proper one with cl. but my choice of givin bm over fm la. so cant complain. this round same also.. as long i can provide bm, wil not take herbs or. ginger to prevent high jaundice.... #1 hosiptalise once, #2 hospitalise twice despite my efforts in eliminatin jaundice causin food. sigh.. #3 can only hope it 1x triple light lor.... wat the pt of hiring cl when i can eat the foods? or i not at home, but at hospital with bb for 2wks out of the 4wks? cl nothin to do except watch tv ba? cant expect her to stay at hospital with meto take care of the jaundice bb ba?!

rest? hmmm.. i thinki got no fate with it. lol wait till all family members r well then possible ba?

st

but day cl also dont fit my requirement. i only need someone to cook the food. nothin else. then day cl rest of the time do wat?

Back