(2011/03) Mar 2011

pixie - very good idea! tks for e tips! yes, porridge is getting boring now. likes especially ur making e patty and bring out w a pc of bread!! B's meals r planned this weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can go pinic le....lol.

ST - lazy mummy here. yes, i use premix pancake. just add water only. yes. kids & adults all have e same breakfast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

heehee...thank pixie for the tips ...

I also think can upgrade them to adult food liao ...much easier...but have to be careful with salt & sugar intake ..

thanks Pixie for the tips!

I also thinking of ways to incorporate CHloe food into our adult food leh!!

McDonald's hotcakes can or not???

tres

mac hotcakes can lah, abit of everything for her to try

i even let my bb tried prata 2 days ago...just a small nibble lor, this time round im more relaxed with the food LOL

won_mummy

alternatively, can say that im lazy...coz u know, small patty in a small container (1/2 palm size) + a pc of bread in plastic really looks "attractive" when im going out with the 2kids.....always looking at ways to reduce bag load :p

Wanna share smth with all.

Sheng Shiong supermarket having Mamypoko wipes sale...

2x80pcs for $4.75

Last time was 3x80pcs for $8.95

So this time the sale is very good....

Fel - but I tried the new mamy poko wipes , material thinner like pigeon de, than is no longer can draw out the wipes easily .. I think cos too thin so when you draw out 1 piece, the other dun follow .. Prefer the older one that was thicker and The wipes follow one after another .

2ks - I bought my from ntuc leh .. Apparently mamy poko changed packaging .. And It is slightly smaller pack than the old version also ..dunno leh, just the wipes don't come out 1 by 1 than makes it diff to change a flipping butt ...

How is kiefier btw ? Discharged ?

allets: really? when i go BKK, i buy one packet to try. mamy poko usually made in thailand one.

thanks for asking, yes kiefer is discharged.

i am damn shacked already...

think he is suffering from this "holding breathe sympton"...

very chim...i also just learnt of it lately..

2ks- if schedule permits, take a day rest to recover and also spend more time with the 2Ks.. so any medication to prevent seizure or very much not to agitate him ?

ST - ya loh..very chim.. i read up on Seizure.. it states that when bb agitated,excited or even crying, some forget to breathe.. than the oxygen supply gets cut off... but bb will outgrown it as they gets older...

mummies- just to check, anyone of you give your bb pillow to sleep on ? previously J was using the dimple pillow and like getting very small so thought of changing.. but what i saw from KP the babysafe one that is suitable for 2years and below, like very flat leh.. than the next one like very high.. so any recommendation what kind of pillow to let them sleep on ?

ST: yes, its called "holding breathe spells"

something triggers him and he not happy or what, then he will go into this, crying with no sound, mouth open and refused to breathe, then will go into seizure and then face turn bluish...then limpy..

scary huh...

Morning Mummies...It's Monday again..=(

2Ks - Glad that Kiefier has now better. I've also not heard of holding breath symptom. But I have ever heard of bb who blackout after long period of crying. Hope he will outgrow this soon. Give him lots of hugs and kisses so that he will feel loved and will not be so agitated.

allets: My bb dun sleep on pillow. He will turn around when he's sleeping, so no point giving him pillow as he will not stay on the pillow.

Really thinner? I haven buy the new packaging one before. So can't comment. Later I go and see where is it made from... Then maybe buy one pack to try first n see how...

2k- take care...

2Ks, sounds scary leh.... How you realize he has this illness and send him to hospital? Sorry if you did mention in previous posts which I didn't read back - no time to catch up.

annie: ya..its very scary...i so cool also stunned can..

its not considered an illness cos there is no medication to be given.

MRI, lungs all cleared..

he had seizure lor..4x for 2 days that triggered me to send him to hospital.

the worst thing is my hubby is not around and i am all alone....

i buay tahan already, i fell sick yday...slept for many hours...

sinmey: i actually wanted to make the "lao ban" style dou hua and jelly hearts cake for my hubby one for valentines..

end up i spent my weekends in the hospital..

yawn...

and my hubby is flying off again on wed...boo...

today is Bernice's 1st lunar bday!! time flies.

I think someone asking what to let baby hold? I found this (Jap style, but i think quite useful for us too):

A peek into the future

Another part of the “First Birthday” tradition was an event known as Erabitori (選び取り/ Pick & keep an item). We had a few items set before him. It is said that the first thing that Baby select will show his calling, a tendency towards a specific career field. (The following list of items was suggested from this Japanese site.)

Writing Brush or Pen > Artist / Writer

Abacus > Merchant / Good with calculation

Money or Wallet > Blessed with abundance of wealth, property, and other material goods

Scissors > Skillful hands / Fashion

Measuring Ruler > Methodical / Own a big house in the future

Chopstick, Spoon or Rice > Chef / Never go hungry

Dictionary > Excellence academic performance / Person with extensive knowledge

Ball or Shoes > Athlete / Outstanding motor reflexes

Read thru other website, i think its quite flexible for us now cos old tradition stuff might not be valid for us now.

Rule: set these items slight distance from them. let them crawl/walk over to take, after getting 1st item, remove from them n cont for 3 times = their top 3 choices.

Enjoy!

ST - not doing much leh. didnt take leave cos i have been taking leave on n off. only ask my mum to make mee sua for her meals today w egg yolk & wear new clothes. tonight when i m home, will get ready all these items for her to pick.

read abt stepping on ang ku kueh. but i dont know what it represent. so i m not doing that.

i m only celebrating her english birthday.

won mummy - i think i read somewhere that for stepping on the big ang ku kueh, it is like symbolising that the toddler breaks off from the parent after the 1st year..something to that meaning ba.. let me check with my ah ma when it is Janelle's turn 2 sundays from now...

won-mummy: Yah, my mum told me that bb has to step on ang ku kueh! Then I asked her to double check with her elder sister, who then said it's tooooo out-dated, dun need to do nowadays.

But my mum insist to buy shoes for my boy to wear on 1st bd.

2Ks, hard on you le.... You must continue to show your super woman/mom style! Jia you, you can do it, idol! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won_mummy, thanks for the great info. I am doing it next wed, Javier's lunar bday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Getting all things prepared.

1st bday - have to get new shoes .....aiks but I havent buy ...bought those $9 prewalker shoes...all cant wear [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies ...

just for sharing ...Baby Matthias Birthday Photoshoot preview

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6674567.jpg]

Wow ST, looks good! Bet you had a good time? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy V day to all mummies and babies!

2ks, hope your little one is recovering well, take care!

ST: hihi...your eyes very bright huh...i was sitted in the car u also can see me..

you & hubby so loving, still holding hands..

me & hubby now is each holding EACH boy hands

airmez - yeah, i asked my dad again abt e ang ku kueh, he say so old fashion. no need to do anymore lar...lol...likes

new shoe - yes, i heard need to wear. i ordered online, it arrived yday but my mum refuse to open the door! lol. end up I can't let bernice wear yesterday. its still in e post office.

ST - $9 for prewalker? thats cheap! where you buy it from? got size? i have a big leg gal. most prewalker shoe she cant fit. I need at least 14cm de. faintz. .......very nice pix of bb matthias!!

annie - hehe no problem. cos i also kpo wanna have fun with her picking the items [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] enjoy!

Happy V day everyone!!

2Ks - heehee holding hands...because he finds i walk too slow...grab my hand then i can walk faster :p

won_mummy: $9 prewalker shoes from BP/Gmarket ..those "guess" "mothercare" $9 prewalker shoes ...quality is really so so...

Jaime - Eco Lake near Jacob Ballas Children Garden ...very lovely place [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I love outdoors too!!!

ST

nice nice!! so how was the photographer? mine is nex next next friday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but hor havent bought my clothes. kids clothes settled liao...

was the time given to you enough?

i hope he had loads of shutter clicks and return u lots of photos!

2ks

now my #1 will "order" me to hold papa's hands while he holds the other side etc...

whoohoo

brightstarkids labels 15% off all items, who is keen, pls pm me yah, i might be getting some labels for myself heehee

so nice to go for photoshoots.. but my hb buay gian on this... he super not on de leh.. boring hb! Nothing for Vday is ok, cant even spend the evening with us... Valentine day still need to go for IPT training... so my valentine this evening will be Little Janelle.. BORING hubby i got!

Shoes - i need to look for a pair of nice little shoes for Janelle's 1st Bday,, went to all those shops at JP but cant find a suitable pair for her...

what is prewalker shoes ? means those not meant for walking de ?

ST - Where u get your balloon from?

I book dphotofolio studio for family PS liao....

Clothing wise all haven decide...

Allets - Prewalker shoes r softer and thinner ba... When learning to walk? starting wear pre walker shoes... I got many pairs at home and Eden don't wear them at all.. Total got four pairs... only wear one from Mothercare one.. Only that one fits him well (previously) and easy to wear + got a little friction....

Now he is wearing See Kai Run shoe for his daily walking... I buy SKR from online BP also...

If wanna buy SKR, buy the "SKR" type.. Better friction... Don't buy the "smaller" one.. Smaller = pre walkers... can't last long and thinner padding...

Back