(2011/03) Mar 2011

Angelia: woot, without epi congrats! u will get your bag le haha.

cynthia: me waiting >.<

rach: hehe xie xie ni, help me announce.

damn lah..I was going to post somtin in the afternoon de woh..then keep trying cant post..then I realise SMh got problems..

congrats to ANGELIA...

CYNTHIA-- waitlist list I add on..hehe..

Mummies on waiting list.

============================

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Tres

4) Cynthia

5) Valerie

6) Lx3

7) Mi

I beleive still got some more, feel free to add on yourself...

LAILAI- gd luck to you too! enjoy yourself..like what SPYRIA say, life will never be the same again..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angelia : still waiting for ur story here :D esp ur hubby part lah. hahaha

cynthia : yup its just us + Valerie also

lailai : wow induce after midnight, all the best okay. hope u'll have a smooth delivery

Rach: I order the tea at 1st but later cancel. You got spare mah? I have been trying to take Annum milk. I have been trying to pump till empty then rest for 5-10 mins before pumping. But quite depressing when the output seems less compare to during confinement.

limlim, i reali don think this is a good time to get a helper now... u have ur bb to worry now and another helper will just going to make things worse cos u still have to train the helper. so i think prob wait a while first, wait for things to settle down then get a helper ba.

Hi all mummies!

I have new black colour Baby Bjorn Synergy (Baby carrier) to let go at just $220...

Mothercare/Kiddy Palace is selling $299.

Pls PM me if interested! Thanks!

hahaa...

i see lah! no wonder... was thinking how come n one post anything wor...

by the way, my bb's face got red rashes leh.. anyway to get rid of it? or have i done something which cause the rashes? so heart pain to see his face always not clear one...

do you all wrap your bb up when slping? my mom and MIL say bb likes to be warm... then use those bathing towel and wrap him up!!! will over heat or not?

sigh.. can't wait for this wkend! want to escape from reality and go some retail shopping!!!

starfruit: thanks for the update :D

limlim: i agree with zenia, unless u got family to help u train your helper.

Angelina: haha.. yes... waiting... waiting...

Shirley: u wanna try my cl agency? Dunno have or not but can try.

My cl quite supportive of bf.. Usually she will ask whether I wanna latch or feed ebm.

Cynthia, Angelina, starfruit.....

Me me, still here n nothing happening. I'm waiting too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tomorro I'm having my check up and will update [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Angelia & pinkypink

Congrats!!!!!! Look forward to your birth stories!

Limlim: I m also half hearted to engage a helper.. One hand want the other hand don't want..

So now see how..

As for milk supply, try to latch/pump regularly.. By end of 2nd month u wanna increase also abit difficult le..

Jaster: those red dots like pimples are common.. Some hormones prob I think. Just use boiled water clean the face.

And I still swaddle bb at night.. They will zzz better

Hi Mummies,

Im a silent reader here on waiting list too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies on waiting list.

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Tres

4) Cynthia

5) Valerie

6) Lx3

7) Mi

8) Ivy Koh

Cant wait to pop but my princess seems to be enjoying inside [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Princess Suniska is here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] 50cm n 2.85kg n 34cm head.

M in pain n Bb has a little water in lungs. but all ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Repost!

Mummies on waiting list.

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Tres

4) Cynthia

5) Valerie

6) Lx3

7) Butter8

8) Mi

9) Ivy Koh

Butter8, our EDD near too.. Angelia already pop *sob sob*

My check up this wed lo. Hope my flu will be better. So sian of waiting n irregular contractions too!! Aiya ask gynae do VE la don't want to wait Liao heehee.

Straylamb, you can try to take the fenguneek supplement? I took that for two days inititally when my supply is low and CL cooks papaya soup everyday for me, then I diligently pump every 2 hrs (15 mins each session but try to increase the intensity of strength if you can tahan, if not try at your best strength) without fail (night time I drag to 3 hrs pump meaning after 12 midnight, I pump at 3am and 6am next) then back to 2 hrs pump. Latch whenever possible. You need to drink fluid (half a mug) before pump and after pump then rest as much as possible, between pump. In just few days time you will see your supply hike up. Until you have meet your target supply then you go back to 3 hrs pump.

Angelia, I think you miss the crucial first hour latching after delivery. That is when bb suckle most effectively. Now think bb is sleepy le. But still, you have to try your best with the help of the lactation consultants in TMC to latch bb asap. Once she can latch well then no problem liao. You just have to be hardworking on pumping/latching later.

lilprecious, thanks for assuring not necessary for hospital. But everyone is making me worry.. Said what later become asthma will be problematic. (btw, how to know if he has asthma? What kind of sound?) We already fed him the medicine twice coz no choice see him so xin ku we gave him the med n hoping he will become better. My hb doesn't seem to be interested in tuina leh.. Then my CL keeps suggesting idea of feeding what pearl powder, etc those kind of chinese medicine/way, how huh? I don't dare to reply her coz my hb dunno allow anot and I don't know whether it is a good idea to feed those kind of things. coz dunno if they really work. Don't like to anyhow feed my bb...

Anyone heard of pearl powder can reduce phlegm? My CL says can. But my MIL says it will cause phlegm! My CL always wanna introduce weird weird chinese medicine la, what pearl powder la, etc. Really getting on my nerves.. say what bb too small cannot cough long, better go buy the "bo ying tan" give him eat.

pinkypink : congrats !!! cant wait to see th epic of ur little princess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cynthia : my edd same like 2ks n angelia who popped earlier also. haizzzz still waiting

i dont think i will ask my gynae to do ve to me, scared pain de. anyway my baby's weight not proper yet. still under weight i guess. hope he'll gain a bit more on my next check up

Congrats Pinky! Hope to see yr princess photos soon.. Mus b a pretty lil girl w big eyes.. Hurhurhur... Rest more ya! The water in her lungs shud clear in a few days.. Don worry.. Hope yr pain goes off soon..... tk care!!

Jaime: I personally feel for mim sling it's more difficult to manage for younger kids esp nb.. Cos quite big piece n our bb so small gotta adjust alot.. Haha. But I was in love w it when Jav turned 1 n both me n him feel more comfy with mim sling cos he's bigger n much more easier to adjust..

Pupsiks really easy to manage esp fr young bbs, no need adjust, jus put in n can go out.. No need support the soft head n fumble w the adjustments of the ring n cloth.. =D so both got their gd points lo.. Yr mim sling is cloth? Or sateen one? Sateen much easier to adjust.. Mine cloth, it's like double difficult, cos sometimes the cloth get stuck n can't move well thru the ring.. So for me, I got both, when Jav was bb till 1yr old, I used the pupsik n den aft 1, I used mim sling.. Keke..

Sinmey: u jus gotta put bb in, wrap properly, den slowly pull n adjust until bb fits nicely in the sling.. N the position in comfy fr u... Tts y I Don really like using sling when the bb is still small, cos I feel nt easy to adjust while supporting, partly, like I mentioned, cos my sling is cloth one.. Hurhur.. Yrs leh? Is cloth or sateen one?I'm not v pro w it too.. Haha, maybe when I go evelyn's plc, I can show u?U stay same area as her right? I quite lousy w the sling.. Hahahaha. Another reason y I bought pupsik, put n go!

limlim: have u tried fernugreek? I think it helps, im pumping abt 90ml each time now. pump only 12mins max, cox i lazy. take 2 capsules each time. U can buy the powder from mustafa, very cheap only. My MIL make into capsules for me.

As for maid wise, why dont u try Dans Services, website is www.dansservices.com. Can see from online biodata and choose. Prices are reasonable. Quickly get before April, else price increase.

Mummies on waiting list.

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Tres

4) Cynthia

5) Valerie

6) Lx3

7) Butter8

8) Mi

9) Ivy Koh

10) Leon

Looks like the list is getting longer...

Shirley: I think if yr CL is really stressing u up, it's nt a bad idea to let her go.. U need help more den stress nw.. N u need rest.. Mmm, maybe u can try getting a helper instead? Or get another CL frm agency , another alternative u go to Feb forum or Jan forum n ask if anyone can intro u theirs since they alrdy finished their confinement.. Don b so stressed up k, if nt it'll affect yr supply too.. Don bother arguing w yr CL also alrdy since she's like tt, think u ignore her the best.. Wadever she say u jus one ear in n one ear out..

Annie: asthmatic should b v strong wheezing sound.. It sounds v scary one.. Shud b able to differentitate.. Hee.. Mmm, since yr pd alrdy said it's nth to worry abt, think it shudnt b too big a prob.. Pearl powder I heard of.. But I don like to feed bb any medication when young.. My mum insisted too to feed the pearl powder n dono wad ba bao San or sth for children when 吓到 during Jav's time.. Me n my hb jus refused lo.. N when I brought Jav to tuina, I ask the sinseh, they themselves tell me bb too young, don need medication, thus ask me don give him any of those.. So I went back told my mum wad the sinseh said, den she kept quiet n din force me to feed Jav any of those.. Cos sinseh says she believe, I said she don believe, jus think I m purely against it.. =.=

mummies, ask u all ah.. i got my gynae appointment tml, 1st follow up after i gave birth. Am i supposed to bring my baby along? Or just go myself??

Limlim> first things first, dun compare!!!

Then ull be relaxed.... Then supply will go up...

Dun keep comparing cuz comparison is very stressful de...

Relaxed... Look at ur baby... If u need a break.. See if u can get any help.. If u wanna go out... Can come my place?? Else bring ur baby go walk walk a bit....

Yes I have plenty milkmaid tea extras.. Ordered a lot that time...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jaster> yah.. Baby likes to be wrapped cuz that's similar to when they are in the womb... Too free they no security will be scared... I use diaper cloth to wrap cuz cooler.. Swaddling blanket too hot I feel.. Cuz too thick...

I didn't even buy swaddling blanket this time round...

Plenty of RY stuffs... Asked helper to wash but disappeared... Think she mixed with the supposed to throw away bag and threw all away... Sigh... Mittens also can't find...>.<""""

Annie, I think Ur CL n my CL has the same mentality. Ask us to buy pearl powder or those weird weird stuff fr medical hall when Bb got those pimple like spots or got phlegm or cough. Veri irritating.

Liprecious, I am asking ard for CL already n I think the CL know I very pissed with her now.

My gynae dr han just called me to check how am I. Told her ystd I passed out the mucous plug (red with brown color), then today only spotting but evening uring got some more little mucous again. She started worry and said if I got more bleeding and experienced some contractions later or tomorrow, then I should call up Labour Ward!?! Cos i have already dilated 1.5cm last sat?

Scared me manz... She sounded confident that I will be able to see her one more time next Sat on my last visit... i still happy that I can go work this week. Alamak, now I dunno how to get myself out the door to go work 2mr liao. *scare scare

Shirley: I see.. Tts good.. At least she knows.. Fr the time being jus ignore her first..

Limlim: relax.. Slowly u'll get the hang of it n get used to routine k.. Don b stressed up, once stressed, no milk.. U finish confinement alrdy, if yes, can go out, take a short walk, go shopping.. Destress ok!

Shirley: I already Pm u the cl agency contact

Annie: regarding Chinese medicine here I m to comment already... My mil told me that nowadays pearl powder can be fake one. It doesn't hv the kind of medical benefits anymore but alot of ppl still trust that.

As for bao Ying Dan/ ba bao San.. This one I used before when kyler on western medicine but didn't recover.. But I only try Chinese medicine after 6 months.. I dun believe in feeding newborns ANY medicine..

Mummies, no wonder can't post anything juz now.. Thread got prob..

Want ask a few qn:

1) how much shld a baby 7 day old drink ? My baby sleep n when I latch during daytime he dozed off after 15 min suckle. Then how I know he is getting enuff?

2) I stil v discouraged. Stil getting 20ml per pump only n this max is achieved only when I manually squeezed n squeeze... I tried to latch n pump but v hard leh since baby suckle awhile then sleep then awhile later wan suckle again. So hard to pump every few hrs.. Very sad n loss sometimes dono if I shld pump caz scared pump Liao baby wan milk then I no chance latch.. Wat shld I do????

Sigh

Belinda,

I saw Dan Services too & e consultant in Jurong branch very customer service. You chose which branch? Fresh maid too? I also worry on the maid salary increasing lo. Now fresh maid also need up to $400 Filipino.

Phew the waiting list still long heehee. Finally mid march! Jia you!!!

Angelina,

Don't worry, alot mummies pop here bb weight some around 2.3-2.5kg too. Can pump when bb out. Sometimes they can't absorb Inside, I rather bring out as long cross over 37weeks. Now my bb also absorb slower.. So wed if bb alsonot gaining I rather induce out lo.

Belinda,

Usually when I go for gynae appt I didn't bring bb along.

Hi mummies, for de abdominal binder, how long do we need to wear in a day? Do we need to wear it overnight? I still hav big tummy like 5 mths prenancy, after 6 days delivery (c-sect w epidural). My gynae advised not to hav massage to avoid injure on womb. Anyone could share gd advice to reduce tummy size effectively? Tks.

Hey mommies.. Another question

for those taking fenugreek .. How many capsules did u gals take on a daily basis to increase supply??? I just bought a bottle and it states as a dietary supplement take one per day.. Is that enough to boost supply??

Hi mummies

Didn't have time to read the posts..abit down today cos after bb pd check, Bb was admitted to kk for jaundice.. Her level was 16 .. When she was discharge on fri, her level was only 7.. Haiz.. Knowing that Bb jaundice is normal, but when pd told me, still uncontrollably cried.. Now better Liao.. Hopefully by Tmr she will be better.. So for now,i diligently pump out for hb to bring ebm to hosp.. Milk is coming cos per 20mins pump able to have a combined output of 100-120ml per pump session..

Cngrats angelia n pinky !

cynthia: ya i know the jurong branch got very good customer service, esp the girl Analyn, but the branch is too far away for me to sign up liao, so i went to orchard branch instead. I got an EX-UAE/HK, graduated in caregiving, took care of newborns for 4 yrs. She has a pair of twin daughters! so cool.

Jeraldin: i take 2 capsules each time.

Belinda,

Oh ya e lady serve me is Analyn haha.

Ya we have to look out for maid able to take care younger children if possible ESP I have 3! Hai..

Belinda.. So it's 2 capsules 3 times a day isn't?

Planning to start tml.. Hopefully can see improvement soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi

Rach n other mums using the freestyle

I notice there is different size for the breast shields - so far is it a size that fits u all?

Cynthia

The agency pinky recommend not bad. I got a 4 yr Sg exp + 2 year ex msia filipina who has 2 kids herself age 10yr & 8 months. Worked with newborn n toddler before.

Limlim

Maid u hire must b of help asap n not a burden. If u must train n end up taking care of her no use n add to your stress. But if she can b of help, it's really quite a relief to have someone cook n clean. & even help w groceries etc.

I'm still waiting but i think I got very few signs. Baby not even turn down.

Good luck lailai!!

Mummies on waiting list.

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Tres

4) Cynthia

5) Valerie

6) Lx3

7) Butter8

8) Mi

9) Ivy Koh

10) Leon

11) xiaofeizhu83

Hi mummies!!

Was 4cm dilated this morn at check in but went ahead w csect ESP after reading shers experience of old wound rupturing.

Latched my princess at 315 n then ard every 2.5-3hrs. At 9 I realised I latch one side other side got leak liaoZ! Quite fast this round!!

Bit my girl only wanna latch one side n LC said to latch 20 mins after which she tends to sleep... Quite a sleepy baby!!

Butter8,

Yup pinky pm too their website. Looking at that too.. Now getting them in Also need min 5weejs. Yours is transfer maid or? I m trying to find transfer maid too but heard their salary more higher & even want once a week off!

Your maid how???

Butter> freestyle comes with softfit shield which is M size only...

Only PISA comes with Personalfit shield that comes with S MLXL sizes....

I'm ok with the M size...

pinky: think she still slpy now, slowly she'll b more awake.. hurhurhur..

Belinda: u got CL? if not jus keep bb at home lo.. i nvr bring bb to gynae each time i go, i leave my CL n bb at hm..hehee.. not man yue yet,can avoid going out den avoid, lesser contact w ppl n germs..

2Ks: same as me! i don believe n dislike giving bbs medicine.. =X

Jeraldin: supposed to be 3 times daily, but i take once a day only.

lilprecious: yeah lor, thought so too. btw, wanna ask u, for newborns right, i know they are supposed to keep warm. But my MIL says cannot on aircon/fan cause when I on aircon, baby sneeze. But then i see the baby, like damn hot like that lor, persipire, then the hair like damp like that.

shirley,

are u the one who says that ur bb produces yellow stools?

i have a ST article on the diff color n textures of baby's poop n their telltale signs.

apparently, yellow n seedy stools are good signs. the interpretation is " the gold standard for baby's poop. breastfed baby poop is bright yellow n mild-smelling. mummy should be proud'

unless its brown n loose, then its a sign of diarrhoea. (according to the article)

so if urs is above, its a good sign!

and thanks mummmies for creating the waiting list =) keep one another updated!

Back