(2011/03) Mar 2011

Tres

Depends on what u believe in...i believe a mix...but i have to do the extreme because of my gal's bad habit of wanting to be carried 24/7!!

Tres - I think its still quite okay la... Sometimes i will still carry him up after hearing him cry for quite sometimes, eyes big big, doesn't look like can settle down...

Mine is putting down to sleep only, when it's "sleeping time" for him.. Like every night 7pm... Sometimes i feed him, he is drowsy or even fall asleep in my arm liao, put down in his cot, he will eh eh , sometimes make pitiful crying sound but mostly 1-2mins or even lesser he will KO liao... But also got occasion when he cried longer la...

During day time if cry or what, will be a bit soft hearted la.. My son also ma...

Other occasion, as the crying taper down, means he is on the way to lala land liao... Which is also good la... Rest for mummy...

It's up to you to decide whether you want to train your baby a not.. Sounds a little cruel la, but it keeps your sanity in place lor... Next time when go back to work liao, maybe by then baby can learn to self settle, self soothe to sleep.... Imagine come back from work, so tired already but still need 1-2 hrs to shake,pat, sway and carry baby to sleep...

Can go bonkers lor... It's not an easy process la...

Angelina

Theres 3 cc at Chu lin road, 1 cc at jln remaja, & 1 at jln dermawan, & 1 at hillview way

Not sure if u have considered all of them? Im sure near u by bus or walk?

Need to ask the mummies who have had lumps before. Are the lumps supposed to be painful? I have this lump but it isnt painful leh... It's near the areola. Quite long already....

SN - Dont remember if my lump hurt.. I don't think so la..

As your baby suckle,u massage the lump???

Angelina

Chose the Cc that Josh likes n u comfy w. For a start better to start off on half day basis first then slowly lengthen his stay. But hor.. Initial few wks he may fall sick cos of the bigger environment w more exposure to virus.. So u mus be prepared for crying scenes n visits to doc. It may take them wks to settle in n u mus be a bit more "hard hearted" to leave him even if he's crying.. Tat will help him settle in more quickly..n solve ur prob of handling 2 kids in the long run..

Hope it will work out nicely for u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fel: Engorgement: lumps in the breast, mastitis: the skin will look tight, shiny slightly reddish and hot to touch. U will get fever and ur joints will ache.

tres, ya loh, my granny n mum say bb still young dunno what is wrong n right, so we cannot leave them to cry, must hug them tight and make them feel secure coz they may be lack of security. So when my parents around, I can't leave him to cry de, they will come n carry n coax him. Then when I'm alone I see him cry until face black I scare coz heartpain la and scare not good to his throat, etc. He can cry until like no voice, scary loh.

SN, my right breast always easily build up lumps one. Pump cannot help to clear off my lumps in my right breast, but fel is right, only my boy can help to clear off my lump, so I try to latch my boy on my right breast but he don't really like my right breast, dunno is it because of my short nipple or the lumps make the milk flow little n slow. My left breast don't have such problem one. Only when breast very full then I will feel lumps in my left breast but once I pump or latch, the lumps will go off. Only my right breast has this lumpy problem but is not painful unless go press n massage it hard then feel pain la. Like today I whole morning-afternoon didn't latch coz I sick, so MIL helps to look after and give ebm, so I only pump n I start to feel lumps in my right breast again! sigh.. Later wanna latch my boy on my right breast le, hope he can help me clear off.

Fel... Agreed w u too lah... Mustctrain, perhaps start w night sleeping time first.... In a way, I have been trying to practise this for a while alr... But when she cries for a while longer, it's me who pick her up n pat her to sleep... Hahaha, mummynhere giving a hand w the bad habit!!!

SN, ya, get the bb to latch, they are miracle workers.. Always when there are lumps, the bb will clear it away, the pumps won't... Let bb suckle ba!!

By now, I think we can identify the types of cries already so if it is those 'sai nai' cries, I will leave him alone...only when it gets very fierce...then I will go and assure him...

Babybride, I'm glad your lumps are cleared. Mdm Rokiah is the best so far...for clearing lumps 'cause I've tried a few MLs, went to lactation consultant & kana tortured by the nurses before...Mdm Rokiah is very skilled lah...not so painful yet very effective...=D I didn't sign up her package 'cause it is quite ex. And my bb don't have so much wind now already...Mdm Zalia helped to massage my bb that time..lol

Annie, when there are old people around, it is impossible to use CIO method. I can only do this when my MIL has left. Now I have lotsa 'spring cleaning' to do...lol...

Angelina

Fyi, build up josh immunity asap...lots of mummies give their kids colostrum supplement or sambucol...for me my son now taking sambucol...

Else fall sick often v taxing on u..u have to take care of bb + sick child...not ez!

Both popular supplements can spree in spree section. I ship them in myself sometimes to save hassle

Pixie - both the supplement is liquid form? Got website? Im keen... Cos my boy gg IFC soon..

Angelina

If the price difference is not an issue , choose based on ur gut feel

Also who are josh's classmate .. How many , the age gap etc

Coz u don't wan too few or too many lor

Need an opinion, my Hubby gg for another 2 wks overseas in mid may

He say ask his mum to help me but I prefer to slough it out myself coz I dun feel comfy staying together with MIL lor

2 wks leh ... 12 days !!!

My boy is full day CC , mean I need to bring both out in the morning , drop my boy

Then after school bring both out n pick my boy, settle his dinner , bathe etc n put to sleep

I have a car at my disposal n for my food may consider tingkat for dinner

I rather be alone n tired but happy then have help but feel unhappy

How .. Will die or not ??12 days but #1 in full day cc provided he is in pink of health

With some laundry to do

My hybby say I am mad lor . Got his mum willing to help y wanna reject

2ks , who send n pick kyler when ur hubby overseas

Eh fel....fyi, thats for kids lah, not for infants, best supplement still ur breastmilk...i doubt infants can take supplements anyway?!

Jaime... then do it on your own lor... but standby your MIL's help whenever you need a breather, for 1 or 2 days kinda...

remember, a relax mum and mum's sanity is key to the well being of her kids. If need help, dun shy to ask!

Yeah, my boy helps to clear off almost all my lumps except one! His suckle really well.. Dunno why latching is more powerful than pump hor? Feel so good after he latched!

pixie, so when must start to give our infant supplement? Wait until they how old?

ORCHARD GATHERING

I think we should just meet at ION SWENSENS (Basement 2)?

The only bad thing is that Basement 2 has no toilet.

Got to go up or down 1 floor.

Whoever early can go get seats first so that those who will be late can just head there straight to find us.

Annie

Infants dun need supplement, they get all the nutrients from bm leh....bm still the best

Usually supplements r for kids over 1yo or 2yo..depending on what kind of supplement lah

Cry It Out. From what I read suppose to start around 5 months but for #1 we started just before 4 months so that the maid doesn't keep rocking her to bed. I think to start now, gas is an issue. For us we use the tutu till we do the cry it out method but we still pat sometimes and we stay in the room cos scared something happens, can go deaf lah but it takes between 3 to 5 days to teach most babies new things.

pixie, ya la, I mean when should we start introduce them supplement. So is 1 or 2 yrs old huh.. okok so when 1 or 2 yrs old give those u mentioned in the above post?

I also think we meet straight at the restaurant better coz at least those who arrive early can have a seat n wait for the rest to join in.

Lailai, so u tried mdm zalia post natal massage? How much? Good anot? Mdm rokiah package now got discount but they only teach us how to bb massage but don't massage bb..

Mdm rokiah say bb got lots of wind inside so he wan carry to sleep. Really huh? I tot he pampered wan carry to sleep

Fel n Annie: yea! i broke Fel's record.. 8 days!! he pooed on 9th day.. almost fainted.. stained the bedsheet n clothes n all..immd undress n dump him into bathtub n bathe! hahaha.. its the 2nd time alrdy, the first time, Jay actually din poo for 3-4 days den also stained the clothes n all, also bathed immd.. luckily so far all happened at hm, Jav last time tried a few times outside, stained my carrier lo n clothes n my clothes..headache! but at hm i always put an extra nappy cloth underneath him so if he stains, it kena the cloth unless really like the 8 days nvr poo, tt one really power la, so seep thru the cloth also..=.=

Annie, u v rich hor, throw away the rompers?! hahahaa.. i wash them leh, somemore mine all old clothes passed dwn frm Jav, thou i sometimes also really got chong dong to throw n nt waste my time washing..hehe..

i love Jav's poopoo schedule, everytime straight away aft eat..he will poo.. one day twice,haha..

the supplement nt meant for infants de.. only when yr child reaches like 1 yr plus o den start giving.. like cos if they gg CC den will needa boost immunity lo..

tres: u haf to be hard hearted de lo.. if nt next time the person who suffer is u or the caregiver.. how to haf time keep carrying n rocking or patting? mus let bb learn to soothe himself to slp..it takes time, but bb will get it sooner or later.. its v zek ark la to do tt n leave bb to cry, but its for his gd n yr gd.. u can rest n he can learn to slp himself..my Jav also like tt, cry frm young n slp de.. till nw, if i wanna pat him, he'll push my hands away n turn n slp himself..so its a habit frm young lo.. imagine if u got 2 next time n yr bb still wans u to pat.. think u pengsan..=X haha..

Angelina: i guess im gonna say wad the other ladies haf said also..haha, cannot choose for u..u gotta do it yrself.. cos only u've seen the places, n u mus choose them according to yr own judgement.. my personal thinking is, the sch tt u r comfy with, the tchrs n env.. is the right sch.. n also mus take into consideration of Josh, which one he prefers.. i tink u cld ask yr hb tk off if possible, when Josh starts sch, so tt he can help out abit as when Josh goes in first few days, he may cry n u might need help to settle him.. n like wad pixie says, he might fall sick quite often esp for the beginning part, like Jav, he went one week n sick for 2 weeks, tmr hes returning back.. so mus b prep to still look aft a sick child n nb..

jia you k! maybe u wanna chk out a few more schs b4 u decide? or else tell the principal, u wanna haf a trial so u can see hw Josh adapt den decide if u really cfm wan him in tt sch.. =) anything jus sms me ya! =D thou im far frm u, can still lend listening ear..hurhur..

im different, think cos im a sadist.. torture myself..hahahaha! i jus dislike my mil to help n my mum is busy..but even if shes free i also dowan la.. =P cos i always feel i got my own way of doing things n my own set of rules so i don allow ppl to disrupt my life or e way i teach my kids.. so i rather suffer myself lo, my hb say i v funny also la, but he also don like our parents to come interupt n disturb me when i teach my kids. =P

Jaime: if im u..i choose to tk care myself.. hahahaha! cos aft all, yr boy in CC, not so bad u can handle yr girl den settle most stuffs liao den fetch yr boy back, come back only needa settle dinner n slp..hehe..

Babybride, Mdm Zalia is good in her massage..she uses lotsa oil...each session is $50 for 75min..so what I did was 60 min post-natal massage+binding & 10min for bb massage. She will massage my breasts also..felt much better after that..

What I've learnt is the baby's tummy will usually be very hard if it is windy so if it is soft and your baby is crying...then confirm he/she wants to be pampered. Hehe.

Ok

Thanks for ur support .. I will try to tahan for 12 days

I only worry if both need me then I die ESP when feeding my son then my daughter cry .. Die lor

Jaime: wad i do if im feeding Jav n Jay cries, n i know hes jus crying for attn, i'll still cont feeding Jav but talk to Jay n comfort him abit.. as long as hes nt hungry or wad, i'll leave him la.. ive even tried Jav feeding n Jay cried for milk, end up i feed one w each hand..ahahaa..

Fel, annie, tres- i only latch abt 3 times a day, not enough to clear the lump hor? Cos like 3 weeks already leh. N the lump is located below his lower lip when baby latches, so he cannot really reach to help me suckle it away leh....

Fel/pixie: I m also using the CIO method..lol

I need to set a routine for him lor.. Otherwise go back to work or when he go IFC he will suffer even more..

Sinmey: nope I didn't stay there. I just leave and go.. 3 days half day.. I remember when The first day, I weeper when I reached home cos house so empty..

But I think kiefer I won't lor.. Lol

Fel: if I m not wrong sambucol can only be taken 1 year onwards... Colostrum think can.. But I hv many friends said colostrum not effective..

Kyler takes Sambucol.. Works for him

What is CIO that you all are talking about? What does CIO stands for?

lilprecious, you make me worry now.. Worry when my Javier poo will be a super massive one! Oh no...! What if he this thurs poo at Orchard? I'm scare!! I think I better bring extra clothing and diaper.. and I better lay a cloth diaper on the stroller to prevent him from kena-ing the stroller (in case)... I not rich la, just that I really scare to wash the shit stain leh.. Maybe first time mummy so no experience.. haha..

SN, my lump that can't be clear off also located at the lower part, same as u. Those upper and side lumps can be cleared off once my boy latches. I just leave the lower lump there leh since it's not painful.

Annie, oh i see, i feel better now that i know it's normal for it not to be cleared since it is unreachable by the baby... Thanks thanks. I am quite paranoid abt lumps. I suppose it should slowly dry up once we eventually stop bfing...

Jaime: I send and fetch myself.. Nearby only Ma can drive.. But got once I sling and push stroller.. I find easier leh cos no need to load and unload didi..

But sometimes my dad if he no ot he help me fetch kyler back..

Same I rather handle myself..

Me lor! That day didi cry then I feeding kyler.. I feed kyler first cos he is dozing off then stuff tutu to didi..

Haha, no need worry la! I tt time gt a few times in e end, I everytime go out bring 2 sets extra clothes n 5 diapers fr bb n I brought one extra top fr myself. Hahaha!!

U jus bring extra clothes fr Javier lo den lay nappy cloth on the stroller, jus in case! Hehehe

Angelina: hv u considered rosy hearts babies? How old is Josh nw? If under 18 mths no problem to get place but if older might b tough.. Call n find out?

it's run by nurses! Super clean n hygienic plus very nice n homely w caring teachers! I kept wanting to

Put synay there but kept backing out! When i finally decided, they had no vacancy le! :p

Mummies, need advice on what size diaper. My boy now 6kg n precursor using huggies size S but too small n tried size m but will leak. So recently change to mamy poko size S as it stated up to 8kg, but just 2 days only his tigh got two red lines, is it too tight for him? N if change to size m scare will leak. What size/brand to use?

Just open a jumbo pack mamy poko size s only guess will be wasted.

Jasper, oh got no. 1,2,3 one har! Haha! I just took one diaper out to see. So yr boy wearing wat size? Mine wear size s but his tigh there got red red lines.

Pandahut - try fitti. More leg room.

I gave half a pack of dryers S to my fren. Finishing MP size S and will change to M soon. I just bought pet pet size M to try, ok lah but I like Fitti & MP the most.

panda hut,

my boy wearing size S... =) i haven't bought size M to let my boy try dunno if it's too big... but hor if i put the sticky on no 2... it's okie leh.. =)

Annie,

for the yellow poo stain try to wash with Napisan. Very good. Throw the stained romper into pail with some Napisan then soak over night. Next day all gone. I usually buy my Napisan from Ocean or Min Min from People Park Complex.

Back