(2011/02) Feb 2011

OFC, Congrats!! Have valentine day bb girl. Hehe.

Iddar n Jolin, I'm back from hospital. Hehe false alarm le. Haha I went in to do CTG. I have contraction every 10mins-13mins n bb heartbeat are strong. But I'm still 0cm dliate. So I been sent home to rest if tonight the contraction get stronger for every 2-5mins then admit again. Or wait for labour sign again lor. hehe =p. My gynae said she won't be out by tonight since I'm 0cm dilate.

wish child, this morning we go see dr ang he also say open v little, then admit 5pm already 5cm. 6pm fully dilate liao so everything very fast. The nurse joke with me say second baby must come in before pain cos will be quicker! Haha

OFC, lol mine don't even open. Haha still close hehe. But have contraction. Think Dr Ang insert the pill to soften the cervix that why will dilate fast. But great ur wife labour fast so won't suffer the pain for too long. Congrats again!!

Moomoo, lol ya lor my bb don't want be valentine day bb haha she still so happily inside me don't want so fast come out to see the world. Lol.

Hmm I having not pain contraction le. Only feel my Tummy very tight like want stone. Haha. N bb keep on move n kick.

Just now on CTG her heart beat very strong that's good n keep heard one weird sound don't know what's that. Lol

My gynae said I won't be delivery by tonight but need to lookout for sign. As I'm still 0cm dilate. Hmm so sad if I'm 2cm

dilate think she will be valentine day bb. Hehe. So tonight n Tomor must lookout for sign lor. Tomor going see my gynae again.

How is ur bb n u? Everything go smooth n good?

Idaarshad, Thank Q [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Yup it's me firefly who did the Kid's Motorised Car BP

wish child, me too tummy very hard and when bb moves, can be painful. I really wonder how contractions feel like, I do have some cramps on and off but not on an interval basis. Will be going to see gynae this wed n do a CTG. Is it true that first child won't be earlier than edd?

jolin.. haha.. congrate? no.. have not giv birth yet.. tmr will go gynae for my 38 weeks check up.

wishchild, hmm.. enjoy the moment now. very soon u will see ur bundle of joy.

mamiB, hmm day 1-3, must latch on for 5min every 3hrs. am i right? really pray hard tat my milk wil come in 3to5 days later. hee.. saw ur cute EBM milk ice cube. yes, ebm sure will help in boosting ur no.1 immune system.

saw a lady carrying lil emma on the baby shower, is tat u? so pretty & happy!

congrate Mrs ong too!!

moomoo73, during my previous labour for my no.1, my contraction feel like those super painful menses cramp & is happen regular, those are contractions.

Hi fellow mummies and mummies to be! I have been a silent reader in this thread for a while now. I am expecting a girl and already in my 39.1 weeks... Now waiting for this girl to come out and meet the world. I am also reading up on Gina Ford and hope to adhere to her schedule... But I reeckoned it won't be easy. I also intend to total breastfeed and am very nervous about this too.. But by reading this thread I have learnt a lot from the rest of you and hope I can contribute a bit of my experience here too in the near future! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am giving birth at KKH under the care of Dr Irene Chua. I had a bit of show since last Thurs and was 1cm dilated and so I thought I might give birth over the weekend. But I just went to see my gynae and I am still only 1cm dilated and there has been no more 'show'. So now I am really wondering when my girl wants to make her grand entrance. :p

Moomoo, not really all 1st child won't be delivery fast. Some mommies I know 1st time delivery early than the edd 1weeks or 2weeks. Some will be actual edd or later must depend.

On wed u have CTG scan see how is it lor.

For me I dont feel my contraction pain even the CTG show. My gynae said some ppls don't have contraction pain but the pelvis is fully dilated n give birth in the toilet. Hmm heard le also stunned. But my stomach get very tighter even I walk the BH also nv go off. So must observe lor. =)

Hi fangfang,

both my sons were delivered induced without epidural. but number one was induced just by breaking of water bag. Second one water bag was burst plus I was put on drugs to progress labour... I think it's called pitocin? second one was more painful because I was screaming at the final stages of labour!

Congrats to all who pop on v day!

Hey firefly, congrats to u too!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Daddy Story.

10.30am - Visit Dr Ang, he wants to insert the pill and ask my wife to admit at 10.30pm but i asked him if we can do tomorrow cos we got exam paper at 8pm. He say won't be that fast we can go in after the exam paper.

11.30am - 30mins after he insert the pill, contractions come for my wife every 2 mins.

2pm - Talk to Dr Ang on the phone, because her contractions still every 2 mins for the last 3 hours! Dr Ang say if mild is okay, my wife say is mild, not too pain but we decided to go in earlier.

4pm - Just as about to go down to take cab, her contractions intensified very quickly. She was in a lot of pain in the cab.

4.45pm - Reach hospital. She could not walk liao, i have to get the wheelchair and carry her out of the cab. Still hopeful that i can leave at 6.30pm for my exam and return 9+pm.

5.15pm - Nurse say half dilated, tell me to skip my exam. I give in, called my lecturer and told him about that.

5.30pm - Epidural given at observation room, my wife cannot take it and ask for it. All the time i didn't know because the nurse ask me to wait outside, i would appreciate they could had told me epidural was given.

6pm - I saw a nurse push in a bedwheel into the observation room, and after 5 mins transfer my wife onto it. They didn't call me all these while and i've been waiting outside for 30 mins. It's only when they start to move her out of the observation room and i stop them at the corridor and asked what is going on. The nurse say she's fully dilated and moving to delivery ward. Kind of upset am i invisible? I was outside the observation ward all the time. How come they do everything without updating me. Nurse say Dr Ang had been called.

6.15pm - Ready in delivery, just waiting for Dr Ang. My wife say got pressure to push but Dr Ang still haven't come. Peak hour and i knew the road are packed!

6.50pm - Nurse outside say Dr Ang reaching in 5 mins. Nurse ask my wife to try push a little but now my wife say cannot feel any pressure and the lower part is numb from the epidural.

7pm - Dr Ang arrived. He say he was surprised my wife is so fast. Dr Ang asked for a doctor, but he is not in. He asked for another doctor, not in also. I realised later he is asking for a PD but apparently no one in TMC is available. I think they call 2 or 3 doctor and finally got one who just left TMC, and she is making u-turn back. Dr Ang says he needs the PD to be around, but then i guess he can't wait so he asked my wife if lower part had feeling but i think the epidural effect still there so my wife still quite numb there. He straight away took the vacuum and ready. The first push and the baby is out. So fast that i wasn't even aware the baby is out. He say it was an almost perfect delivery, contraction is fast and good and everything is smooth. Well, i thought if he had arrived earlier, we could had avoided the vacuum because my wife had pressure to push earlier but wait until the feeling gone. I was kind of holding grudges that because he thought it won't be that fast and insert that pill today instead of the next day which i requested, both of us had to skip the exam paper and repeat the term ...

7.30pm - I thought our baby wanted to smell mommy but the nurse didn't give them much bonding time, they just place baby on her chest for a couple of mins and off the baby goes for check up etc. Finally the PD arrived and check the baby, think about 10-15 mins after baby is delivered. She was quite friendly and nice but i can tell she was upset to make a u-turn back because she told me she was actually on her way for dinner.

7.30pm - My wife left the delivery to her room and the baby was left at the nursery.

10.15pm - I asked if the baby is ready as my wife still haven't really had spent much time with her baby yet, but the nurse from the nurse told me that her shift had just started only and the baby not showered yet. 3 hrs !!! What have they been doing? She was pretty fast answering me, after i told her which mom. I guess it doesn't matter who i say her answer will be the same. I wanted to see the baby before i leave but no chance, i left at 10.45pm.

TMC is really full that day. No more 1 bedded room so they give me 2 bedroom after free upgrade which i share with another lady who was also just delivered by our same Dr Ang, like 2 hours after us. Can see Dr Ang really popular. Haha. The registration counter downstair told me only Dr Ang patient had this privilege of free upgrade, dunno true or not. Haha

One thing for sure, Dr Ang is very profession and you can see he really an expert. He can probably close one eye and can still deliver baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Although there was some disappointment with the service, generally i find them friendly and nice. I guess because it was valentine day and they must be really tired as the hospital is extremely packed and that's why there were some fall in standard. But utimately what we only wish for is that both the baby and mommy are sound and healthy so i am happy with how everything turns out. Basically everywhere i go i can hear the nurse saying how busy it was, and one of the nurse told me all delivery ward are used.. all 25 of them are full! she said. I guess a lot mommies wants valentine baby. Hee

Even the lady who was in the delivery with my wife say she was supposed to finish at 2pm but had to do second shift until 9pm. And she was coughing ... gosh ... but what can i say?

Ok, tomorrow morning going back. They had put us on 1 bedded room waiting list. Hopefully can get it because tomorrow both my wife and her neighbour will have a lot of visitors coming so it's better to have a private room for better rest.

Hmmm, been reading so many mummies have already popped!!! So anixious n happy for u guys! Woah!!! U guys gt valentine bb, so much of envy... Hmmmm, well... My Edd is 23 feb but jus went for gynae appt today. Dr John Tee from KK... I was originally from Clinic C but due to bb position have to chance to John Tee for more complicated delivery... Luckily price difference abt twenty dollars each visit..

Anyway, I'm pretty surprise that I'm having my first bb n in my 39 weeks already. BB nt ready yet as Dr check my cervic today. I'm scare as Bb weighs 3.6kg... Seems quite big n scare can't deliver naturally as I'm financially tight... Dun wan c section due to extra cost n also I'm scare of being cut up... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sad* anyone any advise??? Shd I induce??? Is induce more ex n painful??? Anyone knows???

Congrats for all our v-day bbs... So in total we have 2 V-day bbs??

Let c if we have the Chinese V-Day bb too (Lunar 15th) wow that we have bbs from all the good dates - Lunar 1St bb (1), Ren ri bb, got Tian Gong bb??? and V-day bb... haha

So interesting, dun u think so

O ladies and gentleman

If u hv the intention to let You Rong Zie do the naming of ur bb, pls think 3x... I just got the names from he and the name boo...and does not follow my first gal name at all. When ask if can have the middle name starting with the same character, the guy just told my hb off... with no explaination

Now I need to source from another geo for my gal's Chinese name. Does anyone of u have any recommendation??

Hi kinderbueno

U may bottle feed with ebm. That's what I did during the first week due to sore nipper i'm unable to latch my baby... my baby tense to drink alot in the night.. Hence in the night I gave ebm as I able to monitor the quantity he is having so that he can sleep through the next 3 hrs. Even now I able to latch my baby... So far so good

Hi Baywater, you can try 'Jin Zi Long'. He is one of the writers for the geomancy section in 'U-weekly'. I have not personally engaged him before but my friend said he was friendly and will explain the names to you. His contacts are 64A Geylang Road, Lor 25A, S388252. Tel: 6741 7377

I have personally been to You Rong Zie's 4 times (for him to change my hubby's name, calculation of our wedding date, and date for my C-section). Have to admit that he is not the friendliest... and he gets impatient and irritable if you ask more questions. Did you see him personally, or was it his disciple? I heard that if you go there for baby's name, his disciple will do the consultation.

baywater - oh no... can't you have some preferred characters?! That's very bad attitude from him. Do you want to consider the taimaobi? i heard you can indicate your preferred character and they will propose. Can even call or email them.

OFB

Hmm wonder why he thot yr wife would take so long to react to the pill. Usually once inserted the hormone induction pill is meant to cause dilation to occur quite fast.

Think the hospital was too busy that day... They should have kept u informed or asked u to go bk into the observation rm once u finished yr call? Hubby can always be with wife one right?

Anyway impt thing is that mum and child are safe and healthy. Here's to the next lap of parenting!

I'm overwhelmed with the posts at FB and got a shock when I saw I have 44 new messages in my Yahoo Inbox..

think I must go read the manual on how to use FB..

KhoHuang thks will call them up later "> Actually, i called up on sat and i think i spoke to the son, who is not the friendliest lor. Then its my HB who went down to collect the names... sigh

moomoo, they gave me loads of characters but the none of the characters are close to jie jie one... world apart actually...hianz

I think e geomancer calculate base on the birth details. Hence, u may not be able to use certain Chinese characters. I went to one as well and e name given was very different fr my hubby family name list. My hubby only has a single Chinese character but e geomancer said we hv to use 2 characters. So, my child will be e odd one in e family if we use tt name. Haiz....

Welcome the year of the rabbit by encouraging them to save! This little rabbit will move it's ears each time u drop a coin into it!

We are the FIRST in SG to bring this environmental friendly product in!

What are they?

They are made of recycled paper and can be reused 100%.

Pls throw them in the recycling bin and it will be reborn as recycled paper again!

Creativity

Children can raise their creativity and expression through the process when they assemble the savings bank and draw on it.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5110892.html?1297737236

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5112720.jpg]

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 3:36 am:       

Hmmm, been reading so many mummies have already popped!!! So anixious n happy for u guys! Woah!!! U guys gt valentine bb, so much of envy... Hmmmm, well... My Edd is 23 feb but jus went for gynae appt today. Dr John Tee from KK... I was originally from Clinic C but due to bb position have to chance to John Tee for more complicated delivery... Luckily price difference abt twenty dollars each visit..

Anyway, I'm pretty surprise that I'm having my first bb n in my 39 weeks already. BB nt ready yet as Dr check my cervic today. I'm scare as Bb weighs 3.6kg... Seems quite big n scare can't deliver naturally as I'm financially tight... Dun wan c section due to extra cost n also I'm scare of being cut up... sad* anyone any advise??? Shd I induce??? Is induce more ex n painful??? Anyone knows???

Hi En Xuan, I had induction for twice of my delivery. Slightly more expensive than normal but cheaper than c-section as u hv to pay for e drip for induction.

I had epidural when I was abt 4cm dialated, so I didn't feel any labour pain. But, had to suffer e effects of epidural which include shivering n vomiting.

Hi En Xuan,

As you have mentioned that it is a more complicated delivery, i think it is best to check with your Dr on your options and what is best for yourself and baby.

For me, baby was also not ready to see the world but i had to do an emergency c-section to bring her into the world [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Story:

went for routine check up on 1 feb @ 39 weeks plus and found that bp was 130/94. Dr said that it was high (although i was averaging 130 plus / 80 or 90 plus through out the pregnancy) and insisted that i was to be admitted and wanted to induce me. But i wanted to prolong till after CNY and asked if my bp came down, would i be able to go home.

At the delivery suite, my bp did come down, but the ward doctor and the registar there did not want to discharge me. Citing reasons that i have come so far and did not want to take any risk that things could happen to me and baby.

So more discussion on whether to induce or to do e c-section. Told them my concern as my cervic has not opened and baby not engaged (still very high up). Dun wan to induce, then cannot then have to do e c-section and have to pay for both procedures. The registar advised to do emergency c-section as he took into consideration the following:-

1) i had removed some fibroids near the womb before and they were afarid that it had affected the womb,

2) if induce, most prob had to use more then 3 doses of the medication and it would take very long

3) if the induction took too long, and baby goes into distress, it would be e c-section.

4) and i had a big baby (estimated weight then was 3.6kg)

so the conclusion for me, was to immediately do emergency c-section.

Hi n congrats to all mummies whom hav delivered..

My bb gal, Mikelle have arrived on 10 feb @ 8.53am thru emergency c-section (ga).. supposed to induce on

9th but after 2 pills i'm only 2cm dilated n bb has pooped inside so gotta take her out asap..

It's a long wait but so happy to see her..

Btw, can add me at facebook?? [email protected]

Hi all,

There has been some discussion about G6PD, my husband has G6PD deficiency and there's a chance our daughter will be likewise if his contribution of the X chromosom is more dominant than mine. Else she will be a carrier. My husband needs to avoid mothballs, broad beans, most Chinese herbs and sulphur based drugs, otherwise, life is pretty normal going for him.

Btw, can add me on facebook? My email is [email protected]

It has just been created and there are no information, nor pics, as I am trying to finish up work, hence had no time in the last few weeks to come to forum or embellish my fb page. Tks in advance for whoever who is going to add me to the group.

No problem Youlin. Are u dilate before u induce?

Now im not dilate but thinking of induce but scare end up will emergency c sect.

Tango Bebe, I have added u in facebook =)

wish child, went for my 38 weeks++ check up today. baby engaged le. so when i reach home, i quickly went to wipe the baby cot. so now waiting time. baby is abt 2.5kg now. let jia you together.

Darlest, Are u dilate? I also just came back from my 39weeks check up n baby head engaged n lower le.

Yap we must jia you!!

I countdown for another 4 more days!! Haha.

Jia you.. =)

YouLin, Oic. Hmm same lor. Im 0cm dilate even bb head is engage. Hmm my gynae ask me to consider about c sect. Hmm still think about it. Will see how is it after my edd if my bb not out yet.

wish child, if everthing is ok wif bb n u, maybe just wait ba.. i quite regretted agreeing to induce which led to emergency c-section..

wish child, duno am i dilate yet coz dr didnt check if i got dilate anot. she say next week then she will check. but she told me if i have any labour sign, just go to hospital.

Darlest, Nod Nod. Hehe let's wait n see. hehe

Im also waiting for my bb give me sign n pray hard my cervix will open soon.

Youlin, Hmm my gynae ask me not to induce 1st let natural take the course. He asked me to wait for 41weeks then decide whether induce or c sect.

Hmm i think i just wait for 41weeks n let natural take the course. Anyway if really cervix never open also need to go c sect. So just waited n see lor. Even thought im very excited to see my bb but must ren..

How ur bb and u?

my mm actually advise me to wait too.. but i impatient so juz agree to doc suggestion.. the waiting period so annoying..

Bb n me both ok, just tat she refused to latch on. Maybe cos my flow too slow for her, impatient bb too..

Licicle & Lee Lynn , thanks for ur reply n advise... From

wad I see if induced cannt make it.... Have to go emergency c section... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] very scary! Haix... I suspect doc wans me to go c section as he doesn't show much interest in tellin me anything abt my delivery ... Or is John Tee a quiet doctor? Each appt last only abt 5 mins less than 3 sentence from him... Worse than clinic c... Personally I prefer clinic c. John tee always tell me current bb weigh and previous bb weigh n next appt. That's it. I dun even have time to ask him anything n he seems so busy ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

If yiur delivering at TMC, tell your husband the wee nam Kee chicken rice near tmc is pretty nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but of course a bit more ex hee

second day at TMC, everything v good. It is noticeably less crowded than Monday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nurse are more attentive and not in an hurry to go off. Hee

En Xuan, I think i having the same thing as u. Currently I'm 39weeks 3days my bb head already engage but im 0cm dilate. Having contraction pain every 10-13mins but cannot delivery as my cervix still close.

Hmm My gynae dont encourage me to induce also ask me to c sect. But i really hope i can delivery natural.

For me i see how it goes. I will wait for 41weeks see how is it. If not labour sign or cervix not open after 41weeks i will straight go for c sect. As i dont want to waste induce money and emerg c sect money. Let my body n bb decide when they are ready. =)

Dr john tee are very busy man but if u want u can prepare the question u want to ask him before u go in see him or u can ask his assistant. He do thing very chop chop fast fast one. =)

Youlin, i totally agree the waiting game really very annoying. I'm still very stress up as lot of peer pressure on me. Lot of ppls ask me when i going delivery n when my bb are out. Feel very depressed lot of ppls keep asking me the question.

Oh maybe u try to latch her again n dont intro her bottle. So she have no choice need to latch on. =)

OFC, How's is ur wife and daughter?

Back