(2011/02) Feb 2011

Mrs ong:

Sorry din see ur post earlier. Hope I'm not too late. I was less than 1cm at 2pm. My gynae asked me to go home have reunion dinner first then admit. I ate at 6pm, 7pm onwards can't really walk properly. Quickly go home bath. 9pm admit hospital, already 5cm.

Idaar, my home is available for the meet up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if not , can meet somewhere else also can.

I am keen to be in this gathering cos I bed rest during all ur other meet ups earlier! Have not met u, Geri , wish child, charmaine and the usual folks in FB and forum. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Who else can make it if we hold it say end Feb?

hehehehe--- mami b yup i posted in fb saying that coz of all the bed rest - you were more than anxious for the meet coz yup u missed our makan2 sessions lor... hahahahaha... i am ok with end month as i m nearing a month by then.. and if at someone's place also better since lesser chances for our darlings to be exposed though i am not so pantang..but some mummies mite be... early mummies who popped like lay si.. judy @ joodz mite be interested.... let me post in fb as well gathering interests... wanna suggest some dates? i tink most ok rite since all of us are on ml mostly... hahahahah

wonder if mrs ong delivered liao?? jia you!!!

mummies hwo delivered - all the best!!!! moo moo career starting liao!!!

hi,

wonder if anyone has done a comparison on the various baby full month cake packages?

My mum has requested that I present the family with a cake, 4 ang ku kueh when I return home on BB's first month..

I wonder why must be 4 ang ku kueh.. cos some packages include glutinous rice. or 2 eggs, 2 ang ku kueh.

any recommendation?

Mummies, can seek your views on co-sleeping ?

Considering whether to get a snuggle nest baby bed, when I already havea cot, or should I jus get a sleeping positioner?

hi vivian, i'd very much support to let bb sleep in cot but the actual bf end my bb on my bed beside me... to lazy to wake up n carry bb to bed bf n put my bb back onto her cot la.

gathering...

i'm in for it, as long as the time permit.

BIG CONGRATS to the mummies who delivered :>

has been a bz n challenging wkn for me. My milk kick in n the engorement is bad.... i've to do none stop msg n pumping for 2hrs each session b4 the breast is ready to produce 5-10ml of milk... then its seem tat i'm unable or no confident to bf my gal cos of the sore n bleeding nipples... sigh

luckily manage to get this wonder massage lady over the wkn to help ease the engorement b4 infection kick in... now hv the overcome the pain in feeding my gal...

pls jia you mummies.">

pinkyval: the pain you feel in your breasts is accompanied with lumps in your breasts?

if no lumps then is not blocked milk ducts.

If is blocked milk ducts, then means you're not draining your breasts well.

Are you pumping or latching?

Better see the LC if the pain is unbearable. Maybe is other prob.

If blocked milk ducts, the LC will help u to massage and clear for u.

I woke up at 7 am feeling so refreshed.

My gal woke up once or din wake up last night..

cant remember liao..

but din have engorged breasts only her diaper soaked thru..

bad mummy..

vivian: I sleep with my gal and bf on the bed.. I also slept with my boy from the day he was born until even now.

I think the snuggle nest and sleep positioner is not necessary for co-sleeping..

baywater: jia you. apply nipple cream to your nipples, it'll definitely help.

for engorgement, use cold cabbage. it worked for me previously.

latch your BB when your breasts not too engorged. cos too engorged bb cant latch properly.

idaar: I can mail you the babies and sling privileged card.

Cos I think the discount is only for the 2nd carrier.

maybe u can PM me your address.

BTW: after using the sleepy wrap, I still cant make it snug.

BB is still sagging and I need to use 1 hand to support BB halfway thru my errands

Hi,

I have finally created a FB acct..

can someone enlighten me what to do next?

always miss out on updates cos many of u discussing on FB

Zzz hello everyone, I am breaking down le. I can't do with insufficient sleep at night. Baby tends to wake up every hour, maybe latch 5 min or so then sleep. I wonder if he's even hungry. In the day he is ok 1.5- 2.5 hours then latch. Think I need to change strategy. To ebm at night. Also. I don't think he's hungry but I an always offering him breast when it's night. Zzz

My birth story [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

645pm admitted 

7pm 4-5cm dilated already!

Contractions every 5 mins

Started laughing gas around 820pm

830pm dr W came and broke water bag (said should be delivering around midnight)

Contractions every 3 mins. More painful. Deep breaths of gas. 

930pm took pethadine jab

11pm still only 5.5cm. Asked for epi.

1125pm dr quickly administered epi

1145pm nurse did VE and said I was 9 cm!! Couldn't feel anything to push so waited

0030am Started asking me to practice pushing

0040am dr arrived and after 3 more pushes....

0057am Beth out!

ladies, which caterer are u planning to use for bb's full mth? I am considering YLS Catering, would u have any recent reviews/comments? Thanks!

Cant wait to meet up with everyone after our confinement with our cute babies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wishchild, I PM-ed u, pls add me to our FB group, thanks!

Hi Mummies,

I've been following the thread but din manage to join the group. Now that Edd is around the corner and able to do things slowly, I can finally pop in here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Edd 27feb, girl

Gynae Dr Koh CH @ TYP

Deliver b @ Mt A

Can add me in fb too?

Thanks thanks!!! :D

trinket: congrats

mamaying: jia you.

maybe u can offer pacifier.

My gal also cant settle when I put her down, so I give her pacifier then she settles and sleep

guess u should find out why BB is waking up?

Is it becos of other factors? such as her sleeping environment is not conducive? Too hot, too cold? or wet diapers?

My gal wakes frequently also when kor kor is ard, but when kor kor is not ard, she only wakes up once at night.

she also wakes up often if I put her in the cot, but wakes less when she sleeps beside me on the bed.

Mamaying - Hugz... me also experienced the same thing last nite... he slept peacefully for 3-hrly intervals between 3pm to 10plus yesterday.. then it was nitemare after that.. he kept wanting to latch on and everytime i put him down when he looks like he fell asleep.. he will wake up after 5-10min and demand to be latched on again.. so in the end i latched him till 3.45am!!.. i'm also tempted to give him ebm at night.. but dunno if it's too early at 3wks? Can mummies share their experience of mixing bottle-feeding and latching? The lactation consultants keep giving standard answer to hold off till later, but mum and mil keep saying that we shld be practical... am abt to cave in liao

YJHL - I'm using Meihao 99 catering.. first time trying but reviews that i've seen are not bad.. they even offered to give me free red eggs when they found out that i was catering for baby full mth.

meet-up... i really hope to be able join in too!! Missed the last few cos of work so hopefully can make it this time..

YJHL,I have added u in facebook but not sure whether is it u or not. In facebook got 3 person name same as urs. But i have sent u a msg. If it u just added me then i will added u in the facebook group. =)

Ah ching, I have added in u facebook =)

MamaYing, Hug hug.. Dont be sad. I know it very tired n wore if never have enough sleep. If possible ask ur hubby to help u. =)

Kinder, Hehe We will meet up around april so that most of the mommies have finish their confinement. =)

Mommies HAPPY VALENTINE DAY!! Enjoy woh.. =)

kinder, i catered from meihao 99 as well. food review from my friends is very good. =) order the pineapple rice. Its really nice. =)

thanks Kinder - i considered maihao too, shall go chk out their website!

Wish_child - yep u got the right person, i've replied u, thanks!

for mommies who underwent c-sect, usually how long after will the pain diminish significantly? u will start ur massage after 3 or 4 wks?

thanks!

kinder: why consider EBM at night?

Most likely reason BB want to latch is not hunger, rather they want to be cuddled or need to suckle..

cos cant be sucking for so long still hungry right?

anyway, as long as baby is comfortable with latching, you can give bottle.

so far I think few of us give BB bottle they are also ok...

wish child: thanks.. after u add me then what huh?

anyway, u mentioned that you want BB to come today right??

so any signs liao?????

today see dr ang at 10.30am, dr ang say baby is low and fluid getting lesser but only dilated a bit, so insert a pill and ask my wife to admit after 10.30pm today. however 30 mins after having the pill insert, her contractions starts every 2-3 mins ...

think will admit my wife earlier at 4pm.

OFC, Congrats!!! Going be a papa le and have a valentine bb. Hehe. Must dote ur wife n ur bb girl. N buy 2 present on valentine day =p

anyone of you suffer from watery stools after taking confinement food? I daren't say I have got diarrhea since it came once or twice the most in a day, but it's really watery stools, I have it almost everyday and I have lots of flatulence.

Oops, sorry for being so crude ;p

Hi mummies, HAppy valentine's day!!

wishchild, any signs for labour yet?

Congrate OFB!!

mami B, hav been studying frantically of the GF book. & also trying to see how to fit in my no.1 schedule into the week 1 schedule. coz im taking care of my no.1 too.. keeping my finger cross..

getting nervous too.. hope can pass the test & able to handle my 2 kids (my no.1 & my no.2 after i give birth) well.

1st mth have CL. but after tat im left alone with my 2 kids... so...God pls be with me, give me strength.

Ah ching: yeah I think need to get pacifier. I just observed him during nap, he also will whine or cry a bit then go back to sleep. Zzz esp when I am falling asleep myself so I dun sleep well also in case he needs me...

Kinderbueon: I think our babies r not hungry and the feeding we really got to wake them up if not every hour like tt we sure lack of sleep. I will try ebm from tonight, not sure if enough in fridge jaha cos so tired did not pump a lot. If really can't tahan will resort to fm at night le. Zzz I am really tired and ill disciplined when I lack of sleep.

Wish child: hubby also needs to work, I broke down a few times and he has to console me. On top of tt he does all the washing at home and is a light sleeper. Everytime baby cries at night he is awaken by the cry too. Xuan is slowly getting used to it I think, once I saw her cover her ears with her bolster! Haha

Ofb: congrats and see ur cute baby soon!

Hi mummies,

I had given birth last nite with my bb gal wt 2.75kg!

Here my Birth story:

230am - start feeling contraction but thot it's stomache pain as I feel like poo...go toilet but din poo n discovered a streak of reddish thing in the towel bowl. Ignore n go bk to zzz as I thot tat reddish thing is not mine.

430am - awake by contraction again n went toilet trying to poo...no poo again n this time discovered a slight red watery stain when I wiped with toilet paper..panic n woke my hubby up. Hubby asked me to monitor awhile. However I told him tat I hv six sense since there is show n menses cramp.

5am - shower very clean n ready to go.

530 am - reach SGH n admit to labour ward

6 am - was put in assessment room n gynae perform VE. Result show tat I hv regular contractions n was 1 cm dilation. Gynae n nurse asked me either to admit or come bk tonite as dilation may take up hours or day. Told hubby wan go back since staying at hospital also wait.

At home, the contractions interval at every 5 to 10 mins n pain gradually getting more intense as time passed. Hubby asked me to admit soon if pain unbearable as he can see me tossing n squeaking in pain when contractions come.

4pm - quick shower again n makan bird nest n coconut drink ( morning took chicken essence)

530 pm - reach sgh but I can barely walk when contraction strike as it affecting my butt thigh n back! Pain score is 6 out of 10.

6pm - nurse perform VE n told me it's only 2 to 3cm dilation n asked me if I want to admit...told her yes as the pain is getting worse!

645 to 7plus- told to use laughing gas to relieve pain while waiting gynae to check on my dilation again...I kept using laughing gas as the pain is getting more n more worse! Hubby called nurse for epi as hw can see me in great pain. Midwife came n my gynae not here yet, so call other gynae to check on me n guess wat my cervix has n stretched to 8cm!!! Heard some commotion as I was on laughing gas so the whole process was great pain n blur half conscious state.

830pm - my bb gal is out after a few struggle push!

From this natural delivery without epi, I can say tat it's a torture n good experience to go thru natural birth. The pain i went thru was worth it when I saw my gal...Hubby also salute to me n said I did a great job!

OFB - Congrats! Hope to hear the birth story from daddy soon.

Mrs Ong - you are really brave and sounds very painful. Congrats!

Hmmm... i think most mummies have popped already, I am still waiting :p But I am counting down to my leave which is starting next Mon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Darlest, haha I don't know is it a sign of labour but I have a BH now that won't go off. And getting tighter n tighter. Haha. Just call my gynae he said ask me go down hospital now. Lol hope is not false alarm or else very pei sei.

Mrs Ong, Congrats!!! U have a valentine day bb. Hehe. So happy for u. As no need to induce ur bb out. Hope mine too no need induce =)

princess31,

Pls hang it there. I'm elder son is oso a G6PD deficiency bb + jaundice at birth. KKH only allowed us to discharge him on 14th days. Yes I agreed with u, it's really a mental torture n I cried when I'm home the 3rd n 4th day. Me too, faithfully pump out milk every 3hrs. On the 6th day, me n hb decided to talk to my bb doc, insisting of bringing him home as my son jaundice level was below admission level. In the end, KKH made us signed a form tt said they're not held responsible if anything wrong with our son. However, we agreed to bring him back to KKH 4 jaundice review daily. So we follow up w/o fail n the jaundice level was high but at acceptable level. At the same time, my mum ask my CL to cut down on my ginger intake. Off cuz, I'm not asking u to follow my wat I did 3.5yrs back.

Juz gave birth to my no.2 son on 9 feb, he's fine, G6PD is present. I was praying very hard b4 I was discharge while waitg 4 lab test. Else I've to go thru everything all over agn like my no.1.

Anyw, G6PD deficiency is very common nowadays. Juz avoid moth ball n broad beans.

U may wanna apply hot towel b4 pumping, drinking hot drink'll help too. Apply nipple cream aft pump.

Pls check with the Chinese medical hall of wat u can eat for the Chinese herbs as u r breastfeeding. So far I know we can't eat Dang Gui n Ginseng as long we r breastfeeding, same for the bb. Other things like wolf berries, Nan Xing BeiXing etc, shdn't b a prob.

Ha.. OFB, how do you feel now besides "pain"? We seldom get to hear daddy's comment.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats, darlest, for your newborn

Wish child,

Hope your dream comes true, bb will come out as mummy wish [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ofb,

Congrats. It will be e best gift for your and your wife.

Wish child.. Mybe bb hEard you n wanna grant yr wish- all the best

Ofb- congrats--- 1at daddy story laterZzz- same as visha- both valentine bb girls right.... Heee

Mrs ong-- good job.... Yup no epidural is pain bt worth it- good u ask to be admitted- if nt gv birth at hm....jia you_ nwxt one cn b without epi also.... Heheheh

Darlest! Don't stress. Just follow the step by step and u will do jut fine. U remember what u need to do day 1-3 ? Once u do that ur milk comes in between day 3-5 and u will have lotsa milk. I am going to try to give some of my EBM to my #1 to night hehe. Add 20ml to his milk tonight as a start. Boost his immune system. Hehe..!

4.45pm Reached Hospital

5.15pm Nurse say 5cm dilated

6.15pm Nurse say fully dilated and move to labour room. call Dr Ang to come over

6.30pm Nurse say can ready to push but Dr Ang haven't arrive

7pm Dr Ang arrive 

7.06pm First push out with vacuum. 

Back