(2011/02) Feb 2011

Zanta!! Don't be scared! I did epi c sec twice and its a beautiful and wonderful experience!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the pulling and tugging feeling is nothing. Not pain at all. Recovery depends from person to person. Mine was painless til now ( Bb is 20 days old already!) so pls don't think so much abt it. I checked into hospital with a holiday mood hehe cos I experienced it before for number one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I enjoyed the process and Hubby was busy in the theatre taking pix of me and Bb. Of coz he didn't take pic of my internal lah kekeke. He just avoid looking that direction. Hehe. The doc will set up a screen to block ur view from what they are doing down there. U will feel tugging n suddenly u hear a cry !! And u know Bb is out. And the doc will hold Bb high and Bb is blue and u will see it. And they let Bb cry out and turn pink. Then they wrap Bb and put on ur chest.

Very lovely experience.. ;)

One thing I learnt for number two is... The more Bb u have, the more pain the uterus contraction after delivery is. My no1 was painless. No 2 have aching pain day 1-2 when breast feeding. Nurses n doc all say it's very normal and it gets more painful with more kids. But thank God that's the only pain I had.

Zantarina

Both ga. 1st e c section. This time sceduled c section.

Mami

Wah. Some pple here find it gf method ridiculous n some swear by it. If someone who is blessed w plenty ms will not had go worry abt this. I see if I can get hold of e book. Do u think I can get fr library?

@Reverie: Ic.. What makes you chose GA?

@Mami B: So lucky of you to have painless c-sect, I'm not sure of my gynae's stitching skill though last time I read b4 that he's stitching is quite nice. How does your gynae test if you're really numb b4 he cuts you? I'm afraid that I'll still feels pain after epi. And how long does it take for your wound to heal fully after your first?

Rev island, mummies who cannot cope with the method never really read the book. They just look at the schedule and skim thru a few pages with a negative mindset thinking how on earth can a Bb follow a time table. The book is not about getting Bb to follow a time table. It's about giving Bb enuf to eat in the day so that Bb can have good night sleep at night. It helps u understand the sleeping rhythm and feeding requirements of Bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can get at library but I heard from other mummies here it is on waiting list. Borders and kino should have it but better call before going down. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. I studied the book like I studied for exam so my book is really used and abused. Even have falling pages which I scotchtape back. Even wrapped the book in plastic cos I use it every hour of the day checking what's next, plan what I should do if it goes wrong, etc. It's not easy and is hard work for first month or so but in my opinion, it beats guessing why Bb keep crying or why Bb don't wana sleep at night etc. I think it's more stressful to be at whim n fancy of Bb, having to guess what o do next. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Milk supply - I followed GF's method to getting ms from day 1 in hospital. This ensured that by the time I reached home, my

Ms has a good foundation. Then it's easy to plug into her week one recommended schedule. My sil started only when Bb was 17 days old. She followed page 213 for five days and her ms increased alot more than before. Bb also stopped waking up four five times a night. Only wake around 2-3am once. Then 7am. After 5 days of following page 213 plan, she revert to week 2-4 schedule. At first I zap a few pages for her. Then she went to buy the book coz more convenient that way.

Zanta, yah Gordon Lim's stitching skill is superb. N my epi was administered by Ernest lim (gleneagles). Also one of the best in the hospital. I didn't even feel the epi being injected in. He gave me some crazy cocktail before that so I was abit high LoL!

I don't know when I heal fully for number one. I mean there was no pain at all ever. So I never felt injured or operated on. The scar faded as time went by. I also didn't keep track coz it's cut so low, I needed to get rid of my tummy first to see it without the mirror! And getting rid of tummy is the worse thing for csec. Malay wrap only after 6 mths according to my Gynae who plays it super safe. Some PP say three months. Massage lady say three weeks. I don't know. I just follow Gynae and hve a big tummy til finally slim down at 9-10months after delivery.

U can try to check online whether ur Gynae has good c sec reviews. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zanta, another advice to help u get milk early, fast and furious. Latch on as soon as u can after delivery. And lath every 3 hour from start of latch to start of latch, regardless of any FM top up in between. Dont care what nurses say. Ask them bring to u every three hr. Nurses always count the FM

Top up feeds and post phone the latching. Don't. Just latch three hourly without fail. Day 3 in hospital , I could hand squeeze 30ml milk and pass to nursery. Told them don't give FM already. Give this breast milk.

By the way, don't resist giving FM initially. It doesn't affect milk supply as long as u keep latching and sometimes Bb really needs the milk.

Hi morning mummies..

thread so active in the middle of the night..

Jolin: you must have delivered BB liao.. congrats

zanta: Dont be sad abt c-sec or natural..

I'm sure when u see BB you'll forget abt whether u delivered via C-sec or natural.

Dr ang is very experienced so you are in good hands.

you know, after having my gal I'm thinking of trying for BB dragon.. ha ha..

i think i out of my mind liao

rev island: yes u can get gina ford from the library easily. just check online to see which library is available can go there to collect.

Zanta, hug hug. I know it very hard to decide whether want to go for which type of c sec. As most of the mommies share their experience of c sect everything go very smooth.

Ask ur hubby go in the operating room with u. He will give u the most support. If possible try to relax urself.

I went to visit cnicole after her c sect. She look prefectly great and radiant. She share her experience like no pain n don't know what going on. She also don't know that her twins already taken out. Maybe she said she too tired before she went for her c sect. =)

Jia you!! Most of the mommies can do it so do u. All mommies are wei da de. Must trust urself, ur bb n the most important must trust ur gynae. =)

Anything do update us. =)

Zanta: Yes, was supposed to go in last night (ie 5th Feb 0000 hr) but my mil last minute told me not auspicious to "open shop" on 3rd day of CNY, so I will go in to start inducing tonight instead, ie.6th Feb 0000 hr. Apparently TMC starts charging from midnight so hence the unfriendly check-in time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Feeling a little bit off today - a mixture of some nervousness, some excitement, but also feeling abit nauseous and tired! Strange huh ... these last few days, I have sacrified all my eating and visitation plans just so I could stay at home to rest, and in case anything happens. Yday afternoon, my mucus plug dropped out and I was quite excited, hoping that I would go into labour naturally ... but nothing happened : / Today is my EDD.

Have you decided on your c-sect date and at which hospital? Should be around these few days, right? Don't worry too much about it ... as another mummy mentioned, c-sects are fairly common these days!!

Jolin: Popped already?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MamiB: Wow, the GF method really that good? I have the book and I tried reading the first few chapters during 2nd tri but couldn't really wrap my head around it. Think I need to adopt your approach and treat it like an exam subject :p I've packed it into my hospital bag because one of my friends said it'll make much more sense once I give birth...dunno how true?? I'll be tired and having to deal with baby's cries .. can concentrate on book meh?? Nonetheless, after reading about your successful experience, I am more determined to try it out now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I chose ga cos hubby preferred me to get it over n done w asap to reduce any complication if any. My hubby noes a bit of medicine. Studied a bit in uni n was a medic in ns. N doc said some pple can exp back pain aft that. Ga might feel grouchy. Guess what, we settled our 1st ger name till wee hours during e hospital stay otherwise e bc will not have mount e logo.

I must take a glimpse of gf. I felt v pressure n discouraged when bb was colicky in e evenings n assumed that I had not enuf on heat pple commented. My aim is to haf plenty of ms n reduce e 2nd bb fr waking up often at nite n easy to go to zzz as we all co zzz tog.

Tell u guys something funny. My maid told me she is v curious how e pump works n ask me to show her when i pump. I find it weird! If I haf no choice but to let u see me pumping then nor md. Ask me to demo, I find it like so offended. Haha. I replied. Y don't u help me try out my pump n see if it is still working so u can haf a Feel of it!

Princess31, my sil didn't adopt this method initially and everytime I go to my mil house or call them , Bb is crying. Ever since she use the method, Bb cry so so much less. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My ger also hardly cries coz I feed her just before she starts getting hungry. I also put her to bed using only one "pattern". So no over handling by relatives and no one rocks or carries her to bed. Hope this will be the same for u too. Less stressful. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when mil visits, she also knows that this Bb no need to carry or rock to bed. We put her in cot, leave the room, close door. Next moment, she sleeps.

Rev island : book is the new contented little Bb book. ;)

Milk supply... Errr I didn't read any book or follow anything leh... Just pump regularly n may pump earlier when I feel full...

So far day 3 pump ard 120ml every 3hrly... Then day 4 ard 200ml every 3hrly... Now day 10 ard 350- 400ml every 3hrly....

Maybe also this is my #2 so supply better than #1....

I think supply is more how regular u express ... So do Try to pump even though middle of night ya

no direct feeding leh... only first 2 day in hospital nia...then discharge i pump all the way lor...

partly coz ah boi jaundice and mostly is to save time lar... for #1 i also dun realli latch on... lazy ba...

i going insane soon...first few days the confinement food was ok..but imagine for past 1 week i been eating same set of menu A!!!!!!

rice intake also cut down coz see the spread no appetite...hehe..issit me or the food?

worst i overheard my mum calling my auntie this morning and my auntie told my mum...bread cannot eat...wait tummy big big...then yellow noodle oso cannot...i tink my Set A will remains till end of confinement... thinking of dinner make my stomach turn...

i also broken all rules.... be it bathe, cold drinks, plain water, food etc...u name it i broke it...

choc! my confinement food also driving me nuts.. every day i get ginger pork, or liver or kidney.. worse still it's my MIL who does the cooking, so i can't complain.. lucky i got my husband to feedback abit, so these few days get to eat my fav steam fish... how abt asking ur mum to prepare mee sua for u? I quite like it cos it's not as heavy as the other types of confinement food...

Hi mummies & MTBs,

Anyone interested in getting a neck float for your baby?

Comes in 3 designs:

Winnie the Pooh

Disney Princess

Thomas and Friends

Each at $16, kindly PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5080945.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5080946.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5080947.jpg]

Mummies,

I have delivered my bb gal this morning.

Choc, can u kindly update my details?

Name ; Kayanne

ADD : 05 feb 2011

W & L : 3.2 kg, 51 cm

And here is my birth story:

04 feb, checked into hospital at around 9 pm plus. As had scheduled for csec e next morning, fasting started from 10 pm

E whole night could not sleep well.

03.00 am started to feel contraction. Though it was false contraction so just ignore it

04.00 am plus water bag burst, contraction become more regular and intense. Nurse put me on ctg to monitor contraction. Nurse contacted gynae

05.00 am plus contraction become more unbearable, asked for epi but as I was scheduled for csec and e anathetist has not reached yet, hence need to bear e pain.

06.00 am plus, hubby reached hospital

06.30 am gynae reached hospital and come to see my condition.

07.15 am, sent to operation theater and prepared for csec

07.55 am bb is delivered.

Sovrana,

Thanks

Sovrana, Zanta,

Truly speaking, my csec is quite a pleasant one and almost painless. In fact, I didn't even know when gynae cut on me, pulled out e bb, stitched, etc. I was feeling sleepy during e whole process. I did not know when my hubby came in, when gynae started e first cut, when my bb is out. My eyes were close most e time but I still can hear e conversation between my gynae and anathetist and nurse. I think e whole process is very fast. I only started to knock off, then suddenly I heard gynae said bb is out and then I heard bb cry. Haha.

But I hate e after effect of epi. I was shivering for about 3 hours plus followed by nausea (vomited once) and drowsy e whole day. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Hello people! I gave birth to my baby girl 2.8 kg on 2/2/2011 chinese new year eve...

1pm go hospital contraction

3-11pm labor room pain like hell but took epi

11.30pm UWEKK !!!!!!

want to tahan till 12am but doc saw her head and ask me push -__-

Hi Jolin,

I guess the Epi dosage the anasthetict given to you is quite high. Are you able to get up and down from bed to walk? Did doc give you a binder or corset to wear for your tummy?

Hi mummies, how's everyone new year? For mine, Chu xi makan steamboat with my hubby's side family. Chu yi morning went to temple & spore he pan after that went home to welcome relatives (my FIL's siblings). Chu er went to my MIL's relatives hse visiting & after that to my mum hse. Nothing special as this was our usual practise. Chu san went shopping with my sis and tml Chu si may plan to shop or movie coz i wishing & hoping that on monday check up, my cervix will open & ready for delivery! Wish me luck!

@jolin - congrats to ur newborn!

@zanta - understand ur feeling coz same as u, i very much wanted a natural delivery but sometimes its beyond our control. Well just see how ur gynae's advice. I believe u will have a smooth natural delivery. Be positive & hv confidence in ur bb!

@princess31 - good luck, all the best and hv a smooth delivery!

Rev island - get 2006 version. It's the one I am using. The diff between 2001 v and 2006 v is 2001 doesn't have the following:

- week one plan. Seems to start with week 2

- how to increase milk supply

- common problems in the first year n how to deal with it

These were added into Ver 2006 after numerous feedback and consultation with parents. So its a new improved version. Font size in the later book is also bigger and easier to read and refer. Also, the later book is more well organized.

For all who wish to obtain a copy of the book, this is how it looks like: http://www.contentedbaby.com/books-Contented_Baby.htm

Princess31, ur fren is absolutely right in saying that the book makes more sense after u give birth. Just need to remember this when in hospital to ensure u get off to a good start with ur milk supply:latch on three hourly even between 12am-6am. Method of counting 3 hourly differs from nurses. Pls count from start of feed to start of feed, regardless of any formula top up given. Start with 5 min on each breast. Then extend by 5min gradually til u reach 20min. Apply nipple gel generously after each feeding. Ensure Bb is latched on correctly and get nurse to help u on this. It is VERY important to get the latch right. By the time u reach home, u are very ready to plunge into week one routine. In hospital, start good habit of swaddle n leave Bb to sleep on her own in her hospital trolley cot. U can hug Bb of course but don't hug or rock or pat her to sleep as it establishes a habit u will later on find hard to reverse.

Wini!!! Congrats on birth of ur little one!!! Hope that u will have a wonderful time at motherhood. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RevIsland - borders or kino will have it. Call before going down just to make sure u dont make a wasted trip. If u are determined to make it work. It will work. GF says Couples who succeed in ther methods usually start with a positive mindset that this is what they want together and that it is best for the baby. I find this v true. Most will avoid it as they are afraid of failing or they worry that Bb cannot keep to a routine. And this is even before they even tried! I have tried this on three babies personally and I can tell u it works on everyone of them. All three are sleeping well and gaining weight well from birth. My son never wakes up for milk in the middle of the night since he was 8 weeks old. Time flies and he is already 3 yrs old. I really hope this book helps u as much as it helped me and my sil. I am v grateful to my hubby's London boss who introduced it to me. (he has five children includin a pair of twins and this routine kept the sanity in his household, he says! Lol!)

Mrs ong- I also wanna go gaigai [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yest went with hubby, baby and girl to sun plaza to buy stuff from ntuc and had lunch at hk cafe, so enjoyable during the confinement period but when the older aunties saw me they say I shouldn't have come out with baby, later catch chill. Maybe I am sensitivr, but baby was quite grouchy last night! Oh well think will not go out like tt le until confinement is over.

Jia you princess, zanta and mrs ong on a smooth delivery.

My plan today is to buy some nursing tops from online shopping zzz nothing to wear when wanna feed baby when we r out for checks etc...

Mamaying- check out dotestudio.com.Sg. I bot 2 dress fr them. Quality is v good. Stylish too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can nurse and can wear even when breast feeding days are over.

Morning mummies~

@pyng: Eve I also had steamboat in the afternoon with my hubby's family. Haha! Then at night had zi char with my parents & relatives. 1st day morning went a bit of house visiting then went home cos every year my hubby's relatives all came over in the afternoon & evening time will be his friends. 2nd day we went house visiting to his relative's place, my parents & my sis, yesterday my hubby starts work liao. So I just went to my parents' place to wait for him come pick me & we went shopping. But the pain on my pelvic bone is getting worse, so we only shopped for like 2 hours plus then went home liao.

Today is my edd but I wonder when my baby wants to come out. Wonder if the head is engaged liao anot.. Hmmm...

@mamaying - wao, u must be bored lol esp during cny period and it's so hard not to sneak out during ur confinement period! However, bb still small & not advisable to go to crowdy places besides u are on confinement. Glad u are happy & enjoyed ur outing! Did ur bb rec'd any angbao??

@pinkyval - seem like our chu xi to chu er's routines sound abit similar haha! Must walk slow and rest when tired coz nw we almost due le!

@pyng: Ya lor. Hahaha! But for me is every year the same de. Did your baby receive any ang pao? My hubby's sis & some of the relatives got give our baby. I'm going to put it into his account once I open the baby bonus one for him. Hehehe...

@pinkyval - ya same practise for me as well. Hmm, no leh but my hubby's sis gave us a handy videocam [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Valeria, so fast today is ur edd le. How u feel today? Excited? Got any sign?

Video in the labour is allow. My Fren also video her labour process. Hehe

thanks mami_B :>

Nrs Ong, yeah my girl and baby boy received ang bao from in laws and sis in law. next weekend my mom and sis coming prob will give also hee :> few but ok. soon end of feb will be baby's man yue le! when is ur EDD?

Videcam in the labour room ... TMC will not allow it, i asked them before. Not sure if other hospital allows it, maybe can let me know so 2nd one we choose that one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Photograph is only allowed after baby comes out, you cannot take photos of the labour process down below.

Hi mummies,

may i noe for tbf bb how many times the bb poo per day? My boy have been pooing more 6-8 times a day. Is it normal? I had used up 2 packs of 58 pcs diaper, one pack from the hos and half pack of pamper nb. I am oso looking for Petpet and realise that alot of plcs don sell NB or small. Kindly advice. TIA.

Congrats to mummy who had popped. Welcome to the real motherhood.

Valeria, ur bb too comfortable inside. Want to stay few more days inside. My cousin 2 babies are overdue bb. Both overdue 1weeks then pop out. Hehe

Zanta, my cousin wife she give birth bb weight 3.75kg by natural birth. Somemore his wife is those skinny type of person. The bb is natural push out. And the shoulder never stuck at the pelvis bone.

OFC, depend on which hospital. My Fren hubby only video my Fren painful face expression throughout the labour. Nv video below part. Hehe but he got video a part where the bb is out n place on my Fren tummy. =)

@Jolin: Congratulations on your newborn!! You make the whole process sounds like a breeze. And so qiao your waterbag burst on that night. Did you ever thought of trying natural when you started to have natural signs?

@Wini: Congratulations on your newborn too!! Your bb wanna be a CNY eve bb instead of a valentine's day bb. Do enjoy motherhood.

@Princess: Wish you a smooth delivery ya. Do update us your birth story when you've settled down. I think my mucus plug dropped on the first day of CNY morning. And last night and today I've got brown discharge.

@Val: Wow.. So fast your bb already got ang bao? Haha.. I wonder will my bb get ang bao when she's born.

@Sovrana: Have you consulted your feng shui master on the date? I heard that during CNY cannot ask.

@Mami B: Thanks alot for your advise. I'll try to latch on every 3 hrs as per your advise. But is it latch even when there's nothing coming out?

Btw, the webby you gave MamaYing is not valid wor..

@pyng, @wish_child, @MamaYing, @Ah Ching: Thanks alot for your much needed encouragement. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@wish_child: Wow.. Your cousin's wife power le. Hers is induce or natural sign?

@Joy07: You can buy from this webby too..

http://luvbabies.weebly.com/pet-pet.html

Hi zanta, yes my fengshui master told me to do the csect on 11 feb 12pm-1pm. Will ask dr ww tomorrow see if he's avail on that slot. I am start to feel nervous and excited now knowing that few days later will be seeing my baby gal soon.

Hi mummies, been at tmc since midnight today. First round of Induction at 1 - 8 am n I only dilate 1cm!!! So on to seco d round of dilation. Now waiting for gynae to check on dilation n burst water bag if cervix is ready. Sigh! 16 hrs here already n feeling quite drained. Somemoe have not had anything to eat other than 2 slices of bread n jam this morning. Now gynae say no food n drink in case have to c-sect. Boo hoo!! Wish me Lu k everyone! Am so tired n grump I think I will opt for epi n just fi d a way to deal with my fear of it...

Back