(2011/02) Feb 2011

@choc...thanks for the update...

To all mummies...jia you....me feel so free now...jus tat kailyn still need to adapt to the temp...so cant c her ever since she fr delivery suite transfer up...sad but also tell myself to rest n prepare to b moomoo to her tmr...

Will b discharged tmr le...

Also congrats to those mummies who gave birth today...hugs

Hi mamaying... Talk and talk already..... He is just so stubborn....... Been tellling him for past 2 weeks when doc told me that i might need csection....

Hi mummies, surprise to see my post?

Now at Sun plaza library, waiting for my turn on the CTG.

Did my VE just now, Dr say still very tight.

but can feel it is softening.

also check BB's heartbeat later and he'll decide whether to admit today cos he say I am havng a lot of contractions.

Baby still at 2.7kg, didnt grow over the last week..

Dr Ang say bb has reached her weight ceiling so even if wait another 2 weeks she will just remain at 2.7kg.

Dr Ang asked me whether I going to opt for epi.. I told him not sure, see how..

He only say if got contractions then admit.. I think if I opting for epi he'll ask me go later.

actually I'm super happy to know maybe going to give birth today or tomorrow.

as I'm typing, I can sorta feel the discomforts of the early contractions liao..

similar to my first labour.. cos I think activated by the VE.

eh today only 19 Jan right? How come saw Wenzi gave birth on 20 Jan..???

we same gynae and she delivering in MT A.. die liao if we deliver together then how Dr Ang split himself???

Congrats to all mummies who just delivered!

AH Ching,

Dont worry, Dr Ang is able to manage. Or u can ask him if u are worried about this. All the best!

Seeing so many mummies popping, i better finish packing my hospital bag. Im only half done now.

For mummies delivering at Mt Alvernia, do we need to bring marriage cert?

Mamaying: I also wanna try natural without epi...many of my friends and including my hub think that I am mad, but I figure I won't know if I need epi until I have a feel of the level of pain, right ... pple keep asking me if I have high tolerance for pain, but to be honest, I've never been in any situation where I had to test my pain threshold so I can't answer. Anyway, my gynae has assured me that I can ask for epi during labour so I just have to be clear on when the "cut-off" point for asking is ... usually, there is an anesthesist on standby so he will be able to come by quickly and administer. Even then, I heard administering will take at least 20 - 30 mins ... so there's a high chance I will have to tahan the pain for quite some time! But really, play by ear ... I also wanna try without epi...the saving-money part is a bonus but not the real issue here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have a feeling I will prob ask for epi halfway though...must be realistic too, right...dun wanna be so stunned by the pain that in the end baby is compromised or got no energy to push or what ...

Kinder: Aiyoh! I also suspect my gynae got plans for CNY coz she sounded somewhat disappointed when my placenta moved up and it looked like I would be going for natural rather than c-sect. LOL ... but at least she will be in the country lah.... i keep double-checking with her at the last few visits, heehe...I also dun like the idea of having baby delivered by some stand-in doctor...

Enjoy your evening, mummies, and good luck, Unicorn!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes princess I agree with u, good u wanna give it a try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] afterall it is a unique 'painful' experience tt we only go thru during delivery. But yes if really too painful should take, no need to compare with anyonw, most impt baby and u are fine n happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think it's great u noe exactly wat u want. To be honest yes very painful but I feel the worse part is u noe it is going to keep coming.

If I rmb correctly, it was like every min I have to endure the super pain for 5-10 second. Then rest abt 50 second again. I was in a daze how long tt lasted, just happy when told can't take epi liaocos too late and just waiting for doc to say can push. Ok dun give u too much details, u enjoy ur birth experience, every preg is different [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

Congrats to all who have delivered! And all the best to the rest who are still waiting for their precious parcels to arrive.

I'm a SAHM trying to earn some extras for my family.

Please feel free to visit my blog for clothes for ur precious prince/princess. I'm also selling Diaper bag organizers which are very handy and convenient for all mummies.

Visit http://theflyingmummy.blogspot.com

(Like us on Facebook too!)

I'm having a CHINESE NEW YEAR Sale now with 15% off ALL ITEMS till 20Jan2011.

Wishing everyone a Prosperous New Year!

MamaYing

Got 14 days to do the birth certificate, unless you already confirm what name to give then you need to bring marriage cert. I think most people probably will seek fengshui opinion so will do the registration other day. I would suggest you bring along your bank book if you are registering birth cert before discharging because you can register for BB scheme and CDA account at the same time.

That's what i know. Please correct me if i am wrong. I don't want to do the wrong thing. I have been reading up these days Haha

Ofb: thanks, yeah first preg we did birth cert there cos we decided name le. If not troublesome to do after discharge hee. And also just to advise, if discharge le better to go ica and do bc. Cos go bacl hosp will need to queue quite long esp tmc, my bro in law experience. Thanks for reminding abt bank book [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi ladies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i'll pm wish_child to add me into the fb group too. very excited.. haven't had any BH yet so i am still hoping that i will deliver after CNY.

dadnmum, wah 3 days gap!! very close ;) when is your next appointment? when i see all the preggie ladies at dr ww's clinic, i always feel very anxious and excited.

jerine, i am at 35 weeks and when i asked dr ww if baby will still turn, he didn't look too confident.. haha. in the end, he just said hope for the best.

ah ching, hope for a smooth and safe delivery for u! your nesting instinct is really strong. i'm impressed by the amount of work you've done!

MamaYing: Another reason why do at ICA is better is it is cheaper. ICA charge $18 while hospital charges a service fee. My friend did at ICA at weekday afternoon finish in 10 mins! But if you doing at ICA, remember the bring the Live Birth Certificate issued by the hospital. They should give you, but safe to check.

Jerine: Either one parents, the bank book is required for the Baby Bonus. It will be the account where the BB will be creditted to. If you want the $4000 then use your bankbook heehee. Anyway they will pay you $1000 each time over 18 months, not one lump sum. Then you can also do CDA at the same time, but you need to fill up the CDA form and decide you want to use OCBC or SCB. You can pick up the BB + CDA booklet from the hospital, they have all the forms inside. I will use OCBC cos nearby home don't have SCB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

moomoo: Yes you need to have the birth cert to do the BB and CDA. They also need both the parents NRIC so make sure you got your husband IC. They don't accept a photocopy cos they need to do a certified true copy of the NRIC. This is MAS requirement, or else you still need to go down to the bank to complete the account opening cos not certified true copy.

Thanks for all the inputs about the birth cert.

If i were to do the birth cert another day at ICA, where do i do the baby scheme & CDA account? Is there a time frame or limit to set up these 2 accounts?

Dadamum,

Yes, I was seeing Dr Adrian W yesterday morning. Maybe you were sitting beside me...haha. By the way, is baby head down already? I will be seeing doc again on 31 Jan @ 10am. U?

Hi Yaataa,

I am seeing Dr Adrian W also. I am in my 34 weeks now. Baby's hear still up...hope her head will be down by 36 weeks.

hi sovrana, heh i am also hoping for baby to turn!! but i think chances are pretty slim myself.. he was in this position at 20w, 31w, 33w and 35w scan. but my mum says it could be due to the cord being too short sometimes. dunno how true also, but i'm quite prepared for C-sect already! my next appointment is 1 feb, one day after you.

wish_child, so paiseh! i just 'loosened' the privacy settings (always scared students go and kpo my fb hahaha). please try again? thanks so much!

I can't wait for my turn. Yet at the same time, I scared!!! Omg!! Will I scream? Will I cry? Will I faint? Zillion of q running in my head! Finish wasking all bb clothes, bed sheets, glass bottles, breast pump. So tired. Stupid MIL.. Never even call or ask how am I doing. Anyway, gg to c gynae tomolo in the morning! Btw, anyone uses Boots Milkbag? Any review? It seems cheap. $10 per box. ( 40 bags per box) any idea?

@Ah Ching: VE will trigger/activate labour? Today I went to my 37 weeks checkup and Dr Ang did VE for me again and after that got blood. It's abit abit and lasted till now though it's lesser liao. I'm so scare he may have touched my mucus plug and may trigger earlier labour. Last week after doing VE I only saw a lil bit of blood and that's it. Today the VE is abit painful and got blood.. Fresh red somemore. Now I loathe going fir gynae visit.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I think I'll tell him I wanna try w/o epidural if he ask me on my next appointment so that I don't have to be admitted straight away. I prefer to wait for natural labour signal.

@Unicorn: Congratulations!! Do update us your birth story after you settled down.

@Val: Try to negotiate with your hubby see if he can postpone the biz trip to see the arrival of his precious son or not. By telling your SIL is a right choice as she can help you to convey messages.

@MamaYing: I agree with you that we will never be ready enough especially first time mummies. But I'm really getting nervous seeing so many mummies popping one by one.

@Wenzi: Were you asked to admit to hospital by Dr Ang after your appt today?

To those mummies who had popped, a big congratulations to you all!! Seems like there is at least 1 mummy popped everyday this week.

Having back pain and can't fall asleep so come in and update my 37 weeks checkup.

As mentioned earlier, I had VE done today and it's more uncomfortable and painful as compared to last week. After doing VE, gynae estimated I might deliver next week as I dilate further to around 1.5cm. And surprisingly, bb's weight dropped to around 3.1kg today from 3.4kg last week so I'm not so worried of her weight now but worry that I might really give birth next week.. I really really hope my bb can wait till I finish my reunion dinner then come out.. I was put on CTG after the consultation for around 10min but the clinic assistant never tell me anything after that.

Oh ya, today I saw ppl delivering a new bed for the checkup and I kpo ask how much is it and was surprised that it cost a whopping $10k+..

@MamaYing: Today after my gynae appt I went to JB with my hubby to walk awhile and I did mani & pedi. But I heard from the ppl there that during labour, the nurses will help to clean away the colour so that they can scan our nails for don't know what.

Zanta

Yup when admitted for labour should clean off fingernail polish. They need to see if colour of nail bed changes, just in case sth happens (touch wood).

Did doc say how come bb weight decreased? The last time he scanned not so accurate is it?

Morning all mummies

Here's Kailyn birth story:-

18 Jan check in at 945pm, insert pill to induce...

19 Jan 3am, no contraction so rest at ward....7am return to delivery suite, put drip to induce....9am gynae came chk 3cm dilated & burst waterbag....930am ask for epidural cuz dun wan too stressed n slow down dilation n also due to pelvic pain so need pain relieve....10am fully dilated but no sensation to push...1030am call gynae ask me wait to push...1045am start pushing & 1059am Princess Kailyn is out...she weigh 2.79kg

Side effects fr epi was itch all over...then due to last meal was dinner...end up gastric n puke aft delivery...tis time super weak or mayb due to hunger...so end up resting alot

Zanta: yeah I will not be painting my nails, just to trim and clean them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but dun think I am going. Very tired today. Slept very late zzz

One more day tml then I need not wake up so early le...

I feel my nose is a bit swollen today! Hmmm paranoid!

wish_child, i just loosened the settings again. think my 5year old lappie at home is kuku liao. i hope can find now!

to all the mummies who have popped, congratulations! hubbs keeps telling me i won't be so excited when the sleepless nights come.. haha. i will definitely be missing the baby bump. dunno if i can ever make a #2, so i treasure every single day that i'm still preggo!

mamaying, so early ah! hehe. my hubbs has been telling me my nose is fatter since like 1.5 months ago. he very bad. but i got my revenge. some kids asked me yesterday if i was carrying twins. i replied, "yes lor, one in my tummy and one over there *points at hubbs tummy*" so overall, i still win. i also waiting to start ML.. 2 feb 2 feb is my magic day

harloo mummiesss

congrats to all whom have popped.. seems this time round lotsa jan mummies as well in here.

Esther - boots milkbags is good - used before and see if gort bulk discount if get more lah? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feeling super tired and have to drag myself to work.. but wat to do. my dept also closing just transfered here last MAY and dunno where i will go after this ML. worried but glad my bb is my saving grace. Life has never been easy so far... but have to b strong

Sian morning sickness is back to haunt me. perhaps baby is big liao pressing on stomach, usually have no appetite during dinner, then this morning puke.

yaataa: haha teacher have to wake up early ma. Zzz so tired.

Jia You Idaar!!

Morning mummies~

Wonder how's Charmaine & her prince doing. Hee hee..

@Zanta: *sigh* Last night when I was out with my hubby for movie I mentioned about the conversation that his bil & I had. Then as what I expected, he told me if got to work also no choice. Then I so upset! I told him his bil cannot go himself meh? And he said how can he go, he's the boss. DUH! Then why not ask his bil to stay at home, don't work. He has been travelling quite frequent for work what. Then why must choose this critical period and ask my hubby to go?? I hope today when my hubby find out more info from him he will say no need to go. *sigh* Then I mumbled "Work is more important than me giving birth meh..". So disappointing.

@trinket: Then how about toes polish? Also have to remove? And issit also a must to remove ring? I managed to remove my diamond ring but not my wedding band. =/

@yaataa: we jia you try to coax our baby to turn k?

@ofb: wow. Thanks for such detailed explanation abt the cda and bank account. You really read up alot alot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamaying - oh dear, morning sickness back? Has it been more frequent recently?

pinkyval - i can absolutely understand how you feel. If i were you, i will flare up too. What is more impt than being with you during delivery. is there no way that the biz trip be re-scheduled? can someone else go on your hubby's behalf?

@mamaying: i read a pregnancy book. They say that morning sickness might come back after 35 weeks duw to our body changes in preparation for labour.

@moomoo: I also don't know what is he thinking. Maybe he finds it difficult to say "no" to his bil. But his bil should be understanding what. He's a father of 2 leh! When his wifr had her first kid her contractions came in the middle of the night but she waited till morning 7am when he's awake then asked him to send her to hospital. And he can actually asked her why didn't she wake him up earlier. Maybe he has forgotten his 1st kid was 2 weeks early. And in 2 more weeks I'm going to due! He himself is a "busy man" doesn't mean my hubby also has to be like this mah. Hello~ Sister here is having her FIRST kid! Like this I also no mood to push liao.

They are in shipping line so if the ship's there they gotta go. The someone else that can go will be his bil lor. Actually in my heart I was hoping my sil will ask him don't ask my hubby to go. But I'm scared later he'll think why I so fast like 打小报告 to his wife like that. And if my hubby knows about it I think he'll "scold" me too. Haiz. Guys. If work is really so important why set up a family?

yaataa, I added u on facebook. =)

Cheyanne, Do take care woh. =)

Morning mommies.. Yesterday night cant sleep well. Having some cramp feeling the whole night. So scary lor.. I thought i going delivery. Hahaha. =P

wish_child, thanks thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamaying, i also having MS. but it seems to have become night sickness.. particularly bad when i eat spicy stuff. will be burping all night and keep feeling like throwing up. and yes teachers confirm get up super early. luckily i live within walking distance to my school, so i get to laze till about 6.10am hehe.

pinkyval, perhaps you can drop your SIL some hints? if hubby not there, i will also be very sad.

jerine, i been coaxing, scolding and threatening baby, but he is ignoring all my words haha! these days (or nights, rather), my favourite time is to see baby moving around at night.. scary and amazing all at once [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] this is surely what i will miss most when i pop!

Hello mommies those who interested on the Placenta Encapsulation can email to Geri [email protected]. Do visit the website to find out more detail. =)

Here the reply from the InWombpartner

Hi Geri,

We do have a group discount, ie if you have 5 or more mummies signing up together. Each mummy will get a 10% off. However, this discount is only applicable to the capsules package which will come to $270 in total excluding weekend/public holiday surcharge (if applicable).

There are 2 different pricing.

Powder - $270

Capsules - $300

(Both prices include picking up of placenta, processing and delivery of powder/pills)

We will be glad to collect the placenta(subjected to availability) for processing over weekends/PH at an additional cost of $60.

Be advised that there will be no collection after 8pm for all days.

There is no guarantee of immediate service but we will collect the placenta as soon as we can. Your husband or any of your family members just need to give Alvin a call @ 97666783 after your delivery to arrange pick up of the placenta. To maintain the quality of the placenta, it is advisable to prepare a cooler bag and ice pack to keep the placenta chill prior to collection. In case, we are unable to collect the placenta immediately, the placenta will have to be brought back home(unless you have a fridge in your room) to store in the fridge(for less than 4 days), in the normal freezer(for 4 days or more) and we can arrange to collect the placenta either from your home or hospital.

When the powder/capsule is done, we will give you a call to confirm the place that is convenient for you and would like us to deliver it to.

Payment(cash preferred) will be upon delivery of powder/capsules back to you.

If you are interested in engaging our services, kindly fill up the attached customer particulars form and email it back to us. Please inform your gynecologist that you wish to keep the placenta. If you are opting for caesarean, please inform us the date and time of delivery as soon as you can and we'll try our best to keep that day available.

Regards,

InTheWomb Partners

Email : [email protected]

Yaataa, No problem =)

Try not to eat ur dinner after 8pm. It will helps for me. After 8pm i never eat anything i wont feel like vomit and can sleep well. =)

YingYing, Do take care. Ren yi ren another few days to go. =)

yaataa..

yeah only 3 days gap.. ya me too excited to see all the mummies there ..everytime my hubby wil alway also compare my tummy with the other mummies there.. then say mine is too small..

Sovrana..

my next appt also on 31st Jan but i will be there in the evening only.. ya when ask him abt bb head down or not he jus.. Hmm.. then ask abt my placenta.. he also.. Hmmm.. so i guess all shd be alright.. hee hee..

wish_child, i'll try my best to follow! sometimes a bit more hard cos i go back to my parents' place for dinner, and we only start about 8plus. by the time we finish, it's almost 9 already!

dadnmum, hahaha yes yes, i thought my tummy was small but in the last five weeks, i really put on a lot of weight and mass. so now i think on par with the average already! how much weight have you ladies gained? i have gained about 13kg so far. wonder how much more i will gain before baby is out :p

moomoo- yeah started today...

jerine- i agree with u.. my sis also say MS might return... she is a mother of 2 heehee

yaataa- added u on fb :> yeah i think night also not good.. i think is cos of gas also... somemore i drank coke last night :/ maybe tt's why this morning feel sick. u noe dexter tam n tay night? u from nus chem?

wish_child yeah heee... how did ur session with Geri go? I would nv go for it... pain ouch hehehe

Hi all.. Thanks for all ur concern. Few days have been uneventful for me.. Pumping session 2 hrly because baby got latching issue due to pacifier.. Other than that it's coaxing baby to slp, feeding, cleaning up shit.. My c sect wound is much much better.. Actually I feel 80% healed alr but still don't want to over exert it also.. Got to thk dr Adrian for the perfect stitching. Haha.. Emotion wise still roller coaster hopefully it'll be better. Currently pumping about 70ml per session.. Find that it's still too little so diligently wake up to pump.. Just found out I got UTI due to catheter.. Baby had checkup yesterday. Pink of health no jaundice good pee and poo and doing well. Hear that my mood lighten up alot. Wow more mummies have delivered! Congrats!

@yaataa: seems like our boy very stubborn..... :p i have gained 14 kg!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so sad...... Gained so much weight... Baby weight is around 2.5 to 2.8kg. What about yours?

btw, yest i bought 2nd hand warmer from a mother, she asked me if i am 5 mths pregnant! hahaha she said tt i look very compact! HAHA

anyone here wanna buy 2nd hand carseat? she is trying to sell away her baby stuff. her kids are 1.5 and 3.5 years liao so no need the stuff. can let me know i let u have her no.

Back