(2011/02) Feb 2011

claire & nashita: thanks for the info on the pigeon steriliser. think tommee tippee bundle is more worth..

cos they are giving 2 sets of 'those keep milk warm' bags + pacifier + 4 bottles + bottle brush incl warmer and steriliser.

princess: we have same EDD, I'm taking ML from 4th jan.. last day in office 31 Dec 2010.

Now I can hardly climb the stairs to my office at 2nd floor.

+ taking the train from Yishun to Bras Basah is really torturous..

baby keep protesting by kicking & stretching and I cant breathe properly sitting down..

moreover, I want to spend some time with my elder boy as I'll be starting him at child care..

so I'll have to go on leave from Jan.

Actually, 4 months of ML after the birth of baby is really too long..

cos by then u will be very bored at home

cos taking care of baby is really very mundane thing plus no freedom.

i think going back after 2 months and taking flexi leave (e.g. half day weekly) better..

I also think start ML earlier is good cos we got some time to rest before we start to get no sleep when BB born!

Zanta, The SA told me the cloth diaper can hold around 2 500ml bottle of water. Then must change the insert. Maybe u can find out more online by email them or can go down to their booth this coming sat.

Ah ching, I also lost my beauty sleep at mid of night. Around 3-4am i will wake up for toilet break when went back to bed i cant sleep at all. Must wait until 5+ then i can sleep back.

Baywater, Dont be sad is very normal to feel tired. I also nowadays easily feeling tired when hit third trimester. Oh u can do online shopping to buy some christmas gift for ur family or friends. So u no need to go out of house also can do shopping. My sis's friend ask me to make some cupcakes for her to give her colleagues as christmas gift. Maybe u can make some cookies or cupcakes at hm and give ur family or friends as a christmas gift? Do Take Care =)

Princess31, Do take care and have more rest. Dont anyhow eat and eat something plain. Avoid spicy, oily and uncooked food. =)

HI Cherry

We have the same EDD date 15th Feb

I also starting my ML from 7th Feb =)

How heavy is yr baby during last check up>

Just went for mine last week at 30weeks 3days baby is 1.6KG slightly heavier than norm? =)

Joanne

===GATHERING - PLS ADD ON TO LIST====

16 dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. Nashita

4. Wish_child

5. Eviangal (depends on location and time)

6. Baywater

7. Zenta (depends on time and location)

8. Unicorn(depends on time and location)

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zanta (depends on time and location)

7. Tangobebe2010 (22nd lunch is out though)

8. Unicorn

9. kinderbueno

10. Cnicole - 22/12 only

Most of the mommies can make it on the 22/12.

Mommies perfer lunch or dinner? Maybe we can meet at central area or perfer at orchard??

16 dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. Nashita

4. Wish_child

6. Baywater

7. Zenta (depends on time and location)

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zanta (depends on time and location)

8. Unicorn

9. kinderbueno

10. Cnicole - 22/12 only

11. Eviangal - 22/12 lunch only (depends on time and location)

Mommies perfer lunch or dinner? Maybe we can meet at central area or perfer at orchard

Ah ching, Oh must eat tang yuan after pray tai shui ah? I dont know le. Hehe.. I just go temple and que up for the tai shui. The in charge will write my eight character then after that que up again for the prayer lor.. Haha i only know very troublesome.. Hehe

Hi mums,

I just did a stock take of the bb stuffs ..

Will check with hubby whether still need to purchase some more stuffs ..

If not, will just get the cot only ..

Will try and pack the hospital bag tonight ..

Probably start to wash the bb clothings after Xmas ..

Still need to clean the washing machine before using it to wash the bb clothes ..

today the thread seem to be quite quiet..

recently keep wanting to go buy things but shop shop already everytime end up didnt buy anything!

i keep cant make up my mind abt things.. i wonder why..

Hi Cherry & Ah Ching, thanks for sharing your ML plans ... seems like there's really no clear cut path, and it's up to each individual mummy how we wish to utilise our 4 mths ML [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ah Ching, I'm so envious your last day of work is 31st Dec! Actually, that was my dream earlier on, but from the way my work is stacking up, looks like mid-Jan is probably more realistic!

Hi Feb Mummies!

im from the dec 2010 thread. im consolidating orders for raspberry leaves tea which aids in a smooth delivery and breastfeeding, also helps in digestion and water retention. esp good for pregnant women. its recommended that we take 2-3 cups each day. these raspberry leaves tea are organic and are selling at $9.50 outside. i can get it at $8.00 (60g) which can make bout 30 cups... if ure interested pls email me at [email protected]

thx!

Hi All Mummies,

I am new here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My edd will fall on CNY 3/2-5/2.. same as princess 31 ..

Excited ! :p

@PreciousBabi: I also can feel the pressure when tossing while sleeping, very uncomfortable feeling. Try to drink some hot milk before bedtime and see if you can sleep better throughout the night. For me, I have dreams almost every single night even when I'm not pregnant so I kind of got used to it already.

@Claire: The pain and hardening of my fingers also got worsen. At first I only felt pain and hardening of fingers in the morning when I'm awake, then became pain throughout the day but no hardening, and now I can feel my left middle finger hardening towards the night. My gynae told me it's due to water retention and I wonder if this will improve right after I deliver or not..

@Baywater: Ask your hubby to practise driving to TMC twice a week from now and he will remember the route well. Haha..

Don't feel useless as this is part and parcel of pregnancy. Instead, make use of this opportunity to ask hubby to do things for you. Hehe.. Because after we give birth, we got no excuse already.

@wish_child: Oh, thanks alot. Because I can't find any info on the amount of pee they can hold from their website. 2 x 500ml should be around 2-3 times pee I suppose.

Hi Joanne,

My baby weighed 1.6kg too, at 30 weeks 2 days. My gynae said that weight is just nice, not too much not too little. I think if the date estimated by the scan corresponds to your EDD, your baby's weight is on the 50th percentile ie just right. The date on my scan was 14 Feb, actual EDD 15 Feb, so everything just nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have you packed your hospital bag yet? Washed all the baby clothes and prepared everything? Since I'm only due mid feb, I figured it's still early, will prob wait till mid Jan to finish preparations. My cot still needs to be cleaned, bedding needs to be washed, and all the bottles, breastpump parts etc need to be sterilised. Also haven't bought baby bathtub, stroller, changing mat for cot top changer, maternity pads and washcloths. Lol talk about procrastinating!

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

Hi Angie! Yes, our EDDs are so near to each other! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How has your pregnancy been so far, and what about your baby prep? Is this your first child and where will u be delivering? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Angie: Hihi & welcome on board!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Are you expecting a boy or a girl?

@Princess31: Drink more water to keep yourself hydrated. I think you got food poisoning is it?

@Ah Ching: That time Charmaine advised to get 80-90pcs of pads to standby but I only got myself 50pcs of maternity pads. I already told my hubby where to get them in case I got not enough supplies during my confinement. Hehe..

@princess31 - i afraid i'll be facing the problem as you as i may go for c-sec though i wanted natural very much. Will really depend my fate liao. I definitely will opt for natural if possible mainly coz i want to experience the delivery process and see my bb asap! Secondly, recovery is faster. In fact, i more scare of c-sec coz i will opt for half body and can't imagine doc cutting ur stomach when u half-conscious and after op, the pain etc! Really depend on individual and luck. For ML, intend take one week before my edd to rest, enjoy my singlehood, do & eat whatever things i want as well as to spend more time with my family. Take care!

@Ah Ching - same here, i also go shop shop but end up din buy things. I also scare stay at home will be too bored but guess having bb may take up most of our time. If can, i plan to learn cook, bake (if have time and oven) and online shopping. Just scare have no time for myself nia..hee

@unicorn - why must wash the washing machine and u wash by soaking it with bleach right?

My MIL told me must go return tai shui no later than 22 dec dong zhi! I will eat tangyuan coz only once a year and also symbolise 团圆美满!

Experience mummies, if c-sect, must it be 2 wks in advanced of edd?

@Baywater: I’m adding a lot of oil.. LOL!! Normally I control the intake of water at night coz I scared will get up to pee many times.. But I do drink alot in the day..

You have spotting? Did you call your gynae? Your hubby so funny lor.. Ask him to check the map for the shortest route and if really cannot remember the route, call for a cab.. Haha..

By the way, do you know when the shipment for the nissen clothes will arrive.. No rush, thought I can wait to wash the clothes together..

@Nashita: My maternity leave already approved.. Starting 10th Jan.. I’m so looking forward.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Zanta: I just felt the pressure when I stood up from my chair and when walking.. Oh dear, I wonder if it will get worse.. I still have a Xmas party at home on 24th!! And my tummy feels so tight now when bb moves..

@Angie: Welcome to the group!

Seeing the weight of some bbs, I wonder how heavy is mine now.. Excited to see him on this sat.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ah ching, Yap dong zhi most of the families will be having gathering. =)

Maybe u want to look and walk around before u really get something u wan?

Angie, Welcome =)

Zanta, I not so sure 1litre is it same as baby pee 3-5 times or not. Hmm i think baby dont pee a lot ba. I only know bb shit a lot before 3months when they born.

Cherry, I also haven wash all the baby clothes and haven prepare bb bath tub, bb shampoo and a lot of other thing. Hehe i also still relax haven did anything yet. Hmm will wash the bb clothes and cloth diapers during jan time.

Hi Princess!

I am taking ML two weeks from my due date which is on 12 feb. Remember to enjoy yourself and spoil yourself those two weeks before the baby comes! LOL

@PreciousBabi: Sometime when getting up of seat or outta bed I also can feel the pressure. My gynae said this is normal but never tell me the reason. Maybe you can ask your gynae on this saturday appointment and see what yours say?

@wish_child: Haha.. Now I think about it, I think it depends on how much the bb pees to see how much the cloth diaper can withstand liao.

16 dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. Nashita

4. Wish_child

6. Baywater

7. Zanta (depends on time and location)

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zanta (prefers lunch but depends on time and location)

8. Unicorn

9. kinderbueno

10. Cnicole - 22/12 only

11. Eviangal - 22/12 lunch only (depends on time and location)

Mommies perfer lunch or dinner? Maybe we can meet at central area or prefer at orchard

Cherry - your bb may be born on Valentine's Day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You are not alone, there are also quite a number of outstanding items for me too.

Re washing of clothes, i think it's better not to do too early else it will be collecting dusts again. Probably early Jan might be good.

i just went for my weekly checkup today... had a detailed scan and the placenta is still low, currently sits 2.6 cm away from the cervix opening, similiar to Princesse's case. My gynae didn't say about if there is another detailed scan is leh.. c-sect seems to be recommended at the moment. ... Does c-sect have to be 2 wks earlier than natural birth?

my edd is 3 feb, v close to Princess's, ah ching's and angie's. Welcome angie!

havent decided on my maternity leave yet.. wanted to reserve more till after bb is born.. but doc advised to take some ML before delivery to rest... From the previous posts, looks like many mummies are taking ML 2 wks before delivery hor...

princess: take care ya, ur diarrhae and vomitting mus have been worrying..

unicorn: u pack hospital bag already ah? was thinking of packing later leh... can only pack things like disp panties, pads, nightgowns.. other things like toiletries, camera,hp charger etc can only pack later.. is it necessary to bring our own breast pump?

ah ching: u can't make up ur mind is it becos u already have some hand downs from ur elder kid or looking for the best for ur bb? hee

zanta: i read that the water retention prob supposed to improve after delivery, but dunno how long la..

2 x 500ml : i'm estimating it should be at least 4 pees? assuming 250ml per pee..? not sure if bb pee more or less compared to adults? :p

cherry: i have not prepared quite a few of those that u mentioned too, incl stroller, bathtub.. am planning to buy stroller after bb is born leh... dun will use stroller much for newborn yet.. what do u all think? is it too late to buy then?

Hi cherry,

Hee your baby weights the same too =) How much have u gain now? For me hit 10kg-11kg le =( U expecting gal or boy? Is it yr first baby, when u will start to drink coconut hee i think i will start on 9th mth.

I Just pack my hospital bag yesterday =) Baby clothes and mattress set all wash last week le =)Ya can pack early Jan too..Me have to seperate 2 time load to wash all baby stuff in my 10Litre washing machine =X For Cot I havent layed the bed sheet cover yet, mattress cover is not removed , guess do it first week Feb still ok ba scare trap dust. Oh ya i have touch on the bottles brestpumps etc guess that one later ba if not will get dirty again...

Erm u maybe you can complete the shopping first coz later part shopping may be tedious for us..

By the way did yr gynea tell u baby position? Mine didnt mention..dont know if baby turn le ma.. =) You will do 3d scan at 32 weeks? me still keen because excited to see baby =X

Hi cherry,

Hee your baby weights the same too =) How much have u gain now? For me hit 10kg-11kg le =( U expecting gal or boy? Is it yr first baby, when u will start to drink coconut hee i think i will start on 9th mth.

I Just pack my hospital bag yesterday =) Baby clothes and mattress set all wash last week le =)Ya can pack early Jan too..Me have to seperate 2 time load to wash all baby stuff in my 10Litre washing machine =X For Cot I havent layed the bed sheet cover yet, mattress cover is not removed , guess do it first week Feb still ok ba scare trap dust. Oh ya i have touch on the bottles brestpumps etc guess that one later ba if not will get dirty again...

Erm u maybe you can complete the shopping first coz later part shopping may be tedious for us..

By the way did yr gynea tell u baby position? Mine didnt mention..dont know if baby turn le ma.. =) You will do 3d scan at 32 weeks? me still keen because excited to see baby =X

hey everyone, i just came back from 3d2n from Genting with Hubby, MIL and my 2gals. It was really much colder than i expected (like 13deg!)and poor thing my #2 is now down with cold/flu. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] she cried alltheway back in thecoach, so paiseh (for the other passengers) but so worried for my girl as she was running a temp! Only my 3yrold eldest girl the time of her life there, relishing all the rides. Now hubby n i nursing a really bad headache from all the shouting and wailing in the confined bus. Don't think we will be attempting Genting tripsfor a long long time to come!

Btw, saw many responses to my 'ranting' about the horrdendous hubby's colleague. We received an sms from her while in Malaysia--she paid $199 in the end.

I asked my hubby if he had known this colleague to be so 'chao kwan', if we had known, i would nver had lent her the cot. Hubby said not initially when we lent the cot, but subsequently he realised the woman was a v self-centred person (from various encounters). Anyway, the thing is, my hubby had already tendered his resignation from the job he is currently holding SO, hubby and colleague won't beseeing each other again lor. That's why i was so mad.

When that colleague insinuated tt we were 'partially at fault' coz people usualy don't take bb stuff back--my hubby shot back an sms saying she's so ridiculous to even suggest tt.

Now i just feel v bad for my friend who passed me the cot. She was telling me 8out of 10 of her sibling's kids grew up in that cot when it was at her mum's plce. It's really not about the compensation (altho' it's important she pay!).. it's the sheer incosideration of it all! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

So next time, mummies do be very very CLEAR when 'lending' stuff... I had a few friends who offeredto lend me their Medela Pump in style...but like what some of you said...if i accidentally spoilt it...how am i going to find one to compensate man! In the end i bought a 2nd hand one...at least i dun have the pressure of making sure i dun destory somebody's elses pump!

hi,

ive a

1) rainforest fisher price bouncer for sale.

hardly used, condition 9.5/10. stain free in vibrant colours. pet free home.

selling for $65

2) medela pump in style (sling bag)

for hygiene reasons, im only selling the motorised part. preused Funnel, tubes, bottles wil be given free upon request. past warrenty, (bought in "first few years, paragon" @ abt $500)

-selling for $250 only

pls email to [email protected]

collection at bukit timah

thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4890698.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4890699.jpg]

Hi all, my Hubby has been on leave so I spend alot of time with him watching Fringe haha... So never log into the forum for past week.

I just hit an unbelievable milestone of 33 weeks today!!! Am excited. Baby at 32+ weeks scan was 1.859kg. So seems like everything is on track. Just feeling paranoid eah time I head to toilet coz scared the first thing I see is blood again... LOL!

I am still puking since day 1 and have given up any hope that the puking will end before I deliver [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] got used to it already. Despite the puking, my weight gain (since I stopped losing weight and an started gaining weight) is 10kg. 45kg to 55kg now. My nett gain in weight however is only 4kg (prepreg weight 51kg). Despite this, baby is growing well so all those worries abt me not putting on enough weight coz of vomiting seem unfounded. :D

Scheduled for csec 19 Jan 2011 n am so looking forward to the operation. My first child was also by csec. I recalled that I wasn't afraid etc for some reason. Maybe too excited abt having baby out off my tummy. This time, am also not afraid coz I know I am in very good hands. Opting for epidural csec. So Hubby n I can be together and watch the magical moment when baby Emm emerges! We experienced it for my son and it was very very lovely.

So I am left with 33 days for D day. Maybe I should get kicking on the balance shopping list and the tonns of things to do such as laundry n fixing up the cot again.

My sis in law is going for natural birth this month n she took one week ML before EDD date. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] two new babies in the family soon.

mami b.. long time no see

wow.. 33 more days only and its a jan tiger baby for you... hope all goes well and soon a little baby bouncing gerl in yr arma already..

enjoy...

helping geri only

seriosly worth it and cheap!!! (by geri) works out to be 16oz - $15.57 for (original) & $16.10 (creamy)

4oz - $4.89 (original) & $6.40 (creamy)

all prices excluding shipping

DESITIN SPREE BY GERI [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

16oz tub (Desitin Rapid Relief - creamy Blue)

1. idaarshad

2. idaarshad

16oz tube (Desitin Original - Purple)

1. idaarshad

4oz tube (Desitin Creamy)

4oz (Desitin Original)

add on more mummies and geri was mentioning to close it by 27 December. Payments all to be made to Geri [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi yvonee - i am selling also the carters bag [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Pm me as i couldnt pm u . . a few designs avail

Hi,

finally bit the bullet yesterday and spent $169 on my tommee tippee steriliser + warmer bundle..

This is the only thing I really wanted this pregnancy so feel very happy that I got it!

Spent abt $250 at kiddy palace yest to get the free delivery.. ha ha

got 3 pairs of mittens, milk bottle detergent, 1 pack of Petpet 's' diaper, NUK teats, NUK pacifier, Pigeon breast pads, Pigeon wet wipes x 6

got an assortment of safety items for Number 1 to lock up all my cupboards & drawers..

But still havent got my receiving blanket, hat, cotton balls, for my gal..

and all the maternity things..

guess will get the rest from NTUC later this week.

today I'm going to see Dr Ang!

Still need to order the breast pump spare parts as I think I'll be re-using my Medela Mini Electric..

wont be buying a new pump liao.

Somehow after deciding on all these things I had a good sleep last night.

Hi Mummies!

Joanne, I'm expecting a girl. I've also gained about 10kg so far, hoping to cap the weight gain at 12 or 13kg max, otherwise it will be impossible to lose! My friend said she lost about 7kg during the delivery (about 3kg baby weight, the rest is the blood/amniotic fluid) so hopefully I can breastfeed off the remaining 5-6kg after delivering, hehe.

I'm not sure of baby position but from what I know, this can change until baby's head becomes engaged closer to the EDD, like say 36-37weeks onwards, so I wouldn't worry about it now.

Haven't starting drinking coconut water. Does it really work? It does contain alot of calories and I'm trying not to gain too much weight so I'm abit hesitant to try. Maybe during lunch at work I might just drink the canned version in the food court.

6 more weeks to ML...I can't wait! Thankfully there is the festive season to distract me in between or I'll go crazy!!

Mrs Ong,

Yah, will use bleach to soak the washing machine ..

Then use hot water to wash off, plus another round of cold water wash ..

Claire,

I din really pack much ..

Only my clothes and toiletries ..

Still need to pack bb stuffs when I am done washing them ..

Zantarina and Preciousbabi: Asking my h to practise driving there, will not be of any help LOL. Cos if his mind a preoccupied, he will miss the route/ dun know how to go. He can ask me which junction to turn for my mum’s house, even though he has been driving me for the past 10 yrs. Sigh

Preciousbabi, thks for the concern on the spotting. I think I’m a little overwork the day before, so I just rest for the day and I’m back in action again “>

Mummies who have placed order for Nissen 10pcs set, Good news, our items are now in Singapore and I’m waiting for them to send to my house. Er pls advise how do you wish to collect u items. “>

Back