(2011/01) Jan 2011

xiaopang - hv u tried applying california bb calendula cream? I apply that on my gal's face and back everyday. She used to hv red patches on her back but since i started applying the red patches disappeared. Her face complexion also nice and smooth :)

xiaopang, my boyy had heat rash weeks ago too.. i used bitter gourd water to bath him.. it helps to reduce the heatiness in his body... u can buy dried bitter gourd from medical store.. u can check with them how to do it... on top of that, i also apply calamine lotion to all the affected areas.. calamine lotion can see the immediate effect, his redness goes away within a few hours..

xiaopang, my boy's neck oso bcomes red n previously bit raw..but afta applied aloe vera gel, nxt day fine oready..been using it on his face too wenever got any rash or redness..

mayb u wud like to try..

Sputnik, thought the 1st 6-in-1 vaccine is given at 3 months old? How come your girl went at 2 months?

My boy only had the Hep B 2nd dose so far...

Mummies, if you're getting California Baby Calendula cream can consider this onlne store:

http://tiny-shop.blogspot.com/search/label/California%20Baby

They are selling 2oz at only $18.50 including normal postage, Watson is selling at $29.90 :eek:

I applied on my boy's face and all the rashes disappeared within 2 days! Now his face is very smooth and seldom has milk rashes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] For his neck, I'm using Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% pure gel, apply after bath and before sleep.

wah! U all still have time for massage n exercise?!

I find myself no time at all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my lost of weight is mainly 100% bf plus tiredness.

Mummies, rem to take ur calcium pills ESP if bf.

Sigh.. I very disappointed with the taka BB fair. Specially go down to buy the avent storage cups, but they say out of stock n wun replenish the stocks :-/

bought a small fan to clip onto BB pram, but can't work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Charleen,

Same to you...My lost weight is also mainly from 100% BF and tiredness altho I did post-natal massage 1 month after I gave birth..The massage is mainly help to reduce water-retention in my body..

Same as many, Already back to pre-pregnant weight..still trying to cut down since BF..hopefully it work...

elekos - actually the 6-in-1 can take at 1.5 mths already. The doc gave me a leaflet which shows the schedule for the different type of vaccinations, for 6 in 1, can take at 1.5, 3 or 5 mths or 2,4,6 mths. We chose to do the 2,4,6 mths schedule. Since we did the 6 in 1, then no need to do the Hep B one separately.

Thks mummies for all the info. but what kind of aloe vera should i get? and what brand is safe for our little one.

Any BF mummies here drinks coffee or tea? is it advisable to drink it? for so long i never had coffee!! i miss the taste!! >_<

Hi xiaopang

I have been drinkin kopi c since day one of pregancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] till now.. dont think should be any problem so long not excessive.

XiaoPang,

Yeah, I have been wearing the Lumimi girdle for more than 10 years already. It helps to give a good shape when worn; but once I remove it, the tummy pops out again. Haha! But I do not wear the full bodysuit, lazy to pull & tug it into shape. You use it too?

Grumpus, Gina,

The calcium supplements do not help much with my knee problem, glucosamine not too sure. Maybe I will try for a month & see how.

My boy starting to drool and make bubbles at his mouth. Wondering if he's starting teething?

Any mummies have the same experience?

Chelleybaby you are not alone!! me too..still have 7kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mummies,

My bm ss still abt 100ml each pump, bb 2 mth already. Recently saw a lactation consultant n today saw a pd coz bb wwnt for vaccination today. Both the lac consultant n pd asked me to take donperidone to boost up my supply n try my best to give bb 100% bm n latch him on....but my bb dont want latch,....anyone taking donperidone??

Lily, puix,

we must jia you to lose the weight!!!

Chercat,

I also hv the lumimi girdle and bodysuit. Bought it 5 yrs bk. Remembered it cost me an arm and a leg lor!! So ex but I still bought it cuz our ex-colleagues all say v good..

Mummies,

anyone know anything abt babies with this digestive condition GERD?

Chelleybaby,

Oh dear, wat r his symptoms? My elder girl was bottle fed so I fed her small but frequent feeds so tat her tummy was never too full n never too empty cos too full throw up, too empty too much stomach acid build up. After every feed I carried her upright for at least 15-20mins and she slept propped up at an angle. She was given motilium n Zantac. She eventually outgrew it at abt 4mths

Same medication was given but didn't seem any better and a stronger medicine Losec and Mylanta isbeing prescribed.

I latch on demand and he drinks a bit a bit each time. Sometimes his heartburn is so bad(like nw) tt he cries so hard in pain. He hardly sleeps too cuz v uncomfortable. I also practise the keeping upright rule. I even stop taking diary, eggs, seafood and all the acidic food thinking it contributes to the heartburn/reflux, but his PD says just stopping diary is okay. On the verge of switching to soy formula as my hubby thinks it is better..

Sigh really v heartbreaking when he cries so hard and there's nothing I can do. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chelleybaby,

Poor u....HUGZ....

Hang in there. Reflux bbs tend to nurse very often cos milk is a natural antacid. Oh yes, I remember my girl took losec too after the Zantac seems to be in effective.

Dun give up n switch him to soy ok? Ultimately BM is still the best for him.

Do u hv anybody who can help u at home? It's exhausting I know, I've been through it the endless crying, endless carrying and rocking. I used to carry my girl for hours cos tat was the only way she would sleep. It would help tremendously if u had an extra pair of hands to help u for a couple of hrs.

Hv u tried a pacifier? Sucking on the pacifier helps to produce more saliva which also helps to neutralize the stomach acids. The sucking also helps to calm n soothe them.

How long as he had the reflux? Just started? The beginning is always the worst. For my girl the worst of it was the first 2-3wks. But once her stomach ha time to settle and the rawness in her throat healed she felt better.

Hang in there, it's something tat will get better over time.

Thanks grumpus. He started the heartburn more than a nth ago and peaked really bad abt 2 wks ago. Is just that everytime the acid accumulates and it flares up I get so helpless (like last evening). Yes my mum helps me as my hubby isn't ard mostof the time

think I'll try the pacifier on him too, thanks, will hang in there and wait for him to outgrow it.

Chercat & Chelleybaby,

yea i also have lumimi. we must wear it everyday tho at first we wear it dont feel comfortable. but after sometimes we will get use to it. especially lunch time at such hot weather when we go out for lunch during work right! haha..

Chercat, the bodysuit give the most effect. so you got to wear it to slim down your flabby tummy. you can wear it at night to sleep if you dont want to wear it during the day time.

I also got mine a few years back. i am looking for their shops so i can trade in mine and get a new 1 or maybe i got to change size too. haha.. any idea where is the shop located at?

=)

Chellybaby,

my girl was putting on weight the 1st 2 mths. Her reflux peaked abt 3mths and for awhile her weight stagnanted, worse of all she could not hold her head steady and PD commented she was behind.

But after the really bad 2-3wks, she managed to catch up. So dun worry and think so much ok? Just focus on managing the symptoms and getting through the next few wks.

Thanks grumpus. My son is already small in size, has been slowly gaining weight then stagnant for the past 2 wks. Will hang in there. Thanks!

hi Chelleybaby,

my gal was also diagnosed with GERD when we brought her for her vaccination when she was 6 wks old. She was prescribed with Losec and Motilium for 2 wks, things seemed to have improved a bit (still vomitting but less in volume and frequency), but after the 2 wks of medication, the reflux starts creeping back. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

In the meantime, we tried to burp her in the upright position (find this more effective than letting her sit on my lap while burping). Hang in there, I'm still hoping the reflux phase will go off soon...

Oh dairy product will really worsen the reflux and cause gas huh? I've been drinking HL milk in quite a huge amt (like 3/4 of a 1 litre carton/day) for the past couple of days, cos my bm supply is low thus thought by drinking more milk it will help to increase.

Could that also have contributed to my gal passing gas so often these days and today is the 3rd day she has yet pooed?? Me bad mummy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies,

I'm from Dec thread.

I still hv sample pkt of anmum materna, similac mum, friso mum, enfamama. In total abt 14 pkts.. Gotta self collect cos to bulky to send by post. Anyone interested, pm me?

Whisp,

Yes diary might contribute to the reflux so I stopped taking it 2 weeks bk. My son also has a lot of gas and at times he cries v hard when he farts. Poor boy. PD says to take the losec for 2 weeks and stop but if the reflux/heartburn is still there then continue another 2 weeks. Can I check hw many mg was yr girl taking for the Losec?

ooo..this thread is moving so fast.

PoorMummy, regarding ur qtn last week. i am taking 4 capsules of fenugreek a day. 2 after breakfast and 2 after lunch.

My baby just took her 6-in-1 and Rotavirus this morning. 2nd dose will be 1 mth later. Can take 2nd dose together with Pneumococcal.

My gal also regurgitate milk after her feeds. I tot it's very normal so i never tot much of it.

Just hv to becareful not to tilt her backwards or shake her too much after a feed.

Chelleybaby,

my gal was taking 2.5ml (half a tablet of 20mg mixed with 10ml water) 2 times per day.

by the way, is soya bean drink considered as dairy product. sorry for such a silly question. ;p

Whisp,

mine also same dosage but no improvement now PD up it to 3.5mg.

Soya bean is frm soy not from cow's milk so not diary I think. But I don't take any fluids except for plain water and soups. Sigh no spicy food, garlic, onions cabbage and tomatoes (causes gas) and no diary, eggs, chocolate or caffiene (might cause reflux) for me. But I stop all these on my own accord after researching online.

Chelleybaby,

I did not go back to the doctor, as seems like the medicine is just a temporary relief to my baby (though she seemed to be able to sleep quite immediately after taking the medicine). So far how's your baby faring after taking the increased dosage? If it's better, maybe it's time for me to visit the PD again.

looking at your list of no-no food, guess it only leave me with plain water liao. i tends to take 1 cup of milo each in the morning and afternoon to give me energy. i've also included bee hoon in the list of no-no food after hearing from one of the mummies in the forum that it may cause gas.

Whisp,

seems slightly better with the increased dosage but only initially. When the stomach acid accumulates, it brings abt another heartburn attack and he will scream and cry in pain. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hey babes, has your baby start smiling already? im from feb thread but since u mummies give birth earlier so will like to hear from u all. when did they start smiling? mine is 8 weeks but still not yet..

my ger also have reflux..those babies having reflx, what are yr babies suptoms. my pd refuses to give.so now we r mixing our milk of friso comfort n friso

Hi Karis,

Thanks for your notification. Wondering is the MamyPoko promotion applicable only to online purchase or also available via their store? Cos have asked Hubby to check out our neighbourhood NTUC, but was told no such offer leh, though their online website does offer.

Thanks grumpus and karis. Will go to the bigger ntuc in search for the promotion. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back