(2011/01) Jan 2011

Chabby,

EDD is based on gestation, so that is usually based on last menses period.

the EDD u see on the screen when u do the scan is calculated based on the size of the bb and hence is not accurate. if yr bb is big then it would seem that EDD is earlier, if bb is small then EDD keeps pushing back.

EDD based on gestation is still the EDD u should keep to but ultimately it is all estimate only.

grumpus,

thank you.. then my EDD is pretty unknown it seems since i dunno when was my last period.

see how eager the little tiger want to come out then.i was told the norm is plus/minus 2 weeks. boys are usually earlier. i better pack my hospital bag when i'm 32 weeks..dun wan to risk it.

anyone has a hospital bag packing list to share?

need to bring my own pj and maternity pads? i'm delivering in glen-e. is it better to use maternity pads or those heavy flow overnite ones will suffice?

Chabby,

u can base the EDD on yr early 1st tri scans. cos usually at that stage bb size hv very little variation so the calculation of EDD based on size is pretty accurate.

but like u say lah, there's still a plus/minus of 2 wks.

i'm not sure abt own pj at glen e but most hospitals do provide the hospital gown for u so u only need yr own pj's if u prefer to wear them. maternity pads usually one pkt will be provided for u which shd hv enough for u to bring back and continue using.

better to use maternity pads at least for the 1st wk or so cos the flow is quite heavy and maternity pads are made of cotton which will not irritate down there as much as those thin plasticky ones we wear during normal menses.

Grumpus,

thank you. was wondering if i shld stock up on maternity pads.. i think i'll just buy 1 box.

any good brands to recommend and where to buy? i remember my sis used kotex, tom and stefanie sell it also.

Chabby,

The last time I bought only one pkt. Plus the pkt from hospital total 2 pkt. Think kotex n pureen are the most common ones.

I got my kotex one from ntuc.

Chabby - I deliver my #1 at glen E. I brought my sanitary pads, PJs and whatever, but I didnt get to change... Still wearing the blue gown after delivery... Quite a hassle if u BF-ing, coz it's tie at the back.

hi working wife, could you enable your PM or drop me yr email so that I could let u know how much i'm selling the doppler? Thanks.

Hi,I received my clinch wrap by post yest.

I bought my kotex maternity pads from guardian when they got a sale for my #1. Otherwise, NTUC will be cheaper. I bought about 5 packs actually and manage to finish all. Buy those stick kind and not the loop kind as it's very troublesome.

When I gave birth in KKH for my #1, I wore their PJ as theirs have an opening infront easy for BF. Not sure about other hospitals. As my present one will be in TMC, those who gave birth in TMC before, can I check if they provide PJ also?

I'm 25 weeks along and this is my 1st baby, already piled on 8kg!?!?! Oh no, still got 15 more weeks to go, worried i can't lose it all in 6 mths after I deliver, really need to lose the weight else can't go back to work.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

For those mummies who gained only 4 over kg so far,.. I'm so envious!!!

Thank you daphne.

will keep in mind

Chelleybaby.

i try not to worry too much. i'm going to gynae later. keep you posted about my weight gain later. for all you know i'm no better either. by the way, i'm already wear L and XL before pregnancy. sigh~ dun wan to think about having to buy XXL..

a friend who gave birth in kkh mentioned to get maternity pads from the pharmacy cos it is cheaper than outside. point to note.

I am thinking of getting my own PJ as well. I will be at KKH too.

Daphne: Do you remember if KKH PJ is lobang at the back or tie back type? I dun fancy those cos if i am to go toilet wearing it and friends and relatives are around, damn funny

Postpet - KKH is those normal PJ with open/flap infront for BF-ing.

Daphne - TMC not sure if they provide PJs, but most ppl bring their own..

Hi postpet2, I dun remember the PJ got anything to tie. Think it's just the dress kind u put over through the head. It's really comfortable and I dun remember seeing any other patients wearing their own PJ. But do remember to wear yr own maternity bra just incase yr frens & relatives visiting.

As I'm C-Sec, so the 1st day I'm wearing those surgical kind of PJ which is tie back kind. It's really uncomfortable but as they dun allow me to get out of bed, so it's makes no diff.

I've seem those maternity pads from the KKH pharmacy but dun think the price is cheaper than outside. Anyway, i only remember seeing the loop kind and not the stick kind.

wow,.........we are already discussing labour part and delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I am into 27 weeks and expecting an early delivery at may be 37 weeks (as my DD), so happy to assume that only 10 weeks left [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hoping to deliver normally same as my DD, but does anybody has experience with epidural? Do you recommend it or any effects later on? My DD was all natural so I am curious about it ;)

hi MTB.. can i join there.. my EDD is actually on 2 Feb..

but it to Jan 30.. am now 22 weeks..

my baby is 370g when detail scan..

i put on 8kg n this is my second pregnancy..

haven't go shopping anything for my baby yet..

my first gal is 21 plus months now..

hope to know more mummies here..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

Need some advise from this forum. Can i check if there is still a need to do the 20 week detail scan if one was taken at 16 week during the Amnio Test.

Appreciate your help

Rgds

Christine

Hi Christine,

Both tests are different. Amnio is to check the chromosomes and detail scan is to check the measurements of heart, bladder, hand , leg, head etc. etc. to find out if baby is growing perfectly which is not possible at 16 weeks.

I am sure you have to do both [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good Luck

As as Poor Mummy, I'm feeling very sleepy also... zzzzzzzzzzzz

Been a busy week for me as I'm busy organising & preparing the 1st bday party for my son this coming sun.

Hi mommies...Went for my check up yesterday, baby was boring looking around and yawning..doctor say dark dark inside, sure boring..mouth munching, like waiting for food, so greedy..

I have gained abt 7-8kg since pregnant, doctor say it's good, and she expect me to gain another 6-7kg till deliver, and doctor say those gained weight will goes to baby n water bag, not much left to me but the tummy is the most difficult portion to slim back.

My placenta is still low but doctor say still early to make decision untill week 32. Going for my glucose test in 2 weeks time, so nervous...Gotto poke 3 times for the blood test, sian..

@PJ - Went for a hospital tour (TMC) b4 my appointment, been told that we need to bring our own pjs. Looks pretty than wearing hospital pjs for sure :)..For those mommies who decided to deliver in TMC, can prepare own PJs, front button is easier for breastfeeding :). They also informed me that need to make room booking 2 months prior to deliver date. Sounds urgent cos we left about 3 months only.

kimmy - How's the hospital tour? I want to join but always forget. Dont have to register right??

What do u think of their 1 bedded? I'm thinking if I shld get the 1 bedded or 2 bedded. Coz my boy will be around... scare to disturb the other mummy if i am getting the 2 bedded.

Yr gynae so cute to give such description to baby... :p

Dahpne - So what's the big plan for yr #1's 1st bday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, kimmyksc, so we have to bring our own PJ. Need to go n buy.

Poor Mummy, I already choose the 4-bedded. Usually they will upgrade to u to 2-bedded but charged u 4-bedded rates. I also wanna arrange for the tour. Maybe will do so next mth.

It's not a big plan lah. Just a pooh & frens theme party with hi-tea buffet held at the function room of my parent's condo. Did not invite a lot of frens as Feb'11 need to invite again. So mostly relatives & a few close frens.

Mitch,

I will be going to the Cordlife talk tomoro by myself. Hubby not interested in such things, and he has only accompanied me to ONE scan so far throughout my pregnancy. Havent bought a single baby stuff yet also. Simply bo-chup.

About weight gain,

I have gained 5+kg so far and my baby weighs 700+g at 24weeks last week. It is scary how after just 1 meal, I can put on 1kg just like that. I am still actively monitoring my weight, trying not to put on more than 1kg a month.

Daphne,

You had C-sec for your #1. How was the experience? Did you use full anaesthetia or local only? I am opting for C too, but alot of pp are dissuading me. Can share your views?

Grumpus,

Your replies & advice always seem quite factual & knowledgeable. Think you are an experienced mummy or you read up on alot! I am a first-timer and totally clueless. Lazy to read up also. I noticed you are the only person in the birth chart that is delivering in RH. Me also, it's quite an expensive place, aiyoh. No choice, my gynae is there & nowhere else.

All mummies,

My Cinch wrap is here. Hope you all have received yours too! Thanks Miaiko for organising & hope everything is ok for you.

Chercat,

oh u r with RH too?? yay!! hardly find other mummies delivering there, but means u get very exclusive service too. the last time i delivered there the nursery had less than 20 bbs lor

same here, my gynae was previously at Glen e then he moved to RH so i followed him there and now stuck there.

actually i didn't read up much also, i'm a stay at home mum and my #1 is super high maintenance so i learnt the hard way...hahaha

Hi chercat, I had C-sec for my #1 as my baby was breach. At tat time, I totally had no choice at all. As I chose the time for the C-sec outside office hr, therefore it's considered emergency and hubby not allowed to go into the OT with me. Usually, they won't advise u to go for full anaesthetia. Think they inject epidural on me to numb my half body only. So, can hear the whole procedure. But I wanted to hear my baby first cry and see him so I dun mind going for it.

It's really up to individual. If you think u cannot endure the pain of giving birth, then go for C-sec. For my present one, my hubby is asking me to choose C-sec also. To save time and energy. Plus I recovered very fast tat time.

Hey mummies,

jus got back from my gynae. like i expect.. another 3 kg in a month!..that makes a near 6kg in 25 weeks and 5 days.

doc did a 3D scan for free.. can see my little tiger got very fat and round cheeks already! OMG! also a live telecast of little tiger punching and kicking me as well. she keep reassuring me cuz i'm tall, baby will be bigger. but remind me dun abuse my genes. if not when later push until face green green.

decide to sign up for tmr cordlife but haven't decide if i'll turn up. will see how things go tmr. gynae told me she feels cordlife and stemcord not much difference.. juz pick the one that give you a better deal..

For all mummies information, Stemcord charged $988 first time payment and subsequent year at $250 at the last stemcord talk at Glen-e. they are having one more talk at Mount E in Nov i remember.

Hi girls, I did my OGTT test today, and it seems that I have gestational diabetes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Doc said not to worry so much though, asked me to test my blood at home and then next week I have an appt with the endocrinologist to talk about dietary changes.

Anyone here had GD during pregnancy before? Any tips/advice? Is it something I should be very worried about?

poor mummy - the hospital tour was a *good to know* kind of tour, they will show u the birth room and ward, they show me the newly renovated 1 bedded room, premium suite, more on resort design, so that you won't feel that you are in a hospital...you need to register at the customer service counter, just tell them tat you would like to have the hospital tour. My hubby ask me to get the 1 bedded room, suite is more expensive than the *old style* 1 bedded. I will compare the price first then make decision. even the one bedded, they have plenty of choices, delexe..etc..all diff price.

Hi Daphne, Yup...need to buy nice, pretty and comfy pyjamas...hehe..but as for the free upgrade, i think not anymore leh...the nurse did mentioned about if the room type that we opt for is not available, they will either upgrade or downgrade us and will charge accordingly, cos I still make fun saying tat I can opt for 2 bedded then pray for free upgrade, then the *tour guide* say no, they will charge. I dun know if I hear wrongly.

Hi Spunik, the newly renovated is at 6th floor in TMC. quite spacious and comfy and nice :)

re: c-sec: agreed with daphne, save time and energy. If I need to go for c-sec, i will choose to numb half body, same as daphne, i wan to hear my baby crying the moment she come out..been carrying them for so many months, sure cant wait to see her...

working wife,

i talked to my gynae about GD today as i confessed about my sweet craving. you need to monitor your diet and control the blood sugar level. also, there is a tendency for the baby to be bigger as the glucose that is not break down could be absorb by the little one.

you may wan to monitor your diet even after you give birth as GD suggest that the body is not able to handle stress (pregnancy and ageing). so those w GD are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes when ageing. jus to sum up what my gynae says as my grandma had type 2 diabetes, so there's a likelihood for me to have type 2 diabetes as it is in my genes.

Dear all,

Sorry to disturb, Cottony Photography is having promotion for Maternity Portraits for MTB who are interested yet do not require full session:

TRY-OUT MATERNITY SESSION | S$68 only!

Session details:

- 20-30mins Maternity session (Studio)

- Hubby welcome

- All images taken will be available for download in low res

- 10 x selected images with touch-up (high res)

Interested MTB, feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more info.

Thanks!

http://www.wix.com/cottony/photography

Kimmy, chercat I will be gg with hubby. I wana know wat's the package is like for cordlife cos currently I am considering stem cord. Hope to cya there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

working wife,

Yes, I had GD for my first pregnancy. No need to worry so much. For GD, the gynae will deliver your bb when u are at most 38 weeks to prevent bb from getting too big.

As for diet, u need to control it a lot.

For breakfast - can take those multigrain bread with tuna, lettuce, tomato.

For lunch - soupy stuff, and little bit of noodles/rice (ard half a bowl)

Dinner, same as lunch.

Take more small light meals.... avoid carbos, then shld be fine.

I'm gg for my OGTT test when I'm in week 28. So will be the next next checkup...

I will be attending the cordlife talk with hubby tomorrow. going for my monthly check up with my gynae tomorrow morning then straight to raffles convention center.

About maternity pads, i didnt use the Kotex one cos i find it pretty uncomfortable and moving out of place. i used my normal sofy night safe pads cottony soft, more comfortable.

First time mummies might wanna buy disposable panties and wear them during confinement and stay in hospital, i find that its easier and more convenient.

about weight gain, i am so afraid to step on the weighing scale tmr - as i have gained 4kg just last month. currently at 24 weeks - gained abt 5kg.

good morning momies..hope u had a gd sleep last nite...im still considering if i should go for the cordlife talk today, it's raining now in west area...

good morning... what a beautiful Sat.. till the rain starts. Shall rest at home till it stops [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take back my words..

really getting dark here.

looks like we are staying home and not going for cordlife if rain is heavy..haha

Good morning mummies! Hope everyone is feeling great today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm going to see my gyne later, hope i have not gained soo much weight ...

Hi everyone... who want S size mummypoko?

I overstock 2 packets 72pcs, any takers?collect @ admiralty link ok...tat time NTUC offer 20.65, think now offer ended le, I can sell $20 each packet, buy 2 a bit more offer, sms me at 93621700 for fast deal please...

Im feeling so gulity to stock so much.. sob!

Hi Mummies,

can someone tell me what's the date of the bb fair in Spore Expo? I know in Oct but can't rem the date. Tried to read thru the previous threads, but can't find [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hee... I tink preg yoga do really helps!! I'm feeling better now, lesser backaches and cramps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Also, today teacher taught me a position where my hubby can help to massage my back.

gee... time really flies! now already most of us are in our 6+mths :p haha... scary but exciting esp to the 1st-timer group :D

Anyone know where to buy BB sleep suits online?

so far only seen in mothercare... :/ so am hoping to find a comparison in the price :p Cos decided not to work already :p "An Tai" at home, so means 1 income less :/

Dear mummies,

i'm back from cordlife. went to check the price.

1250 for first payment and that's the normal price for stemcord.

decided to go for Stemcord. didn't stay for the talk though. just asked about the their package and check the baby bazaar. didn't find much at the baby bazaar also. will look forward to the baby expo in october.

Back