(2010) 2009 TTCers Moving on to 2010... Come on in!

i agree with sunshine. once the baby is too big you might have to do emergency c section. & not only the weight goes to the baby - but to u as well & it will be harder to lose more weight put on.

last 2 months the weight of the child will usually nearly adds 500gm every 2 weeks - so you dont think now beginning 8th mth not yet 2 kg - pin ming eat ar, cos it will become say 2.5kg by middle or 3rd week of 8th mth, then by 9th mth it will be another 500gm - 1 kg possibility!

my case was like elica mum's case i put on 20 kg. BUt i lost it all in 5 mths - thanks to breast feeding as well - so Jan - there was more than health of myself i benefitted from - i mean losing weight was also a health benefit so I threw out the TCM's quote of saying my body's weak should stop bfing.

i was 81 & ended up 101kg. I looked so gross - now look back i feel like i look like a monster! My child was 3.97kg, after delivery i think immediately lost 7-8kg. took 5 mths to lose 12kg.

i tell myself - dont do this again next time limit 12-15 kg max & try to start slimmer - i am around 75 now la.

I am not shy to share la -fat is fat lor -start heavy - ended up bras i had to use upto 5 extensions! - so lechey is one thing but its damaging to your self esteem lor. Got $ buy SG also dont sell my size lor.

I am grateful my hb didnt say anything. He still loved me the same i asked him after delivery even after i went back to pre preg wt - did i look horrible - he said no la not much diff. mayeb that's why i didnt really feel so much of a monster then - i busy & had happy tots anyway about having my new baby.

Oh Ester, how tall are u?

I oso scared to become pui pui, coz later cannot slim down I would flip...muahahaha....

its why i am a bf advocate - womb shrink back faster, you can still eat ice cream ahha! slim down -can wear your pre preg clothes faster (saves $)

actually pple say bf saves $ on milk powder - i beg to differ. successful bfing with ease requires a good breast pump (if u want bfing tips can pm me la i can mentor u) its not cheap it will set u back $400-700 & the chore of pumping? washing & transfering expressed milk to containers freezing dating your stock, etc, learning how long u can keep, thaw - within 1 hr after u warm cannot use back again - alot of things to learn.

But baby less sickly, u less worry & baby grows up healthy (mastercard theme - PRICELESS!) that's i think is the most important thing.

ok having said that there willl be a small % who cannot bf for various reasons - u tried still cannot dont be so hard on yourself - just move forward, its ok.

ok ladies i have a piece of good news and bad news to share!!!!

Good News!

I will be attached to a pri sch in China for one month in June!!! Yipee!!!

Bad News!

Must delay TTC till June if i dun get preggie this month..hehe

Oh Pinkie like tt huh...hmmmm....

Why r u so happy to go China? Wic part of China?

Tt u 1 mth dun log in often, we would be so lonely w/o u ard.....Hahaha....

vic ma,

finally i got someone who share my sentiments![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i also very pro bf de..actually i wanted to give up on bf during confinement ....too tiring plus milk like always not enf for ah boy...but me very stubborn,..kept latch on stimulate milk..bf til he 14mth....but i also lucky i am sahm lah...if i am working..think i cant do it so long since environment not friendly to pump...if at toilet to pump..i find it ....argh...

BF also help me slim down alot...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

candice

u see them in pain u also dunno what to do hor? how old is your boy?

purplelace

I was so fat right & had latch problems. finally bot the breast feeding pillow - the most ex one cos the rest - cannot go around my waist! after 1-2 weeks of the pillow - i zai liao. kept it for my SIL who just gave birth in Dec 08. Its aching lor sitting to let the little bugger latch & they really take their own sweet time. SO i gave up - i pump - let my GIAN mum & MIL feed - i rest more instead.

i stopped pumping jun 08 when baby was 12 mths old - i just latched at nite & moring before i go to work. so wt loss stagnated lor since. BUt its time to stop we taking some drastic actions soon.

Sunshine,

U are really tall and slim wor! 10kg is still Ok...easier for u to slim back. If bb is already 2kg+, think its Ok lah...

Girl Mummy,

Hope i will see more red later! Hehehe...then can update the chart liao!

Jandew,

No more already ah? My colleague was asking about it so I tot can help help ask.

Anyone got OPK to spare???

Pinkie,

So will u still come in n disturb us anot?

jandew

happy cos its a good opportunity for me to learn from the teachers there and i was choosen among all de teachers and im so honoured. I have been to china for 1 month b4 during NIE days but to beijing...now is to wuxi which is near shanghai

Wow lao! Stupid auntie visit me already.....i been working so hard and still failed this cycle!

Pinkie, congrats! Its a great opp!

Pugrat, *hugs* understand how you feel. Take this opportunity to do checks. The sooner you do it, the higher the chances of striking sooner! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yah im happy!!! cos i was sent to Japan in 2007 Dec for a symposium also for 8 days and now can go CHINA!!! my favourite country!!! muahahahaha!!!

actually from young i tot i will nvr get to sit plane cos i wun have de money but who noes after i start teaching all the opportunities i get are from my job!!! hehehehe

candice - my friend gave the kids ice cream to sooth the ulcers - cos pain cannot swallow - its abit unorthordox but do everything & anything to help them eat. cold jelly, cold milk, cold things. As long as it sooths the pain & he eats - its good.

if you or dh has asthma case hor - i am not sure if this can be done -maybe u can try not so cold things. else will become cough.

govt should give us TTCing parents hor 2-3 days off each yr or so to TTC. sometimes very tiring le BD haha! & dunno what time one right u O so should grant grace to us urgent leave -reason - i need to BD my wife hor today O le!haha!

my kid 20 mths she didnt have throat ulcer before - i asked my friends of 2-3 kids each told them your boy's age too -this is what one of them suggested. but not kidding my other friend's pd told her - that time her son maybe 10-12 mths old - said dont fight to give meds - jsut hide in food ice cream also can or jelly the PD herself suggested.

Maybe not 1 big cup of what la - just 1/4 cup there about roughly. try everything bread, porridge if he wants let him take.

Ucler? My GP told me can suck on ice cube to numb the pain esp in the morning when the throat is very dry. Maybe can give a small one to your kid.

candice

i think half of usual milke is normal as long as he takes something lor. of course meds must continue.

its just these cold things - to help pain relief lor. Just to help he cry less & feel better.

If u buy yogurt there is one small 6 pack one - miamme petite something Yopliat brand ar -that one supposed to be for kids this small la.

LUNAR AGE

how to tell ar? I want to see if my girl conceived accurate or not this excel file.

feeling depressing these few days... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

it says if this yr my CD 13 is 1st mth lunar calendar, day 28th.

I been BDing BD 14 & 16 didnt strike -was thinking maybe i O day 13. hiaz how? i tot take this mth to test O date. now i am confused hah!

Back