(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

yvaine

whr did u stay? i do it @ Simei...recently juz another shop doing tis @ Downtown East. i tink mine aso $5 for 120 pcs.

muddypaws

oh no...no wonder so watery...abit confuse by e instructions...lucky my gal stl finish all...2nite will try again...

melissa: You can try propping kayleia in the bumbo and feed her with a spoon. I gave up feeding liz in the bumbo cos she's over-zealous and keeps bending forward for the food... haha. Now, I normally seat her on my lap and feed her.

Chercat,

Yap my gyane say must wait coz I did ligation plus this time my cut is longer and deeper coz my previous doc did a bad job..

Haha!! Ya I was wondering why she even mentioning about tight v.. Haha .. More for shrinking of womb

Melissa..

We miss u!!'

wow lots of heartfelt posts today about FM vs BM and ex FM vs cheap FM!

like wat other mummies here have already said, we are all trying our best to be the best mummies we can be to our precious, so to each his own ok? no one is better than the other, we're all wonderful mummies in our own way, dun feel stress by what others are doing.

Book depository orders,

i got my books today! so happy, really tot they were lost in the mail haha.. unfortunately my no 1 not as excited over the books as mummy here..

Muddypaws,

hope your first day at work went well, it must be so exciting starting in a new place! hope liz feels better, she must be missing you thats why manja with your helper..

i always think babies very smart, they like to be especially sticky when they know they only have 1 person taking care of them!

Pauline,

while i don't know much about your situation, i feel it is best for you and your hub to sit down and work out the logistics. Esp if he is not happy w you being away for a whole week and only seeing each other on weekends.. Have you asked him about moving to stay w your dad too? He doesnt want cos of what? Privacy issues or too far from his workplace?

I'm sure he'll miss his son and wife too right, and if your dad is happy to help take care of his son, then i guess its only right for him to make some sacrifices..

Like for me, when i go back to work in June, i foresee myself spending lots of time driving to and fro every morning and night.. cos my hub is overseas pretty often, and when that happens, i will have to first fetch no 1 to her CC near my place (katong), and then no 2 and helper to my mum's place (bishan) before going to work (orchard).. With all the jams, i probably will be on the road at least 1 to 1.5 hrs one way, scary thinking about it..

But no choice, its something I have to do for the sake my kids, of cos the best case scenario is if my mum can come over then i dun need to do the drop off, but like you, my mum is old and i dun expect her to make the trip down everyday, v shiong on her..

Thanks, Stefie! Missing my boy so will go pick him up earlier later. Wonder if he misses me? :p Haa

Went for massage earlier, shopping & ate old chang kee. Nice! Enjoying the peace & quiet without my boy while pumping now *guilty*

Mangogal, cheer up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have learn loads from all of you inthe forum and really appreciate all the sharing, enthusiasm & excitement!

Looks like there's a storm coming, mummies who r out Rmb to bring umbrella 

Re: feeding cereal

hi mummies who started their babies on cereal already.. When you all feed your babies? E.g is it before the last feed you all feed one time to baby, then after an hour or so feed baby last feed? Does it make baby more full so can sleep better at night? Recently my boy don't need wake up for feed in the middle of the night but will wake up for pacifier!! Naughty boy!! But at least is not asking for milk la.. if not even more tiring..

debbie: I feed liz twice a day... Lunch and dinner. As for sleeping better at night, it depends very much on liz' mood and her activities before she sleeps.

Oshgosh- would staying over at your mom's be an option? My mom helps look after my bb too and I stay with her on weekdays as it cuts down on traveling time in the mornings and evenings. Of course I prefer very much to stay at my own place but no choice cos I prefer my mom to look after her than domestic helper.

Yvaine: Hahah.. 'aunty juliana' went to Sun plaza again today to buy Toto, $3m next Monday. Buying hope! So I went to get their website.

http://www.stickerstamp.com.sg/

Can order online apparently. Not sure if it's good quality. Later I try to stick one of the disney princess on my boy's bottle, see how long it can last. They told me it is waterproof.

Cindy: Ya lor! How I wish my boy got his daddy's sleeping skills. Anywhere, anyhow and anytime can sleep within seconds! I'm not kidding, he just need to lie down, maybe 15secs later, can either hear him snoring or loud breathing! Me oredi tired taking care of the boy whole day, then hb still throw bb to me to make him sleep at night, then sleep first b4 bb sleep, sure kena whack from me lah! hahaah.

Hi mummies.. have been some time.. I am in the Shanghai airport again, trying to catch some posts..

Re: pregnancy

I really envy you mummies, had good time during pregnancy.. I was so sick the first 3 months that I could imagine how the food will look like before I ate them.. :-( So now, everyone asking when I want to have No.2, I shiver.. :-( :-(

Stefie: Indeed you were the pillar for our thread, every morning, I looked forward to your "good morning daddies and mummies, remember to take your pills and drink lots of water".. when you didn't post, I was not comfortable.. :-D

Muddypaws: good luck in your new job!

Bubbly, don't worry, 敢敢 (bravely) try for 2nd one!! I had terrible 'all day sickness' till 6/7th month of Pregnancy but think will still go for 2nd one cos 1 too lonely :p

A lot of aunties also say 2nd pregnancy will be easier so hopefully we will be heng and breeze through our 2nd pregnancy!

Went to fetch ny boy just now & he didn't sleep much at nanny's place. Must be adjusting to the new surroundings. He's so tired he fell asleep on way back and still sleeping soundly now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey mummies, seems like the dec mums forum

move very fast! Very hard to keep track!

Btw, read some old threads about mums buying the clarins

High def cream. Just to update that clarins at isetan NEX is having promo: buy 2 for $130 and get a 100 ml free. Promo

is until 20 apr if I remember correctly. I have not tried, so still contemplating if should get.

Also, new BP on bumper mat starting today.

bubbly: back for the weekend to spend time with isaac? Have fun!

Mommies, first day at work is not too bad. The office has arranged for the GMs n MDs in all locations to fly in next week for a meeting, n is asking me to chair the meeting!!!!!!!!! They have even blocked off some dates for my biz trip... Sigh....

According to my helper n dad, liz has been very down today. Keeps looking around as tho looking for something, and started looking at the gate at about 4-5pm as tho waiting for someone to come home. They concluded that she misses me... Hearing that makes me cry. When I got home, she smiled, and she chuckled when I latched her on. Gosh, she's so good at holding on to my heartstrings!

stickers:

Juliana thanks! i might try that out... heheh saw your 122 vs 123. can lah, trial on small items that you will only use for the next few months, baby won't know yet. but you can take a photo, or leave some as momentos, and tell him these silly but cute stories when he's older [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

stefie - zebra marker pen, that's the most practical way! only thing is, my almost 3yrs old gal is very 'girl', likes her things 'pretty', so cartoon stickers will work better for her, hehehe...

bubbly - work trip??

muddy - sweet to hear you share such a close bond! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]))

mommies, just in case some of you who might be interested didn't see my post on the sacred tea.. i posted this yest:

Sacred tea

Mommies, I just received the packet of sacred tea from kiltz. But i realised my oversight. There's fenugreek as one of the ingredients. All this while i've avoided taking fenugreek pills to try to increase my milk supply cause i have asthma, and fenugreek is known to have possible effects of triggering attacks in asthmatics. So I think I'll sell it off. Totally brand new and unopened, just received today. I think kiltz got it at a cheaper rate cause of our bulk purchase, IIRC it's $32.60 per packet (mommies who bought it pls correct me if i'm wrong). If anyone is interested pls PM me k..

Bumbo seat

I've a lime green bumbo that my friend passed to me but i bought mine at the clearance muddy told us about at kidzloft. this green bumbo has 2 crack lines at the front, but still usable. anyone in this thread who don't mind and is interested, i can pass to you (free), collection at punggol or sengkang. PM me and let me know you're from Dec MTB thread k? I'll give priority to this thread, if no takers then i'll post on the WTG section.

Just read through earlier posts...

Eoneon, Ya i guess will try other insurers. BUt usu they will also ask if any other insurers have declined to underwrite the insured. So I am not very hopeful bah.

Samantha, I think parents are like that loh...when cannot flip will hope can faster flip... when can flip le then will wish she flip less. haha...

Muddypaws, so envious of ur bonding with your daughter! mine just stares at my boobs area. THink to her I'm just another brand of milk bottle (other than the Avent she uses in the day time).

Thanks Roz. Will go and check with my AIA ins agent.

Btw any mummies here using cloth diaper like , bum wear? Any feedback? My gal bum quite prone to rash and probably also she dun cry when she poo and if never change her diaper aft tat...till I chk...

Cindy / Eoneon > My husband opposite.. When I try to nurse bb to sleep at night and bb fusses, he will snatch bb away from me.. I used to let him do it, coz I convinced he's better at soothing baby than me.. But got once bb scream and cry when I tried to latch him, hb snatched the bb away.. I told him bb got wind then scream, he dun believe, say it's becoz I always nvr feed him properly so he scream, and said I'm lousy mother! Wah, I was so angry.. Eventually bb let out one big burp, then I nursed him and sang his favorite twinkle twinkle little star, less than 5 min he sleep le.. Proved to hb I'm not lousy mother.. From then on, he never dare to snatch bb from me..

Tigger / stefie > What's the app you all talking about?

Mangogal> I tried to search your email add on Facebook but no results ley..?

Juliana/ Eoneon> You all stay Sembawang? Thought I was the only North-lander here.. Seems many mummies stay in the East / Central..

Muddy> Liz is so sweet!!! How I wish I have a daughter… hahaa… Too bad, got a crazy son… But it's okay, I love him anw.. And still got chance, hope can have a girl #2…

TenQ> At least yours is daughter.. Can you imagine my son staring at my boobs and trying to suckle in public? That's why I always make my husband carry bb… And if I'm alone, I make sure he's well-fed all the time so that he doesn't reach that stage of hunger.. haha...

Yvaine> lol yah oliver's labels a bit pricey but i was comparing to stuckonyou, and it's half the price with better graphics. I got the preschool package..think shipping was only $5? Now US$ low, so can take advantage :p

I stuck the labels on her milk bottles, sippy cups and water bottles and it's been 4 months of washing and scrubbing but the labels are still there, looking as good as new. The iron on clothings labels also still holding up well despite repeated washings.

My boy oi oi me up abt 30 mins ago, now I'm wide awake. For a moment there i tot my girl suddenly disappeared from our bed but turns out she just flipped over to the end of the bed, now sleeping with her head at our feet.

Ha ha Roz, that happens to me sometimes too, got a shock when baby "disappear" in cot, but actually she "hide" in the other corner [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jialing: that's what many people say, that 1 is just too lonely, but i'm afraid. Hehehe.. I tend to think too much :p

Muddypaws: yes, just in time for the weekend :-D your new job sound interesting. Have you taught helper how to video con with you? Liz is so sweet, what a darling..

Yvaine: ya, work trip.. Traveling resumed.. :p

TenQ: did you manage to buy the calendula cream? How's bb K's skin now?

Hi muddypaws.

Thanks for the info on cough syrup. How's liz's cough? She recovered? Brought my gal to the PD yesterday. She was coughing very badly, 7-8 times evert hour. PD gave her mucosolvan instead. Wondering why as she has no phlegm. Thinking whether I should get prospan from the pharmacy. How much dosage of prospan did you give?

Little may,

How heavy is ur kid?.. I had done a chart on the medication for my 3 kids base on weight.. According to the doc prescription

Mummies living in the west if u need a pd on weekends can go to Fu xing paediatric and child clinic at bukit merah. It's just outside bukit merah library that stretch of shops. I just brought Ethan there cos he sprouted a number of lil red dots on his face overnight and seems to be spreading. Turn out to be due to excessive salivating. Anyways there are 2 PDs there and it's a big clinic and it's not crowded. Best part. Hahah. We waited onli 5 mins to see the pd. We saw the lady pd dr tan chor meng, slightly elderly but she's vey gentle and detailed. They are open on weekends from 930-1230am. There's no surcharge even for Sunday.

Uggghh had a big scare just now!!

Gave my girl some grapes for a snack, she went to the living room to eat it while I did some washing up in the kitchen.

Happened to walk past my girl when I saw her stick a finger into my boy's mouth, she's a bit sick now so I was going to chide her for doing that but when I saw the grapes she was eating I thought oh-oh and turns out my girl had stuffed a grape into her brother's mouth!!!!!!!!!! I tell you, my heart just stopped! Managed to get the grape out whole, my boy is ok, in fact I think he doesn't even know what's going on and I can't blame my girl coz she's still too young to understand.

v scary...what if I hadn't seen her do it..my boy could hv choked and who knows what could have happened then? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Roz, wow that was indeed a scary incident. Luckily nothing bad happened.

Your girl very sayang your boy hor? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My baby learnt to flip this week, at the same time her hands getting more and more itchy.

She kept pulling out the pacifier by herself and make noise even though already very sleepy, then I have to put it back again.

This cycle kept on repeating until she fell asleep.

Roz,

Oh dear.. I can imagine how frighten it is for u..

My no2 will also do that.. Luckly u manage to take out the grape..

Little may,

Give 1ml

Roz, that really is scary. Fortunately you noticed it.

By the way, what diaper rash cream are your babies using?

My girl has a sudden flare up and I can't seem to get rid of it. Her poor bum bum is red and rough. She just recovered couple of days ago and she got attacked again. Really very helpless with it. All along I change her diaper often, wash with water, let her go diaperless also. But still like that. Used desitin and sebamed. But don't seem to clear. Really stress Liao.

Hi Samantha,

Do you have Neoderm? use that twice a day only for a few days before barrier cream, until the diaper rash go away.

I understand that use cotton ball with water to wipe the bottom may be better than wet wipe, can do that at home. Desitin need to be quite a thick layer.

Yah man I tell you I still get queasy thinking what just happened. Maybe it's for the best that my mum is not taking care of both my kids, after all.

re: diaper rash cream

I use Vaseline at every diaper change. It's cheap, it's good, it's paraben and phalate free. I did not like Desitin mainly coz it's so thick and smells very strong, and Drapolene doesn't seem to be very effective.

Sometimes there's a little redness when I don't realise he pooped, then I use this A&D ointment which I bought from the US. It's like Vaseline, but it also has lanolin and cod liver oil (smells like desitin, but not as strongly). By next change, no more redness liao.

If you have nipple cream left over, you can also smear some on coz of the healing effect of lanolin.

Other creams some mums swear by is sudocrem from Mothercare.

2mimi, neoderm is for healing the rashes? Where to get?

Yugal, I also thinking of getting her cloth nappies till she recovers but she poos so often. It will be so messy. Scared smear all over her also.

Roz, I also thinking of getting the a&d from states. Hubby going next week. I actually also don't like desitin cos so hard to wash off. By the way, do you know if our diet will cause baby to have rash?

One more question, how to tell if the rash is due to allergic to diaper??? Possible???

Samantha,

For severe diaper rash my pd said to use the purple desitin n slap on thickly on top of all the other things like washing with water instead of wet wipes, cloth diapers etc...

Sam> I don't buy the whole mum's diet can affect baby thing..hah. But it is possible if your child has allergies or sensitivities, I suppose.

Rash due to diaper, I suppose you find the bum is always red even though you change frequently? And I would expect the rash to be very widespread, when the skin was in contact with the diaper.

Since going to US, just buy a 1 pound tub, think can last all the way till toilet train bah..hahaha. They also hv this one that comes in a pump bottle that you can pack in a diaper bag, sounds handy.

Grumpus, ok, might try that one since easier to get it. I was using the blue one.

Roz, I found my medela purelan cream. Er..... How to use??? Put on the rash follow by barrier cream or just that will do?

Samantha - oh dear. have you tried moisturizing the skin? can try QV cream?

Roz - close shave! even if you knew CPR, baby CPR is quite a different ball game and one would probably be too panicky to be able to administer CPR effectively. thankfully you discovered it early. how old is your elder one?

Re: Bumbo and Sacred Tea

Thanks mommies for all the interest, both items reserved at the moment liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yvaine> you're right! i've read on what to do if a baby is choking but doubt i would hv been able to do anything.

my girl turns 4 this august.

Roz,

I learn CPR also coz Of my kids allergies[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I uses the same diaper cream.. Mine is the brown color

One..

Yvaine, roz, I just tried the purelan. Hope can moisturize it. Feels so rough and dry. Really upset. Also don't know what I did to cause her this rash.

I just change her diapers from huggies to goon cos thought huggies too tight and gave her rash. After that it recovered. Then now get it again. So really don't know what's wrong or if it's diaper. She used goon when newborn. No problems leh. Sigh.......

CPR I also learn before but I think I'll panic and mind blank out.

Sam, don't despair dear, diaper rash is a common ailment. Some time and tender luving will set things right again, I'm sure [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back