(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Nelotte very long already and it's still on. Saw it yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

hpc, my boy don't like the swing, n rockers - so unlike him. I think he's in his 'own world' towards the end of the clas. I went to the Kindermusic class before, and they didn't hardsell too. They allow us to go back for another trial at the same price before deciding if we want to sign. They allow only 1 parent in at a time, and I find it too tiring to carry my boy up and down.

Chris, didn't know u were not there... I was actually counting, so I guess there is someone there not from our group? Anyway, I think the free trial is till year end.

Baby2010, there was a period of time my son like to knock his head too! n I wonder y... I just tell him it's nt rite, and show him how to touch gently. Doesn't always work, but he's not doing it now

Huggies

Any mummies went to redeem for Huggies station 4 scooter? Does your baby like it? I can't decide whether to change for scooter or the activity table.

I just went to redeem for the little tikes bbq set last sat. Have not open yet... but came across a thread that many mamas complaining that the quality is very bad. So pls go and check your bbq set throughly if you haven't...

piggydog > Huh? Really? Thot of opening the bbq set whn bb is older. In tat case I better open n check 1st. Bt if anything wrong, cn change meh? I redeemed the activity table. Bb seems to lik it bt heard the scooter is more popular. Btw, the scooter is OFS for nw. Do call b4 going dwn.

Shoppie > Ya lor, I sprained my arm cos I was holding my own wt whn I fell dwn while mopping the flr on Sat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Bt nw ok liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Luckily nvr break any old bones. Haha. Was looking at sm of the pics tat Jun posted up in facebk. Seems fun.

Chris, I also thought of opening the set much later... but after seeing the thread, I will chk tonight. But then, don't think can be changed unless you are prepared to go and argue fiercely perhaps.

Here is the thread

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/5707174.html?1313289774

Yes, the scooter was out OFS when I called last wk... but from the thread, some mummies also said the scooter quality is not too good. So I might want to exchange for the activity table instead.

Agree that the JWT trial was quite fun for the babies afterall.. The location is quite out of place for us also.. so not likely to sign up..

piggydog and i were the last to leave I guess.. we were cam-whoring the babies.. We should have take a bb group photos. Let's see if there is any other chance

Chris, glad u r ok now.

Huggies bbqset, I see a lot in WTS section

junvis, I totally forgot about the group photo! I'm prob the first to leave, cos my boy is hungry n cranky already :p

any mommies still want to order BB cubes?

Am planning to order for myself.

Can bulk order if hit enough orders. Need 12 sets to proceed.

Let me know, ya?

Chris,

Free JWT trial is till end of the year? for UOB card too?

I interested to bring my gal there, but not on 3rd sept mayb other sat ba....

Diana > I m nt too sure, bt whn I called thm up jus nw, a guy tld mi got free trial for uob n ANZ. Ask him whn does the promo ends, he sy probbaly mid sep. Hmm..he sounds abit uncertain though. Hmm...the bbq set sounds scary for bb to use. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chris, I've checked my bbq set. Didn't assemble, but the packaging and surface looks acceptable. Only the box looks very old. How abt urs?

Baby2010, my bb had rashes when i let him play with rockmelon, he did chew on it and ate a little bit and rashes came soon after so I stopped.

piggy >box does lk abit old n dirty. Bt i stil hv nt open. Was contemplating whether to sell it, giv to my fren who has older kids or to kp it for our boy. R ther any sharp edges in ur set?

finally, my mum fd my bb his 1st porridge. Bt sadly, he doesnt lik it at all. His cousin who is 1 mth older than him, eats the porridge fr the same pot n loves it. Asked for more too. Haiz, my boy is really too fussy w fd liao. Dont knw wat to do w him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chris, keep trying abt the porridge. My gal took a while before she is willing to finish a bowl..

For the bbq set, it has a bit of sharp edge at the side where the plastic join together.. but I will keep until my gal is abt 2 yrs old, so I think it is ok personally..As an added safety precaution, maybe can put scotchtape to cover the sharp edge

Jo, I didn't know rockmelon is under high allegy group. I fed a few times, luckily my gal is ok!Will tell my mum not to buy anymore. When can we start feeding?

Thks shoppie n piggy. Ya, will kp tryinh. Tld my mum to giv him abit of porridege everyday. If he wans to eat thn giv him more, else don't force him. Will still feed him milk after the porridge. Otherwise nt filling enough.

Piggy > Scotch tape is a gd idea. Hmm.. I m still considering though. Btw, although rock melon is high allergy fd as sm mummies mentioned, bt if u hv alrady given it to ur gal, n she has no problm w it, thn shldn't it b ok to continue giving?

Chris, maybe can oso try to make the porriage either thicker or thinny.. cos guess some babies like it more watery, while others like it thick... trial & error la...

mummies whose baby are teething. Can i check with you... Does your baby wake up quite often in the nite?

Alycia used to sleep thru even though my last feed at 8plus 9pm. then she'll probably fuss for milk ard 4-5am.

But since last thurs - she has been fussing for milk at 1plus and 4plus.. i will feed milk and her teething is indeed sprouting out. But my concern is will she make it a habit after the teeth is fully out?

Now i only see 1 teeth out half way. and another one cutting soon..

How long does it take for the teeth to fully grow?

I dunno how long i can tahan.. now down with flu and cough liao.. still have to wake up to feed milk.. Dun get to rest much.. I hope it's just a phrase that i'll have to endure..

shoppi > ya, tld my mum to mak it more watery n smoother for my boy today. Bt She insist tat he prefer it pasty n gluey lik his cereal. (the cereal wil nt flow fr the spoon if it is tilted slightly) Haiz, I can only try my own style over the wkend.

Hammie > u cn b rt. Cos Mathias also taks awhile b4 he takes his cereal n apple. I will continue to try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Mus persever.

bam > I ever experience tat fr my boy, cry in the middle of his slp. Bt it was only for awhile. I wasn't even sure if it was bcos of teething. Its nt easy, bt pls take care of urself too.

Sharon > My mum sy it is better for bb to grow teeth whn thy r 9th mth old. So it shld b possible tat ur bb doesn't hv teeth growing yt? Mayb wait for a while more? My bb also jus has his 1st tiny teeth coming out. My parents can't even c it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Bt hubby n I saw it liao. Haha, mayb cos we r jus so excited abt it.

Baby2010: I think 12 months is ok. If you are comfortable to try out early, I think it's fine also, just try in small amounts.

Piggydog: I think if your girl has no reaction means she is ok with rock melon. If you are not comfortable with feeding, then maybe feed less? Don't think you need to stop feeding totally?

Sharon, patience.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam, I've read that 9 month is another grow spurt, prob due to that?

Chris, 1 attempt cannot conclude that bb M doesnt like solid food. They need time to adjust and adapt. Gambatte

junvis: but each time her day milk intake, she don't finish the whole 170ml of milk leh.. usually left 40 ml or 20ml. If left 40ml, i'll put aside and feed the rest in half to 1 hour.

If grow spurt then, she would have finish the milk in the day?

er Mommies ar..

is it possible not to have growth sprout at all har?

My girl since 2mths+ till now, turning 9mths in a few days, everyday also eat so little. Also no fuss for extra milk/feeds lei...

I read sme of ur comments abt fussing for mre milk and mine doesn't at all!

Should I be worried that she's not growing?

sheepy > hw much ur bb drinkin n eat each day? Did pd sy anything whn u bring bb for assessment? If bb nt puttin enough wt, usually thy wil highlight to u rt? My boy also nvr really ask for more milk, bt i increase a little by a little! As long as he doesnt vomit or spit out, i wil maintain the same amt for awhile. Til i feel its time to increase his intake again.

Bam, yah, Zi en also keep waking up in the middle of the night, 1 am, 3 am, 4 am when she started teething. I'll also feed her when I cannot calm her down.

Sometimes she needs to be fed, other times are ok. She's only got 2 teeth so far, think a long long road is ahead!

sheepysheeps, my baby also no change ard the 9 month mark. She's already 9.5 months now. Will see wat the pd say when I bring her in early Sept. No need to worry abt the growing... some babies really dun put on weight as fast as others. If the pd say ok, then it shd be ok.

Chris & Whim,

BB drinking 150ml in the morning, first feed

Then 11.30am is 2 scoops of Yu Ren Sen brown rice + 6 scoops of milk powder

3pm, cereal feed

7pm, 2 scoops of porridge (just started for a few days, using milk powder scoop to measure out rice but so far only finished once, cant finish all most times)

9pm, 120ml milk

I havent bring her for assessment at PD. So I dont kwn lei.

Is what she taking enough at her age?

She also cant finish if give her mre.

Sheepysheep,

Do you often take your baby's weight and plot them on to the health booklet charts ? That can give a good guide of your baby's growth. It should more or less remain within the same percentile. It would only be a concern if there is a sudden drop to a lower percentile.

I see that you give 3 solid food meal without milk in-between. Can try add a milk feed at about 1 to 1.30pm and another at 5pm.

My no.1 last time also don't ask for more milk, so I take the cue from how he drink his milk, if he finish quite fast and still suckle after the bottle is empty, I'll make more the next time. I rather waste a bit cos if I don't make more, he won't want to go for 2nd round especially at night when sleepy Liao.

Sheepysheeps: Yah.. your baby seems to be taking less milk.

Currently my baby is taking 2 feeds of porridge and 4 feeds of milk.

her schedule as follows:

5-7am milk. (9plus will have her shower.then nap)

8-10am milk

11-1pm - Porridge

2-4pm milk (Between 2-5pm will nap once or twice bepending on the hour of nap, then 5 plus wpe down)

4-7pm - Porridge.

8-9pm - milk

The exact time of each feed will depend on the first feed of milk. but it every interval of 3 hours between each feed. and we will give her all snacks and biscuits inbetween too.

And by 8plus 9pm.. it's her bed time le.

Yesterday she had her milk at 9pm and it lasted her till 5am...

Dunno why past few night she have been cranky and waking up at 1plus-2am for milk..

sheepy > The milk seems abit little, although ur bb is taking more solids than my bb. N ost sy milk shld stil b their main food. Mayb u cn try jovialz recommendation n intro milk in between solid? A little is better than nothing.

Mommies~~seeems like we all have the same situation..mine bb food intake oso makes me confused...cook too little she ask for more cook abit more she refuses to eat.. faint ah... wonder how i can make her really eat..

Btw mommies, any 1st birthday party ideas? I was hoping to hv a small celebration for bb since i did not hv any bb shower during her first mth but seems like my hb nt very keen... Any ideas to share,mommies?

Same as Bam, my girl has 4milk feeds and 2x porridge (for lunch and dinner)

5am-6am - 6oz (180ml) milk

She normally wakes up ard 8am plus, had her first bath at 9am.

10am - 5oz (150ml) milk

Will take a nap of 45mins-60mins btw 11.30am

1pm - 1 small bowl of porridge

Will take a nap of at least 1.5hrs btw 3.30pm

3.30pm - 4oz (120ml) milk

Slept thru at least till 5.30pm. Had her 2nd bath by 6pm.

7pm - 1 small bowl of porridge

Btw 9-9.30pm wipe down.

10pm - 7oz (210ml) milk

And the cycles goes on

Yes there is one pt of time whereas she wakes up every 1hr due to teething i guess.. I saw swollen gums. For now she also only have 2 bottom tooth.

Yo mummies,

Anyone keen for the free trial class at JWT?

JWT Trial Class (free trial with UOB card)

Date :24th September 2011

Timing : 1pm to 1.45pm

Venue : UE Square

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

twinfish, my girl is about the same weight or lesser as your girl @9mths plus. I think the growth is about 25percentile.

Twin fish,

My girl only 7.5kg @ 9 month. Thou the weight is taken after she had running nose and cough thus eat less and lost a bit of weight. She is the consistently on the 25% type thou she born quite heavy(3.4kg @37weeks). But I'd asked my family GP then and she say no worries lah, as long as she eat good, play well. Now my girl can cruise and today she managed to balance for 3 seconds without holding to anything.

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums whose babies are now 0 to 12 months for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be user of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Interested mums, kindly SMS me yr name, yr age, hp no. and baby's month to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

bam: im fine with lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

any mummies have any recommendation on studio photography for baby? thanks in advance. so far, i've seen the studio loft and f8angel.

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums-to-be who are now 13 to 36 weeks of pregnancy for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be a Non-rejector or User of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ for your baby. Interested mums, kindly SMS me yr name, yr age, hp no. and advise how many weeks of pregnancy to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

Back