(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Shoppiee (shoppiee) – Thanks will try your way because my baby really very difficult to take photo.

Twinfish (twinfish) – We always take pic for baby but this tiger nvr co-operate with us at all, normally we hv to try 2/3 pic to get 1 gd pic.

Jovialz (jovialz) – nvr realise Royce kid gym got baby corner still think of bring baby to register as member when baby is older else will be a waste of $.

enmummy (enmummy) – thanks for sharing but beside gai gai like I can’t do other things with baby, whatever thing go to her will end up in her mouth.

Baby2010 (baby20101204) – Agreed, not only food things that we don’t do it now when baby grow up it’ll be hard for us to do it liao!

papa & mama – My baby call Ah Mah (my mother) not ba ba or ma ma, I kia su so get her to call me mammy now but she still don’t know leh!

Feeding – My baby also nvr eat much even milk, most of d time she can’t even finished 150ml. I check with PD, GP, doctor at polyclinic even d doctors in KKH when she is hospitalised, all of them tell me, she did put on weight and very active it’s ok so I’m also don’t worried liao! Now I spend my to stop her to throw temper.

Feeding:

My son only drink 90am for his 1st milk and the rest only drink 120ml ....he is going 9months next week!!

Holding the milk bottle

Any baby (8 months or 9months) still dun wan hold the milk bottle by their own? my son is lazy..dun wan hold the milk bottle..even i buy a holder for him..he just play n dun wan to hold it..

baby2010> my boy holds the bottle sometimes (but not firm & not for very long), so usually i still hold for him (to prevent the bottle dropping on the floor). so i never let him hold himself.

baby2010, my gal also dun wan to hold the milk bottle...let her hold, she will push away...no need drink already, so i hold for her...

as for feeding, my gal also drink 90ml for her 1st milk...after tat can be 120ml, late afternoon till night will be 150ml...she is 9mth 1 wk tml..

Nelotte,

I see. Ya, for Jetstar no baby basket, so hv to carry bb on ur lap and the seat space is abit narrow, but if it is a short flight so be ok. If u taking water bottle up, better dun use the straw type on the plane, coz last time I gong gong bring a straw type up, then when I open for my boy to drink, the water backflow from the straw and 'shoot' out and nearly kena the person sitting nx to me....so paiseh. btw, on plane for bb, u can bring water, milk and cereal up de.

bring some toy or things ur bb like on board of the plane to keep him entertain.

Chris,

Sorry, I cant go for the JWT trial on 3rd Sept, coz it is my bday, so likely gng for some celebration with HB ba...(if he dare forget he gng to be a piece of dead meat) hahaha

my girl already babbling mama, papa etc but not looking at us, so I think she's just trying to make sound. Yesterday, she managed to clap on her own for e 1st time after teaching her for so long.

Shoppiee, I also want to learn how to make fondant cake. But I think can buy ready made fondant, so just have to roll out on your own and decorate the cake.

Diana, I think e mom u're talking abt who bakes cakes is janvivy (sexyaqua). I remember she volunteered to bring cake to the dec gathering.

Bam, I on for the lunch. Any day shd be ok for me now coz I just resigned to take care of baby. Am looking for part-time work (3 days a week kind).

Passport pic, I took a tonne of pics before deciding which ones to use. There were so many shots she is looking away or got saliva etc.

I bought air tickets to go Penang. Baby's air ticket cost more than my own! (coz adult tickets are on promo). Furthermore got no seat and no luggage allowance. I felt like just buying an adult seat for her! Going to penang this sat, excited abt my 1st airplane trip with my girl!

JWT Trial Class (free trial with UOB card)

Date :24th September 2011

Timing : 1pm to 1.45pm

Venue : UE Square

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

2)Monyetnakal (Baby Meredith)

3)cookiemonster (baby benjamin)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

diana: so qiao...we got the same bday leh...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

calling papa /mama

ya mummies i agree with calling papa is the easiest...my girl suddenly called papapapa very well a few days ago...sometimes she says ah pa oso...super cute lor cos' she says it very gently [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]...my hubby secretly very thrilled when he heard her call papapapa...but now i pour cold water on him say she does that all day even when he is not around...hahaha...me so mean hor...:p my girl does say ah ma..mama sometimes but most prob still cannot differentiate who and who yet la...

whim: my bb can clap hands...wave hanky and shake her rattle but she still refuse to wave bye bye...haha...btw you joining sahm club?...got lobang for part-time job? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] enjoy your penang trip too! saturday will be here in no time! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

enmummy,

that really qiao hor....u r the 3rd person I know sharing the same bday as me, the other 2 is really same date, same month and same year, one is my facial therapist and the other one is Daniel Chan (Chen Xiao Dong) hahaha

Btw, r u born in 1975 too?

Faye > Called JWT liao. Thers no class on 3rd sep. U wan2 join the rest of the mummies on 24th sep or u prefer 10th sep? I m ok w both dates. Let me knw thn I called to register. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Diana > Oh, ur bday is coming...heehee..:p Hope ur hubby will rem. My hubby forget my bday after bb is borned. I was super disappointed. On the day itself, I ask him, "Do u knw today is a special day?" He replied, "Wats on today?" I was lik...arghhh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Thn i turn to bb n sy, "Baobei did u wish mummy Happy Bday?" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5) Aphrodite

6) Shann (bb Haygen)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

whim (whim) – That’s y I ask how to take baby pic for making passport lor! My bb can’t dahan her, we take pic for her very often n she k still turn around. BTW I like your ideal to buy adult ticket for your baby.

Hold bottle - Ya! My bb k hold bottle also but not firm and half way through if she don’t feel like drinking she will throw d bottle so we let her hold d bottle n we hold her hands.

whim, where to buy the readymade fondant? I tght of attending courses, but not cheap.

Enjoy ur Penang trip! Actually, u can really buy an adult ticket for baby if its cheaper rite? Adult promo tickets price so good?

Peekaboo,

any mummies free to go peekaboo with us on 28 Aug, noon. Please PM me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5) Aphrodite

6) Shann (bb Haygen)

7) Wenxiu (bb Joie)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5) Aphrodite

6) Shann (bb Haygen)

7) Wenxiu (bb Joie)

8) Jean503 (bb Joshua)

9)

10)

11)

12)

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5) Aphrodite

6) Shann (bb Haygen)

7) Wenxiu (bb Joie)

8) Jean503 (bb Joshua)

9) Chris (bb Mathias)

10)

11)

12)

1)Diana (Baby Sheryl)

4) cin_bunny (bb hayley)

5) Aphrodite

6) Shann (bb Haygen)

7) Wenxiu (bb Joie)

8) Jean503 (bb Joshua)

9) Chris (bb Mathias)

10)Cool Pooh (bb Ian)

11)Jolyn

12)Lynda

Class is confirm on 24th Sept 2011 at 1 to 1.45pm. Pls do not be late and be remind to bring ur UOB credit card to enjoy the free trial.

My girl will hold the bottle for a few seconds and then let the bottle drop and expects us to hold for her.

But over the wk end, to my shock and surprise, she actually is fully capable of holding the bottle by herself!

Hubby just positioned her hands over the bottle and then left the room (but was standing at the doorway to peep at her). And then, my girl can actually hold the bottle very well and drink!

So well to the extend that she can pull the bottle out, shake shake shake and put back into the mouth!

I think our babies are too smart for us. They know that we are there, so they lazy to hold! But, when we just walk out, they will do it!

Er Chris...

We only tried it out on the 1st morning feed... after a night of "fasting" shd be hungry. So the first 50% of milk she guai guai drink.

then she start to perform her crocodile roll. (Flip here and there, roll here and there) and the bottle is lost lor.

So when we see she start to have her pattern, we will go in and hold her bottle for her. But at least, we know, she is fully capable of holding it herself!

Now is to train her to hold bottle and finish it!

brght my boy for his 9th mth DA today. Thk god, he stil maintain his wt at 50%. Tot it has dropped. He is nw 8.7kg n 71.2cm. He lk so small size, bt he is at ave for ht n wt. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nothing is happier than to c bb growin well n healthy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

porridge recipe: mummies got any recipe to share? My boy is beginnin to enjoy his porridge. Wil lik to mak nice porridge for him. Jus to share. On sat, i mak fish, egg yolk, potato n pumpkin porridge. Sun, its fish, potato, carrot n brocoli. He accepts both. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sheepy > tats alrdy vry vry gd. my boy 1st mornin fd is the worst. Drink the least. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] do u hv any plans on hw to train ur bb? Care to share?

oh.. my girl is the opp... her morning feed is considered the most for the whole day already.

150ml but also need to coax to finish kind.

i intend to, walk away and then when she does her pattern, walk in to re-position her and walk out again. Repeat and repeat. Hopefully it works.

Haven't try yet though. Coz only made this discovery that she can hold her bottle on Sat morning.

Chris, Xhin also make his attempt to hold the milk bottle during the weekend. Like sheepysheeps, I am so happy to see his progress.

I started off by putting his hand onto the bottle. But he drop immediately once my hand is removed from it. Then as he is drinking, I will tell him, Ok.. mummy hold 1 side, bb hold the other side, oki.. somehow, he still refuse.. Then a moment later, he wana hold it by himself and i just let go. And he is able to finish up and hold the bottle all by himself. During the holding part, I will act like clown and try to praise and clap for his success. Think they like to be "po" haha

hahahahhaha... Junvis! I like your ending statment! They really like to be "po"

If there is a "Like" button here, I will LIKE it!

Oh.. good idea lei! Maybe I will try ur method this wk end too!

Mommies,

If we cook too much porridge, can we put it in the fridge for baby to consume the next day? Hubby cooked too much and insist that it is ok to give baby for tomorrow's meal... haiz. I prefer it fresh liao...

sheepy: wah yr so smart gal know how to shake somemore. haha.... so ur gal is on her bed and hold the bottle to drink? i am alway carry my son and feeding him milk , dun think he know how to drink if i put him on the bed.

i can only dare to let my son to hold his bottle when he is tired and sleepy and hungry...haha..if not, he sure dun wan hold the bottle one... last friday night i let him hold but he use his right hand support the bottom bottom part of the bottle and his left hand dun wan hold and only put a side. jialat.. mean he only use his right hand hold the bottle but not very firm one..i still on and off to support him.

Chris: the u add potote and pumpkin into the porridge, is it puree or u just cut in small piece and put into the pot and cook with pumpkin, bcos i did cut the pumpkin in small piece and cook with porrige together but end up the porridge already soft but pumpkin is still very hard...

nelotte,

For me if I cook too much, I will finish it (during my #1 time) now, I will ask if my #1 want, if he dun want then I will finish it....if nt juz throw lor....hahaha

and yet, nv keep in fridge coz porridge will sheng shui and become windy lor...

Oh.. My girl ONLY drinks milk lying down. Carry her, she refuse to drink wan. Weird hor? But her pattern lei.

We hv been giving her gripe water after bath. This, she will hold and finish in double quick time Abt 2,3 mths back le. Milk she wont hold lor. Only on Sat then she hold milk bottle.

Maybe try gripe water to teach holding? Sweet ma.

Ah? Clever? She everything hold already will shake shake wan lei. Be it her toy or snacks... I thought its a norm lei.

baby2010> for potato, pumpkin, carrot, i wil cut most of thm into big parts. Use this only to mak the porridge taste gd. Cut a small amt into thin slices which i wan bb to eat. I throw all into slow cooker. 1 to 2 hrs b4 feedin thn i put in rice. Thn mayb ard 30mins b4 feedin thn i put in fish. By the time to fd, the potato, pumpkin or carrot alrdy quite soft leh. B4 feeding, i lik to use spoon to smash 1st b4 givin to bb. Jus wan2 make sure everything is safe for bb to swallow.

For the DA, nurse chk hearin, whether bb wil observe stranger, whether bb wil copy our action, hw bb pick up cube w his fingers, leg strength, neck strength n etc. Ur bb havnt go for 9th DA?

sheepy >my niece is even more strange, only drink in her yaolan. Personally i dont lik to giv gripe water, unless necessary leh. So no choice, cn only try usin plain water, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Junvis: u are so funny leh... "po" kids like to be "hong" lah.... my boi started holding last night but for 10 seconds onli let go again... after tat refuse to hold again when i wanna take more pics....

Nelotte: better not keep porridge overnight for bb.. its not good.. will induce wind...

baby2010,

i will chop potato/ pumpkin/ carrot/ spinach/ swt potato into tiny pieces (green bean size) and then throw into slow cooker with rice, a piece of beef and stock.

My mom will prepare the stock first and freeze. Stock will be boiled using fish bones + Pork bones.

Slow cooker for about 2.5 to 3 hours and all done. Then I just feed everything minus the beef.

Chris, oh... BB has been taking gripe water since 3+,4 mths till now. Its also a way to increase her daily water intake in my opinion. She does take plain water, just not much, so add a bit of gripe water, 5ml to 50ml of plain water (sme times more) she finishes everything.

Also, it's somthing to keep her busy as we are drying/changing her after bath. She now flips in double quick time, so keep her occupied. Else very hard to get her dressed.

Can try using juice too?

Hi mommies, issit necessary for bb to go for the 9th month DA. The last jab was ard her 7-8th month, the PD was asking me to go back for booster jabs when she is about 14mths. So do i have to go for the DA? If so i have to go by this weekend le becos for next week she will be 10mths old le..

Back