(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Those meeting for lunch today at 1pm, pls meet at Big O Cafe & Restaurant, Paragon Shopping Centre; #B1-11/12. See u later.

Orangebb think hpc is referring to anchorvale cc near the swimming pool if not wrong they have yoga pilates etc mayb u wan to check online on the program available

hpc,

Looks like alot of us stay in the North East. Shall we hunt for pilates classes ard this area?

I stay in Kovan, work in Orchard too! Coincidence! Which part of Orchard is ur workplace? Next time can meet for lunch if nearby ;)

Nana,

My bb sucks his fist alot too! In fact he's been sucking in the womb so hard that when he was born, there was an ulcer on the back of his right hand. Took abt a week to fully heal.

Yes it's a self-sooth method so I just allow him to suck if I'm too tired to pacify him or rock him to sleep. He can fall asleep on his own after sucking for awhile so I don't see any harm in that.

The only thing is that his mittens will get all wet and he will smudge it all over his face. The next day his face will develop red patches [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

morning mummies... have not been posting for sometime.. I have been sick since CNY eve.. till now.. still coughing and flu and sore throat.. and i never even eat any goodies from CNY..

Sian.. Now bb get it from me liao.. coughing again.. haiz.. so heartache..

jean, hpc, orangeBB - i'm worried it's difficult to wean from sucking fingers. i have a relative sucked her fingers until 12 yrs old. some of my frens' baby suck til 2yrs old.. ok, i shd be kind a bit and let my girl suck for a while hee..

bam, poor gal, hope both of u wil get well soon.

whim, my girl now wake up 2-3times liao, better than wake up 5-7times last week. if not i wil bcome walking zombie.. ;)

hpc,

My workplace at Wheelock. Quite far oh.

Nana,

Re: sucking finger or pacifier, I think can start weaning when the kid can understand. Just gotta be persistent.

When I sent my 2yo to school, the teacher forgot to give him pacifier when he naps. He didn't (or didn't dare to?) fuss.

So we did the same thing at night. He weaned it off within a week. Though the initial few days he had night terror (woke up but couldn't fall back asleep). Now he no longer asks for pacifier when he wanna sleep.

Won't b joining lunch, coz bb din slp the whole nite idunno wats wrong w him, I wake evey hr to pat or feed him. Zombie! I gg back work soon he lidat i hw sure tired at work am v worried.

Block ducts : mummies, will some flu med cause blocked ducts? I've got a blocked duct for as long as I've got flu n can't seem to clear it. Getting baby to latch also can't. Keep pumping also can't. Sigh..

i seen 2x doc liao.. finish 2 rounds of medication.

Hubby is always flying.. this week went vietnam. coming back tonite. stay for 2 days flying to malaysia again. Haiz..

Hi ladies,

Brought my gal for her 3rd month jab in the morning. Her weight is now 5.6 kg not yet double her birth weight, not like her brother who double his birth weight at 3rd month. Haiz, but considering that she is drinking so little and so difficult to feed, her weight is already good and encouraging le.

PD told me that some babies are like that difficult to feed, drink only when asleep or drink more at night. Haiz....guess I can only tahan till she is able to eat solid hopefully it will be BETTER.

Just double check and realise that I will only be gng back to work on 22nd March.....another 1 month to go....

Guess better used this period to meet up frenz etc....heehee.

Orangebb,

When u starting work?

michele > bb reduce fd since cny. Bt start vomit more milk recently, b4 change to M or pokin more holes. My guess is tat he has alot of wind cos he keep suckin his arm n hand. Dont knw wat to do w him. Haiz.

ermm > i dont feel tat flu med cause block ducts, bt i tink it cos reduction in milk ss. It happened to me.

Budget 2011

"7) New Child Development Credit scheme for all Singaporean children aged six and below, which can be used to pay for their children’s preschool, childcare, and medical expenses. Child Development Credit will be paid into the Children Development Accounts (CDAs)."

I wonder hw much is the increase...

No good news for maid levy..nth for working mummy..

Hey mummies, ppl say my no 2 is chubby but I read abt most bb's weight mentioned here is even heavier. He is 6.4kg at 14wks. He's quite long also.

hey mummies, i am now holidaying in Taipei now. I think its great to bring young children coz its really child friendly. there are breastfeeding rooms in some of the big mrt stations, lots of ramps so stroller is not too much of an issue, and no one will fight for space to take the lifts with you. Went to this expo fair and they even had a designated breastfeeding room, how amazing is that!

anyway my son is also 7kg now at 3 months... i think he is on the higher percentile but both me and hubby big size la haha

so the budget got more freebies for us?

chloe:

"The Credits will be provided from time to time, when there are surpluses to share with Singaporeans.The Child Development Credit can be used to pay for their children’s preschool, childcare, and medical expenses. 80% of families with young children will receive $400 per child. The other 20% who are better off will receive S$300."

i wonder is that a total/annual/monthly amount?i think can WLL for it to be monthly lah

Bam - how zun I got the exact illness like u since cny till now haven recover. Still got flu cough and dry throat and best

Now got very bad neck and shoulder. Both my Gers

Also down with flu and cough, poor bb kept coughing and there's goes my night sleep cos bb wakes up middle of night twice due to nose irritation. Was wondering with such lack of rest how can we ever recover sigh!!

Dimple - haha i m hoping it to be monthly.and i wonder tis scheme,do we need to do the matching of $1 to $ 1 anot..

Personally i tink tis is not veri good for us working mummy as the money goes into CDA and cant b use to defray cost like maid levy & maid salary...

Scubababe- hahaha no freebie la..after the election,the govt will slowly take wat they haf given us back...

Chris – OIC. My bb also have choke or cough recently when feeding so wat I did is I hold her head slightly higher & dt feed her milk till d last drop to avoid her to dink in wind.

Sucking hands k caused wind? I thought a lot of bb will do that? And my bb also keep doing that I don’t like it so I’ll stop her as much as I k but I’m going back to work soon and doubts my maid will help to stop her lor!

lol..im sure there will be a catch somewhere.make $$ from our $$..haha..but i agree with u Chris,they SHOULD allow us to offset maid levy.

Mouthing-bb sucking their hands..I asked PD whther i should give pacifier or let him suck his hands.He said it's up to me.He also added,u can throw away the pacifier but u cant throw away his hands.I.e harder to kick the hands habit.

Guess we just have to choose.Both have their own advantages and disadvantages [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dimple,

My choice is pacifier coz we hv successfully wean my #1 off it when he is think 15 months old, coz my nanny on her side hv already wean him off le...as in he do not suckle pacifier for his nap at her house.

Bluesoda: used to be $10 for my girl when she was a bb. When she is 2 years old or 18 months(can't remember) it became $17. They cut very well.

Bb weight,

7kg at 3 months on high percentile? Then my bb sure high high percentile.. Haha.. He was 7kg at his 10weeks..

Lunch gathering,

I very free too!! Haha..

Nana,

I let my boy suck his fist.. I don't want to stress him and myself, it's part of their growing phase.. Sooner or later will

wean off.. His fist looks very yummy!

Nana: Oh really.. there are babies who are afraid of darkness..he only recently started to have such problem..strange.. hope he will get better soon. btw, i'll also let him suck his fist.. for me i think it seems better than pacificer. But he doesnt do it very often .. mostly when he is hungry then he start it.

scubababe: Im bringing my bb to taiwan in apri too, can i ask u if you bring your pram there? am still thinking if I should bring pram or those baby carrier is sufficient. You mentioned you went to the expo right? Is it the flora expo? good? Am planning to go but seen not so good review abt it...

Bam: take care. Hope u get well soon

Any mummies going for the young parents seminar today at marriot?

Chloe, the new budget policy for CDC is meant for hse hold income no more than 3500 right?

Diana : Me also starting work on the 21 March 2011.

vt > my bb vomit milk aftr fd n burping. Cn b quite alot. Yesterday tried to bath him aftr 1h 20min of his fd, stil gt milk cm out of his mouth. N last time whn i burp him, the most cn only hear 1 burp. Nw he cn burp for 2 or 3 times n quite loud too. So i guess he has too much wind in his stomach. Dont tink it is cause by my bm cos my ss reduce n he is only takin 2 to 3 fd of bm per day. I tink suck hand will hv wind cos ther r gaps whn bb suck. Tis cn cause bb to suck wind? It is a phase indeed, so tats y i also dont wat i cn do. Probably tats y sm of us here r also facin the same problem.

Diana (september) : My bb gal is oso down with fever after jab too... I gave her the liquid panadol n stick the koolfever for her too. Did u give her medicine?

Hi mummies, i m tinking of buying a gd diaper bag tat is light weight, easy to hande whn carrying bb n big enough to put the thermal flask. Any recommendations? Is backpack better or shoulder bag?

hammiebao: Thanks for the precious tips! I finally went solo with bb and it was a very tiring but goood experience [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sucking of fist: my boy does tat a lot too. but i am fine with it. Its good to let them explore their fingers and sucking momentum. I used pacifier also..its only a passing phase. I allow my son to explore anything on his own and this way he learns very fast. When he gets older, then i will teach him.

Jen,

we are going to Taipei in march!

Chris,

I am using lasportsac. It's v lightweight n u can wash it if it's dirty

my bb sleeps inthe dark since he moved into his own room when he was one month old. I think he's used to it so no problem at all

Babywonder,

I give the pink medicine, Paracetamol which is given by PD lor....now, her temperature is back to normal le....but we still monitoring her lor.

Btw, anyone keen for a meet up next week?

Also, I am so piss. Last sat afternoon, when we went back to my MIL house. she carry my gal go zhao mirror and ask me if I ever heard that bb not yet 3 or 4 months zhao mirror will start to ren people. I told her that she told me before during my son time. I still remember that time she saw me bringing my son to zhao mirror and she told me that, and as it was the first time I heard, I said I dun noe and I dun believe. Then, shortly after, I saw her carrying my son to zhao mirror, so in my heart, I was thinking if u believe this myth, why the hell she bring my son to zhao mirror, so that he will recognise her? Nevertheless, it was useless, and my boy do not ren people so he was easy to take care.

Then now, after she carry my gal and ask me the same old wife tale, my gal suddenly ren people since yesterday. She cried the moment she saw my parents. And today worse, I need to pump milk and as my hb is out, I thought my parent could help to care for my gal and boy so I can pump. Whose know my gal cried so hard, until, I hv to told my mum to leave my gal in the room wif me and I care for her while I pump.

Not sure if it is bb pantang due to wat she say when she carry her. But since this happen after she big mouth, I am now so piss with her. bb ren people, then bb will be difficult to take care and she know it one lor, so why she do it again. Dun understand what inside her koo koo head lor....TMD!

hee so many mummies planning to come taiwan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jen I din bring my baby, only brought my #1 who is going to be 3 years old. Yes please bring stroller, most places are very stroller friendly. But really if you dun wanna bring almost all the malls & the flower expo can let you borrow a stroller for FREE! No worries its pretty clean, been borrowing one when i see for my #1 coz i din bring one here ha

the floral expo is not too bad... very big. The landscape is nice but the inside exhibits are not fantastic. but apparently the flowers on display are not always the same coz it depends on the weather. Its been raining the past few days so its not very easy to walk the night market, so sad.

my baby is sucking his fist like mad too! its so interesting all our babies are doing this but i recall for my #1 he did not suck so much

Christ - Wow then really is a problem look like either u bring bb to PD or monitor what happen before n during feeding see k find any thing abnormal or not.

Sharon - the cda top up of $400 n $300 is depend on the annual value (AV) of ur flat. if ur annual value in 2010 is less then $13,000,den ur child will get $400.If above $13000 for AV of flat,den ur child will get $300 onli.

The Credit will be paid into the Children Development Accounts (CDAs), which most children already have. For those who do not currently have CDAs, they will be able to open new accounts to receive their Credits. MCYS will send letters to parents of eligible children to notify them by June 2011. Payment will start from July 2011.

While the $3500 scheme is additional help given to those low income family.Read below taken frm

http://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2011/key_initiatives/families.html#s1

"Supporting Families with Children

(C1) Kindergarten Financial Assistance Scheme and Centre-based Financial Assistance Scheme for Childcare

The Government will also give additional support to lower-income families by enhancing subsidies for preschool education and childcare fees. The Kindergarten Financial Assistance Scheme (KiFAS) and the Centre-based Financial Assistance Scheme for Childcare (CFAC) currently provide large subsidies for children from low income families.

KiFAS and CFAC will be enhanced and extended to include families with up to $3,500 in gross monthly household income (40th percentile). These enhancements will double the children who benefit from KiFAS and CFAC to 24,000.

More details will be provided during the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports Committee of Supply."

Conclusion : CDA topup - child 6 and below confirm will get and does not depend on hsehold income.Applicable to use on approved childcare,preschool and medicial.While, Additional help for low imcome family,only hsehold income of not more then $3500 will be award.and onli applicable to childcare and pre-school edu.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha kind of long winded..

Chris,

i think I paid $200+ can't really remember cos I bought it when I had #1. All their bags r of light weight material. Mine can be used as a shoulder bag or sling bag. Sometimes the overseas spree have good discounts, u can check it out

Chris,

i think I paid $200+ can't really remember cos I bought it when I had #1. All their bags r of light weight material. Mine can be used as a shoulder bag or sling bag. Sometimes the overseas spree has good discounts, u can check it out

Shaving hair : shaved my girl's head today. Now she really look like a Botak boy! Hopefully, her hair quickly grow long long. Already before we shave, everyone will ask boy or girl when we bring her out.

Safe : the talk about having a safe made me try to keep the keys to my safe in a diff location. But guess what... It was so secretive that we forgot where we kept it. Took me 4 days to find it. Hahaha.. Hopefully, we dun forget the new location again.

Back