(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Jollymummy,

I read something about the water bag breaking too, remember that in some other forum(which I don't rem which) asked to prepare some big bath towel whereever u will be, like office, home and car.. in case the water bag break.. but I never tot of it breaking in the middle of sleep..

For mummies who swim during T3,

I read from some chinese forum(HK) that when u swim during T3 must be careful as u wont really notice if your water bag break in the pool.. the forum actually advice not to swim during T3 due to water bag breaking..

I have never heard of any that broke waterbag whilst sleeping.. most of my frds broke it at home and few at work.

As for swimming, I still do now though not frequent.. once a week only.. my gynae actually advised me to swim more.. I believe we have feelings when our waterbag broke.. it's kinda peeing except this peeing is something we can't control. ;)

Nana,

For my 1st pregnancy, I took Msc exams at 28week & 30week, finished thesis at confinement month. And at work I was supposed to have design review at my due date to U.S teams, our team here tried to be professional, asked to bring forward design review date one week later since my due date is Chinese New year Eve. But in the end I delivered 10 days earlier, my teammate helped me to present the slides. Quite stressed then, and I only managed to buy very few baby clothes before delivery, since my mum and MIL was gangeong, bought a lot before my exam was over. But I made it up by shopping quite some after confinement .

My hubby always credit my daughter's cleverness(haha…thick skin) to my constant brain usage at 1st pregnancy. Now he looked at me lazy around for this pregnancy, joked whether this little ones won't be smart. ^_^

---Water bag broke,

For my 1st pregnancy, my water bag broke at midnight 3:30am, I thought that I couldn't hold my urine, changed pants, and went back to sleep. After 5 mins, underwear is all wet again. So I woke up hubby, hubby quickly went out to taopao Mac big breakfast from 24 hour Mac. We had breakfast at home, then went to hospital around 5:30am. My contraction only comes in at 10am.

baby talk: I too talk to bb ever since i am 3mths preggie. Now I will read to him fairy tales each nite before i sleep and talk to him even as i wait for a taxi.

baby movement: Lots of movement and nudges. Hb loves to play when back from work and he will giggle when bb responses with nudges too.

lack of sleep: last nite was hard to bear, cant breathe well, felt bloated and my tummy stretched to the max. Cant seem to even sit well without breathing probs watching tv. And I peed almost 10> times the whole nite. I tot of sleeping on the toilet bowl and saves me the trouble of walking. Totally a panda again.

Mood swings and dreams: Having weird dreams too and super low mood swings suddenly yesterday, just felt anxious abt birth and whether it be a smooth sailing event. I hope it can be earlier in end oct or early nov. Also a FTMTB, but prefer earlier cos we have plans to go abroad end of the year for hb's study.

whitecookies: oh gave birth at wk35 is really early. bb must be really small..not easy to handle...

hope all our bb guai guai to deliver at least wk38 and onwards [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yday my colleague shared a story of her aunty whose water bag burst whilst she was driving...but no contraction thus she drove herself to hospital and need emergency delivery (not sure induced or c-sect), and upon checking the gynae suspected the bag burst cld be due to her bb finger nails too long and pointed..

even when he was still a bb, every week need to trim his nails cos too long n pointed liao n kept scratching himself.

tubao: wow u still have time/mood for mac big breakfast..u really steady [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I checked with gyne, can swim till 36 weeks.

For my eldest son, I give birth at 38 weeks. Had menstrual like cramps till cannot tahan then go hospital. Gyne burst the water bag and it felt like a warm gush of water coming out. Entire labour was 3 hrs. Heard 2nd one labour will be faster so I hve to rush to hospital as soon as I feel any pain :p

enmummy, I bought stuff from old navy before but long time ago. If u want to try the quality from old navy before committing to 1 big parcel, there's a spree currently w/ discount in the spree thread here, can just buy 1 item see if u like their quality & sizing.

Am FTMTB, so no experience w/ gymboree... maybe e moms in our thread can do our own combined spree/bulk order once the bb is out.

I dun know which of my online shopping will be 'worse', the online shopping I'm doing now before bb is born or e online shopping I'll do when the bb is out.

There's so many things I want to buy... but told myself since bb is not out yet, still have time, can get it when bb is 1-3 mths old. Things like bb sunscreen, clothes for bigger size (bulk of my bb clothes now are for up to 6 mths), teething toys etc.

I'm trying to restrict myself to buying only things that I will use from now until the end of confinement month (or will need to use during confinement month). I think my SO won't be surprised to see me online shopping during confinement, since cannot really go out of the house, will start shopping like mad online. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

orangebb, pass u e CB cream on sat.

angewong/nana17,

calendula cream and lansinoh cream is here. can we meet on Sunday 11am at AMK hub? Pls pm me.

I havent calculate the cost yet, will do it by Friday.

waterbag

jollymummy, I also had similar idea! I wanted to put the bb waterproof sheet between my bedsheets and on top of my mattress so that my mattress can be protected if waterbag burst. I have a mattress protector, but that's no defence against a waterbag (I think).

hammiebao, swimming in T3 is a no-no? But I have frens whose waterbag burst and still have 10-odd hrs to go before bb is out, think shd be fairly safe in Singapore where the island is small and travelling from any place to the hospital shouldn't take too long. I'm doing my swimming in KKH, if the waterbag really burst in the swimming pool, at most I get out and they can wheel me directly to the delivery suite w/ my hair still smelling of chlorine.

I'm targeting at least 36 weeks to deliver. But if can hit 38 weeks it'll be even better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Talking to baby

I've also been talking to bb since 3 mths... of late not only talking, singing and scolding too!! Hubby said mother-and-son-love-hate-relationship. Hahaha... my boy squirm and moves a lot and each movement is very strong. Now everyone at home can see the bb movement, no need to feel. My sis says if we sing the same particular song to bb everytime, when he/she is born we can sing the same song to calm them down & they can recognise it. I don't have a particular song but sing everything that comes along in Class 95. Bb seems like to 'dance' to the songs too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby Clothings

I got some baby clothes from Carter (US brand), the size is very small. Any mommies intend to use cloth diapers? if yes, how may pieces of cloth diapers did u prepare?

Eat before going to delivery suite

My fren whom just gave birth says better eat coz the moment we're in the delivery suite we won't get to eat AT ALL till the bb is out. I told hubby, the moment my water bag broke, I want to eat Geylang frogleg porridge or beef hor-fun before going into hospital. Hahahaha...!!

whim/jollymummy : I bought a waterproof sheet protector from one BP.. tot that my protector was quite old already and should be replaced, then waterproof so baby wouldn't wet my bed accidentally.. seems like will be a good idea to start using soon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

During TMC class, trainer advised to go to hospital soon after water bag burst.. remember she said something like can take bath and meals first but cannot go supermarket shopping.. cos there is a risk that umbilical cord will "drop" and suffocate baby..

Re: waterbag,

i bought LOTS of waterproof sheets the last time (the absorbent type, from hospital pharmacy) and put in my car and at home on the bed, but then it never ended up being used, cuz i got contractions first and dr burst waterbag for me! so just prepare what u can but otherwise, what will be will be..how to rpeapre for everything right? I 100% agree w what clover said, when it comes to delivery, nothing ever goes as planned! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

online shopping:

i bought from ON and gymboree before, find ON quality for rompers not as lasting, but their pants and t shirts for bb boys are ok..gymboree's stuff is nice n longer lasting but bit ex in comparison

re: EDD

I was almost 1 week late for #1! was still at work until the day before i actually popped! my advice is to try and take a few days off before ur EDD and just relax like get a pedicure, cuz u sure won't have time afterwards [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re:packing for hospital

i was still doing last min packing of my hospital bag after i got some show...quite relaxed, since i figured hubby will not be staying w me and he can just take stuff from home if needed lor..singapore not that big anyways [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] here's a link of stuff to pack fr babycentre in case u mummies need it!

http://www.babycenter.com/packing-for-the-hospital-or-birth-center

Just finished seeing gynae,at 28 + wk bb wt 1.44kg and already turn head down :eek: that is abt fast right ? Bb is considered big and above average.

Aphrodite you only had menstrual cramp and 3hr labour and u pop that is very short :eek:

for my 1st pregnancy, waterbag burst together with show at abt 1+am when I was sleepin & I woke up when i felt something gushed out. Lucky was wearin pantyliner and blanet underneath. At tat time, I was still wonderin wat it is when I went toilet as it was pinkish & not a lot of puddle water like some pple describe. It depends on individual. Some waterbag burst is bits n bits, some r really a lot gush out.

Btw, anyone starts to feel nauseous & giddiness? I think my mornin sickness is bk in T3. So sian.

waterbag: I not sure how it will turn out too But since i already on leave so be just at home. Never tot of wetting the bed though but i got lots of mattress protector and my main mattress still has the plastic sheet on so its ok.

I do have slight nausea and heartburn after meals. Not much giddiness though.

Waistline: night balloons more, last nite measured ard 36" at 30 weeks.

whim: i soo understand what u mean..it's so difficult to walk around now n shop..my tummy is really HUGE!nvr shopped online b4..so now am an online shopaholic..shop n bought bb clothes till 12 months...bought a jumper for 18mths also coz no smaller size!n it was juz too cute to resist! lucky mine isnt a girl..if not much more damage!

do any of you take out the baby's clothes randomly and juz stare at them,thinking how he/she is gonna be like in them,etc... :p

btw,ladies,wht exactly is 'SHOW'?

all these tok about waterbags,delivery,is scaring me!! it's gonna be time soon.the clock is ticking!!!my hubby thinks im a kancheong spider!keep telling him to do up the nursery and go buy the bb chest of drawers!tmr,im gonna drag him to go buy liao..cannot procastinate animore.

Gd morn ladies,

Slept at 9pm last nite ... duno why so tired, tot wana have an hrs' nap but only woke up at 5am to pee & went back to sleep again. This morn still feel tired... *yawn*.

All this talk abt water bag burst makes me anxious suddenly tat labour is near... haven even pack my bag yet ;p

Looks like Im going to use my ger's diaper changing water proof's sheet b4 she comes out...keke.

dimple: Show is the mucous plug which seals the cervix to protect your bb from infection during pregnancy. The plug will drop and it has pinkish to red to brown blood to signifies start of the delivery process.

not kancheong lah. Its better to be prepared then to rush for things in your heavy tummy and when you need it, you have to rush to look for it. Tell him that you wanted to relax nearer to EDD so at least hurry now, later can rest and enjoy the waiting process mah.

You can tell him my hb even more kancheong. Got everything done in June already. bb room and bag all up and ready. Now we r just lazing away feasting on food daily haha.

to add on, not everyone will have the "show" or "burst of water bag". Some only have contractions. This is wat we were taught during our Mount A antenatal class.

Lobang Time for BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy (valid till today by 6pm)

Current Inventory (Based on first come first served):

Black OSS

White 2pc

Dark Blue 3pc

Product Info:

http://www.babybjorn.com/American/products/Mobility/BABYBJORN-Baby-Carrier-Synergy/

More about the BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy

Provides vital closeness between you and your child.

Correct position for your child. Physiologically correct position for your child’s legs and arms.

Adjustable, stable head support. Secure support for your baby’s head and neck. Can be folded down allowing your older child to be carried facing forward.

Easy to put on and take off. All adjustments are made from the front. The front section can be opened fully, allowing you to lift out your sleeping child without waking him or her.

Maximum carrying comfort. Stable lumbar support provides comfortable support for your lower back. Wide, padded shoulder straps distribute your baby’s weight evenly over your back and shoulders.

Breathable comfort for both you and your child. The 3D breathable mesh effectively wicks away heat and moisture. This unique material has been exclusively developed for BABYBJÖRN.

Grows with your child. The practical sliding buckle makes it easy to adjust the baby carrier’s size to your growing child.

Easy portability. The practical storage bag kept in a pocket on the inside of the baby carrier can hold the whole baby carrier.

Breastfeed-friendly. You can breastfeed your child without removing the baby carrier.

Easy-care. Machine-washable, 40˚C. Wash in a gentle, bleach-free detergent. Dries quickly after washing.

From newborn (at least 3.5 kgs/8 lbs and 53 cms/21 ins) up to 12 kgs/26 lbs. Perfect for use indoors and out.

Developed in close cooperation with pediatricians and families with young children.

Guaranteed free from hazardous substances. Oeko-Tex standard 100 product class 1-approved.

I can be contacted at [email protected] if you are interested. Self collect at bedok or to be discussed.

vallous:JUNE!!khekhekhe..tht 1 is super kancheong..but i likeeeee...

but doesnt tht mean u have to clean it quite often? tht is wht has deterred me from getting my cot to be delivered early.

i also havent pack bag yet..wht kinda bag is it..lol..

'show' sounds scary too...

dimple: I put a plastic shield over the cot and accessories. I will be removing it nearer to EDD.

The delivery bag is just those bags we buy for bb bags when we bring bb out next time. So for now we stuff the necessary hospital stuff for delivery. Even put in the marriage cert and impt documents also. It consists of a list of items such as mother's clothing, bb's clothing, maternity pads and so on.

We did the bulk purchase in June to ride on the Great Singapore Sales, so we did save a lot. For me , i think my hb is the sort that prepares everyhing in way advance. So i just sit back and relax, no need to do anything.

ya me also getting anxious and gancheong with all the "show" n waterbag talks...

esp me a FTMTB, really dun know wat to expect..

vallous: wow u really get prep early!

waterbag,

thanks for the highlightin jollymummy. am goin to place the bb changing mat on my new bed. cannot imagine if i spoil that if we use barely for afew months!

bb position,

my girl hangout at the low tummy (near v) last nite, that i got so worried! keep askin her to move to the corner of my tummy cos i dunwan her to come out yet. kind of scary, specially when i go thru terrible cramp last fri for a good 4hours!

Swimming,

i tot i could go swimmin after the 7th month.. think goin to skip tat incase the waterbreak, cos i swim alone! too dangerous liao.

whim: ya i tink online shopping will be one of the ways we can destress when we are stuck at home with the baby and cannot go out shopping...haha...

lilyn: did you buy from gymboree direct or through spree?

dimple: i noe what you mean by "imagining" how your baby looks like in the clothes...when i washed my baby's clothes and mittens and was hanging them to dry...i felt the same way too...hee...and ya better shop for most of the stuff before you feel too heavy with all the third trimester aches and pains....hee...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] packing what bag...your hospital bag lor...haha...

baby movements

yesterday my baby started kicking my ribs really high that it felt painful and i actually jolted from my seat...now i finally understand what it means when i hear mummies saying it hurts...haha...DH felt them too when he placed his hand cos' the bulges were really strong and hard...

waterbag breaking

i also praying hard that my waterbag will not burst untimely when i am outside...hopefully at home or at the hospital...hee..but i got some absorbent underpads from guardian which i intend to put on the bed in case it happens while i am sleeping...tink will also bring one out in handbag and put one in DH's car to standby too...i got the smallest ones...one pack cost less than $5 i remember...

eating before delivery

is it really ok to eat something before going to the hospital because if there is a need for emergency c-sec *touch wood* i thought it is best done on an empty stomach?

Whim, I think not say cannot swim lah, but as a FTM some might not know when the waterbag burst and it's not so easy to see if u are in water so just becareful lor..

Mrs Lee, try to get ur hubby to go swim with u.. At least anything he is there

Mrs Lee, I think in swimming pool, there're pressure so the amino fluid will not come out without u noticing. Only when u come out of the pool then u will feel it ba.

Am thinking to start swimming after complete pilates .. but these few days keep raining... *cold*. Forgot it's 7 mth now :p

yup..me too..gonna use bb stuff b4 baby..khjkehekh..notti mommie!;)

Mrs lee: 4 hour cramps?i doubt thts normal rite?

i tend to have short cramps like 2-3mins in the mornings..but thts it..so i doubt it is anithing..

vallous: thnkx for the clarification on THE bag [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lucky u.my hubby is the direct opposite..i tell,he do.if not,don do!

Anyone having problem with trembling hands?? My I even hold a pen and write [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and it trembles. Now my handwriting is worst than a pre-school.

dimple, not sure if its normal cos me FTM. but i manage to pull it thru safely. haa! was actually standinby, to call gynae if i see spottin or waterbag burst. lucky dun have. arbo jialat, cos me haven prepare anything yet!

jewel, too bad u stay too far from me, if not we could go swimming together. i itnk i understand wat u mean by the pressure, sme goes to what they say abt swimmin durin ur menstruation.

hammiebao, hubby recently busy w our house renovation, so he cant company me. i usually go alone.

waistline,

i jus measure yest, so depress to see a 39" waist line while im on week 29 now. sigh~

Mrs Lee, dun be depress la.. maybe u are petite pre-pregnancy..

My waist have been maintaining at abt 41" since 6th month till now, wondering if it will expand further

jewel: 7th mth ending today liao...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrs lee: i am only 154cm but 40.5" waist liao...you are still ok la...hehee...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i was 39" two weeks ago though...didn't know i had expanded almost 2 inches till i measured again...think i am still "widening"...hahaha....

and thank god your 4 hour contractions got better...so scary leh!

sophia: is it carpal tunnel syndrome? it does happen to pregnant women...

Sophia: how come will have trembling hands? did u check with ur gynae why like tat? quite unusual leh.

Mrs Lee, if u dun wana swim alone, try walking on rubber tracks or treadmill.... although not as fun as swimming [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

enmummy, thanks.. ya, im glad that i pull it thru..i told hubby thats the rehersal for the real thing.

sophia, did u had too much caffine like coffee? cos before preg, my hands will tremble if i had strong coffee. may wanna call gynae to check if u didnt?

jun, me not consider petite..am giant, ha! stand 1.69..

jewel, walking..ya, think i shall walk my dog more often now. hahaa!!

enmummy: I'm not sure cud it be that. My right wrist has been aching since few months back. I've been massaging it to each the tension. Now is my left hand. Since I'm a left-hander, it makes me having problem holding a pen properly.

Jewel: My hand only sort of tremble when i hold a pen to write. I didnt check with gynae coz I thot it's the stiff wrist like my right hand.

Enmummy: thks... Can start tmr liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sophia: if the prob persists, then better ask the gynae on ur next visit.

Mrs Lee: think the dog will be walking the preggie u... kekke.

sophia> my left finger joint has been aching for the past few days..when i tried to bend my finger, it was very painful...

Dear all,

I got voucher from Mothers Work to let go at 20% discount. Valid until May 2011. Let me know if you are interested.

Brand new set AVENT UNO SINGLE ELECTRIC breast pump. With 1 year international warranty from Aug 2010.

Throw in free adaptor for singapore socket as this is a US Set.

UNO can be used in 3 ways, manual pump, electric and battery operated. Socket head is US parallel pin, voltage can be used in Singapore.

Interested, please PM me or email to [email protected]

Sophia / Bluesoda : My left hand is also painful. Pain when have pressure on it.. Didn't do anything that will cause it, but a few days already.. was just thinking if I should go Tuina..

i think better see gynae for the trembling hands too. Could be a drug allergy sometimes, totally unrelated to the pregnancy. No point guessing, better to consult a doc.

waistline: For me, i am 1.58cm ..petite also..so far 36", but bb already 1.45kg at week 30. I also dunno where he hide inside. But i do feel the stretch each nite. Maybe i am late boomer...whereby suddenly last 8 weeks balloon alot. Now gained total 5kg.

gosh..overate my lunch...now heartburn...hard to breathe also..think i can do without dinner....

Last nite I think I felt my 1st leg cramp. I was alrdy asleep thn don't knw y I woke up thn jus try to stretch my left leg n suddenly I felt the cramp. It was the worst thing I felt. But it came fast n end fast. Before I cn wake my hubby, it was gone. I told my hubby in the morning and he said tat I better stop driving, in case it happens on the road. Anyone cn advice whn shld we stop driving on the roads?

Chris: i asked mi gynae this qn..he said,"can drive all the way.my wife drove herself till the day she delivered to the hospital herself!"

lol! but i tink once the bb movement is very obvious n hard,We shouldn’t be driving anymore coz of the reflex reaction we may have. kinda dangerous.

Back