(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

shan - yup, is very cheap. It was recommended by my ex-colleague [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi cutiebb n mymmywong, correct oso hor, maid can learn.. Thx...

Btw saw this in "mind ya body"

http://www.yoga.org.sg/class%20schedule.htm

but v far n incovenient from my pl leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

848 us which? But I know only got 1 popiah stall rite?.. Hee yup I occassional hv tat for dinner de, it's nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam, tahan... grin and bear it. U always have us to vent to!!

Tonight, it's raining in Taipei, cannot go to the night market. So ate a simple dinner and come back early.

I am thinking should I get a baby cot or just buy a playpen for the baby? heard that their baby generally don't like to sleep in cot, so it ended being a white elephant. i am also thinking can they sleep on queen size bed will they roll here and there ??

Jollymummy: I'm a lightweight. Was 40kg pre-pregnancy, now at 17 weeks is only 42 kg. My sister is the same size as me. Both her babies were born (term) with a weight of ard 2 kg, both ended up in NICU for minor complications. I don't gain weight easily, so a bit worried. My practioner keeps telling me that I'm the weight of a 10 years old in US.

Cheerios - Ay, arizona is so far from me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] How's the weather over there? I'm glad to hear that you've had a gd experience with your #1. I check yesterday, they would encourage natural birth as far as possible. Any reason why u are considering returning home for #2?

Bam - ren!!! 4 months maternity, not worth sacrificing for a silly colleague.

Bing - your MS will be double cos ur hormones almost double ours. hang in there.

Those who don't like yogurt, can try frozen yogurt, like ben and jerry's and haagen-dazs. Taste like ice cream.

novembaby - I am in the same case as u.. 43kg pre-pregnancy, now at 16+ wks and 46kg now. But so far gynae says bb's growth is on track.

So let's not worry lah.

bam - jiayou!! Hang in there, for the sake of 4 mths maternity!

Bam:

jiayou. Don't be too upset over work issue. Sometime work also beyond our control. Currently bb is much more impt.

Ptb7476:

for #1 I just buy playpen cos I m currently staying over mil place. No place to put a permanant cot. Playpen will be more flexible. When he turn to a yr old he reject to sleep in playpen so we place a mattress on the floor for him. So I also dun know where my #2 k sleep.

piggydog - We jia you together. I aim to gain abt 8 kg, so keep telling myself that I've got 2 kg down, only 6 more to go. Must remind myself to eat.

Jollymum: Childcare school like kind- music, story, art etc whatever deems fit. K, noted about playdates, should do it soon. Are you keen in watching plays with your kid?: )I'm very mobile and I travel to the east quite often so quite used to the distance.

Koori: Can understand your tiredness, remember to take time off for a breather. Well, there's always weekends that we can look forward to, maybe can also arrange playdates. : )

Bam: Lots of petty people out there. Sorry you had to meet one. Cheer up! You have your super long weekend, don't let this person or matter spoil it! The most important thing now is to remain steady and calm for your baby, don't let the negativities affect her. Stay happy and cheerful for baby. You can do it! : )

NovemBB: Sorry to hear about your worries, 6 months to go and you can make a difference. Be strong and fight the heriditary factors. Anticipating it is inviting it to happen. Stay cheerful, keep thinking about the joy of being pregnant and visualise what kind of baby you want. Positive thoughts=positive baby! : ) C'mon, jia you! We mothers or mothers-to-be are resillient and can make changes! : ) On one hand, something you can be happy about is you don't put on weight easily. I'm your opposite, I put on very fast during preg! : p

BTW, Which part of states are you in?

PTB: First 3 months can but once they can flip, falling off bed is a matter of time. Also, sleeping in with baby does have risks, especially when both husband and wife are sound sleepers. We will be quite tired first few months especially if there are night feeds.

Maybe a convertible playpen in your room is more feasible?

novembaby:

i'm 38kg before pregnant and now only 40kg (15weeks). my gynae alw told me no problem, as long as the baby is growing. but, hearing from your sis's story, i'm also a bit worried.. i don't know what else i can do, i ate many meals per day, im still hardly gaining weight.

one of my gfs told me, eat durian can gain weight easily. too bad i don't like durian at all! mummies, any other tips?

Juv06:

sory i duno how to do the setting for private msg. can u send to my email: sweet21_forever@hotmail dot com. thanks!

Tks Jo, staying positive. I don't think too much abt hereditary problems. Just a bit more cautious since my sister has such experience. U don't worry abt your weight, k? It'll go off after delivery. I'm currently based in Pennsylvania.

Wow, nana, u are even lighter than me! Don't let my sister's problem worry you. As long as we have proper nutrition during this period, we should be alright. Ya, my sis gyne also ordered durians for her, told her to eat 2 whole fruits a day. Hmm, i eat more ice cream now.

Nana (nana17):

I'm now at my 14 weeks and already gained 4 kg. I'm worried that I may be overweight. Don't worry too much since your gynae said there is no problem.

I read one article from the June'10 issue of "Mother & Baby". Celebrity Vivan Lai only gained 7kg for her 2nd pregnancy. So it seems like is normal as long as your baby is growing.

I heard that take ice-cream can also gain weight. hehe~

Good morning mummies, so good today can wake up so late and surf net so early haha~ kids are out with my mum, hubby is away for a bacholor party in Bali and here I am lazing...

I see the threads here until i blur liao.. so many and due to my work i hardly got time to surf net my facebook games now also managed by my friend :p so mummies if i missed out on anything pls pardon me.

Do u guys got any suggestion for this super long weekend? i am husbandless but 2 kids with me and his car also with me hahah so I can go anywhere thot of checking out the TCM Bing suggest then go check out some prices for Twin Strollers and carseats.. I need to get another 2 newborn one..

Thinking of second hand one...

Nana ar, my eye nearly pop out when I saw your weight wor 38KG i wish I also 38kg then I will eat all i can hahaha but den me no appetite now... my appetite is for rubbish food so I dun wan to succumb to it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yar Eat durian can gain fast I heard yesterday from my colleague, she gain 22kg becos she love durain during her pregnancy.

Mind over matter watever goes in will be good only for Baby (maybe jus 1 treat a day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Bam ar, dun worry life is not a bed of roses and if ppl are not nice den someone up there can see one then what goes arnd comes arnd; dun bother about idiotic ppl... grit your teeth and charge ahead be neutral k.

Bing, thanks for your address for the TCM, later i call and make appt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I saw somewhere inside here got ppl organisinng the Pilates in the East, can i get more info? I stay in the East but is Pilates too "siong" for pregnancy anot? I did the TV version after i deliver my 1st kid. kindda works to shrink my tummy but core muscles very sore...

Oneegg...does your 1st kid reject sleeping in playpen...read from somewhere they dun like cos it is too hard

Jo ..no the bb wont be sleeping with us.. i have a guest room with a queen size bed...the baby can have the whole bed to him/her self :p

I heard avocado can do the job too in helping gain weight, since it's the fattest fruit. My colleague just told me this yesterday when I was drinking my avocado milkshake, and I couldn't bear to drink the remaining half and threw it away. Scared to gain too much fat!

Novembaby:

No wonder you are worried. But that 10yr old US kid is surely obese! I don't remember weighing that much when I was 10, even though I'm on heavy side now.

Has your practitioner given you any advice to allay your fears?

I believe that when we have balanced meals, our babies will be fine and healthy.

Perhaps you can try drinking Anmum - milk powder for preggies mixed with water?

I took that daily for #1, ended up with 3.8kg baby! But I only gained 6kg throughout 1st pregnancy.

I consulted my gynae early in pregnancy on my diet, as I'm attempting VBAC, so size of baby plays a part to a cerain extent, but thank goodness my gynae is not fixated on weight of baby to allow a VBAC attempt.

He said Anmum contains lots of sugar, other than the nutrients listed (like DHA, etc), so my baby might end up bigger. Thus he advised me to take low fat milk or skim milk instead. =)

Jo:

I'm open to watching plays as long as don't burn hole in pocket.

But more concerned if my tot can sit still, and keep quiet throughout. Is it a play for young kids?

Can email me to arrange but my schedule is tricky too due to June hols.

My email addy is [email protected]

Hear from you soon! =)

Amber:

I'm organising the Pre-Natal Pilates for interested mummies here, not restricted to Eastern mummies only. =)

We have a few interested mummies and they come from all over the island - North, East, West.

Thus I'm sourcing for a convenient location for all at an affordable price. Waiting for some studios to get back to me now.

Also, we need at least 4 or 5 mummies to come together if we need to form our own private group.

If you are keen, do let me know. Is Sat aftn ok for you?

Jollymummy thanks for organising. I really tink its good to do some form of exercise esp in our state [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yup do let me know sat is ok for me. Even beta if its in the East hehe...

Amber:

U r welcome! Which part of East are you in?

Yes, I feel Pilates will strengthen our back and pelvic muscles to prepare us better for delivery. =)

Jollymummy - But mine will have to be c-section cos this is twinbirth and moreover the last 2 has been c-section.. actually wanted to exercise so I wont get back problem also to tone up in case i store too much fats hehe

I stay in Joo Chiat area.. how about you?

Jollymummy - Yup, they have plenty of chubby kids ard. They are not too worried abt my weight, they think i'm on track. Annum milk / maternal nutrition is only sold in Asia Pacific, I can't get any in US.I'm drinking regular milk.I can't have too big a baby, don't think the baby can come out naturally.

You are trying for VBAC for this current birth?

Jollymummy, im a working mom..whom work on shift. Tho sometimes i needa to work on sat, but can probably try to swap if its my turn. Anyhow, ive check the communitycenter, neither seems ot have any prenantel pilates.. hmm...

NovemBB: Trust that you will. We are with you! : ) Pity, my friend is in SFO, otherwise she wouldn't mind getting in touch with you. She is also preg, but delivering in aug. Another friend of mine, who has the same weight as you, gave birth to a 3.1kg baby, She had MS for 5 months and put on only 8-9kg overall! Ok, I will not think so much about my weight! I really will pray hard that all will disappear! : p Oh ya, check out Abbott's product. there is one for women, but I can remember. Saw it on the US website if I didn't remember wrongly.

PTB: Wah! A queen size bed by him/herself! : ) Lucky baby!

Nana: Eat oily fish. the omegas will be good for you and baby. Drink full cream milk, milk shakes. Eat choc cake, chic rice, roast duck rice, sushi, sashimi etc! Go for a feast at any buffet![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Amber: Go National museum. There are free activities and children plays going on too. Some of the activities like hands on doddling, puppetry... can just leave kids there and you relax in one corner to do your own stuffs! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Weather so hot, the air-con there is great! ;)

Nottoz: Avocado has good fats and they are good for us preggies too- silky hair and skin for baby and us. The fat wont make us fat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jollymum: Yes, children plays. I think the plays are very creatively done and are very colourful, what's more, they have good teaching values. So far, the ones I've seen are good and my girl can sit through even if it's 1 hour. She enjoys them. I don't go for every play but choose a few good ones to watch. Each play is normally 45mins-1hour. Ok, noted about your email. There is one coming up in end June, I'll email you details once I have them.

Oh ya, regarding the buggyboard, if I'm not wrong, the board cannot be attached to a light-weight stroller. I checked with mothercare, they don't carry Combi stuffs so they don't know but they don't mind you bringing it to the shop to try out. So, why not go check it out at the flagship stores?

Oh, btw, did I read that you are going for VBAC this time? Did you have c-section for #1? Me too! My gynae said if all is well for this, I can do VBAC. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The last time, baby's head couldn't engaged cos placenta blocked the way. So shall see this time... Ha ha ha... coincidentally, my #1's birth-weight was also quite close to yours- 3.72kg at 38 weeks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Amber: FYI, I was at Mothercare just now and the guy told me that by July, there may be new brands and models of twin strollers arriving. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have heard about drinking lots milk & durian to gain weight too. Moreover, it's nutritious.

Jollymummy / clover: thanks for organising! =D if it is convenient and both timing doesnt clash. i hope to attend both or either one.

for the massage lady, they come to house to massage rite? so many of u already confirm! i cant wait to do the same too! do they massage for baby as well?

Morning Mummies!

Take care mummies; I'm off to Lombok for a short break. Hope that those going for tests will have great results and that all babies will grow healthy.

I'll be going for my amnio test the day after I get back from my hols. Hopefully my test result will be fine as well. Chat again and have a great weekend!

hello mummies,

Wow reading abt mums at 15-16weeks and weighing only 38 or 46 kg makes me so envious. Before pregnancy i already almost double ur weight... Jiat la.... Envy mums who are slim with only a bulge on their tummy. Arms slim slim leg slim slim... How i wish i had that kind of genes too.. Unfortunately i'm the opposite kind. Taller than average bigger built then average... The kind that fit better in an ang moh society than in sg.

For mums who are big framed like me, those that usually wear L to XL kind. If u are looking for cheaper alternatives to nice maternity clothes, do try the US sites. I tried for the first time and ordered mine from oldnavy and Gap maternity. Fits very well. Do read the reviews on the pieces that you want, it helps you to better estimate which size u should get. I bought M size and the size is good considering that i'm a local size 12-14 at topshop or dorothy perkins and my bra size is like 36c/d pior to pregnancy... Vpost has some promos from credit cards for shipping as well so worth considering. After postage and coversion.. Each maternity dress cost me like 45 dollars compared to the ones in sg that cost like 90+ and dun look as good. Worth considering.

lovebyte08,

i also like u.. i m those big build kind. keep hearing my frens losing weight during pregnancy.. but i kept putting on weight. i so scare after pregnancy cannot slim down eh...

Angel,

Enjoy urself for the holiday!!

good luck to u!! pls remember to rest well after the procedure.

Hi all MTB

Hope everyone result turn out to be good! =)

Just had my blood test today. Gynae say no call mean good news! *pray pray*

And found out my gender le. hehe. gynae say can see xiao xiang jiao! haha. he say 90%. So mean more or less is a baby boy? Now i'm in my 16 weeks le.

Jas,

congrats on knowing the gender!!

*nervous* gonna see bbC on tuesday... n i am gaining alot of weight this month!! sure kena scolding from gynae...

Hi Lovebyte ...at least you are tall...i am fat and short..haiz..before preg i am already 64kg ...after preg in 13th wk...i am 68kg ...my gosh... i cannot imagine my final weight when due and how am i going to lose those weight...sob sob and because of my overweight ...in risk of diabetic and BP haiz...

Holly and PTB7476, its okay.. We will all motivate each other to slim down after pregnancy ok. Hugs hugs... Just think that our babies will gave a more cushy space to live in for the 9 months. More comfy and warm to sleep in.

lovebyte,

i put on 15kg for my 1st pregnancy. n he was a premie. 15kg in 7 mths. quite bad u know. i only manage to loose everything when my boy was 18 mths old. n den haven enjoy too long, preggy again... i very worried abt this time's weight gain lo..

Amber:

Oh I see! May I ask if your 1st 2 kids are singletons, and why did you have to go thru c-sect?

My #1 also c-sect but going for VBAC under current gynae who's known to be pro-natural.

I'm living in Pasir Ris. =)

Novembaby:

Yes, attempting VBAC for #2. It's not easy to find dr who's pro-VBAC here, as most of them will set a limit on baby's weight and play the macrosomia card on us.

Sometimes the small frame ladies can give birth naturally to normal size babies. It's not what is outside that counts, but what's inside. i.e. your pelvic bone area. But nature usually does not pair Asian mummies with Nordic sized babies, but exceptions do occur. I just read abt an Asian's mummies who gave birth NATURALLY to her 4th baby who weigh 4.5kg in Singapore! If your practitioner can monitor your baby's weight regularly, it should be fine and you won't get any surprises in the end. =)

Mrs Lee:

Hi, thanks for checking! Is your friend still keen? Where's her location?

OrangeBB:

Sure, what's your location? Is Sat aftn ok for you?

=)

Jo:

Both of us got big babies! Yes, I'm glad to say I'm gonna go for VBAC this time. My 1st baby didn't engage, like yours. Reason unknown. Until now, I've not gotten over it.

My previous gynae for #1 didn't give me any conclusive reason other than the baby might be too big or my pelvis is too small.

Well, previous gynae said I can attempt VBAC only IF baby is not too big. So what's too big?? I didn't bother to ask the weight limit bec of her attitude on the day of c-sect.

She saw that I had cried, red eyes and all and said: "Aiya, don't take it so hard lah!" It all sounded like it doesn't matter at all, but she forgot I'm a 1st time mummy and a c-sect is a major op. But it's all in a day's work for her. Of course I didn't go back to her for #2.

I've spoken to another mummy using other gynae who dare to shift the "goal post" at 32wk! At first it was a limit of 3.2 kg for baby, then at 32 wk, limit was decreased to 3kg!!! She changed gynae after that.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I tried to educate myself by reading up after that. I've found reasons like "big baby", "small pelvis", "dystocia = failure to progress". But tell that to a doula or midwife and they probably won't support these reasons. They believe that every woman has the ability and women need to believe that they can birth their babies naturally.

I was induced 3 days after full term as previous gynae said there's risk of meconium from baby. I think my body was not ready for the induction, as baby still did not engaged. So went for c-sect 8hrs after my waters broke at dr's advice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My current gynae said my previous labour seemed a tad short - 8hrs only, and dilated only 2-3cm.

Hopefully I will have a spontaneous labour this time round, as induction is extremely dangerous for mummies like us due to risk of womb rupture.

But gynae has assured me he'll teach me how to spot signs of rupture and if baby is taken out within 30min by c-sect, baby will be perfectly fine. Using epidural is fine, can still feel pain if got rupture. I feel safe to attempt VBAC under him. But he might be going on holiday end of year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope I didn't bore you with my story. =)

Thanks for checking the compatibility for Combi stroller and buggyboard at Mothercare for me! I'll bring the stroller to Harbourfront one day and ask them abt the buggyboard. =)

Back