(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

zuen/xin> yeah 50 times at a go..the max so far..i actually did the count out for bo liao-ness ytd..cause i've been seeing him alot..but nv bothered to count..

shall video it down and let u all see..~

Handsome = Ian dao ma, correct. Yes she definitely like to jump here and there.

Xin, I dunno yet.

hi all

my boy dont know how to jump yet. daryl seems to be slow in this area - flip over also just master it last month. I will just let him develop on his own pace. But he sure know how to tip toe to reach for stuff like remote control or hp placed on table [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

lilac, I notice he teething again! its happy and sad event for me as he may be cranky all over again.

Pinching n scratching - my son can join the club too. I blue black for days from his pinching. I will get my mom to trim his fingers nails short every week to lessen his scratching gong li.

Sleeping - my hubby is the 1 who succeeded to train daryl to sleep by patting - he took only 3 sleep session. Realy glad as I tried plenty of times but failed.

Occasionally I still need to carry and rock him a bit before putting him down on our bed to pat (which he will also turn and toss around quite a bit).

after he slept then I move him to his baby cot.

Xin,

By the time I finished latching, Isaac will be in dreamland liao. No opportunity for me to put him down to pat him lor.

Re: Waking up in the night

Isaac is torturing me. He had been waking up 2x per night since Sunday. The previous night, he woke up and refused to sleep for an hour, wanting to play. I actually saw his eyes twinkled and he smiled at me. *palm-face*

Last night he slept at 9pm and woke up at 11+pm and 1+am! I surrender and my mum was kind enuff to help take over while I crawl back to bed. Duno what happened to him.

Morning mummies n Ian,

Zuen:

Oh. So after u latch then he'll be asleep Liao har. Em. Then I also dunno hw leh. Mb wen u decide to wean him off the breast then he'll slowly learn to sleep in his cot? Or try during daytime naps?

I'm also so tired today. Kayden decides to wake up every 2 hours last night. Not tat he's hungry. Cos he flipped n woke up. Usually once he flipped he'll wake up Liao. Got to unflip him n pat him bk to sleep lor. Haiz. Tired from bending over his cot to pat him.

Mb issac is having growth spurt? Think someone mentioned that growth spurt at 9 mths? Hopefully our babies can be guai guai n not wake up so often.

I hope KaydEn can be bk to normal n sleep well.

Goodie Morning. TGIF [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies and ian. it's friday! looking forward to the weekends. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple,

haha! wouldn't it be good if babies come with a manual and whenever they cry or make noise we can refer to manual for 'troubleshooting'? :p can minimize a lot of headaches if we can read their minds! hee hee...

hope hebe will be okay. don't worry so much. usually IFC and CC will have SOPs in handling these kind of contagious disease outbreaks, just like when got HMFD.

ian,

xavier is really cute! he has this little professor look. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zuen,

does issac sleep a lot in the day? if keep on like that maybe need to monitor his nap times.

apple, not yet in 3rd tri. will be 24 weeks this weekend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] feeling great, just easily tired out 'cos getting heavier. really looking forward to october now!

morningg mummies!~ TGIF [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jac> at one glance..he got the very 'gek siao' look!!

Morning Handsome. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ian,

like father like son lah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/biggrin.gif] cannot be from your wife right? hee hee!!

jac,

No wor. Isaac sleeps really little, bith in the day and night. He goes to sleep at 9pm and wakes up once or 2x in the night. He wakes up atbout 6+ or 7+am. So that is about 9 to 10 hours of sleep.

In the day, he takes either 2 or 3 naps and on bad days, the combined nap is less than 2 hours! I read that babies this age should have about 11.5 to 15 hours of sleep a day. Looks like Isaac is not getting enuff sleep. Like that how tp grow up leh?

As compared to his jiejie, he is such a lousy sleeper. Dd slept thru from 6th months onwards and can take those solid 1 - 2 hours nap in the day.

Hmmm.. come to think of it, is it the case that boys are generally lousy sleepers?

Mummies with boys, how are your boy's sleeping pattern?

Zuen, my Lucas sleeps from 7-7... Daytime naps ranges from 2-3hrs combined on a good day. He takes 2 naps daily on weekdays. Weekends, naps are totally screwed up. He's a lousy napper. Needs to hug and pat. But at night he can selfsooth to sleep. My older boy used to take better and longer naps when he was a baby. both slept through the night after they hit 3/4 mths.

My baby is such a vampire! He just bit my shoulder yesterday! And the other day he drew blood when latching. Urrrggghhh

Hi Zuen

My baby sleeps v little during the day too ... Good days 1-2 hrs but not one shot. 30-45 min sessions. Bad days its power naps of 5-15min n less than one hour for entire afternoon. His bed time at night is 9ish n lately he will sleep thru w/o midnite feed n last til 6-7+am. Will eh eh 1-2 times but can pat him back to sleep..

Zuen:

Kayden doesn't sleep well in the day. Got to carry him n rock him bk to sleep so that he can sleep longer stretch.

He takes a short 30-45mins nap after his bath at 9am and then noon nap from 12 to ard 2.30pm.

After that no more naps till he sleeps latest by 7.30pm

So far he can sleep till about 4/5/6+am before wake up. Sometimes he'll make some noise but goes back to sleep himself. Only if he flips then he'll wake up. Just got to unflip him n pat him lor. If he's too awake then I'll give some milk n pat him bk to sleep. Usually the whole process takes abt 1 hr.

Not sure if boys are lousy sleeper. But Kayden can't sleep well in the day. Easily awaken by any noise.

Zuen:

One more thing. Not sure if u wanna try. But since I'm feeding bottle nowadays. I tried adding cereals into his milk before he sleeps. Dunno if it helps but I'm trying out to see.

Mb u wanna bottlefeed n add a bit of cereals into the milk? See if it helps to make issac fuller n mb wun wake up so many times?

my boy sleeps v little during the day. Good days nap 1-2 hour mostly after porridge & bath. bad days nap 0-30 mins.

Normal sleep time is 9 pm (but if no naps in pm then likely 8 or 8.30 pm). Likely wake at 12 am for feed. Good night will sleep till 6 am for feed (bad nights will wake up 3 or 4 am for additional feed), 9am feed . He usually wake up at 8 plus for his daily poo.

At night he need not pat, just feed and he will go back to sleep but nap - must pat (usually plus carry a bit).

Weekends all pattern messed up as we mostly out.

Haiz, apparently Isaac isn't e only bad napper. Just latched him and he is in lala land. Hopefully just wake up once tonight. Me crossing fingers n toes.

Xin,

I only get to latch him once before he slps so I am not intending to change e last latch to bottle fed so soon. Moreover, I heard that it is not good to put cereal in bottle, risk of choking, I think. Most of the times when he wakes up, I dun think he is really hungry cos sometimes he will be aslp w/o latching for long.

Zuen:

Oh. Din know that adding cereals got risk of choking leh. So far he's ok with drinking the milk with cereals. Shall take note.

Good tat u still get to latch issac.

I've completely stopped bfing already. Kayden is on full FM now. Kind of miss the times wen he latch. But well, nw that stop already also good la. Gonna try for another baby soon. Breast no longer engorged or full.

good morning mummies!

toys

mummies, can anyone recommmend?

re: drinking milk w cereals

do alot of mummies do that? does bb really sleep through the nite?

naps

bb naps twice about 2-3 hours total

apple,

how's Hebe?

starry

saw your fb pic showing tummy. nice and round... =)

mummies have a good weekend!

Hi zuen, looks like our boys have similar problem; eczema and sleep. My boy also sleeps very little in the day. 20min each time maybe 3 times a day. At nite I latch him but try to talk to him while latching so tat I can put him into his cot while he is still awake at ard 830. But night time still wake up at 12 then 5 if lucky, if not 3am. At 12 i feed him bottle then the next time he wake up i no energy to make milk liao. Just brin him into bed n latch him.

The trachers in hin ifc also say he sleep damn little but no matter wat they do, he wont sleep even if súper tired. They say he got a lot of character!!!! Haha

My boy sleeps abt 2 hr nap each time once in morning once in noon everyday and he will make noise to sleep at 730-8pm. Which j give a bottle of milk with cereals and hopefully will last till 130am and he will need to dreamfeed if not will turn n roll until he waits up. And another feed at ard 5am and after that just pray hard he can sleep till 7. If not will wake up at 6 to play!

I come to a conclusion that tiger baby r not so sleep needed. My piggy ds#1, can sleep much longer and deep sleeper. This tiger a little sound also cannot! Maybe it's the animal character hahhah...

jadefeet:

Our tigers hv almost e same pattern only mine will nap 3 times during e dat but ard an hr or an hour n a half each time, sometimes much less. Sadly his days of sleeping through the night are over. He will like urs toss n turn till he wakes up if he isn't dreamfed.

Morning mummies. It's monday again.

My Darius also sleeps.very little.2 naps of 30 min.to max an hours.

At night he can stay awake until 10 pm wor. Need to off.all the.light until room pitch black. So dark I fell asleep before he sleeps. he got flu from his.big brother. Fed.him medicine and he slept 2 hours straight. So happy

Morning mummies & Ian

Huhu lately my Josie has not been sleeping overnight too.. Don't know what's wrong with her..

And most of the time she will cry if I'm not the one hug her to sleep.

Just wondering, how did mummies train the baby to sleep by him/herself?

Right now I still need to hug her to sleep, otherwise she'll just stand in her cot, play, and then cry.. I've tried to pat her, keep putting her to sleep position but she'll immediately struggle to wake up and stand on her cot railings..

this one also

Fits 9-12mths bb. Sleeve elastic band abit tight.

I got it from another mommy in the WTS Section for $15

Interested can PM me!

selling for $10

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5717178.jpg]

Good Morning Mummies and Daddy

Trust everyone had a good weekend.

Subject on sleeping....

Caelan has never sleep through the night. The best record was 12mn to 5am. Recently, he is waking up every 3 hrs. 11+, 3am and 6am. Most of the time he wants to play and not sleep at 6am. We are so so tired.

We try to intro him FM similac and he rejects it.... only way to make him drink is dream feed. add in his daily cereal, he will eat.... Once this tin is finished, we will try enfrapro. Hopefully can find one that he will not reject cos my FBM is dipping as I was away for business trip and having been throwing bm...

Mil did comment that bb born in the early morning, will be a night baby. So far it is true for cae, he is born about 2am....

Ian, your Xaiver very active! Cae doesn't jump that much but he can't sit still at one place to play for more than 5 mins. He loves to move around.

Loca,

How is your biy's eczema? Issac's skin seems to be improving quite a fair bit and he doesnt get flare ups that often. Howevere, I am not sure if it is bcos of the moisturiser that we put on him or that he is simply growing out of it.

My mum is also complaining big time about him no sleeping.

Jadefeet,

Envy. I will laugh if Isaac can sleep like that. He is super alert. the slightest noise and he will be up kpo-ing.

Jiejie is a rat but she sleeps very well to leh.

Mummies with girls, are your babies good sleeper and nap-per?

Zuen,

I think tiger is predator in nature hence the ears like super radar, a little noise like whispering also cannot.. Me n hub has to sign language in the room.

Lil tigers' sleeping pattern !!! I think it's their hunter's instinct. hehehe. Ivan whines quite a bit when he is unable to complete his toss/turn. Will escalate into a major tantrum if he doesn't find the space he wants quickly. -.-"

Noonie mummies and daddy!

I'm feeling so so sleepy now.

Jadefeet: Your ears like super radar statement so funny! I so agree. If my boy is about to fall asleep but if he hear some noise his daddy make from the next room, immediately he will spring up and eyes wide open looking at the direction of the next room!

Hello all!

I totally agree with the hunters ears! I moved out of his room after 2 mths cos I find that he gets awakened by my movement in the room in the wee hours! N now in the mornings, he usually dun make noise til he hears movement outside (we closed his room door)

How to stop the baby from biting huh? He's been biting me every time he latches! Super painful!

Also, mummies who bought stuff on gmarket...how to stop the pictures from scrolling? Kind of hard to buy the stuff when the pic keep jumping to the next.

Jadefeet,

Haha, I tot Isaac is just plain kpo. ;p

So, it is the tiger instinct huh.

Emmie,

Isaac bites me less now. The solution? Dun latch when he doesnt want to drink. Hohoho.

Zuen, he wants to drink! That's the prob! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Kind of sayang to give up BFg because of this reason...

Good Morning Ian and Ladies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Went CCI symposium yesterday and saw Minster Lim Swee Say....

Emmie, ur boy boy really like a small vampire. Hope you are recovering fr the vampire bite.

gsm, Hebe is good. very active and smiley too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jadefeet, yar me and Hb have to sign lang too when she zzz on the bed.

Hu everyone!! Been silently reading once in awhile cos super busy!! Then wanna post too but somehow whenever I wanna post, something will crop up!! Just put grace down for her am nap so quickly post now!! Her timing getting quite screwed up! Imagine taking her nap now, later sure wake up at 1+ for lunch. A bit late for lunch right?? She has been waking up at 8 plus lately. Used to wake up at 7+ but over the last few weeks she sleep late and wake up late too. Gone were the days. Can put her to sleep at 9. Now it's 10+!! Sooo late.

Talking abt waking at night. Grace does that too. She woke uP to play at 4 tis am!! If she doesn't fully wake up, she will eh eh. Last time can sleep right thru. Sigh babies have too many pattern pattern. I pray for the sleep right thru cycle to come back soon!

And she is still the bogeh queen!! No teeth yet!! I've been blaming all the pattern pattern on teething but this teething is taking too long!!

I rem some time ago the topic was on poo. Grace poo like 4x a day!! I was worried initially but am glad to know that other bbs also pop often. Can I just check on the colour of yr bb poo? Grace's is dark green or shades of green. Is that ok?? She does that veg and fruits during most meals. I was wondering if I feed her too much. She has 3 meals and 4 milk feed of 180ml.

Morning mummies Ian,

Forum is rather quiet lately.

Mummies who are carrying their babies to sleep, how do u manage? My arms n legs are aching from all the carrying n rocking. My boy very heavy nw.

If dun carry during daytime he can't sleep. Tried patting him but he refused n cried.

Hi everyone.. !

Nap/sleep

my boy also not a good sleeper n gets distracted by sudden noise. He can sleep by himself at some occassion but usually if everyone is not moving n he cannot see that we r awake too. If he sees any of us ard n awake, he will become so fresh n wants to play!!

During the day i on radio and at night i played a cd throughout till morning during his sleep so he is ok n not get distracted too much.

My mum said i was like that too. V light sleeper n she played an oldies cassette when i am sleeping. Till now i remember the lyrics of all the songs in the cassette. Lol

Goody afternoon everyone. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ann - my frd's sis also told me to do that for my boy but I'm afraid he will need music to sleep throughout his life. So for your personally, do you need music in order to sleep?

Metta

I dont need music to sleep but i like music! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Prefer to listen to music throughout the day but can live without it.

My boy is also ok when we dont have the music around, only that he is more easily distracted when sleeping.

I see it just as a mean for him to learn to go back to sleep by himself, just like giving him white noise Addicted to music also ok le.. (in my opinion) wahaha..

During the day i expose him to different kind of music but at night im sticking to clssicals.

If not v jialat, like my nephew, only want ONE particular nursery rhymes to be plyed over n over again when he is sleeping. :$

N he is sleeping with his parents. Cant imgine being his parents lo.

morning mummies!~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yeah my final results are out..got what i wished for..no regrets..hehe

Back