(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Ann

It's tulip season now! Yay!

Go for the experience lor! When niko is older it will b diff to travel far! Don't think so much about the routine ! Confirm sure have jet lag session ! Let them adjust themselves ..usually they adjust quite well from the 3rd day onwards[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Go for it ! You just need 1thick winter clothes m the rest of ling sleeves n leg Warmer..

My HB came bk from Amsterdam yesterday morning ! He said is still cold but it wasn't tat bad cos air is still !![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bblibran:

Get the blue desitin. Its called Desitin creamy. Make sure the area is really dry before you apply the desitin - else you are locking in the moisture and making the rash worst. If diaper rash persists, do change diaper brand as your bb may be sensitive to that brand.

Starry:

The gold one nicer.

Metta:

My hubs' practice is that if its seller's fault, seller bear all exchange/return delivery charges. If its customer's fault (e.g. like change mind, buy wrong size), customer bear exchange/return delivery charges and is subject to acceptance. So I think the seller shld bear the postage.

xin:

u start u cannot stop de wor. online shopping is addictive. The other week when i was under stress over my maid going home, I started shopping and bought $200+ in like a day. But its household stuff lah.

Wahaha

Seabreeze..

I love ur energy.. make me feel really wanna go whne u said u'd go with 3 kids.. lol..

Starry

Im scared to take long flights alone.

Ah really want to go now! Haha.. will talk to hubby when he got back home how n see what we can do.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry

ur hubby n u are so cute.

Princess

U r also funny

U wonder why meghan doesnt like ur il but put smiley behind.. hhaha..

fifi,

the gold one gets the most votes so far. :D i will check out the price and see how. you are right abt online shopping. darn addictive!! i was just online last night and bought an ed hardy jacket for my girl. hoho!! can't stop.

starry, seabreeze

Dunno le? I'm puzzled too! She turn blue!! Tat bad okay !! Only my MIL!!

The girls c my il more than my parents ! Just now my parents came .. She chuckled n play lor, Like normal then my il came shd just freaked out le...

As usual Mil said ling time nvr see....???!!! But funny le! Even my maid oso said... Only ah Mah but noone else ![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]???

She then said we didn't go bk for 2weeks! I was like .. Hello! Bb was sick n HB not around ! ?? Anyway she full of reasons !!! Bth her!

ann,

try once and you will know not so bad? don't nv know yeah? maybe niko would love flying. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: hubby

sometimes love him to bits, sometimes wanna slaughter him! ^^

Princess d

Yes i love tulips... want to see the flower fest too!!! Looks so nice in photos..

Hubby travelled to holland often n the first time he bought m tulips but need to plant myself in the fridge... it grew mould... !! Lol

Always bring something funny back from there.

Ya hope i wont suffer too much during the adjusting period.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now really excited le. Hahaha..

Maybe a eu baby?? Hope so.. just nice it can b dragin bby too. hope they have cot for him to sleep.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] else cannot le.. hahaha..

Btw.. ur mil looks scarry?? How come that bad?

starry

Everything bad sure comes from me! So good to let them c the difference between them n my parents! Though my empress dowager is fierce but that doesn't make Meghan that frightened !!!!!kekeke

BTH my IL..... My parents invited them for my Sis wedding !! Guess wat she said !!??? Can do go onot? Glad that HB heard n scolded her!! Rude isn't it ??!

Primcess

That is so rude!!!!

My il n my prents also hv some cold war going on..

Huahaha..

But in front still nice to each other.. :p

Ann

All hotels have cot , prior to your FLT,ask ur HB to let the hotel know! They have but might not have enough..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] don't worry too much ! Just go for it!

Lol... Tulips grew mold ! Weather here too hot!

But is pretty!

Lol... I want to know too!!??? How come like dat ??! She shivers n screamed ....

Myb i should bring folded mattress???

Just nice we r going to get it for the playmat (btw we didnt buy the small small world in the end. Too thin according to hubby :p)

Wahaha so many luggage. Hope it will b fun.

Princess

Does jade react the same to ur inlaws??

So funny leh?? I secretly depp down in my heart want to experiemce the same thing...... hahahahha.. so bad. :p

yah! Rude! N she smile! Anyway I answered back !! Yes can don't go ! Doesn't matter but is a formality to inform you. .....

My parents can't b bothered w them la! Lol... My father more interested with the 2girls!!

lucas temp now is 37.3.

just wondering mummies, if u measure temp late at nite & its moderate temp ard 37.5, do u still wake bb up for med?

jac/ann:

i dun like carrots.

only can eat those sweet sweet baby carrots or unless alr mixed in the food i ordered & i lazy to pick out, i'll eat.

hahah. dun care la. must intro a variety of food to lucas, canot be like me!

i'm super fussy eater. i particularly hate those black mushrooms, it can kill me! LOL

europe:

ann, go la. can buy many many bags there le. wowowowowo!!

princess:

wat ur IL did to meghan?

she must hv some scary incidents with ur mil. whahah

jac:

dun worrie, u r not alone!

i oso feel secretly happy when tt happens to my mil. Wahahah!

she always like to push her weight around in how to look aft bb.

when lucas cnt be bother with her, i really had to fight hard to hide my smile! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann

Jade Is a friendly girl ! She is okay with my IL cos we use to stay together ..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. But bcos my patents speaks English , she talks n play barbie with my parents .....

momotan

I won't feed but will check temp again n hour later to make sure it didn't go up further !

Dunno la, maybe things they have said n I'm not aware of??

Hi mummies,

Been MIA for this week. Was so busy n no time to post,only managed to browse through. Today took leave m brought Claudia for 6 mth check n jab. She's 66cm and 7.5kg =) Happy to know that she's growing n gaining weight even though she's not interested in drinking and eating.

I think she caught a flu yesterday. Dunno from infantcare or cos I brought her out last night. Today was sneezing and got mucus in her nose. She's having difficulty breathing when drinking her milk...haiyo...feel so tempted to use mouth to suck out her mucus for her...haha sound disgusting

Her PD encouraged me to continue to BF cos bb tend to fall sick at IFC. Intended to stop at 6mth but now think I'll continue till 1year. Was in a dilemma initially cos planning to try fot #2 starting from May. But need to BF so have to push back plan. Hubby say no need to plan wat dragon bb,baby's health is more important.

I know it's possibe to get pregnant even when BFing but is it period must return first? Cos my period is still MIA. Does this mean I'm not ovulating? Really hope I can BF and still get preggie with #2 leh...

Starry

So nice of your hubby to buy you a bag. Mine will only nag and say why so many bagsss?!!! Haha...I vote for the 3rd one,gold colour...nice!

Ann

Go with your hubby! go enjoy yourself...we will keep you company online =)

Momotan

Hope Lucas's temp goes down. Did you give him fever med after the jab?

Diveera

Hope Cae gets well soon...HUg hug. Is he pulling out from IFC for good? Is he still on TBF? I saw this BP on childlife colostrum. Asked PD about this but she said no need to give bb multi-vits as BM and FM are enriched with multi-vits to strengthen their immune system.

Sacred Tea

Mummies, how does the tea taste like? I tried Organic Mother's milk tea and dun really like the taste so thinking of switching.

Momotan:

Thanks for the reply on online shopping. Haha. I was browsing thru the BPs and so tempting lOr. Think I'll spend some time again tmr to REALLY look thru wat I can buy. Haha.

Hope Lucas temp stays down n he'll be well.

Fifi:

Nothing to do at hm mah. So can surf net n do online shopping lor. $200+ on household stuffs? Not too bad la if they are necessary items lor.

So wat sites u go to??

Btw, are u in my FB list?? If not can add me? [email protected]

Starry:

If u really like the bag then just go for it lor. Don't care ur hubby la. Haha. Men can nvr understand y we like bags. Anyway u use wat, u like can Liao. He thinks ugly his problem lor. Lol.

Ann, when will u be going over? Mainly the things to bring is clothings and where will nic be sleeping?

Jac, where do u go and see ur Gynae. Glad that u stood up that day and told the nurse off.

Diverra, so ur mil or mother take care is better than in infant care?

Now I am in a dilemma whether to put Hebe in infant care or nanny. Nanny more pros than cons but I just find infant care more structure and can interact leh. Mummies, if given a choice wld ur chose infant care or nanny? Nanny is nearer n more convenaient And cheaper but use sarongs And not much learning.

Jac, thé 2nd or 3rd bag quite Nice.

How comme Will pour Milk into LV?

Ann, CAN let nic wearing 2 layérs. 1 romper anf i full suit. Time pas v quickly on thé plane because got To constantly look out for Him.

Apple, how about putting Hebe with Nanny first till maybe say after 12-14 mths old then put her to childcare?

One of my friend is doing this way. Baby with Nanny till 18 mths then put him in Childcare.

Can this be an option for you?

nycmum, you are planning for your #2 soon ya? Actually if got pregnant, cannot BF ah? Thought still can for a while? How is your milk supply now? Still enough for Claudia?? Are you still taking fenugreek?

So scared tea also to boost milk as well?

I think my boy is growing fast. I still remember he is so tiny during birth. At his 6 mth check and jab, he's weighing 8kg already! And also his 2 teethy coming out...so cute lo...

But my boy scream out his lungs lo! Aiyo..little terror leh!

Morning mummies & Ian!

Jac the first coach bag is very nice! I also wana buy but got sooo many bags Liao coz hb works for Tumi which sells high end luggage n bags so he keeps bringing hm bags which I dun lol but stil gotta use:p I jus saw a coach cross body bag I really like at mbs n I can get disc but I saw on e website that it's frm e men's collection. Dunno y in Singapore it's displayed w women's bags. Now contemplating whether shd get anot...

Sacred tea: I find it really helps but it's really an acquired taste for me because of e herbs tastes. Hard to describe n once I put too much n it was kind of bitter but still swallowed all of it. Also since I started it I find myself feeling quite heaty. Today woke up w a swollen n painful eyelid. Dunno

If it's e tea or the lack of slp.

Online shopping:

Recently started online shopping but somehow I prefer looking at e physical thing. Can feel n examine coz I experienced buying stuff online which looked nice but turned out not nice wen I received it. Ended up in a corner of my cupboard nvr to b touched again. Lucky hb doesn't pay for my stuff so he can't say anything. Hehe.

Any mummies use CIO method to put bb to slp? I kinda modified it so that I'm next to him patting him while he cries and I find it works well for Logan but my il n hb can't stand hearing him cry n wil come n interfere which makes my blood boil. At night I'm e only 1 able to put him to slp n I do it by patting. My mil wil carry him n walk ard til he slp if not feed milk til he slp. All tried e CIO patting method for abt 10 min n gave up wen he started crying then tell me he doesn't wana slp that way. :s vomit blood.

Morning all...

Happy weekend!

Nycmum

Claudia is gonna b tall like ur hubby!!

I think still can bf when preggie, depends on ur condition. jia you!!

Momotan, apple,

thanks for ur suggestions ;)

Bags,

I love to see n touch only, but so far i nv bought an expensive bag for myself. :p im quite a rough person when it comes to bag (coz will dump everything inside), rather have many many cheap bags.. noo need to clean.. dirty n throw away :p

Stella

Im also like u.. usualy after nite milk will ignore him totally.

If he sleeps after latching then good. If not he can wander off for another 30-40 mins.. then i will pat only if he started to close eyes (he is nv really that fussy). Hv been trying for 3 weeks now..

so far he can sleep alone few times only.

Stella:

Usually after wipe down n milk, I'll put baby down n give pacifier n pat him to sleep. So far so good. He nvr cry also leh. Will just slowly fall asleep lor.

Is Logan taking pacifier?

hi mummies and Ian

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Bblin

So fast ur boy has 2 teeth???? Hahahhaa so cute!!!

Stella

I'm long addicted to online shopping! Hahahahhaa

Just bought a KS diaper bag. And hubby bought a KS bag for me for my birthday!!!! Then again... As sahm.. Seldom got time or chance to use [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

For aedan, I'll rock him awhile, once eyes closing, I'll put him down, pat and he will sleep. I hate spending like damn long trying to let him sleep on his own cos I need the time to do my things and other things... And he gets cranky so I rather make him slp quickly so I'll have peace. Haha. Cos by end of day, I've no battery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and he only allows me to put him to slp. My mil and hb can't put him to sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] haiyo

Ann

Think it's good to go try out staying overseas!!!! Hehehe but depends on niko also lah. But since he big boy Liao! I think it's gonna be fun! Then again, if need me to be alone in a foreign land with baby.... While hb works... Hmmmm kinda apprehensive too... Hope you got it thought out Liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stella

i did CIO slowly and gradually over two to three months.

1: carry + pacifier

2: then move to pacifier + patting

3: then no pacifier just patting

4: then progress to currently, just put down on bed, and leave the room.

Ethan goes to sleep after rolling and looking around, sometimes with a little bit of whining which is not real crying, just kind of complaining, not very loud, and doesn't last long either, maybe 5 minutes or 10 minutes. When adopting CIO I think everyone must be consistent. Your hb and il will spoil market if they keep on interfering with your method. Can you lock door when you are doing your patting/CIO? Then they cannot come in and disturb :p

Shin:

U bot a KS diaper bag? Good to use? How much u paid for it?

Was thinking of getting a diaper bag but dunno sld just get those normal kind or branded kind leh.

Which BP or seller u bot from?

Starry, ur Hb also like to shop online or BP?

Momotan, so cute ur Lucas so fast can recognize. Hebe also when put at inf care or nanny place will cry, immediate I carry her or walk out she will be v happy.

xin

Actually I haven't received the bag!

I bought it thinking I can use it as a bag.. As well as diaper bag.. But it's main function is a diaper bag lah. I also have another normal diaper bag which my mum or hb or mil will use

Mummies... Ive a friend, her boy is 10month old.. Recently she having problems making him eat his food. He rejects it or after eating a few mouths... He still struggle then take 30mins to finish a bit... She's worried cos she says her boynot growing much as compared to others of the same age... Any advices for her on how to make her son start eating again??? I dunno how to advise her leh

Ann, haha nice one on jac Hb abt the bags.

Loca, yar, Europe is like that nobody works on weekend or aft office hrs. But I think see the earliest time slot better than see the same one. Really quite inconvenient in Europe.

Ann, rare opportunity, I think u shld go. Believe in yourself u can do it and have fun. Clothes hand wash in hotel. Can surf net in hotel, food wise if really want can bring a v small slow cooker. Flight to and from with baby v fast, plane take off, eat snack, take care of baby, rest for a while baby wake up and cycles repeat, and before u Noe it, u will reach ur destination.

Warm clothings dun need too much cos dun perspire, so dun need to change so often.

Ann, u can request for a cot, most hotels there have bbt cot if have space, but must chose a better hotel first. Dun need to bring travel cot, almost all the hotels I went have baby cots when I request at no extra charge but most ask first in case v cramp really dun have.

Why ur in laws and parents have cold war?

Nycmum, before she start her infant care she dun really fall sick? My aunt not here yet too and I rem that even not return can still ovulate, but I might be wrong. I also wish to get preg when still bf.

Emma: wen I'm putting him to slp I jus close the door. Usually no one wil enter e Rm unless he's crying really loudly. The others dun follow my method at all coz they cant bear to see Logan cry. ESP since mil is main caregiver while I'm at work so she jus follows wat she wants to do. These few weekends I'm having prob coz no one is at hm

Besides me n bb and he wants to be carried n will fuss for more than an hr before he slps n he slps only abt 1/2 to 1 hr each time. Sometimes doesn't fall asleep for near to 2 hrs. It used to b much easier to pat him to slp. Somemore he doesn't take pacifier so even harder to calm.

Bblin, thanks for ur reply. I think can but once I put her with nanny maybe better to stick to nanny and if childcare then childcare cos I scare here and there she cannot adjust.

Btw, think ur boy boy growing well, gd job mummy.

Shin, I am not sure but maybe can ask her try diff variety or texture see her baby will take it?

Ann> I think you should go! Hehe.. My sister last year go to Germany for 2-3 months to follow her husband which is on business trip there.

My sister is very stingy and she managed to survive there. But she doesn't have any kid yet.. I guess still can go and buy cheap meats there. She said meats are cheaper than veggie/fruits.

But the bad thing is her hotel need to pay for internet access, unless if she uses internet in the hotel lobby that has long queue. And there's no free wi-fi everywhere in the Europe. So my stingy sister very rarely go and surf the net and send e-mail to us :p.

branded bags> Haha.. Not into it also! I came from a very stingy family that loves to buy cheap and good things :p. Even when I buy a $60 bag, which I use in 1 year, my sister already complain saying your bag so expensive. Becoz she used to buy <$30 bags, but I know she buy like 3-4 bags every year!! ZZzz..

The only branded item that I've ever bought is Coach's wrislet when I was on business trip to US, but I give to my mum instead of for me to use.

sigh...damn sian! this morning woke up and my boy is running a fever of 38.5deg. Dunno from what also. And his eczema on the body seems to be coming back. And still got LS...

I am getting really worried...since 2wks ago, he has been having some sort of a problem, eczema la, LS la, cough la and now fever again!!! Is this normal?

And today sat so no doc is open at all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ann,

as much as i complain about europe, you should come..

much easier to travel now than with a running toddler i think..Its spring now and its really nice strolling around with bb in the pram or even in the carrier...good opportunity

Loca,

now that it's spring at your side? Could your bb be suffering from hayfever? Allergy to the pollen? LS and cough are allery reaction.

Shin:

Oh. U hv not receive the bag har? Ok. Nvm. U receive already then let me know isit good to use anot. Em. But can let me know which seller so I can go see see look look if got other bags to buy? Hehe. Thanks.

aiyoo..my boy temp 38.8 w underarm thermometer!!! took fever med 3 hr ago, temp never go down lei instead go up!!

i m super worried!!! maybe side effect from e new diarrhea meds.

Jadefeet, i asked doc. they say so young will not be allergic to pollen YET.

Loca:

Is there any 24hours clinic or hospital that u can go to? Think better to go check?

Monitor the temp again n hopefully it goes down. Continue to sponge ur baby.

Hi mummies!!

Apple loca groovy shin

Thanks for the tips n siggestions!!!

I will go!!! Wahaha.

Have told hubby abt it... lets see by tmr how n the planning.

Monday need to apply visa!!!

Apple

Long story short, it seems that because my parents r not rich, his parents find little details unforgivable to them.

Like sending parcel must write full name etc. That time my sil (my bro's wife) is the one sending it. Then just write mr tan, they r so mad abt it, make a very big deal about it.

But at the same time they dont really know my parents birthday, never say anything although my parents birthday n his parents birthday r just few days diff.

But every birthday i must call them like its so important but they dont even know my birthday! For two years call me on 22nd while my birthday is on 23rd. Last year they got it right for the first time lol..

Loca

Comtinue monitor n better go to dr? Is it because of the stomach upset? Hope ur baby gets well soon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back