(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Heres wishing u all a happy n prosperous bunny year! Enjoy yr 1st cny wif yr new babies!

Routine:

Im not so strict on this also. The only thing i stick to is the bathing time and her bedtime. Otherwise i dun really keep track how much she drinks or how many times she naps during e day. But now dat shes bigger, she more or less knows her naptimes +/- 1 hr. Its definitely diff to stick to a routine when u r out or when baby is sick etc. Jus like us adults. So do wat works best for yrself.

Hi mummies & daddy! Hope everyone is enjoying cny!

Routine:

I think it's a really gd idea to hv a routine. Babies need structure to grow well n b happy. This cny holidays hv screwed up all my baby's timings n I see the difference. Past couple of days he has had numerous meltdowns coz he can't slp well w all the visiting and visitors. He's feeding poorly too. I don't follow a very strict schedule but he has his set timings for waking n sleeping. 10 pm bedtime n 7 am rise n shine. In between he stays awake abt 2 hrs n naps between 0.5 - 1 hr with a long 2-3 hr nap in the afternoon. Feeds every 2.5 to 3 hrs depending how long he naps. The shorter the nap the faster he gets hungry. I tried a routine by Tracy Hogg n it does work for my boy but my mil refuses to follow it. Prefering to let baby choose wen he wants to do what. I can't change her mind so I try as much as possible to get his timings as fixed as I can while I'm stil home so hopefully he will adjust his internal clock to e timings himself.

Marrisa n stella:

I agree that somehow bb will need a bit of routine. Usually play for ard 1+hour he's tired already n need a nap. I'll just put him on his bed lor.

Agree that with all the cny travelling, the routine is all haywire n bb is cranky cos not enough sleep. Hopefully it'll go bk to normal come Monday.

Hi mummies,

ANy bb here drinking S26? I have 3 tins of 400gram S26 Stage2 milk powder (expiry date: 19jan2012) for exchange to similac stage2. Pm me if interested thanks

Hi all, I have 400g Mamil Gold Step 2 to let go.

Comes with a $5 discount voucher for subsequent purchase.

Pls PM for details. Thanks.

Zuen:

So good. Only wake up once. I also latch baby but he'll fall asleep on his own after giving pacifier.

Does issac wake up on his own at night but nvr cry for milk? Do u still feed him?

Would like to exchange two similac Mum $3 vouchers for some nipple cream ( sample size or actual size). Pls pm me if interested. Thks.

hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I m from the july 2010 thread . I have the following to sell , please PM me if interested.

1) a BN Lansinoh HPA lanolin for breast feeding mothers. 2Oz. $13\ expiry sept 2011

2) Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags 25pcs. BPA free $8.50

hi mummies, happy new year! i'm from sept thread... i have 1 set of 2 oz baby cubes to let go...new but washed. letting go 1 set cos i bought 2 sets but my mum doesn't like to use it... -_-"

collection at city hall during lunch hrs/ clementi/ cck. pls PM me if interested. thanks.

Morning mummies & daddy!

My impatient little Logan is trying to leopard crawl! Ytd I put him on his tummy to nap n wen he woke up he moved himself to e edge of e bed! So scary! N he gets fed up wen he can't crawl n move anywhere. Legs n arms still not strong enough to make successful attempts all e time. I'm so gonna miss all these small things wen I go back to work next week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning mummies,

Wa. Logan can crawl already? Can he flip? My little boy has been trying to flip n I see also scared lor. The head stretch all the way to the back n then he'll fall asleep in tag position leh.

Melissa,

brought my boy to try the bumbo, too bad he can't fit into the seat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] he has outgrow his rocking chair too, almost touches the floor. How? Any other chair for this boy to sit? Walker?

My boy is least interested in cartoon, he rather watches the maid cleaning the window than watching his cartoon. Haiz, really don't know what to do with baby at home.

Hi all,

Gong xi Gong xi.

Bad flu bug going around. Both my #1 and #2 are sick. #1 got some cross between viral and bacterial infection. So sad...

My boy so far only made 1 successful flip & he's so lazy now to do any new stunts now. Cry so hard to ask me to flip him to his side to sleep. He chuckles too much at night & ended up crying in his sleep. These days he has been standing to bathe & refuse to sit on his bath tub

Claudia:

Ur boy stand to bathe? How? Then how u hold him? Tot now only tip toe?

Mb u can try to get the bouncer kind where he can turn 360 degrees? Saw it at kiddy palace.

Mummies,

How do u all put ur baby to sleep in the day? Lie on bk or?

Baby still startle?? I'm putting my bb on his side for his morning nap. But worried that once he can flip then dunno how leh.

Hello Mummies...

It's my 3rd week back at work, and I already feel that my BM supply is dropping. I'm actually doing shift work. so depending on the schedule, I pump every 4-5 hrs. Cannot increase the frequency le. Used to be able to pump out 180-190ml ... now only 150ml. Think Baby Ivan is on formula for one feed a day. I really hope to TBF leh ... sigh~

Anyone else back at work?? How you coping?

hello mummies! having busy CNY? hope everyone huat huat this rabbit year. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

caris,

you are back to work for more than 2 weeks already?? so fast! i'll only be back to work on 28 Feb. quite bored at home sometimes.. did u try those supplements that will increase milk supply? drink more hot soups during lunch and milo/horlicks etc during tea breaks. but i heard from ex-colleague that milk supply will drop once back to work 'cos of the stress. when are you going to wean baby ivan? by then he won't need so much milk.

claudia,

your boy is big! tiring to carry him now? think u can get fisher price's infant to toddler rocker which can definitely hold your boy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jadelyn made her first successful flip yesterday after much grunting and 'complaints' from her. haha!! but i was watching tv and didn't realize till it was too late that she rolled out of the mattress and onto the floor. dangerous to put her on any high surface now. can get heart attack any time.

ian,

how is xavier? still rejecting milk? jadelyn gonna have her 4th month jab tmr. sobs... fingers crossed tight that she will not be fussy or reject milk like she did tafter her 3rd month jabs.

Starry: I took my ML 2 weeks B4 my EDD, and Ivan decided to be fashionably late. So I'm back to work this early lor. I think we will introduce porridge when Ivan can hold his head steadily. Now he is still a bit wobbly. Meantime, maybe I'll try to take fenugreek again. Ivan is going for his 4th month Vaccine next friday. Think will be more than 1 jab. Heard from colleague that babies are more prone to Fever if taking more that 1 jab. A bit worried... :|

caris,

the doctor told me only 10% of babies will develop fever. how true i don't know. that time jadelyn took 2 jabs for her 3rd month. she developed very mild fever on the 3rd day morning/afternoon. only gave her 1 dose of the fever medication. just keep a lookout and take his temp every few hours.

Caris> I also only pump 1 time during lunch at work. So it will be after around 5-6 hours not pumping everytime. So far supply is still OK. Right now my schedule of pumping is:

- 7 AM before going to office, get 140-150 ml each breast

- 12.30-1 PM in the office during lunch time, gets 100-120 ml each breast

- 6-7 PM pump right breast + a bit of left, get total 150 ml

- 8 pm Breastfeed left breast

- 11 pm breastfeed right breast

- 00.00 pump before go to sleep overnight, usually can get 100-150 ml combined

Josie currently is still a small drinker. She'll drink 6 times a day nowadays. 4 times bottle feed 150 ml + 2 times breastfeed at night.

But all of the time she'll need to be carried to sleep first before drinking. huhuhu..

Xin,

Nope, Isaac doesn't wake up in the night unless he wants milk. Or I shld say that I will definitely feed him when he wakes up.

Caria,

I express 3x in office, before work, during lunch n almost end of work. I will latch as much as possible after work n also during weekend. Then, will express b4 I slp n once in e night even if isaac doesn't wake up for milk. My ss goes up n down but generally ok.

Groovy: I actually pump once in the morning and twice/once at work. But I've never gotten 150ml from each breast before. Actually my left breast milk supply is almost half of my right :\

I let Ivan latch whenever I'm home. so that is at least 3 times within 24 hrs. He takes 4x125ml feeds from the bottle. After calculating, I think Josie is actually a bigger eater than Ivan lor. LOL~

Zuen: I only manage to express at most twice. However, my work requires me to do early morning shifts from 7AM to 4PM. This is when my expressing schedule goes haywire, and I won't have enough for the next day's feeding.

I actually did not build up any reserves in the freezer. Practicing JIT inventory :p ... so a bit stressful.... -.-"

Xin,

my maid will help me hold him while I bathe for my boy. He didn't tip toe, in fact he stand on both his feet on the ground.

He has 2 middle teeth at the bottom already! Going for his assessment this thu, see how much he gained.

Starry,

yup! It's tiring to carry him right now & he has outgrown his netty rocker, don't know where to place him now?

Xin2: yeah Logan has been flipping for awhile now. But silly boy can only flip frm back to tummy then can't flip back. Instead he will try to move forwards n gets fed up that he can't do it most of e time haha. My bed everyday soaked with his saliva!

my boiboi is 5 months already!! so that means i have BF him for 5 mths solid! yay!! and he rolls around like a log! even more so when he's fussy! he has also learned to take off his socks and suck his toes! old wives tales means he wants a younger sibling but this mom say no way hahaha..

claudiaa,

waaa your boy so big ah? walker oso can!! but you can lock the wheels so it won't move. i actually put my boy in the walker too sometimes and he actually moved about in all directions. unlike her elder sisters who only reversed! haha.

xin2,

your boy can flip? congrats le! hehehe. i always put my baby to sleep on his back but he will automatically flip, suck his thumb and sleep on his tummy. self-adjust one.

caris,

me TBF too and still pumping at work. so far so good leh. i only pumped 2x and my output is around 450ml on average so that's enough for 3 feeds in my absence. he takes about 130-150ml each feed. morning i latch twice (1 dreamfeed, 1 latch,). supplies sometimes up sometimes down. me recovering from flu but during the flu stint it did affect my supply but then again my boy's appetite sometimes good sometimes not. but there are more days where my BM is more than enough and sometimes not enough but he didn't fuss. anyway i told my mom (caregiver) to give him frozen BM if not enough but so far so good he's gaining weight steadily. must be confident in yourself. that's the trick. eh my left boob is the more productive one while my right boob can only produce half the amount! that's normal. if you don't have enough for next day's feed, when you latch bb, pump the other boob. this will keep your supply steady.

starry,

congrats on jadelyn flipping! yeah must watch her on bed now never leave her unattended.

Zuen:

So good that issac doesn't wake up lor. Kayden still wakes up ard 1-2 times. He din cry but will keep kicking n stretching so usually I'll just change his nappy n feed him. He'll go bk to sleep after that. Hoping for the day that he can sleep thru Liao.

Melissa:

Wa. Ur boy is 5months already? So fast leh. My boy only coming 4months lor. Nope. He can't flip yet but think trying to lor. He'll kick n try to turn his body but his butt too heavy. So in the end the position is weird. Head n shoulder n arms turned but the butt not turn lor. N he can fall asleep in that weird position leh.

Morning mummies n ian!!!!

Hows your holiday?

Melissa,

so fast 5 months alrdy!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Waking up at night,

same as zuen if bby wake up at night i will feed him! Hahaha.

Sometimes if im sleeping like a log, hubby tries to carry hin first then put back when he sleep again.

Means not all the time he actually wants to drink hehehe.

Flipping,

My boy hs been flipping from back to tummy for sometime. I think he started ard 3 mnth plus, but must help him arrange the legs n hands first. :p

since the past 2 weeks, meaning when he just turned 4month old, he can flip by himself without help at all n can free his hands himself too.

N since then he has tried to crawl or i should say slither. Haha.

today he gave us surprise. Coz he usually sleep on tummy (he can turn his head from side to side by himself sonce young), this morning we found him sleeping on his back.

He must have been flipping at night!

N he can slither from the middle of our bed to the corner of the bed. He is using head to support n just recently he trued to do push ups with hands, he never did that in the past.

So happy that he can do those things but im really scared to leave him alone now!

Teething n runny nose,

My boy is now having runny nose n i read it is a sign of teething? Can be as bad as waking up in the middle of the night crying n breathing through mouth.

Any baby like that?

Actually im not so sure whether really due to teething or because of the polluted air in indonesia. Hahaha. Coz he started that when we arrived. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gong Xi Fa Cai and wish everyone and baby a blessed, joyous, healthy and prosperous Rabbit Year!

Flip/Roll

Cae did his first stunt while we are outside changing diaper, I got a shock! cos he is at the edge! he didn't flip again until several days later. Now he is good at it and does it daily. But sometime the hand got stuck under his chest. ha ha ha. He also try to crawl or move on his tum tum. of course can't lah. So he will scream for attention. He can't flip from tum to back yet

He has been coughing since mid Dec. It got better for a day or so than worst. The longest period was no cough for 3 days. After new year, his nose was badly blocked and dripping that aggregate the cough. He is now back on nebulizer for another 10 days and have a few medicine. PD suspect it maybe due to silent reflux that irritate the throat thus he never totally recover.

Fifi, how do you know if it is due to virus or bacteria?

Teething

He drools but no sign of teeth yet. Gum a little hard though. He loves chew chew on his fingers.

Sleep thru

Not yet also. Still wakes up 2.5 to 3.5 hrly. Rare nights, he can stretch to 4 hrly.

He is on TBF, still expressing milk, there are good and bad supply days. So far still manageable. He only latch on once a day, first feed. Subsequent all by bottles including nights as I'm getting him used to FBM. Cos i will be away for business trip end Feb. Actually, me a little sad, despite TBF he is still sick and recovering well. This makes me think of TBF for longer than 6 months. But that means I need to continue to express twice in the office and wake up middle of the night as well.

Weight

Finally he doubled his birth weight. He is now 7kgs. PD comment that he should be heavier if not of the coughing. Good thing is that he is still gaining weight despite a couple days of poor appetite

Melissa, yr boi 5 mths already. You started him on solid? or waiting till 6 mths?

Melissa: Thanks for the advice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Strangely, today's supply is good again... I think my boobies are going crazy ... HAHAHAHA

xin2,

it's like that! they will half flip. then a few days later, flip totally, then roll! sometimes this will happen in a span of days sometimes weeks. sometimes overnight! i also discovered at 4 months that he could flip at night when i woke up! he sleeps in between us, so i thought my hubby flipped him and he thought i flipped him! so funny!

ann,

this is my third child but i'm still very happy to see him flip and roll! haha. but now i realized that he's growing up too fast!! didn't know you're in indonesia. why not bring him to see the PD?

diveera,

congrats for TBF! if his resistance is low i agree that you should TBF him longer. I must count myself lucky that my boiboi has been resistant to the flu bug that's been going around. both my hubby and I got defeated by flu and cold and we always spray Dettol around the house to keep the bug away. so far so good he seems fine. on starting solid, think i'll wait till he's 6 months or when i think that EBM is not enough for him. so far my EBM is enough or more than he could take lei. i plan to exclusively BF him for first 6 months at least.

caris,

yeah there are good days and bad days. normal lor. no need to worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melissa,

I put him in walker, initially he moves all around after a while, he's so lazy to move now, & sit in there biting & pulling his teeth. Have u started ur boy on solids?

Claudia,

not yet. not in a hurry. wanna keep him on total BM for 6 months solid, then can introduce solids hehe..

how heavy is your boy now? mine is about 7.2kg only.

Melissa,

Yup i went back for cny. Actually i did not want to go but no choice. I married a man whose family celebrate cny. Huhu.

Like i shared before..... people said that i am fat fat fat fat. Dunno how many times.

Like they never see me very thin n muscular (i think hehhehe) years back. All they see is fat lady n always been fat before. I hate it. Hhhh. Worst holiday of my life.

Anyway im just back from pd. All by myself. N i bought 2 pack of diapers n one big papaya. Brought him on carrier n take taxi. Haha. My new accomplishment. Lol.

Today is his jab day. I thought must delay because hr is sick but dr said ok as long as no fever.

Funny he did not cry at all during the jab but cry during the rotavirus feeding. Spit out almost all too. Huhu.

My slipped disc,

miracle does happen. I engaged a massage lady back on ondonesia. she massaged till i almost cry n shout like i am tortured. But now my back is healed. What is left is some swelling but i can bend here n there n so far i havent feel backpain at all.

The good thing is that.... the fee is only about 15 sing dollar. Ha ha ha ha...

Nikolas' measurement today

7.96 kg, 42.5 cm, 66 cm

I think I gained 1 kg after CNY... Hahaha.. As usual.

Josie still can't flip yet. She's now not even creeping if she's put on her tummy. I think she has gotten lazy and will cry for help to flip her to be on her back if we put her on her tummy because she wants to suck her finger...

These two days I've not been really successful in breastfeeding her when she's asleep. She always wakes up and knows it and cry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. Tried for 1-2 hours then give up ask hubby give bottle. Maybe she's used to bottle already. I only manage to breastfeed her once a day in the last two days. huhuhu..

Groovy: Aiyah you so slim .. 1 kg is okay lar ... I also gained back whatever weight i lost before CNY. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ... time to work hard again.

Ann: Wah ... how you manage to lug so many things + baby ??? hahah .. do this more often and you sure lose weight one ... HAHAHAH

I was showing my new colleague my wedding photo ... and the general comment is.. I LOOK SO DIFFERENT.... 15 kgs ... OF COS DIFFERENT LAR ... sigh~ ... Gotta work harder to lose the bulge

Caria,

I oso dun get 150ml one breast unless I super long never pump.

Ann,

Ur hb so good. Mine will help to wake me up. Lol.

Hi mummies,

Any babies sleeping through e night? Past few days my boy goes to bed at 9 plus or 10 plus & wakes up at 7 plus with 1 dream feed at 12+ 1 am. Normal anot? Shd I stop the dream feed? Tried not giving dream feed once but he woke up for milk plus im worried he doesn't drink enough.

Melissa,

my boy weighs 8kg at 3 mth old. Now he is 4 mth old , think increase another 1kg. Tmr will know how heavy is he during his 4th mth assessment.

Zuen,

Hahaha, ur hubby still good, still wake up!

Btw these past 3 days hubby was the one waking up at night. Holiday with baby is really tiring. Esp when u are still the main caregiver (carry bathe clean diaper) n have to deal with so many logistics. N have to follow other people's schedule. Hhhhhhhh.... how come i feel so angry now? Hehehehe.

N he found a new way to help baby sleep, maybe can work with ur babies as well.

1. Put him down on tummy.

2. Put ur hands like 15 cm in front of his face to cover his view. - minimise stimulation.

3. Be on crawling position on top of baby. Careful not to squash him!!!

4. Sing or give white noise on the cheek.

Nikolas can sleep like that.. hahahaha.

Caris,

On holding so many things at once - hmmmm... actually i did not think abt it. Somehow have extra power :p

Ya .. quite good exercise!!! Lol

Are u planning for next child?

Actually my mum said no need to lose weight now.

Have all children u want then start dieting. Coz if we baloon up now then most probably we will again after we lose all weight n get pregnant again....

I dunno when to hv next one..

Anyone's planning alrdy?hehe 1 year difference with our babies

melissa,

so fast that your baby is 5 mths old already! they really grow up so quick. sometimes wish time will pass slower.

claudia,

wah, your boy is another heavy-weight champ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ann,

nikolas is big! at least compared to my girl. she is a lot smaller. hey, i was also going to ask whether anyone planning for #2/#3 or not. you want a year difference?? may be tiring for you to handle an infant and an older baby. don't tell me you are TTC now?? my hubby and i were talking about it the other night. he was saying if really have now, then have lor. haha!! but i am super scared of sleepless nights so #2 won't be for another 2 years i think.

i brought jadelyn for her 4th month 5-in-1 today. surprisingly didn't cry! only whined a few seconds and she was fine. i'm glad.

re: baby weight

very strange thing... doc weighed her and the scale showed 5.2kg. she was 5.5kg last month. how can lose 300gm over a month?? the doc said maybe the scale isn't accurate, and it's okay for babies to lose a little weight. BUT, i thought she felt heavier and should have been at least 6kg by now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] very bewildered by this..

hi mummies,

anyone want to exchange similac 2 400 gram with nanpro 2 400gram? i hv Nanpro2

prefer exchange either at tanjong pagar or paya lebar mrt... let me know if you are keen.

thanks

Ann & starry: yeah I'm planning for number 2. Hubby wants a dragon! Gynea said six months can start trying but I'm gonna wait til yr end so edd wil b ard same time as no 1.

Back