(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

-------------

Full term weight 67kg (delivered in week 36)

Weight after delivery 60kg

Current weight 58 kg

Ideal weight 49 kg

Action plan :

1. Running 3 times a week (will be difficult for me to do this once start work)

2. No lazying (less internet surfing) but move more around the house (housechores etc)

3. Strictly no snacking

4. Cut down drastically on rice intake

-------------

Jia You!!

Good morning mummies

My target weight is 50kg, 1.66 tall. Still have 1kg to go. I am very strict in my diet, no snacks at all.

My baby sleeping habit:

Since first month, after 4plus or 5plus feeding in the afternoon, play awhile, he can sleep thru out until 3am wakes up for milk. I try to adjust by waking him up at 8pm for milk but he becomes cranky probably I interupt his sleep.

Drinking habit:

Recently he has been on milk strike, always cannot finish his milk. He can drink from 100ml to 180ml. very erratic...

Any mummies encounter similar situation?

Hello every1 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

no time to catch up, will try to, tomolo or wat.

Talking abt Wt, I got abt 5-7kg to lose to my pre preg weight! and my Sis ROM in March, and I am coming home for good to eat till I shiok.

How to look fab hot Mama like that. I think I will look like FAT hot mama lor.....

Exercise can only start in beginning of March....dunno like that how.......

thanks marrissa and zuen!

Yah I'm gonna trial and error lor.. And hope can figure out soon.. Tonight gg pd for jab so I will know how much aedan has grown!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope he doesn't get fever

Ann

My frame is too small.. And that's what causin me so much prob during preggy times!

Ian

Hello !!

Apple

Welcome back!! Good that u will be soon coming back for good.. When I first joined the forum.. U were still lamenting there's sucha long time before u can come home.. Now it's SOON!!! Don't worry u will look hot mama still [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

waaaa interesting!! i think i gained 2kg quite recently b'cos of the stupid Ben & Jerry ice cream promo. i've been eating it everyday after dinner wahahaha. but i also find that my boiboi suckles longer or ask for milk more often. hmm maybe b'cos got chocolate taste! lol.

i think i am

Pre-pregger weight: 62kg

Full term weight: 64.5kg

Weight after delivery: 56kg

Current weight: 59 kg

Wedding weight: 51kg (wah that's donkey years ago)

Height: 1.56cm

Ok frankly, I really don't care how weight I put on b'cos I'm small framed and I'm a mother of three and dieting won't work for me b'cos I TBF but recently some random male stranger who saw me carrying my son asked me if this is my first baby. I said no it's my third and he was shocked b'cos I don't look like I have three kids at all. That coming from a man, the most blunt creature in the world! LOL! So that made my day!! Hence i don't care!! hahahaha.. yay Ben & Jerry!!!! More for me!!!

My boiboi just went for his 5-in-1 two days ago. He's 4 months now and weighed only 6.8kg. Still in 25 percentile but so are the rest of my kids so he's normal! And no fever and no cranky. After jab, I went to NTUC and buy two packs of diapers and take bus home. Aiyoh I am so auntie already! hahaha..

Shin, Time flies, i REM i just sprain m'y ankle n was worrying that m'y girl girl din kick, now she is a beautiful 4mth old.

N I Will look hot, yes hot fr all thé fats n sweat.

Mélissa m'y gal is only 10 percentile or wat n less. She is only 5+kg and thé stranger so random talks abt how many kid u have.

Feeling so sad lor. For the past 4 days since hb started work, ive been alone at hm with bb. Since he shaved his head on Sunday, he has been crying everytime I bathe him. Dunno y leh. Wonder if it is becos his head is cold?

Tried to wrap towel for him in the toilet straight out from the tub but so difficult leh. He still cries lor.

Mummies, can share wats ur procedure liked? Really hope my boy can cry less during bath time. Wen he had his hair not so bad lor.

Mummies,

Do ur babies still startle? My boy still startled especially daytime n difficult for him to sleep long. Any remedies? When will they startle less n hv better sleep?

Melissa,

Maybe i look more like i have 3 kids than u.. :p

Apple,

u are very funny!!! Hahaha...

To think bout it i really hate the idea going back to my hometown for cny where everyone likes to compare and even before i was pregnant i am the biggest female in the family and they alrdy said i need to lose weight. The rest of his family the built is like shin leh. Like that how to compare. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I wanna stay here for cny!!!!!!!

Xin2,

Ya, maybe he feel cold? When my boi was botak he also get cold easily in the night. Sometimes let him wear cap

Or cover his head with small towel.

During bathing i put him on a mat then clean eyes n open diaper, clean below, strip him, quickly soap his body n head, then put him into the tub for bathing, then carry him to bed where i put the towel n wrap him.

The mat n bathtub i put on a table near to the bed.

Startle,

My boy still startle but he recovers from it easily. During the night is more difficult for him to get back to sleep on his own. Must carry or latch. But during the day he somehow can open eyes, laugh to his toys, then sleep again.

Apple,

Wah finally you're about to go home liao!! So happy for you. At least you can proudly tell your girl, you were conceived and born in France. don't play play ok!! Random talks from random strangers, can happen anywhere, while waiting for the lift or waiting for payment at cashier or waiting to fetch the kids from school. Maybe b'cos I smile a lot at strangers so they find me approachable. Unfortunately, so do salespersons! LOL.

xin2,

yes i suspect b'cos the head is cold hence he cried. but no worries lah. my boy oso cry at random after bathing. b'cos he's naked and botak. even cried as i dress him. once i'm done and carry him he will automatically stop crying. notty boy! startle, cut down tremendously already. once in a while yes. old folks say put something on their chest, like a pillow but it doesn't make any difference. so i don't care b'cos that's how nature intended it to be and they will outgrow it.

Rubie,

yeah that's normal. most mommies here will say the same [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann,

i feel you. in my family i get teased too for being big b'cos the rest are quite small! so go imagine! we're the same but different proportions hahaa. a matter of perspective lah. just don't bother with what pple say. sometimes they don't mean it even though it's likely to hurt you. just small talk done in bad taste.

good afternoon mommies and daddy!!

Hi hi!HOw's everyone doing??

WAHH!!Talk about weight now ah...hahahaa....

Pre Pregnant weight:51kg

Full term weight :72kg

After delivery :69kg

current weight :59kg

wedding weight :45kg -.-'''wahahhaa

Target weight :53kg by MAR!!!

Not dieting but careful with what i eat..been eating lots of meats and veg...hardly touch carbo lately...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Can't swim or run due to the recent weather....but will cont to do so once weather allows..hate to run in the gym!!

Marrissa,

hahaha..im on the green apple juice diet too!!*wink*

Ann:

Think mb he is really cold then. Dunno how can I help him leh. My procedure same as u lor. I even tried washing his head with his clothes on first then wipe dry then carry him to tub. But he still cry la.

What time u normally bathe baby? I normally bathe him ard 9+ leh. Is it too early?

Melissa:

My boy same as urs lor. He cried n I quickly dress him. Once I'm done n carry him, immediately stop crying. So notti lor. N he cannot let me out o his sight. Wen I go prepare his things n get the water, he'll be crying already.

Weight:

Haha. Pls dun scold me.

Full term weight: 62kg

After delivery weight: 55kg

Pre-pregnancy weight: 52kg

Current weight: 48kg

Wedding weight: 45kg

Hope to maintain at 48kg cos previously was underweight. I still eat as per normal leh. Guess it's in the genes. My mom gave birth to 3 kids n still her weight is 44kg now.

I wanna strangle Shin and Xin2 ... you lucky @#$@#%#$$%&^!!!! HAHAHA... Aiyoh I so envy la

I realize dieting is almost impossible when TBF. I get hungry as often as my boy does especially so if I reduce the carbo intake ... :\

Going to get the juicer later, then it's to the supermarket with hubby when he's done with work to get the magic green apples. Then will do my pilates work out after my bb zonk out tonight. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wahaha. I think all my relatives from hubby side all like shin n xin2. How not to feel big?? :p

Ya melissa, will try as hard as i can to treat it as joke. Guess hv to close two ears when going back. Huhu.....

Xin2

I bathe my boy at 6.30- 8!!! :p Depends on his waking time/ whether he poos in the morning. :p but i bathe him in closed room. Guess not much difference with bathing later.

Sidetracking a bit. Ivan has been showing interest in watching TV. I've heard that normal TV programs can over-stimulate babies... and worse still cause behavior/learning problems. So I went to have a look at "baby einstein" DVD for babies... AND OMG... the videos are really slow and quite boring. Ivan was only attracted to the video for a brief 10 mins ... and then he starts to fidget.

Do you allow your bb to watch TV? any restrictions? Any recommendation on video titles suitable for babies?

shin and xin,

whoa, good weight both of you! think genes play a part in weight and metabolism. the rest of us just gotta work harder in shedding the kilos! jia you everyone!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: carbo

i really think this is a killer! we should all cut down on white rice, white bread, pasta and noodles. they are just plain sugar for quick energy release. if don't use the energy will become FATS! boo~!!

jadelyn recently doesn't nap well in the daytime. the most power nap for like an hour then wake up liao.. really not much time to do anything ard the house. i wonder if this is due to the recent jabs she had? or is she just going thru a phase?

caris,

no idea about tv shows for babies so young. don't think there are any you know... i guess their eyesight is not very good yet and the strong light emitted from the tv is the thing that may cause the overstimulation. but anyway, sometimes when i really wanna watch my drama, i will still put jadelyn with me. :p

Starry,

i was just about to ask about naps! It's worse for me. My boy naps for exactly half hour each time, and takes 5 to 6 such naps each day. As you can imagine I have to rush and do everything in that half hour window. He always wakes up crying with his eyes still shut, even in the morning after sleeping for 11 hours. I looked online and in the Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Child book and it seems that it may be due to trouble entering another sleeping cycle. He may also be fighting sleep in order to play and explore the world. SHort naps are not considered good as they are not restorative. This week at every single nap I have been standing by at the half hour mark ready to pat him / give him pacifier to soothe him back to sleep but it's very difficult. Really getting very exhausted. Can any experienced mummies pl offer advice? Should I just let his natural rhythm flow and he will outgrow this phase?

On tv: I don't quite like bb to watch tv. If I have any time to watch at all, I will block his view using a big bolster and turn down the volume to almost mute. Haha.

Starry:

Kayden only can sleep from 11+ to about 2.30pm latest. This is his longest nap. Other than that he cannot fall into deep sleep anymore. Usually he'll wan to sleep again at abt 3+ but can't sleep for long. The most is abt 15-20mins. Then he'll startle n wake up Liao. By 5+ he'll be very tired n wants to sleep. But usually will drag on till abt 9pm now then he can really go to deep sleep. After wipedown till he falls into deep sleep takes quite a long time.

I'll try to do everything within the morn slot where he sleeps the longest. But gt to keep an eye on him cos he sleeps sideways n scared he anyhow turn his head n press on his nose.

Mb cos sleep on sides so can sleep long. U may wan to try? After tat I nvr put him sleep on sides anymore cos in the morn I carry then put him down to his sides. Other than that he sleeps on his bk.

Starry: My boy sometimes watches the Filipino and Korean drama together with my maid ... I just hope he doesn't get addicted :p

Emma: My maid mutes the volume as well, maybe i should get her to block his view. HEHEHE

Marrissa: Did my first green apple drink today. yummy yummy! ... Didn't get from cold storage though ... only manage to go to NTUC. Anyway, do you "mass-juice" and store in the fridge, or juice on demand? I find washing the juicer after every cup ... very ley chey leh :p

Message to all CARBS ==> GET OUT OF MY LIFE!

Caris,

agree with you leh. me TBF also hungry all the time and at lunch time, if I don't eat rice, i will be so dead hungry!!! it's b'cos of this thread, i cut down my rice intake to half and drink more water at dinner just now. so torturing!! had to skip my Ben & Jerry too!! booooooo!!! hungry hippo here!!!!

nap time,

yeah my boy's nap time is pretty erratic. a bit hard when he has two elder sisters playing catching and screaming all the time. he can only get a good nap on weekends or when i'm on leave b'cos i am around to scold the sisters! they don't listen well to their grandparents cum caregivers one!!!

Yay! Quite happy with myself today. Managed to complete the pilates workout, and can feel that my "CORE MUSCLES" are stronger than last time. HEHE

Melissa, I think we cannot reduce too drastically. Slowly slowly bah. WE HAVE TO JIA YOU JIA YOU!

Naptime,

Ivan doesn't take long naps too. I'm not sure whether it's due to his eagerness to wake up and play, or it's becos of the constant drilling and knocking by the HDB contractors. (GOSH, I REALLY DREAD THEIR UPGRADING WORKS) Daddy also has problem remembering his son is sleeping, Daddy has a tendency to be noisy too ... -.-"

hi mummies,

just wanted to ask if any of you bought mothercare short sleeves rompers (3-6mth) and would like to exchange? becoz

i realised Mothercare 7pcs romper set has quite abit of duplicates. so thought maybe you might wanna exchange. i can take a pic and send it to you. its still new have not worn yet.

also, i am keen to buy their latest season 7 pcs set romper (vintage kinda floral print) but then again theres like 3 duplicates in it. ( which means theres only 4 different design, the rest are duplicates)

anybody wanna share? pls PM me ;)

Morn mummies,

Wat time do ur babies normally wake up? Kayden usually wakes up ard 8+. Sometimes I feel so tired lor. No chance to sleep till 10+ 11 anymore.

Used to be able to sleep n sleep kind of person. Now hardly gt chance to sleep. Wonder when will this improve? Haiz. Think quite hard once gt baby lor.

Ann:

When u wash baby head with shampoo n olive oil, do u rub the flakes out? After shaving my boy hb n I dare nt rub anymore leh. Realized the head soft soft leh.

Melissa:

So ur boy doesn't nap much? Then won't be cranky?

Wah a lot of apple green juice dieters!

Ann, caris i usually make 1 jug of juice at one time. Lazy to wash e juicer everyday. Usually my 1 mug = 4 green apples + celery. When i make 1 jug i x4. Can last me n hubby ard 3 days la. Ann if yr hubby dun like celery can omit dat out. But celery got smell meh?

Baby watching tv

Oh this one.. Hmm where can i get good baby educational dvds? I tried to block her view frm tv but she will shift her head or body until she can see it again :/ i gif up alredy. U shd see her.. She concentrate so hard like as if shes been following e drama all these while.. Hehe

Baby napping

Sofea jus went for her jab cum growth assessment. She's tall and her height is in e 90th percentile. Het weight is average tho but at least has gone up from 25th to 50th percentile. But doc still wants her to put on a bit of weight coz by e time she starts crawling she'll lose a bit. I dunno how else to make her fat coz she' s VERy active n she feeds every 1.5-2 hrs during e day. Then found out frm doc could b bcoz she dun nap well. She naps only 4x 30 mins during e day. Doc says 30 mins not enuf for e cells to grow n peak. Haiyah..

Claudia and Metta,

Thanks for sharing on tongue cleaning, now I try to clean my bb tongue everyday, the resistance does get lesser and lesser everyday alto it's definitely not something she looks forward to loh

Baby napping:

My gal also falls into category of napping every 30 mins before she wakes herself up. It's indeed not good according to pd. Buy I noticed lately it's slowly lengthenng to 45 mins. Pd said as they grow older, they will consolidate their sleep into longer periods.

Starry,

It could be due to jabs maybe, usu the effects last for about one week in soles cases. When my bb took hep b, she could not nap well for 5 days and after her 5 in 1, alto nap not affected this time, she cannot feed well for 1 week.

Hi mummies, read the thread on weight so I go and weigh this morning.

Pre preggy weight, 59kg

Full term weight, 75kg

don't know my weight after delivery cos I never weigh

2 months after delivery, 59kg

Today, 3 months after deliver y, 56kg

Yeh, so happy. I think cos I go back to work, lost weight due to stress.

Hi mummies,

haiz, was at kkh since 5am, my kiddo was vomiting n running on fever!!! viral attack always happen when children attend cc!!!

Weight,

haiz, still have got spare tire around my waist, ask gynae he says do excercise or tummy tuck!!! I dare not weight myself, still trying to cheat myself that I am not fat! Lol

taka fair:

taka B2 event hall has started their CNY goodies fair, wide variety of vendors with delicious love letters, pineapples tarts, cookies, bak gua..,, tell me how to lose weight?? Lol

You are lucky! Hardly hear of any mommy who weighs lesser after giving birth... I thought almost all women puts on weight over time....

My husband can still fit into the wedding suit that he tailor made... As for me, I cannot even fit into my working dresses before giving birth

good morning mummies,

how's everyone?

Had chicken pox was given 2 weeks mc. so sway. but luckily my baby didn't get it. couldn't touch her for 2 weeks! and my last scab took 4 weeks to drop off. what a miserable one month for me!

Gonna share my weight, haaaaa

full term 69kg

after birth 66kg

current 54kg

pre preg 52kg

wedding wt 48kg

Xin,

I never slp beyond 8am ever since no 1 lor, even on weekends n ph. My girl will auto wake up n wake me up at 7+am everyday. On bad days, 6+am lor.

Re: milk ss

My ss dropped leh. Duno if it is bcos I m gg back to work soon n feeling stressed. Or bcos I couldn't wake up for night express, sometimes dragging as long as 6 hrs. Haiz, scared I cannot mit my boi's dd after I go back to work.

Good morning mummies

My boy usually can sleep from 8pm to 6.30am, he will still wakes up once for milk feeding. Naptime: good days he can take 1-2 hours, bad days 30mins. Sometimes also due to the noise from my nephew.

Does anyone ferry your baby to caregiver house in the morning? is there any problem with baby in carseat and also how to assure that it does not coincide with milk feeding time? Cos i will be bringing my boy to my mum's place in the morning by myself.

Btw, wanna to check how is the milk intake and feeding schedule of your baby from the mummies here....

cherry neo,

wah! you mommy of three oso right? now you lose weight even more?!! i hate you i hate you!!! hahaha..

marissa,

aiyah pls dun encourage my B&J addiction! by BMI standard I'm overweight already. I am suppose to linger around 55kg ideally. how to lose 5kg?! think b'cos i don't have enough sleep!

baby nap,

yeah if my baby doesn't nap enough he will be super cranky but sometimes there will be some days in a week where he goes on a napping marathon but this only happens when i'm on leave. he will sleep for 3 hours solid in a day and goes to bed by 9pm and sleeps through to 7am. he will wake up for feeds at 3am and 6am and goes back to sleep. my mom who takes care of him will complain that he always pretend to be a good boy when I'm around! lol. really pity my mom lah, besides having to care for my other 2 girls, she has to attend to this cranky baby!! i really hope he will grow out of this phase soon!

also he has been on a flipping frenzy these pass few days and when i put him on my high pillow to elevate his body, he will try to push up his body like he wants to sit on his own. this has happened a few times. I am aware that when baby picks up a new skill, he will be very excited and tend to nap lesser too.

baby tv,

i let him watch BabyTV on Starhub cable. But sometimes he watches Nickelodeon and Disney Channel as well haha all b'cos his elder sisters! But of course, 5 minutes after, he will wail lah.

gsm,

aiyoh chicken pox!! poor thing!! where did you catch it from?!! must be damn miserable cannot touch baby for 2 weeks! i can't even do it for more than 24 hours! so are you still breastfeeding? pumping exclusively?

zuen,

my milk ss so far maintain but yes stress can oso reduce your ss. so must really learn how to schedule your pumping time carefully and try to relax. i usually bring my handphone to the loo and look at his pictures or video that really relaxes me so far my supply has been enough if not more.

rubie,

i give anything from 120-160ml. depends on my ss. if i pumped and get more, he'll get more the following day lor, if less, less lor hahaha. he takes in milk every 3-4 hour in my absence. but if i'm home, i latch on demand.

Just for laugh:

Marriage humour (juzz4laughs)

Marriage Humour: 

Wife: 'What are you doing?' 

Husband: Nothing. 

Wife: 'Nothing...? You've been reading our marriage certificate for an hour.' 

Husband: 'I was looking for the expiry date.' 

------------------------------- 

Wife : 'Do you want dinner?' 

Husband: 'Sure! What are my choices?' 

Wife: 'Yes or no.' 

Wife: 'You always carry my photo in your wallet.. Why?' 

Hubby: 'When there is a problem, no matter how great, I look at your picture and the problem disappears.' 

Wife: 'You see how miraculous and powerful I am for you?' 

Hubby: 'Yes! I see your picture and ask myself what other problem can there be greater than this one?' 

-------------------------------------------------------- 

Stress Reliever Girl: 'When we get married, I want to share all your worries, troubles and lighten your burden.' 

Boy: 'It's very kind of you, darling, but I don't have any worries or troubles.' 

Girl: 'Well that's because we aren't married yet.' 

----------------------! -------- 

Son: 'Mum, when I was on the bus with Dad this morning, he told me to give up my seat to a lady.' 

Mom: 'Well, you have done the right thing.' 

Son: 'But mum, I was sitting on daddy's lap.' 

A newly married man asked his wife, 'Would you have married me if my father hadn't left me a fortune?' 

'Honey,' the woman replied sweetly, 'I'd have married you, NO MATTER WHO LEFT YOU A FORTUNE!' 

---------------------------------------------------------- 

Girl to her boyfriend: One kiss and I'll be yours forever. 

The guy replies: 'Thanks for the early warning.' 

------------------------------- 

A wife asked her husband: 'What do you like most in me, my pretty face or my sexy body?' 

He looked at her from head to toe and replied: ' 

I like your sense of humour!' 

Husbands are husbands:

A man was sitting reading his papers when his wife hit him round the head with a frying pan.

'What was that for?' the man asked. 

The wife replied 'That was for the piece of paper with the name Jenny on it that I found in your pants pocket'. 

The man then said 'When I was at the races last week Jenny was the name of the horse I bet on' 

The wife apologized and went on with the housework. 

Three days later the man is watching TV when his wife bashes him on the head with an even bigger frying pan, knocking him unconscious. Upon re-gaining consciousness the man asked why she had hit again. 

Wife replied: 'Your Horse phoned!!! '

melissa,

dunno who pass to me la... =( had to pump out cos cannot latch baby during pox. was v engorged since she cannot latch on for so long.. so now milk alot lesser.

cherry,

i didnt follow any strict diet during pox, just no black sauce and seafood. but rather after my wisdom tooth surgery i only ate oats and porridge.. was so traumatising plucking 2, thank god i didnt listen to dentist to pluck 4... Seow!!!

spare tyre

yes, i have one. weight is not important. it is the ugly spare tyre. =(

babynap

think 1-1.5 hours per nap is standard. maybe 3 times a day. after morning feed, noon feed and before dinner. after dinner 7-8 she will sleep and wake up at 12mn and 4am. then sleep till 7ish am.

baby's feeding

mummies, how much are your baby girls feeding?

mine total 35oz/day. issit too little?

Wa mummies so envious of all of u who are so small size n lost so much weight!

Marrissa: we lost abt e same amt of weight la. I'm tall but still overweight! I'm gonna try your green apple diet but instead of juicing can just eat e apple whole anot? Lazy to juice la plus no juicer at hm.

Stella,

Haha, I oso never know how it feels to b petite lor. Among my group of gf, I m always e biggest size, sad. Now = sadder. Lol.

Stella: try the green apple juice soon... No sure whether it's psychological, but I really feel less hungry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen: I was also biggest in my group of gf, only recently my fren overtook me after she became a mother of two. I'm quite keen to better the rankings ... hehehehe just JIA YOU JIA YOU. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zuen, Stella,

you girls are so funny. you are not fat. just tall. we tall girls must be proud of ourselves [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen,

when are you going back to work? I also stress few days before going back to work. got block ducts. LC taught me to pump for 15 min for each side. Normally i will pump for 7-8 min, then massage both breast a little and hand express a little and pump another 6- 7 mins. i also too tired to wake up to pump at night so every morning before work, my breasts are super hard. got to pump before i leave house.

Cherry,

If the timing is right then can feed him before gg to mum's place. thanks for the jokes. make my day...

Melissa

thank u for the info.

Baby feeding:

my boy is about 6.5kg. Drinking about 5times a day. He drinks about 700ml in total. Little if multiply 150ml with his weight. Also little.

Afternoon mummies,

So sad that baby kayden cries again after bath today. Has done whatever I can lor. Closed the windows n bedroom door Liao but he still cry wen I put him down to dress him. Dunno wats wrg. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Immediately wen I carry him up he stop crying.

Re: napping

ReAlly dunno how to make my boy sleep longer leh. After his morning nap of at least 2 hours, he can't sleep for long anymore in the afternoon. The most is 20 mins n he'll startle n wake up Liao. But he'll be sleepy still n cranky. Refuse to play much. Dunno how leh. See him so poor thing lor. Wanna sleep but a while wake up again.

How abt the rest of ur babies?

How do u all put them to sleep? Usually kayden will ask for paci then need to sit beside his bed n pat him n also hold the paci in case drop off.

xin2

bath time

hmm have you tried talking to him out loud - eg every step you are doing prior and during the bath?

usually i will prepare all the things on the bed first (changing mat, towel, nappy, diaper cream, clothes etc).

prepare the bath water and then get bb. OH he doesnt like cold water.. likes it a little warm even on a hot day..

while undressing him on the bed, i will talk to him, explaining every action and then scoop him up and proceed to the toilet. before wetting his head/hair, i will explain to him what i am doing and will then proceed to use a small bathing towel soaked in the warm water with the baby bath foam and wash his head etc etc and procced with putting him in the tub feet first to let him get used to the water temperature. while he is seated in the tub and me supporting his head and back, i will wash his body - also talking to him... he likes his bath time so far.. doesn't squirm nor scream.. oh.. i will also close all windows and switch off the fan also.

sleeping/nap/startling

baby mark's been sleeping lots today. dunno if its due to the 2 jabs on tuesday or just the weather... cooling and shiok to sleep haha but on normal days he naps for a short while after every feed. he still startles but doesn't cry like last time - tiptoe pass his cot QUIETLY also will kena startle HAHAHA.

when he is in one of his deep sleep phase - drop a phone charger on the floor also never stir.. hahaha

Feeding

he's also into his 3month growth spurt.. will drink lots or drink little but cluster feed.. up and down these days.

he weighs 6kg as of Tuesday during his health assessment. Doc said his weight is ok (i guess since he has doubled his birth weight).

Feeding schedule is 120ml every 3 hourly 6-7 feeds a day as he usually sleeps through from 12midnite (last feed) til 6am the next day (but last night he cried asking for milk at 4am... prob due to growth spurt??).

Back