(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Mummies,

Feeling sad again cos kept wondering y baby kayden likes to cry? I know that it's normal for babies to cry but he'll still cry even though we carry him Liao.

Frustrating when already carry n he still cry. Sometimes dunno wat he wants.. Carry also cry, tried to feed also cry lor.

Re: sleeping in the day

I'm still facing prob of baby not able to sleep on his own in the afternoons. Usually kayden will sleep for abt 3 hours after bath. But then after he wakes up it's difficult for him to sleep again later on. He'll wan to sleep n will cry but even carry he also not happy leh. Still cry lor.

Any remedies or suggestions from mummies here?

Xin2: did u try carrying him in sarong sling or harness? Isit possible Kayden is one of the more sensitive kind of bb? Does he cry wen u undress him or bathe him? Pd said anything abt his crying? Possible wind in tummy or colic? Try looking out for wat is always constant wen he starts crying like tv on or light on etc... N wat he seems to calm down with? For some bb I think it's just a phase they go through. dun worry too much k?

With my boy if he is in a crying fit I try putting him on e bed n clapping my hands n call his name. most of e time he will snap out of it n look at me then I will quickly grab his fave squeaky toy n play w him. Usually he will forget wat he was crying for after that.

Stella:

Nvr tried putting him in sling. Think he's too big for the sling that I bot. Squshed inside lor.

Well, PD din say anything. N usually he wants to be carried when he's bored or wants to sleep lor. N wen we put him down he'll cry so muz use rattle to calm him down. But he'll still strt cryi g again after a while lor. Haiz.

Morning mummies & Ian

xin:

He prob needs to burb or is bored. Try talking to him. My son also can continue crying sometimes when we carry him. But he will stop if I talk to him (even if I dun carry him).

Marissa:

If your baby is on total BF and he does not seem cranky/stools not hard/stomach not bloated, then its fine not to poo for 3 days. My poo once a week. BF babies have 2 kids... 1 is poo dunno how many times a day... the other is hardly poo because they absord all the BM nutrients & have nothing left to poo...

Sorry to intrude here...

I have some boxes of Boots Milkbag for sale. Each box is 40 milkbags, each milkbag can hold max 250ml. Not available in SIN retails store. Selling at SGD 10 each box. self collection in suntec area/simei area. Please PM me for further details.

PS I prefer boots to lasinoh as it holds larger quantity and is of better quality than lasinoh. not to mention, boots milkbags is cheaper too.

Gd Morning Mummies! Wishing all a pleasant week ahead!

Xin2, is he drinking and sleeping well? Caelan will cry/fuss if he can't sleep when he is tired. he tends to drink less as well. So sometime could be hungry yet too tired to drink. Could also be wind in the tummy? Have you tried rubbing ru yi oil? Hang on there. Soon he will be back to his normal self.

Sleep thru

Any TBF babies manage to sleep thru the night? Caelan still wakes up for milk every 3 hrs sometimes 2.5 hrs. On rare occasion can stretch to 4 hrs. It is tiring especially now back to work. PD say to increase his day feed by 10ml and if it doesn't work, next step is to consider giving FM for last feed (if we want). Or hang on till 6 mths when he is on cereal. Recently he also have a habit of waking up 5+am to be entertained before gg back to sleep.

Last 2 weeks was very tiring both kiddos are sick. I'm so glad it is over now. #1 has fever, Caelan was coughing and need to administer nebulizer.

GOOD MORNING MOMMIES AND DADDY,

I VE ALREADY SENT OUT AN INVITE FOR THE NEXT GATHERING IN FB LIL TOT'S GROUP!

THOSE INTERESTED PLS RSVP AND FOR THOSE THAT IS NOT IN OUR GROUP LIST AND WISH TO ATTEND,PLS PM ME YOUR DETAIL..

LUNCH GATHERING AT 313@SOMERSET MARCHE 12NOON

29JAN2011

THANK YOU

Diveera:

Kayden can fall asleep n sleep for abt 3 hours after his bath. Other than tat he can't really sleep. So I think he is tired n yet can't sleep so he fuss/cry lor. When he is crying tried to feed him, he is simply nt interested lor.

Xin2, Caelan also will not drink well if tired. I think our boys sama sama. Morning, he can sleep on his own, just need to pat pat but late afternoon/evening. He is very demanding, need to be carried to sleep, cannot put down. Sleep also 15mins to 30mins in the arms. I try to distract him by carry and walk around a little, once he is more or less settle down, will distract him with the toys (not for long lah). Have you tried bringing him down for a walk? Hopefully they grow out of this phase soon.

Princess, love to join but this Sat Shanessa got her chinese class till 12.45pm and my family coming over for reunion dinner in the evening.

Diveera:

Haha. Sama sama pattern lor. Kayden so difficult to sleep in the afternoons n evening lor. Though can tell he is tired already. He will fuss to be carried but even wen carrying him he also fuss lor. So in the end now I tried nt to carry him. Will let him cry then go bk to him offer pacifier. Until he decides to take the pacifier n sleep on his own lor.

Muz tahan the crying which I'm trying very hard also. Haiz. Think muz train now if nt the older they get the harder Liao.

lindatlc:

ideally give breastmilk as priority. Pediasure acts as supplement for baby or kids who are picky with food.baby should draw nutrients from BM or FM. when they can consume solid, they should draw nutrients from solid

Diveera,

My baby is on TBM. he can sleep from 9pm to 5am. I don't let him sleep more than 5 hours during the day. if he sleeps earlier say, 7pm, i will wake him at 9 or 10pm for his last feed ( dream feeding), and he could sleep through the night. you may want to try if it works for you. on nights when he woke up to play or chit chat, i let him talk to himself, i continue to sleep. i think he realised nobody entertains him at night so he goes to sleep too.

Diveera,

My boy slept thru at 8th weeks but after that woke up once for feed. Duno wat happened too. I m starting work on wed.

Shireen,

Me too! I let Isaac talk to himself n kick air if he doesn't want to sleep after night feed. After awhile, he will whine n fall aslp shortly after I carried him. Hoho.

Shireen, day time Caelan is in infant care but he doesn't sleep more than 5 hours also. Yesterday, we were out almost the whole day, he slept very little and drink very little also. He drank at 10+, 1+, 4+ and 6+! Can share how much he drinks in the day? Mine drink about 140ml 3 hrly.

hi mummies, just wanna share a promotion at Guardian pharmacies now for Drypers.

bring any non Dryper brand empty packaging (min. 24pcs pack), buy any Drypers pack of diapers at $14.45 and get another pack of the same size free! very good deal for those whose babies are using Drypers! till 2nd Feb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starry: you still so young wanna join the auntie club already ar? heheheh thanks for the alert on the good bargain .. hahaha my office colleagues will be running down to guardian after work :p

caris,

Because I've been scouting for good bargains on milk powder, diapers etc mah... Haha!! Last time didnt need to bother at all. Maybe few yrs later I will be flipping newspapers on Wednesdays for good grocery deals. Lol!!

Mummies,

I'm so so sad n cried n cried lor. I'm really at a loss on how I can get kayden to sleep in the afternoon. When he whine to sleep I give him pacifier he also dun wan. Will cry to be carried lor. Then carry he also not happy leh. Will struggle n cry also. Then how? Really at a loss.

Tried to let him cry but he really cry until face very red n screaming till voice hoarse lor.

Hb say don't let him cry too much. Scared will hv side effects n also end up being moody lor. Always cry. Then how? I spend most of the time with him leh. Carry him to sleep Liao then put down he'll cry lor. How???????

Xin, do u go for walks with kayden? Now I try to bring my baby out for daily walks...even downstairs for 10 minutes also shiok. He sleeps very well after that.

Emmie:

No leh. Nvr bring him out alone. How u bring him out? Stroller or carry? My boy keep wanting to be carried leh.

I rem u say u let ur baby cry also. Then how? Does he scream? I so worried will backfire lor.

Hi Xin,

My boy also like yours. In the past, we play with him until he cry then end up either latch to sleep or rock to sleep but always must spend lots of time fighting with him.

Now we trying to do sleep training. I notice for my boy 2 hr after waking up, he will start to get bit fussy.

So now 1.5hr after he wakes up i will put him down on the bed again or give him pacifier before he starts crying. Sometime when successful, he will suck the pacifier, i put him on the bed and leave the room then he will fall asleep. If pacifier drop then must make him stop crying, let him accept the pacifer then put down again. Can repeat many times. But sometimes he refuse the pacifier then no choice, still nurse or rock to sleep.

Just hoping that soon he will get use to the same routine and can sleep without pacifier.

Xin2,

Ur hb say don't let him cry until so jialak, then did he try to help make him sleep n stop crying?

If u want to start CIO u must be prepare to 'REN' for few weeks, dependon when kayden will get use to this method

Xin2,

Have u any toys to diatract him? Rattles or something with sounds n lights. I find those handy when my boy cry, to get his attention then can attend to his needs when he is quite calm. Or u try singing n talking to him?

Mybe u can play soothing music too to help him sleep in the day? Or just to soothe his mood? I believe very much in music teraphy. Hope it can help ur boy.

Dont be sad ok... Smile to him, if u are sad he can feel for u and become more fussy. Be joyful, even though i cn imagine how hard it is to face crying baby..

Loca:

My boy will nt take the pacifier unless he really wanna sleep n give in Liao. If nt try to stuff into his mouth he'll push it out leh. Usually he'll also play n then start making noise Liao. Dunno how leh. So tiring lor.

Tiffy:

Hb nvr help la. He'll just carry lor. But I told him it's nt a long term solution leh. Carry for hours? Wen we go PIL hse or my parents hse, will end up carrying for hours lor. Cos grandparents dun wan let bb cry lor.

Wanna try CIO method but also worried bb cannot take it leh. Will bb end up losing voice or become moody or affected? Noticed my boy liked so sad sad lor. Hardly smile now. Always grumpy n grouchy look leh.

Ann:

Thks for ur suggestion. I use rattle with sound to catch his attention n get him to calm down. But once I put down the rattle, he'll cry again lor.

Will try using music Tmr but I doubt he'll listen leh. He'll just cry n cry lor.

Really headache lor. Dunno wat to do Liao.

Xin2,

Carry for long hrs not a gd method at all. Kayden will get addicted to want ppl to carry. Then in the end is mommy suffer coz most hb won't handle bb for long.

For me if I have nothing for him to play or nothing to talk to him, I will let him flip until he tired then he will rub his eyes n want his nap.

Hi mommies

Been a long while since i post although sometimes i do read posting.

Xin2, maybe you can try a security blanket - sometimes it works for my baby. Need not be a blanket, a soft toy also can. One of my baby's favourite is a frog soft toy.

My boy also dont like pacifier. He prefers to "bite" his frog or blanket - which is such a terrifying act to his father. ha ha ha .. i try to reduce it la but sometimes close 1 eye if it helps to calm him down.

16 weeks just flown over - by Mon I need to get back to office. Yah to quit my job. Already informed my boss. really pai seh

So envy you are able to leave your house on your own. I just cant cope handling a diaper bag plus a baby. he dont want to be on the stroller most times and I have to carry him with a baby carrier.

Xin2

This might sound crazy. Try bathing him again after the morning bath and see if he'll sleep? Perhaps the bath is very soothing for him so he can sleep?

Haha...I dunno if it'll work. But as a first time mummy, my motto is try everything.

Of cause it's not feasible to bath him so many times a day. But if really he sleeps better after bath, then you can proceed to maybe give him a wipe before nap time to help him sleep better?

Just a suggestion? =)

xin

Just my opinion I think u should not try the CIO method cos it makes him feel more insecure. Maybe cos I'm more against the idea of letting cry it out as it will have negative effects. But of cos it does work for some moms lah.

I used to be thinking why my boy also always cry.. This and that also cannot.. Maybe u try giving gripe water?? Till now... My boy has reached a point that he has suddenly stopped crying hysterically Liao. Only fuss when wanna sleep, drink and diapers wet. Sometimes it takes a little more patience and time... they won't be crying forever one bah

xin, depends on how far I go, if just downstairs, I will carry. Other places, depending on how stroller friendly. You have to take the first step. Once you try, you will find it easier and easier to go out by yourself. Start with going downstairs...at least you dun hv to bring much barang.

I did CIO with my boy. He didnt scream. But as Tiffy say you must be prepared to bear with it. Like loca, I also try to follow a 1.5-2 hr window. try to put him down for nap before he gets over stimulated/tired. Have more confidence in yourself. Is there any one else who can help? give yourself a break from the baby n you will be able to better handle kayden.

My boy is turning 4 months old on 1st feb & is currently drinking 180ml every 3hrs or 3 & 1/2 hrs but recently he seems like he has not been drinking enough, shld I increase his milk intake to 210ml? He seems to have a huge appetite. Maybe boys r like that

Thanks fifi! She finally pooped on e 5th day. I like e idea of chnging poopy diaper once a wk only.. Heh

Ann, i dun see any tooth sprouting out yet but her overall gums feels much harder now

Wah got gathering!! Eh how do i add myself to this fb group?

Xin2, * hugz* i hate seeing a crying baby, even if its not mine. Feels so frustrated not knowing wat they want. Dun gif up. Try all e diff methods e mommies here recommend. But im not so sure abt trying out CIO method on yr baby. Seems to me hes alredy feeling insecure if he wants to b carried all e time.

Shin:

I also starting to think that the CIO method so cruel leh. My boy was really screaming his lungs out lor. Haiz. Think I'll just carry n try to put him down wen he sleeps ba.

Wen ur bb keep crying last time u keep carrying also? Then now? Still need to carry him to sleep?

Really hope things will get better. Think my boy needs a lot of attention kind lor.

Marrisa:

Do u need to also carry ur bb to sleep? Then put down won't cry?

Xin2,

Yah CIO method is cruel. But I can't keep on carry a bb to sleep coz their weight is increasing, willb v tiring for us.

Like what Emmie said, u need to take the 1st step to bring bb out even if it is just downstair.

Must slowly let him get use to outside world.

Now everywhere I go is stroller, myboy sometime also cry in stroller because he want to sleep. Mostly this happen when I finish marketing so I will just push quickly back hm lor, n it just a walking distance fr supermarket to my hse but have 1 big junction to cross. But everytime just b4 I reach hm, he doze off in his stroller. Not easy but have to try lor.

Tiffy, your boy can flip back n fro? Last week, mine learnt to flip from tummy to his back...but now refused to try. He would just lie on his tummy. Lazy boy!

Xin, just keep trying. But u need to be consistent with whatever method you are trying. Cannot just try one time, didnt work then stop. Maybe u need a break away from the baby. I like the airline rule...always attend to yourself first before attending to the child. Might be hard to put in practice for a Sahm but even a 30 minutes break away is good enough. I enjoy going out supermkt by myself, leaving babe with my mum. Very auntie I know... At least it's time going out by myself without having to worry abt babe. I feel more energized after that...and I keep telling myself that if I panic, the baby can sense it n he gets even more worked up. So zen zen zen!

Xin, do u co- sleep wif baby? Some mommies here dun advocate co-sleep but i tink baby can sleep better knowing u r by his side n can feel Yr bodys warmth. My baby is also one of those insecure ones. She will cry her head off everytime i put her in cot. One day i was exhqusted n left her on my bed. Suddenly she stopped crying n slept!

Btw i latch my baby to sleep (lying down sideways on e bed) n gently stroking her head. Its like sleeping pill to her, v fast she'll fall asleep. But there r times shes like a bit diff to fall asleep so i usually watch her n see if shes been latching too long. Coz unlike other babies who will stop when they r full, mine will still suckle until she overfed n vomit :s so once i tink shes on e breast for quite sometime n still cannot sleep, i will sit up cross leged, put a pillow on my lap n prop her on top of e pillow n gently rock her to sleep. Like tiffy say, we cannot carry baby to sleep all e time coz they' ll get heqvier by e day. So her weight is mostly on my lap. Once she fall asleep. I jus slide e pillow from my lap to e bed so she wont wake up.

Wah, so many patterns to coax bb to slp. Isaac oso dun fall aslp on his own, usually I latch or we carry him.

Yday, he was so cranky b4 bedtime. Tired but cannot slp, dun want to latch. Luckily hb was home to take over for awhile n gif me a break.0

I still need to carry Josie to sleep nowadays. Only after that I can breastfeed her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My husband is the one usually carry her to sleep..

Xin, I guess bringing baby out is better for them too. I bring Josie out to church since she's 3 weeks old, because there's no one helping us to take care of her at home. She's now a very outgoing baby, any people can carry her and play with her. The only time she will cry is when we force her to drink milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I know my colleague's baby, I always asked him has he bring his baby out, after 1-2 months, he still say not yet. Even didn't bring her out to a park in the morning. As a result, she becomes quite a sensitive baby. Once they come to my house and the baby starts crying and crying very loudly..

For night-time I usually latch baby to sleep. But sometimes when he has difficulty sleeping, I will burrp him for a while, sing a bit, change position, etc etc ... I have no idea what works... anyway ... when I nurse him again, he'll usually drift off into lalaland very quickly.

Emmie,

my this stupid boy make me busy since he 2mth 3 weeks old that time. He can flip over 1 side at that time n few weeks ago he also can flip another side but still cannot flip back on his own. So make me busy to help him flip back lor

Tiffy, wow! He must be real strong! , at least he's willing to flip. Mine just lie there...until he busy tahan. Then I have to flip him.

Tiffy, yr baby can flip on his tummy ah? Sofea can only flip to her sides. But she ok la, she can flip back on her own.

Btw mommies, i realised the past few days my baby no longer naps for 30mins 4x a day. Now she naps 2x a day but can go as long as 2hrs each time. is this normal ah?

ps: I jus had a cup of coffee :p Buay tahan ah.. 3 consecutive days wake up 3-4x at nite.

Morning mummiessss n daddy...

My son has new pattern of sleeping now..

he will want to be carried, no more nursing to sleep! If let him stay there he will flip then want to move fwd.

Last time he will be happy on his tummy n seeing his toys. Now he will scream coz he wants to move fwd...

Agree with tiffy, more tiring hv to check on him everytime he scream, because he is getting "mobile" soon, though i am happy that he is growing well n reached new milestones on time... previously can leave him alone in the middle of my waterbed, because very hard to move on it. Now even in water bed he cn flip and move forward!! I have a nephew who cant move on waterbed when he was 6 mnth old.

Cant imagine how strong my boy is when he is 6mnth. Keep kicking n punching me too when throw tantrums.... ouchhh...

Marissa:

Then in the day how? Sofea can nap on her own or need carry?

Zuen:

When u carry issac to sleep put down will he cry? Then how? Carry up again?

Marrissa,

long long time can flip on tummy already lor. haiz....cannot flip back on his own, his face will all the way face the mat n he will cry for help lor.

Now he is on CIO method, i also have to stand outside my rm to observe him, in case he flip n face is facing on the mattress. I will only walk away when he is totally asleep.

oh this damn strong boy can kick me until i have 3 bruise on my legs

Back