(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Irene,

My bb is 6 weeks old. Initially for the first 2 weeks, she could not diff day and nite. She sleep in the day and woke up in the nites. We had sleepless nites for 2 whole weeks. (Btw my mum is my CL) Cos she cries alot in the nite and my dad has to work, so my mum carried her the moment she cries. Now, she is used to being carried, so she is using cry to make us carry her.

For the past 2 weeks, we realised that she has a new routine. ie today she is cranky, cries, refused to sleep during the day, always wants to be carried then tomorrow she will be more well behaved, can sleep better, less cries (only cries for milk).

So on the day when she is cranky, we have to carry her the whole day. I was totally exhausted. So difficult to make her sleep. Do you have such problem with your bb?

Stella,

My bb is 6 weeks old. She is still passing watery stools, i worried is lactose intolerance for her.

Xin,

I got the same problem as you - want to be carried!!! Carried means carry for whole day. So tiring...

marissa,

i'm using freestyle, sterlise until it change shape and turn yellow. Need to get a replacement or else will leak coz doesn't 'suck' on to the breast nicely anymore.

ian,

wat's ur wife's feedback on the pumpin pal super shield, looks like i no need to pump hunch back anymore with the super shield. thx! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

irene,

noted in case i need to buy. many thx! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

empress> okay wor..she totally stopped using the ones that came with the breastpump~ and its easy to clean also! can put in steamer~

Thinking of whether wan to stop giving bb breastmilk. Cos need to pump, sterilize n then warm up milk. No time to pump Cos need to carry bb. Think ss sure drop lor.

Very sad.

Shin:

U giving FM rite? How isit so far?

Ann

Thanks for reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My miL more tired than pissed.. Hehehehehe

Give my clothings?? Aiyo like that smelly smelly right?? Hahahahha!

Re: sling

I just went mothercare to see... The pupsilk one really looks better with the paddings and seems easie to use.. I shall ask them to demonstrate first and decide if wanna buy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin

Yep I give fm all the way

So far no problem ah.. Baby poo and pee as usual.. He's growing well also.. Drinks every 3hrs.. Just that need to give him some water lah... Fm a bit heaty and baby lips sometimes like dry.. So I give a little water [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin2.. I can under std how u may feel about thought of not bf-ding. I Thot of tt too. If it's too much for u.. Dun force yourself.

Initially i wanted full bf, but my ss was not there at all, I was so depressed. Now after CL is gone, I m doin most of bb care myself. No time to keep latching her. Lucky hubb can under std, n is ok w me jus partial bf. So nw I less stressed.

It's really not easy for us, no off, no break... Sometimes I no food even. When hubb goes to wk, mil doesn't initiate to ask me if I need any food in between meals, there maybe biscuits but that 's not wat I wan. N I dun feel comfy using mil like a maid.... So I m stressed abt tt too.

So tk it easy k... Hugz..

Shirley,

me same prob. Now I got to retrain my mil before retrain bb cos mil will carry hervtill she sleep.

Jus spent 2 hrs putting her to sleep cos I m retraining bb to put her in bassinet when drowsy, n fall asleep on her own...

Tough man!, jus now she pee on me when I bath her at 1130'. Now then I sit dn to eat lunch, not even hv time to shower myself yet. Sigh..

Mummies, anyone having backache till now? I wonder if it's the side effect of epi ? But so long meh? Already more than 1 month since gv birth. Anyone? Pl share...

Mummies using ameda, does yr milk flow like wat e manual says? Mine dripping throughout only. Also, anyone got the bigger breast flang? I think a bit small for me cos bit painful

wah.. So many posts to catch up on..

nycmum,

Hubby bought the yaolan from online. Preloved one as we don't know if baby will like it. We bought the frame and the motor, plus the sarongs (we made sure they are clean and washed them first of course). Better don't drill ceiling and get metal frame instead. If you wanna get brand new set, can go Chinatown's baby store - Cheong Choon. Just google for the address and contact details.

Re: diapers

I'm now using Drypers wee wee dry during the day sometimes. It's surprisingly good! Can hold a lot of pee. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nelc,

My mum gave my girl Jing feng san as well but only during her first couple of weeks. Now no more le. A better one is actually 宝婴丹 which is by Eu Yan Sang. Quite ex, but better than Jing feng san.

Irene,

Don't worry too much abt the startling. They will soon outgrow it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: slings

So far only used the Pupsik one, haven't tried MIM's.. My girl likes the Pupsik sling so far and sleeps VERY well in it. I just place her in cradle position, pat pat her and she's snug as a bug! Best of all, HANDSFREE!! hahaha!!

Xin,

I am also thinking when to stop pumping bm out for baby. Some days really no time nor energy to sit and pump. Now still tryin my best to provide what little bm I have.

Shin,

Not sure if u shared before, but how often do u give water to Aedan? Sometimes after fm, I try to give Jadelyn a bit of water but she will reject most of the times. And she haven't poo in abt 3 days already. Doc said normal but still prefer her to poo at least once a day. Not so good to keep all that shit inside right.. :/

irene,

I have backache too, i believe is becoz of having to carry the bb day and night and carry him while feeding sometimes they take so long to finish. I think very soon i'll have muscle on my arms too. LOL.. oh ya one more thing, coz previously i change bb at a cot which is a bit low so have to bend down and my backache badly, so now i change him at the changing station instead and is much better, except that i dun think he likes to lie on the changing station coz it's quite hard and with rubber texture.

don't think it's side effect of epi for my case.

Anyone keen to take over my bb's HA NAN 1 that is opened and still have half tin left? Doctor advised my bb to take soy powder instead of milk powder so I have NAN to let go...

Starry:

My son took 6-in-1 jab & Rotavirus (oral). Threw up after the Rotavirus and has been cranky for days since. Getting abit better yesterday and today though. My daughter wasn't this cranky. At most fussy for a day only.

RE: MIL & Mums

I get irritated when my MIL or mum tries to interfere with the way I handle my kids. Even flared up at them at times and at hubs when its my MIL that interferes. So now my MIL stays clear of me and somehow I am happier this way.

RE: Pump parts

For me, I sterilise and put them into an airtight box. Am not too sticky about sterilisation coz I feel cannot be too clean. WIll get ill more easily. I used standard breastshields and not soft-fit so no probs with sterilising.

Re: Slings & Carrier

I can't use sling. I find my back aches after just a few hours coz no proper support and all weight is on 1 shoulder. Good carriers are better. I use Beco. Both my #1 and son sleep well in it and beco-ing them when out is a breeze.

Empress,

u can buy the soft sponge for changing at mohercare. I saw earlier the cheapest is ard 30.

Wants to buy later when my baby room is not occupied anymore with guests.

I change on cot too n there is only abt 4~5 cm allowance for my boy now!

Thanks irene, empress. No wonder i realised dat my breastshield a bit out of shApe n starting to look a bit coloured.

Thanks ian for e link.'when my this medela breastshield go kaput will get frm dat website. Hmm but so many sizes, not sure wat my bra size is now.

Thanks stella! This evening will try wipe baby earlier n not under e lights. See if she can sleep tonite erm but downstqirs my void deck got malay wedding n karaoke. Baby being a light sleeper seems to haf a bit of trouble napping. Hopes e singing stops soon!

Xin: Don't give up bf-ing. I also don't have much supply but demand = supply. Keep pumping, you will have the supply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hope i can bf till my bb is 4 mths old at least...

Fifi,

Beco can carry from newborn right?

Hv u heard the new beco gemini? if im not wrong ur hubby biz is selling bby stuffs? if yes n u sell beco, any review abt gemini?

Xin2,

Dont give up. Just give whatever u cn pump n top up with fm. Not considering to fully latch on? actually easier than fm no need bottle at all. Hehe.

Hi starry... 

Me too no time to pump, sometimes dun feel like latch also cos I m so sweaty n sticky. N tired,,

Xin2.. 

Jus tk it easy... Every time I tell myself, this will pass, this will pass...

Empress7

I think initially it was due to e epi for me, but now could b all e carrying, n feeding, n the bending. I change her at the change station but cos I'm tall, so I still got to bend dn a fair bit... Actually I also hv neck ache cos every time need to look down when bf n pumping. 

FIFI

U mean e rotavirus jab may cause side effects like throwing up?

Marissa, 

I hv 3 dogs at hm n they bark when people walk pass outside e door, bb can get startled many times in one nap... Sigh...

Hi mummies,

Can I ask how much milk are you feeding? My girl is 5weeks old and 5kg. I'm feeding her 80-90ml ebm every 3hrly. Is it too little? Sometimes she doesn't finish her milk n left 10-20ml(which means she drink 60-70ml only). She doesnt ask for milk in between feeds so I didn't increase.

How to know when to increase milk?

My fren's baby is drinking 100-120ml ebm/fm every 2hourly and his baby is 4 weeks old n weigh lesser than mine. So makes me wonder if I'm under feeding.

HOw much to feed baby can be calculated acording to weight right?

NYC,

from my childcare book from tmc, it says 150ml X weight of bb then divide by no. Of feeds.

But i can,t use the equation cos i dunno my bb,s exact weight. She last weigh 4 kg abt 2 weeks ago, measured at pd,s clinic. Pd,s guide for me is add every 15ml every week.

My bb is on bf n fm mixed. Either one she can drk up to 120ml, but I feed her only when she cry for milk, so not exactly fixed timing, agar agar time only.

Mummies, do u put yr bb in air con room? How many degrees ? Wat do u let yr bb wear when in aircon rm? N wat u let bb wear when not in air con? My bb wear Short sleeve romper at hm with a thin diaper cloth wrap ard her tummy n legs, it started this way by the CL. Anyone else do this?

Anyone let te bb wear long sleeve at home? Is it too warm for bb? Cos my bb will perspire ESP when bf, n of cos wailing n crying.

Xin,

I rem you have good ss of bm wor. If u find it too troublesome to express, why not try latching? I solely express with no 1too n it is only achievable if you have help. Otherwise, really crazy, rushing from task to task. Jia you!

Irene,

My boi always wear short sleeve n shorts at home n even sleep time. He doesn't slp in aircon room. My mum always worried that he will catch a cold at night and wanted to cover him with blanket or let him wear pants but he always feel so warm n sometimes even perspiring when i picked him up for night feed lor. I think I will be comfortable too if I wear shorts if I m him lor. Lol!

feeding

My bb is 6.5 wk and is drinking 90-120ml every 2-3 hr, feed on demand. Usually will give 90ml first, if he demand for more then give another 30ml. Sometime after giving the additional 30ml, he wants more! I also dunno if can give as long he can drink.

Teat size

I just changed his teat size to M and he finish the milk super fast, leak a little thou.. not sure if i should continue, coz the S size sometimes too slow, range from 10 mins to 45 mins, at times keep falling asleep half way.

aircon room

my bb is in aircon room since born, 20 degree. I find it quite cold but he seems ok in short sleeves shirt and diaper. I do swaddle him but he always loosen and kick the blanket off, and i find his back perspire whenever i lift him up to feed, so i've removed the waterproof protector since.

Jac

I try to give Aedan twice a day.. but not too much.. usually i give him an hour before OR after his feed.. cos sometimes not time yet for milk and he fusses,i will give him some water lor.. if not sometimes his urine very yellow ah.. not good!

Fifi

for now i think can use slings.. when he is older i intend to invest in a carrier too! hehe

nycmum

i am feeding Aedan abt 80-90ml FM every 3hrly... previously i increased i think during the week he having growth spurt and he was drinking 120ml... soon, i think he couldnt take it he kept vomitting... my PD says 80-90ml for my boy's age is just nice.. i tink its time to increase when the usual feed cannot sustain him for 3 hours lor.. thats what i feel lar... if he keeps crying after 1 hr plus or 2 hours after every feed then maybe its time to increase??

Irene

sometimes if the night is warm, i turn aircon on to 26 deg.. and switch it off in the middle of the night.. and turn on fan.. usually at night i change my boy to long sleeves when i clean him up in the evening.. in the day will be short sleeves with the cloth diaper wrapped around. At night same.. but i will wear socks for him (day time booties) and if he sleeps in fan at night, i used the cloth diaper to wrap him and another thin blanket to cover him.. if in aircon then i wrap him with thicker cloth and 2 layers of blankets... i tried letting him wear pants on cold days but he sweat so i removed them! hehehe

empress

baby sleeps in aircon room at 20 deg??? isnt it too cold for him? its even cold for adults liao.. ahhaha.. thats what i think lah.. even my aircon also only 24 deg for me when i sleep.. so for baby i put 26 deg and its just nice...

re:sling

i bought the pupsilk sling pouch today! its my saviour!!! cos he slept so soundly in it and even snored!!!!! hahhahhhaha

Irene: Ya, sweaty and sticky. I can understand but no choice, i feel that is better to bf. I also hate the washing of bottles and sterilising but latching was unsuccessful for me so had to pump out.

You have 3 dogs? I have have but 1 only. Super noisy when ppl walk at corridor. How can you take care of 3 dogs and a bb?!

Re: Aircon

My PD said can sleep in air con room, but temp at 25 degree. I will wear long sleeve for my gal. I guess depends on the bb, if she can tahan short sleeve, i should be ok.

Nycmum: My bb is 6 wks old and is only 4 plus kg but she is drinking 100 ml ebm every 2 hrly. I tried giving her 110/120 mls, but she cant finish so i stop at 100 ml. The lactation consultant also said to increase little bittle bit every week but i tried increasing, my bb cannot take it so it kept giving her the same amt.

Empress: Teat size M? U using NUK bottles?

Ann:

Beco can be used from about 3.5kg. I have been using Beco Butterfly 2 to carry my son since about 6 weeks. Yes my hubby is an authorised Beco retailer but he has yet to get the Gemini stocks so canno really comment. However, I think since Beco Butterfly 2 is such a fantastic carrier, Gemini shld be great as well.

Irene:

My gal did not have such side effects. My boy has the tendency to throw up coz of reflux so I don't think its really side effects of the rotavirus vaccine. Its more of his reflux + fear of the vaccine (coz after that he dun seem to even like bottle anymore).

nycmum:

FM has to be increased according to age. The calculations ard are all for FM. EBM does not need to be increased in the same way. Let you child decide how much to drink.

Shirley

i bought the non reversible one.. If you use Amex to pay, after 15% discount i paid abt $39+ only.. i think worth to buy lah... hahahas!

Xin, starry. Dun give up on bf-ing k? I know it's tough on ur own cos I went thru that with my first girl. All by myself so I jus latch her all the time n if still not enuff I'll make fm for her. We give wat we can. N believe it or not, I find that my girl immunity is very good even tho she was partially bf. She really hardly fall sick at all. N she is also very very close to me. So pls do not feel sad or that u r shortchanging ur child.

Being a happy mom is more impt. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also have backaches but I believe is due to my poor pumping n carrying BB posture. Unlikely due to epi.

My boi slept from 7pm to 1am w/o feed! I woke up at 1am n wonder why nobody woke me up. Even had to wake him up for his nite feed. Aiyo, times like that makes mr worry.

Shin: U bought at Mothercare?

Haiz..I was wondering how to bring my bb to try on..She just recovered from her bronchitis recently and i dont her to be exposed to crowded places..

Re pupsilk baby pouch

I went to enquired on this @ causeway pt mothercare. The SA demo on hw to use the sling for my boy. I tried put him in and seems quite ok. I wanna get it but no stock for M. Hv ordered and will go collect and buy coming wk.

Ya the SA also told me Amex credit card can hv 15% off ^^

Re Amt of milk

My boy is 8wks old le but I'm giving him 100-110ml. Used to give 120-130ml but he keeps on splitting the milk out. I scare overfed him and his stomach can't take it or digest quick enuff. However reduced amt also caused him to split the milk. Am thinking if I should give him more milk. He actually can finish 120-130ml if given him. Any advice?

Brought him to see a family physician and he explained splitting of milk suppose is common but merlioning is not and needs to be monitored. Denzel merlioned a few times (milk actually spurt out). Now he still split the milk but in larger amt. Any baby also like this?

Shin

Maybe my aircon is older so 20 maybe like 23 of new aircon. But I'm freezing n cover with quilt. Both hubby n baby seems dun like to cover blanket. My bedroom aircon is on almost 24 hours a day!

Shirley

I'm using pigeon. Anyway I change back to teat S Liao.. Coz mafan keep leaking thou he finish real fast, also worried he choke

Shin, empress, n zuen

I use air con @ 26 degrees when it gets too warm also, i worry she catch cold or get used to too cool temp then we will hv a new prob as we can't hv air con on all the time at hm.

FIFI,

rotavirus vaccine is taken orally?

Shirley,

I also prefer latch to bottle, only can't gauge the amount she drank. Initially when she got really cranky, hubb n mil question if it was becos breastmilk not enough n dunno how much fm to supp, so pump out to see how much bm I hv. I dun really like to pump cos I find there,s wastage of milk, n I dun really hv gd supply of bm already.

No choice for the dogs, we hv 2 for many years, then my mil brought hers when she came to stay with us. Hubb n I both can't bear to gv them away, they are also like our kids. Generally well behaved except for barking when pple walk by corridor, lucky we r end unit, if not worse,

zuen

Why u worry?? I thought sometimes it's good just let them sleep since he didn't cry?? Wah.. But 6 hrs apart really a bit long.. Hehehe if only it was 12-6am then shiok!! No need night feeds [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shirley

Yep I bought it at Mothercare.. Didn't bring baby to try cos right now I've yet to bring baby to shopping malls.. Think when he is slightly older then bring.. I just whack and buy without trying with baby.. Haha

Empress

Hmmm icic.. But since u are freezing, why not make it less cold? Too cold not good for baby woh... Somemore don't wanna cover blanket even worse.. Haha!

Shin

My hubby says 20 is jus right.. Lol.. Maybe they both same 体质.. Not afraid of cold

Irene

U r right I think my bb got used to winter already, if put him in living room for a nap without aircon, he can't sleep well or can't even fall asleep..

Anyone shaving bb botak yet? When do u intend to shave them? Or not shaving at all.. I find there hair getting lesser, is it normal to drop hair?

Bblin,

My gal used to merlioning when she was 2-3 weeks old.

Brought her to the PD, said was due to colic. PD gave her ridwind, you want try?

I feel my bb still have wind in her stomach now but she dun merlioning her milk anymore. And yes little spitting of milk is normal.

Maybe reduce his milk cos different bb different intake of milk.

Empress: Yes, we don't give the bb air con 24 hrs, PD also advise dun give.

Re: shaving of head

Most of my frens shave their bb at 4 mths old.

Hello mummies n Ian,

Been MIA for so long. Only have time for facebooking. Hope everyone n babies is fine here

Re: pigeon teat

My boy already 2mth old but I tried changing teat to Y teat, he choke so I have to use back size S too. But feeding time always take v long, 30min to 45min

Bblin,

Mothercare @ causeway pt have pupsik sling? Hmm I want to kpo go n take a look n see how it look like.

Xin, starry

Don't give up pumping lor. Me 1 woman show have to cook, wash, handle bb n interact with my girl aft she us back fr sch, also never thought of stopping expressing bm. That's explain why I seldom have time to come in here to chitchat. I can even doze off in the daytime when I feeding my boy. See how tired I can be. Sigh... But just have to endure

Baby clothings

I dress my boy in rompers in the day with booties/socks. In the nite, I dress him in long sleeve shirt, long pants, booties/socks and mittens cos he sleep in air con rm.

Air con

My air con only on at nite, either 25 or 26 degrees, depending on the temp of tt nite

Empress,

I not intending to shrave. Never shrave for dd too.

Ian,

Sling easier for newborn. My ergo only can use when bb 6 mths old.

ian, i do pram as well so that he can lie down to sleep...but sometimes he just needs to be carried and its easier with the carrier... Plus with the bjorn, my hubby can use it too. slings not exactly meant for guys :p

Fifi,

thx for reply. Im seriously consodering buying carrier soon. I think sling is not suitable anymore. My boi is alrdy 5.8 kg n i hv back pain carrying him on 1 shoulder yesterday!!

Shaving,

hubby shaved my boi himself when he is 1 mth +.

Spend 3 hours and 2 razors.. Hehe..

Now i wanna cry coz he only grow back his hair in some areas.. Huhuhuhu.. How..???? before that it was nice n quite thick.

Irene,

how was ur attempt getting ur bby to sleep while nursing??

morning mummies, i am from the nov thread...just wondering if you can share the contact/ price of your massage lady if you think she is good? i went thru c-sect delivery so hope to get someone more experienced in that area...really appreciate it...thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back