(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Nice meeting up with you 3 ladies too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb(dreamz), the food at Heeren is slightly more exp right? But has a better spread. 313 side is more value for money. haha!

Morning ladies,

Never logged in for a long time. How's ur babes now?? My boy seems like a toddler now in some of his photos. But he is STILL not sleeping thru. Sigh... when will my day come?

Leobaby

Hope to join u for the bb bash though i think my hubby wun be so keen. He would rather nua at home with my boy on weekends nowsadays.

Ebelle and mummies

Miss the thurs gathering. Let's have another one again soon. This time we go back to Heerens basement ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby food

Can mummies share what have you tried to give ur babies? I ran out of ideas again. Here's what i have tried.

Vege: Corn, spinach, chinese spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, old yellow cumcumber

Fruits: pear, apple, peach, mango, dragonfruit, payaya, banana, blueberries, apricot, prunes, plum, wolf berries

Root: pumpkin, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, parnips

Others: Tofu, yoghurt, cheese, bread, chicken, fish, pork, baby puffs, biscuits, ikan bilis, white bait fish

Grains: Rice, porridge, brown rice, barley, oats

Talking about yoghurt

I think i would want to try out the other brand's bb yoghurt.. Can be found at The Market place. Saw that Jasmine found a different brand at taka supermarket.. The "6 ingredients only" marked on it sounds good. DOn't know what the brand name though.

OP,

Someone i know is having her #5 child leh. Super hor. I think having 4 is crazy liao.

So any sept mummy having / planning for ur next baby liao?? Share with us ur good news and encourage us 1st time mummies hor. ;)

I haven't done anything for Gideon's 1st birthday. I may not be doing anything after all. Super tired.

CCK mummies,

Anyone interested for playdates in June?

CCk playdate:

ME ME ME! Will take leaves in Jun, super stressful recently, struggling hard to achieve work-life harmony, think I deserve a good break! Still have balance of 31.5 days leave, dunno how to "consume" it, take leave and work from home?! *faint*

yv0nne >> Thanks gal! I made a trip to NTUC last nite and saw the yoplait yoghurt (6 mini cups type) @ the usual shelves for all other yoghurts - but i din see any 'baby' specific ones. the 6 mini cups type indicated "1+ year", so i gathered dat it's not appropriate for 8-9mths old yet. Hope I'm right? Hee..

pommelow >> Wow ur food list is comprehensive! I can oni identify a few items fm ur list dat i'm oredi giving my boy. Haha!

May I noe how do u prepare the CHICKEN and PORK? Blend into the porridge? Cos my boy no teeth yet so he can't quite chew on meat. :p

For BREAD, is it the normal bread dat we adults eat?

And CHEESE, which type is suitable for our babies? And how do prep them?

Thanks for ur sharing on the yoghurt too! I'm keen to noe how do u recognise dat the yoghurt is suitable for our babies of this age (less than a yr old)?

Thanks again mummies!

Birthday Bash on 13 August 2011 @ Gymboree

Tigress mum has just sent an email to us regarding the personlizes cupcakes with the babies' name . Pls PM me if u did not receive her mail.

Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cck playdate... Can i join..

Cheese ibought a brand kiri cheese. Blue packaging. Inside is cube type. I just let aidan it on its own. Sell in finest.

Pomme wolfberry asin the one for soup? How to give?

hi all. wanna check. my baby has little bumps on his bum. is this diaper rash? he has not had diaper rash before. should i put moisturizer/ diaper rash cream on these ?

i change his diaper about 3-hrly.

Pomme, ur off days r wed and thur rt? Arrange to catch up... Y u not keen on bb birthday celebration? Ur hub and folks not keen too?

Pinky: 27th my hols over liao. Nxt wk u free?

Pinky wat u planning for Kyra ?

Hi pommelow... Can I know wats e definition of sleeping thru e night?

Do u mean that babies of this age shld b able to drink at abt 9pm n wake up next morning at abt 6am for e next feed?

My girl normally drinks at 8+pm n will wake up at abt 4am for milk, is it gd enough? Or shld I b stretching it if poss? I have read somewhere that night feeds after a certain age is not beneficial to e kid...

My elder boy only stops night feed at 2 yrs old!!

cck playdate

Wed or thurs anyone? My off days. Weekend a bit hard for me.

Diamantz

The chinese gouji berries. I normally throw a few like 5 - 6 berries into the slow cooker with the rice to cook porridge.

Ebelle

I am just plain lazy mum.Plus my hubby not keen, he keep saying my boy wun remember a thing and he wun have much friend to jio for his birthday. Am still thinking about it.

Sunshines

Most books says 5 hours of non stop sleep is considered sleeping thru. I am more inclined to ur definition of 9pm last feed sleep until 6am. Some says it is a habit that needs to be broken. I will need to try that on my off days and see how.

Tinkerstars

I gave mild chedder. I read somewhere can give ricotta cheese too.

Diamantz

Window grills , depend on the quality . The contractor should have explain the diff types of window grills

For the little Bumps, best to chk with docs. Travis"s bcg becomes blue black color n a little bump,went to c doc, he say is ok

Lunch on 6th June @ Somerset 313 Tarafuku

11.30am. Pls confirm by Friday 3rd June.

1) Yvonne

2) Shinchan

3) Hushlilbb

4) Vinee

babies this age should be sleeping about 10 hrs at nite and 1-2 hrs stretch 2 times a day.

aidan only sleeps about 9 hrs at night with one feed. but he fulfils the sleep quoata in the day...

pomme > i'm ok with any date. i just quit! ;p

phyphy > thanks. i guess mine is reliable cos is FIL friend. but i thought it was a bit expensive cos i read before that it's about $8-900 only.

Diamantz..

What happened? You quit to be a SAHM?? Good for you. I can't cos my mum just quit recently to help me take care of my boy.

I am facing some mid life career crisis now. At the cross roads and not sure what to do. Sigh.

Pomme its quarter life crisis;p. .. Not going to be sahm.. Getting another job... Maybe a second degree (but i doubt can cope) or home base business?

Hihi would like to join the bash n meet u all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: $10 required for booking of venue and perhaps food (non refundable)

Dateline for confirmation : End May 2011

Pls note that a deposit is required for the organiser to secure the venue and facilitate their organising and planning.

Pls add your names into this list below to reserve your slot for this party:-

1)Leo baby

2)Yvonne

3)Mag

4)Pinkyluv

5) Jessica Ong

6) Elle Sie

7) hushlilbb

8) Shinchan

9) babymaine

10) Elizabeth Tan

11) Angela

12) babieeeG

13) finnez

14) ilyena

woah!!! the forum was quite quiet for a while until now im back from malaysia!!! looks like many discussion going around :D

CCK meeting~

Can i meet too? My hubby just trasferred to yew tee after the "big wind blow" his company had recently so can pop by to say hi to him :p

Baby food~

my boy dun eat very well...finally picking up ytd...BUT he got the cough bug from me..which was passed from my hubby...now im suffering terrible throat, bad cough, headaches and a grumpy baby!!! before my bb has teeth he has been eating cut up food(not mashed cos he dun lik it to be mushy before it reaches his mouth)

carbohydrates: rice, millet, plain flour(i baked muffins that are baby friendly for my bb), baby pasta, bread(many types eg:gardenia)

veg: carrots, sweet potato, seaweed(powdered kind),tomato(in soup)

Fruits: avocado, banana, blueberries(the only berry with no allegies), apples, grapes, orange

Protein(wanna keep him vegetarian till 1yo): Egg yolk, tofu, cheese(laughing cow), soya bean.

Hello friends! Finally clearing the rest of my maternity leave so I'm finally contributing to the forum after so many months =). How are you all doing?

I realized that my boy isn't so close to me. Guess that's the result of being too tired to carry him when i come home. He looks for the maid, my mom, or even my dad who drops by occasionally. When my dad faces his palms out, like want to carry bb, bb will quickly flap arms to be carried by him. I tried the same thing, guess what, bb just turn away!

OK, time for bonding now. But I'm not sure what activities to do with him. Do you all have any ideas please? Many many thanks!

BTW Kristelle, my boy don't eat very well too. I suspect it's the variety of texture in his food. But since he likes avocado, i feed him that quite a lot. Very dense in calories.. Where do you get the powdered seaweed kind? How do you feed tomatoes? isn't it too sour for bb?

Diamantz, my boy can't nap 2 hrs at one go. we break it up into many half hour slots. Terrible i know, but that's because we need him to be sleepy in order to trick him into drinking his milk! So after 30min of sleeping, we slowly carry him and poke the bottle nipple in... if we are not careful and he wakes up too much, that's it! Milk wasted! 'cos he won't drink. How... ?

kristelle: how to cook millet? like rice? and where to get powdEr seaweed? tomato a bit acidic, dun give too much till after 10 mths.

ccpet > like that very jialat, can only rest half hour each time. how about decreasing the milk and increasing things like cheese. better to chec with the PD.

ccpet- my bb likes to eat hard type...so quite hard cos he dun like being choked too...but now he is slightly improving...he loves banana n grapes :D...i got my powdered seaweed from a organic store near my place...seems lik more organic store in s'pore now...i got 2 near my place :p...tomato MUST give cooked ones...cos it will breakdown the acid...n if u cook in soup it will oso dilute the sourness~

was busy at work and has not been checking out forum too

ccpet

good to cya again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can buy mega blocks..big pieces tat he wun choke on and then build things together

ebelle

hehe, i will be planning a birthday bash for kyra in the comfort of my own house

birthday banner, balloons set up and neo garden buffet and painting my living room wall PINK for it :p

ok, lets arrange another gathering then..is it the term break for u now

anyway, there is free pap amear for this month..yday me & colleagues were talking abt it, one was saying that all ladies can go for it, but i was telling her for ladies who had sexual intercourse lah..am i right ?

just then, a lady L intercepted and said her little L very shy ..never meet strangers b4..

the rest of us nearly died fr laughing

diamantz- i cook my tomato with carrots so not too strong taste of tomato...millet can be cooked like rice but needs to be soak for hours 1st

leo baby

wat kristelle mean is that got to soak before cook so as to shorten the cooking time.

cck gathering

keep me posted too maybe can join in

leo_baby: i tried lots of times...without soaking in small porportion will cause it to burn but not soft like rice...i soak 1 morning that day it turned out fine...u can try :D

Kristelle - can share how do you make the pasta sauce? =) or pasta with something else? which brand and where did you buy the baby pasta?

Thanks!

Hi ccpet... My baby girl is juz liike urs, take a few half an hr naps each day... Occasionally she wil take a 2 hrs nap...

My helper hardly has time to do hsework if we r not ard [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pomme >> Guess you missed out my question in the sea of responses. Haha!

Referrring to your food list..may I noe how do u prepare the CHICKEN and PORK for ur bb ah? Blend into the porridge? Or ?

OP: I think I missed out your ques. I prepared pasta with tomato puree and cheese. Haha.. Easy as ABC. Then i also tried white sauce pasta.. J'don loves it but d smell is too milky for me. EEEww.

Kristelle: millet soak in water? yest i saw millet but the form of it is like cereal.. How to soak in water?

Diamantz: i too cook tomatoes with carrots, potaotes and onion as stock. wont taste sour.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummyliang: pasta can b bot in NTUC/ organic store.. theres this pasta stars which is v small in size.. suitable for them now. Brand is Bellamy's

Morning mummies.

My girl worse, nap a few times x only half an hour :S

CCK playdate, please confirm time and venue, will be taking leave :p

Yo moms, ccpet and I r miting gpr lunch either Thur or fri, any1 wana come? We can go Keseiki, pomme? Yvonne? Bbdreamz?Mango?sinchan?etc?nn

Anymore mummies would like to join us? the more the merrier! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: $10 required for booking of venue and perhaps food (non refundable)

Dateline for confirmation : End May 2011

Pls note that a deposit is required for the organiser to secure the venue and facilitate their organising and planning.

Pls add your names into this list below to reserve your slot for this party:-

1)Leo baby

2)Yvonne

3)Mag

4)Pinkyluv

5) Jessica Ong

6) Elle Sie

7) hushlilbb

8) Shinchan

9) babymaine

10) Elizabeth Tan

11) Angela