(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

phyphy

Which week you looking at going?

Im fine with weekdays but need to apply leave lo.

I will be on leave on the following days... hee

11 to 13 May

16 May

20 May

Pomme, yvonne, phyphy, leo,

Goto postpone lunch. Elisabeth is down w bad cough. On nabuliser again[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. I'l arrange anor one soon. Paisei...

why is it girl side parents help out where guy side family do jack shit and the baby follow guy side surname..KNS!! Lets start a revolution!!! if guy do nothing, fucking hell lets go with the girl surname.... I ammm damm tulan

sorry ladies.. no place to vent my frustation.. want to do it on fb but scare later my parents xyz me for doing so hahaha

Hi, Clueless. How're u doing now? yup, can totally undertand ur frustration. mine also e same. e best part is still can critisize me when they do nothing. DAMN TL!!!

hi mummies, like to know from those of you who are giving your babies Friso...do you have any lobang for lower priced Friso? It seems the price has increased yet again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Cos even Kim Sang is tagging it at $29/$30 now. Used to be $27/$27.50.

Thanks!

Hi,

Planning to have a family trip (2 adults, a 5 yrs old & 8 mths bb) to Bangkok. Any suggestion for gd & value hotel? Near BTS & shopping prefer. TIA!

Clueless,

How have you been?? Don't get so upset.. not good for your health. You still have us here in the forum to listen to you when you are angry.. Come here to vent..

Wkltay

Singaporeans mostly like to stay at Pathumwan Princess which is next to BTS and next to Mah Boon Krong shopping complex plus paragon siam too.

BBL

Happy for you. Do update us on ur new job when you are there.

wkltay,

I never stay at novetel before.. but should be ok since it is the novetel chain. One of our mummies stayed at Mandarin hotel and it was super for her. BUt that hotel is not near BTS.

Would advise you to go Silom soi 5 (near sala deang sky train). Locals call it the soi lai lai sup. Flea market catering to locals working in silom. 11 am to 4 pm only on weekdays. There is a shop (not stall) that sells carters, gymboree infants and toddlers clothes at factory prices.

mummyliang

Nope, not sure what is plaice. I think chinese would normally give fish such as cod, pomfret and threadfin. Just follow our asian palate.. if not nicole may not take to local food later.

Clueless,

You are not alone.

I also came in to vent my anger. Wiser to do it here than on fb.

My hb side oso dun help out. Instead almost every week they give me problem. And my job is getting more and more demanding. Customer is demanding, my colleague from other team is also not co-operative. My boss says they are eyeing on my account trying to steal from me. As such, they always find fault with me.

On 2days mcs last week also need to work from home. Reply emails. Lost my voice also was force to take calls. Heartless supervisor and customer. I applied my 1 wk ML leave last month then supervisor ask me to cancel either 1 day or 2 days. Finally, it was decided that I will only take 4days starting on Tues. Ytd, my supervisor called at 9am asking why I am not at work. I was so surprise, she approved my leave form and then ask me this qtn. She only has 6 staff under her lor, not say she got 60 staff then she dunno who goes on leave. Furthermore, mine is ML and planned de lor. Then she pretend say, oh you not attending the meeting arrange by xxx. I was like helo, just bcos somebody schedule a discussion. I got to cancel my leave.

Next she ask me how come I didn't resend the proposal which a customer ask for ytd. That moment, I cannot tahan liao. I send out the proposal ytd afternoon before going out for appointment and she is cc in the loop. The customer miss the email, she ask whether I send her anot. So I replied using my iPhone saying already send out earlier please double check. (My supervisor she like that cannot - then I ask her how? I cannot attached proposal using iPhone) I was upset, this customer sms me at 8am. I told her I am on leave and am at the hospital bringing my mum for checkup. Ask her please check with my supervisor. Then she call and complain - XYZ.....

Problematic PIL. Lazy hb. Unreasonable customer. Heartless supervisor. War Zone everyday - at home and at work, I m so drain out and discourage. What is in for me....

tiger lily and clueless,

U ALL are not alone.

i also super vexed with everything now. so stressed until my hubby asked me to check in to a hospital to get warded and get some rest. i am mentally tired. My mom helps me keep an eye on the maid who help takes care of my gal. yest, we decide to give her back her hp as promised..and problems start arising as she talks on phone more than 1 hr. they dont appreciate what we give to them..=( daily,i leave my daughter n maid in my mom's place n go back home everynite jus my hubby and i cos we need to work. at close to 11pm my mom still calls and say my maid is talking on phone. my dad(like many other men) was unhappy with my mom for being so calculative, and think she is picking on the maid, then they ended up in quarrel. now my mom says ask me think of alternative or bring my maid back to my house, as with the maid in her house,it is brewing trouble, and lots of unhappiness and stress due to difference in views. while discussing with my hubby for solutions till late into the night yesterday, we started quarrelling, then end up i din sleep. now zombie-ing in the office during lunch time to vent my pent up frustations too.

i m sick of the maid's attitude bt stressed up by my mom's nagging. there is work stress too,plus i am switching job soon. thinking of using a babysitter instead,bt it will be taxing on our part especially mine,as my hubby sometimes doesnt come home.

lots to tink about...super drained also

Clueless, Tigerlily, Bevemum

Sigh, I am also no better than you all. Also facing problems and issue with hubby's side. Super hyper long story.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5450739.jpg]

Gd morning mummies

Hugs for clueless , tigerlily n bevemum

Clueless

Regarding surname , I got a friend her 1st son follow pApa surname n the 2nd son follow her surname.

Bbl

Congrat on finding a new job

Ebella

Take care. Speedy recover for Bb. Pd give instruction for how many days on the machine?

Hi Mummies

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have 4 packs of Huggies Ultra L34 (Purple Packaging) and 8 packs of Huggies Pull Up L12 for sale or exchange.

Looking to exchange to:

1. Huggies Pull Up M size OR

2. Huggies Dry Comfort M size (Red Packaging) OR

3. Mamy Poko M size OR

4. Kodomo Cleanser for Baby Bottles and Accessories

Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar). If you take all 12 packs, I will deliver to your house.

If you are interested, pls contact me at 8421 5286 or PM me.

Ebelle

hope Elizabeth can be well soon !

when u gals wan to meet for lunch again ?

i will take leave if i can

Tigerlily, Bevmum, Jynnsan, clueless

hope things will go well for u ladies , tmr will be a better day

=========================

SIGH* kyra fell from a great ht yesterday..hb was lying with her on top of his body on the sofa and he fell asleep..

and she fell off to the cold hard floor fr his body on top of sofa

1st time this happens alto she always sleep on top of him..

both hb and me super upset yday, we were both saying sorry to kyra repeatedly

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5466250.jpg]

glad so far so good..we will take measures to ensure that this will never happen again

pinkyluv

ouch ouch and many many xxoo to kyra. She will be fine, but can imagine both yours and ur hb hearts must be torn to pieces at the sight n sound of crying :-(

Super pissed off with hb at this wee hours!!!!

Ask him make milk for christy, he actually mixed in Meiji fresh milk for her!!! How can he anyhow mix milk for her at such young age? He say he given her less powder but also cannot anyhow mix what. Less powder then put less water lah! Anyway she already drank fr my nn already. Kor kor drink like this mixture doesn't mean mei mei also can do it in this way!!! Super pissed!!! In the end, I dont allow her to drink, carried her away to another room. He bo bian pour the milk for kor kor, I make the milk myself. Risky man!!!!

wow karen...that is really risky.. well but he would say.. "how would i know mei mei cannot drink like that" then you really "paingz" hit head on the wall.

ladies, i am feeling much better now. Weather melbourne really cold... and windy. Well the other hand, i am eating like a horse. haha can eat big bowls of rice and noodles and chips hahha 65kg liao and with a big tummy .. haih.. but once i get stress, i want to eat!! when i am angry.. i want to eat... but then hor.. not much time to eat nor even go toilet.. so busy with little one till now starting to settle in better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oh and i started shopping for my babies clothes!!

is it baby kena head week or what pinkyluv...

crystin hit her head while i was carrying her to the door.. i was holding her then she swing and "bang" hit the door.. haih... a bit red and a slight lumpy.. hope it goes away soon ... >.< horrible mommy i am.. .

Jin Ong,

I got mine at watson. I think most of them have it, pls make sure its the one for baby one, not they adult one.

sorry to interupt,

I've some boots milkbag to let go at $10/box.

Each box contains 40milkbags that can freeze up to 300ml each.

Pls pm me if u're interested.

Thanks

Jia jia you ben nan nian de jing... Have not log in for a long time... Bb has not been feeling well

since turning 7th mth.. Maternal antibodies gone.. Running nose cough fever diarrhea all kena liaoz.. Recovering from

flu now.. Every mth has to take 3-5 days of leave.. Chiam... Infant care really that bad?! Anyway to boost immunity? Everyone tells me will outgrown..think I will be fired before that happens:[

Hi, I have 8 new tins of Similac Follow-on (900g) - New Most Advanced to let go @$18 each.

Collect between redhill mrt - clementi mrt

Anyone interested pls let me know.

Happy Baby Puffs & Bellies

Hi mommies. I've some puffs and bellies (cereals) to let go. My baby is not keen on them anymore - have been trying for the past 1 week to make her interested in them. I bought them from the overseas BP section, so am letting go at the same prices. Preference for delivery is by mail but I can meet up at MRT stations after work. Please PM me if interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Puffs - $4.80 (2 each: strawberry, greens, sweet potato)

Bellies/cereals - $5.80 (2 each: brown rice, oatmeal, multigrain)

Expiry: Jan-Mar 2013

hello mummies! like to find out from those of you who have had experience bringing your babies on a holiday...particularly on feeding. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm probably planning a trip to Seoul in Nov but have some concerns which will impact my decision.

My boy will be abt 14mths old this Nov. As we'll most likely be following tour group, I'm quite concerned about managing my boy's feed and sleep schedule - guess you know how tight the schedules of guided tours can be. :p

Just have a few questions on feeding which I hope fellow mummies can enlighten me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

- @ 14mths old, my boy should already be on full solid meals the entire day?

- And I suppose he still can't take our adult meals?

- And if so, I oso can't possibly be cooking his porridge in the hotel...how to manage his meals when outside then?

- I can't just feed him FM for all his meals, jus like how he was given when he's a baby, right?

Thanks mummies!

Jin,

Happen to read your post during my lunch hr (lunch in today), Just a quick reply from me, hope this helps.

1. Yes, baby should still on FM 2-3 times a day on top of solid meals, so must bring along the FM, few milk bottles (just in case u cant wash them thoroughly after each use) and thermos.

2. They can start eating some table foods, I am sure u know what to give him.

3. I brought along a slow cooker to cook his meals (was on F&E) when time permit. Else I gave him retortable baby foods, those can simply heat up by using hot boiled water or microwave. Suggest u let ur boy try them out first just in case he reject them. Besides, I also brought a lot of baby snacks and biscuits, my boy simply loves them.

4. Not recommended, but in the worst case for 1-2 days should be fine, definately not for long (I presume u will go for at least a week?).

And Nov should be winter in Korea, dun forget to do ur best to keep ur boy warm. Having say that, please bring along few common medicines with u, such as paracetamol, brufen, med for runny nose, diarrhea etc, just in case.

Hi mummies! I am mummy of a 28 month old girl and an 8 month old boy. I would like to share with you an awesome website to buy vitamins and organic baby items. The website is (http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=EBI116). Worldwide shipping is only US$4 and the savings I have made from buying from this site is huge! Here are some of my favourite buys:

1) Prenatal DHA http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-500-mg-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0 only costs US$24.61 for 45 days worth of pills. And the DHA per day is 450mg, higher than the ones that my gynae sold me for SG$55! I’m still taking them so that my boy can get DHA from my breastmilk.

2) Organic Fernugreek to help breastfeeding http://www.iherb.com/Fenugreek-Organic-2-fl-oz-60-ml/2925?at=0 only US$12 a bottle and it helped me to increase my supply by almost double! The taste is not strong and quite pleasant!

3) Sugar-free toddler vitamins http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Source-of-Life-Animal-Parade-Children-s-Chewable-Sugar-Free-Natural-Grape-Flavor-90-Animals/25894?at=0 US$14.03 My girl loves these!

4) Happy Baby brand organic baby food http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=happy+baby is so natural and wholesome! It’s much cheaper than Singapore! My girl loves the organic yoghurt snacks and my boy loves the organic baby food!

5) Avalon organics baby items http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=avalon+organics+baby They work so well for my boy with Eczema and smell great too!

If you are a first time buyer, please feel free to use my referral code EBI116 to get US$5 off your first purchase! Happy Shopping!

Sorry to interrupt... M selling Similac Follow-on Formula 400g (suitable from 6 months) for $10 (brand new, exp 13 June 2011). Collection from Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City at 9.30am or 5pm on Tues, Thurs, Fri. Please PM if interested. Thanks.

We are moving overseas so also having a garage sale of home appliances, furniture, children's toys and items. Click here for details: http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/gms/2389797585.html

Also selling the following:

1. Quinny Buzz Shopping Basket $40

2. Mendala PISA Pump $300

3. Baby Swimming Pool & Musical Neck Float ($50)

4. MIM Baby Sling $20

5. Hanamugari Japanese Baby Carrier $10

6. Avent DECT Baby Monitor SCD525 $100

7. Babylook Baby View Mirror $20

- Bought in Germany, not available in Singapore

- Large panorama mirror (19.5 x 10 cm)

- Can be used in almost every car. Just attach the mirror to the headrest of the set in which the car seat is in with the TÜV tested velcro attachment system

Collect at Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City (Tues, Thurs, Fri 930am or 5pm)

Pls PM if interested. Thanks!

Reali appeciate ur sharing phtanus! Especially when u cudn't enjoy ur lunch! Me feel so bad...Hee!

1. OKie noted. Like to noe...when we go overseas, how adaptable r our babies to the local water ah? Or need to be more kiasee and use bottled water? :p

2. Hmm...if Seoul, i think Rice Cakes r confirm ok. LOL

3. Wow u brought a slow cooker! Doubt I'll hv the time to prep the porridge for my boy cos guided tours r so like sherperd chasing the sheeps. Hahaha! "Retortable baby foods" are like what kind? Is it those Heinz baby jar ah?

4. Yah ard 5-6 days lor.

Accding to Korea tourism website, it's Autumn lah. Then again, nowadays the weather so krazy...not sure if winter will come early though. :p

Thanks for the reminder! Yeah....medicine should be on the top of my to-bring list! :D

Jac,

I put one in living and one for MB. so far ok, can on time monitor fr hp, if not can chane to recording mode. But sometime when we call in (as video call0, there will be no connection.

Hi mummies... My girl who is 8.5 mths still can't really crawl yet, can I know if babies of this age shld b crawling by nw?

My elder boy totally skipped e crawling stage, so I really hope my younger one can crawl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, haven't logged in for a long long time. Hope all of you are doing fine.

I'm also having a fair share of stress from work and home problems. Just got a new job 1 month ago and it's very stressful working at the new place, but I contantly tell myself that I'm doing it for my little darling and that keeps me in a better mood for the rest of the day. My hubby also gives me headache. Quarrelled with him for countless times. He either keeps playing with his handphone and ignores our gal, or he'll do everything wrong. MIL also giving headache. Simply hate going to MIL's house for dinner every week but what to do...if don't go back I get a lot of comments behind my back. Go there not only gotta endure comments, I still gotta be on my guard whenever she carries my darling. But I believe that motherhood makes a woman much stronger, so mummies, please persevere and hang in there. =)

Btw, would like to know, till when can we stop sterilizing the milk bottles etc?

sunshine - All babies progress differently so dun be too worried if she progresses a little slower. My girl just turned 8 mths and she can't really crawl yet but I throw her favourite toy a distance away and she'll scramble her way to reach her toy. Now she can lift her butt upwards and she's progressing much better. Do encourage your girl by telling her she's doing a good job even if she's just scrambling/slithering and let her reach for things that she love. Hope she'll be able to crawl soon!

And also, I heard from a fren of mine that it's important to go through the crawling stage. Not too sure why but I guess it's part of their development so it's better not to skip it.

Back