(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi Cami

Brown rice with si sen powder is good for health but doesn't taste yummy so if she's not eating well, better not start her yet. Also cannot give citrus fruits til above 12 months cos of its acidity, which will cause more phelgm. If she's having diahorrea, then dun give butternut as it is good for constipation. Think you can try to give some bananas (the smaller ones are sweeter) or applesauce?

Re: cleaning of teeth. Yes im using spiffies but i think i gotta upgrade to finger toothbrush le. Always got bitten by J'don and i will usually scream. Now i have phobia of putting my finger in.

Hello mummies

Birthday bash:

Am keen, mind sharing with me the details?

I am using finger toothbrush. Spiffies I used later bah, i still got one box balance from my boy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yvonne,

u kena bite finger u phobia..i kena bite neh neh lo..i latch my son..he bites me..bite n refused to let go n pull my nehneh...utimate lo..

jynnsan/yoshie

can u facebook me ur email address..i will email u all the details [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies,

sorry to distub, any preloved bumbo seat with tray for sale?

prefer to pickup near sengkang.

pls PM me the condition, color, price.

Hi mummies,

Wow.. I'm just about to start cleaning Nicole's teeth leh! =) Going to be using finger brush when home and spiffies when out. Also to share spiffies going at $11.90 per box of 20pcs at ntuc.

Question about fish - anybody heard of plaice? is this commonly available in ntuc? if not then what can i substitute it with? i'm trying out annabel karmel's recipe.. =)

Hi Karen,

Check out the size chart here:

http://parlezvousbebe.wordpress.com/size/

My girl wears Size 16 (her current size, suitable for 6-12mth). Size 18 also can, but a bit big. Maybe you can measure Christy's current tee from arm pit to arm pit and see if you want same size or up one size. Also suggest you get the girly tee (cuff sleeves) for Christy.

How about Cavin? We hv up to size 24 (suitable for 4-5yrs). My boy will be 5 in Aug and he wears size 24.

Hi, mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I got 14 sessions of baby spa to let go cheaply.

Please PM me if interested, Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.**************/contact.asp

Jynnsan

done [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

to share on bringing down fever

i called KKH Call A Nurse Service on wed as Kyra threw out all her panadol ..was wondering should refeed or not cos scared overdose

i was advised to feed her not immedaitely but 3 hrs later..in the meantime, was told to place her in a tub and splash her with warm water for 18 minutes

JTS ..

KK Ask-A-Nurse Service

This service is chargeable at 80 cents a minute

08:00 – 00:00 midnight

(Monday - Sunday, including Public Holidays) 1900-KK-Nurse or 1900-556-8773

it works [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ladies.. good things doesn't happen long. Now my big big boss don't like the idea of me working from home and changing me from a FULL time employee to a 3 months contractor....with renewable condition.

Oh well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] should i just quit ar??

Mommies! Need help!

Did u guys give or allow yr domestic helper mobile phone? I allow mine to call home using my phone once a month. She did told me she wan to get a Hp but I told her I dun allow cos I worried that she wun be concentrate on taking care of the children. I juz went bk home to change fOr a company event, n found her using a Hp. She said another maid borrow her this morning and later return bk when fetch my #1 from school. She said she use it to do SMS only and to her elder brother. And even once a month phone call she call her brother Hp instead of parents. How!!??

hi mummies,

long time never log in.

Can i check whether what can i do for my coming to 8 months old? She seems not very interested in the semi solids. So far, she's only interested in cereals and baby yogurt. Really hates it when i tried introducing porridge and purees like pumpkins, sweet potatoes.

Should i worried? Besides the above, i tried mixing those organic purees for her and she seems to like them. I'm worried that she's seems not interested to progress to more coarse food.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Jacqueline,

yes i allow my helper to use her HP, but caught her smsing when she was carrying my bb. So i warned her that if i see her handphone outside her room, i am going to confiscate it without telling her. She seems to get it now.

Thanks nigella! Think I shd talk to her later. B4 she start, I told her no Hp. Reason is me n my hb workin most of the time, can't really monitor her whether she using it daytime with 3 kids. Dun wan her list concentration.

BBL > am consideringggg hahahahaha

ohh one thing tick me off

Hours of work

Your hours of work are based on 38 hour week, Monday to Friday, within the core hours of 8 am to 6pm. However, from time to time, you may have to work longer hours in order to complete your task and responsibilites

Siao!!!! 8 -6 pm ... so i ask HR, she say within that time rangeee wor thats what it mean... piangz!

Jaq > just be careful and try to monitor more after u tell her that, as she would get into mood swings... yes they do that. but u must be firm. And if u see her acting weird u must warn her that u will tell agent etc etc...

and if u want to be more strict, u do a search in her room, i bet u still find the mobile phone in the room. SO either u want to be one eye open one eye close or 2 eyes open...

Thanks clueless! Had spoken to her m she apologize and firmly told me tis is the 1st time. I will find chance to search the room. Actually me n my hb oso suspect before cos once she quickly hide something below the pillow. But when we check there is nothing.

Yoshite

hehe, a lot of nice shots ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clueless

dun quit 1st..maybe things will change after 3 months..

i also wan to resign in Jan but wow,come feb and things seem to be getting better..

Jac

confirm cannot concentrate, so i can understand ur concerns...

that day i fetch my kids fr childcare..the maids just leave the kids playing ard ( near this road) while they chit chat among themselves and sms

it is so dangerous

the gathering @ my hse on 22 June is confirmed 2pm o 5pm..it is a wed..cya gals ;)

Nigella

dun worry..mine too..but somehow fr past experience..they will like food eventually..maybe not enough teeth at the moment

Pinkyluv,

Thanks! My bb still has not a single teeth yet. Hmm, i hope it's not too long, worried that she may not get enough nutrients

Clueless depends on if u really wish to work. If so don't quit first u can always quit when in aus. U hav parents to help u initially right. If not tink not easy to work n care for bb

Unless u send her to childcare

Haven't come in to talk kok for a while. Been so bz/tired since going back to work. Can't decide if I prefer to be on ML or back to work... *sigh*

Saw some of your pics from the recent gathering. Omg, your babies are all so big already! I only recall how they look like during Xmas gathering, which was the last I saw them. Wow, it's been 4 months since! How time flies!

Weaning

My girl doesn't seem to like sweet stuff too much. She makes face when eating banana and papaya. I'm more bochap with food when it comes to her. Hv fed her a bit of soya bean ice cream from Mr Bean! I was more strict when weaning my #1. :p

Teething

Megon's just sprouted 2 teeth below. Strange that both teeth come up at the same time. Wonder if that's a standard, cos I vaguely recall my boy also like that. Wah, those few nights before her teeth made their appearance, she was like fa1 dian1 at night, keep waking and making noise.

Swimming

Brought her swimming recently using the neck float. Fun! I think her "swimming exp" in the swim tub helps.

Hi mothers, Just to check what brand of mattress do you all use for your babies? I am using the rocio cot bed given mattress, it's a bit hard and not so cooling....Any recommendations?

Morning mummies,

Haven't logged in here for a long time too. Been very busy at work and at home.

Pinkyluv,

I am confirm going ur place for gathering on 22nd.

Weaning

My boy is now more tam jiak. Feed him porridge liao he still eh eh eh for our dinner table food. So end up i fed him rice grains and he keep on asking for it. Pengz!!

Swimming

Saw that a few of you have let ur babes swim in swimming pools. I tot it should be after one year old becos of the drying effect of chlorine.

OP,

My boy also have both his teeth sprout up together. Now no sound no picture.

Cami- Thermal jar Tiger brand or Thermal brand is good. Mattress - I use BB safe brand.

Pomme- Just make sure give them a good bath after swim lor. My Boy drank a big mouth of the swimming pool water because of careless mummy. Play forward swim without seeing where his mouth was. Everything still ok thot.

Karen,

I also want to lelong my S26 FM. Self collection at Yew Tee mrt or Tiong Bahru MRT weekdays.

Cami

I have the tiger brand thermal food jars. Yet to use it, though i think it is better than the zarujushi (elephant) brand de.

Bb mattress,

I used the same as ur and my boy sleep quite ok on it, so i just leave it be.

Leo baby

Ok. I am lazy mum to bring him to public pool, maybe will try to bring him to the BB civil service club to try out. But first must get him a thermal swim suit. Are you thinking of signing Rei for infant swimming class? I am just considering it but need enuff babies to form a class.

I think our babes should be more resilient since they have been gumming all the things they can get their hands on.

Pinkyluv,

Got meeting on 9th may so not able to meet liao. See you on 22nd June then.

DYM

Mine just came two days back. Sian.. end of my padless days. Just went to stock up.

Stop bfing

Any one stopped liao? My NNs seems to have collapsed from the lack of milk. Now they seem smaller and with looser skin than before pregnancy. Super sad.

I came in to air my controlled anger with helper. Its a very long story so I hope who ever reading can bear with me.

Was home early one day because child had fever and realised that my helper pick up the home phone very quickly when I called. I had instructed her to delay pickup in case its fax and that got me suspicious. When home, the phone rang and the usual me who don't pick it up did. It was my neighbour helper asking for my helper. I ask further abt her intend but the problem is they had been communicating etc... without my knowledge and I repremanded my helper. She knew she did wrong and that very day hb and I decided to sent her back. We did not do it immediately but gotten a new one first then slowly act on getting her out. According to agency we have to ask her what are her plans when WP expire. To tranfer, renew or go home? I set it up for her answer to be go home and she agreed. So I guess she expected it coming when I ask her to do big household chore. I was still very puzzled how she knew but she smart ask to call home today and my hb and I being the nice one was actually planning to tell her tmr agreed to let her know today. I had decided to stay home today so as to ensure no funny things from her and I heard the helper from downstairs called for her. I was mad and I asked her to come up. That time my helper was in the toilet. She passed a slip of her address and I sort of asked her to stop whatever stupid doing. I didn't take it on my helper and when asked to buy some new clothes to go home, I spend the whole afternoon shopping with her and also bought her a set of clothes. When gotten home, the door bell ring and I thot I saw that same helper at the door and to my dismay its another one. When my helper started talking to her I stop them and I started questioning how many are there. The first helper appear and started talking to mine and I had to tell me helper that she knows that this is enough. one of the helper pass her a recipe which i said I will need to copy that so as to know what is ot actually. With all this happenings I still treated my helper with a sane mind as I keep echoing to myself if she had done any wrong thing like stealing or etc... its her Karma. I just do what I want to thank her for helping out my family. I only felt that all these relationship bad feeling could have ended better if she had not broke the trust that I once had with her. Ever since this myanmmar helper maid came into the neighbourhood my helper had changed.

pomme,

How you stop bf? The milk supply just decrease till disappear? My supply is going to disappear by itself very soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] After 12hrs, I don't even feel engorge. Now right yield is only 20ml after 8hrs of break. sad sad sad...

hehehe... lelong ah... FREE S26 FM!!! Come and take!

Leo_baby n jacqueline,

I totally understand how u all feel.. Haiz, anyway my maid is doing a lot of little thingns that got me upset too. Sigh, we r about to return her hp as we promise her that she can have it back after 6 mths which is due. Past 2 days we went to Malaysia and my aunt told me my maid mention that my daughter liked the biscuits my aunt has at home. So my aunt gave her the whole packet. We wanted to test her honesty, so we wait till we back in Singapore as my maid totally din mention when we were in msia the whole time.When we r back in Singapore, today we asked her whether my aunt given a packet of biscuits for my gal, she act blur say dun have. Then she drama and act like she recall something and went to her bag and took out a packet of biscuits, n said it was nt for my daughter n my aunt gave it to her. I told her my aunt said it was for my daughter,she said the packet given to my daughter is finished by my gal Liao. Then right in my face, she open the packet,and started eating. Then I buay tahan n told her so it's her who like the biscuits not my daughter. This maid is 40 yrs old, I totally can't control her.. Haiz. Feel like sending gal to infant care or baby sitter instead as this maid issue got me n my hubby quarreling many times n is putting a lot of stress on me mentally.however bcos my gal wakes up a lot at nite, so she takes care of her at nite, n if she is gone, I will hv to take care of her myself..then I will hv prob coping..

wah so many pose how cant catch up liaos

Healthy breastfed baby contest:

for those who r interested, i did my payment today...the admin just say bfing MAY b required...so got chance that they need feeding in front of judges... for those who r still interested last submission on 14 may but they may close earlier once they reach 200 contestants...and they say group B (6-12mth) quite a lot of ppl joining

Weaning

my bb still but eat mushy food...feed him carrots and sweet potato sticks

teething

3 teeth le! hope he can eat more food after this :D

swimming

I brought mine to malaysia for his 1st dip...he had lots of fun :D

Bevemum- guess we just have to act not to trust Hellers. After I had a camera I can tell more things of them. Last nite she just lie thru when I had already chk the recording. Very fuming but Hb always tell me don't need to affect our health thru anger. now on way to airport glad don't need to see her long face liao

Kristelle- 3 teeth can eat a lot more then no teeth. My boy has his full set for before 1 yr old total 8 teeth Liao. When he had 4 teeth we intro him white bread Liao. He loves it. Now we will give him whenever we have breakfast

Back