(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

A bit gross...

Super piss with my menses flow!!!! Is my third day already.

Never in my life I experience such super duper heavy flow for two days till it overflow twice in my sleep last night. The flow was heavy to the extend that I hv to change my pad every 3hrly, more than that it will stain my pants. So worry abt the staining part. To make matter worse, the blood simply gush out!!! Makes me worry when I can feel the heavy dash. My next thought is, oh no... Got stain on chair? My pants ok?

How I wish I can sit on the toilet bowl n let it just flow out. Can I work in the toilet today? Flow out more is good but pls don't give me disturbed mind can? I rather hv the super duper heavy flow when I'm at home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Athena - take 3 solid meals a day but her milk intake drop. She only take the bottle before she sleeps at night.

Breakfast - 3 big scopes of Cereal mix with EBM 60ml, spoon feed 20ml EBM, 1/2 slice of bread or steam a small pc of toufu or steam egg york with fish soup.

Teabreak - EMB 90ml or biscuit (self feeding on a small plate)

Lunch - Pork Porridge, probiotics, veg (depends on what I buy usually organic) + spoon feed 60ml EBM

Teabreak - Fruit puree. (Pear, cherry, tomato, capcicum, sweet potato etc) + water

Dinner - Fish Porridge, veg (same as Lunch. we usually cook 1 time serve lunch & dinner) + spoon feed 60ml EBM.

Before sleep - EBM 90ml to 125ml

BBL,

Glad you find your workplace a great improvement. Bb crawling is so much better than walking.

My boy drank up some of my facial product he swipe off my table. Lucky that bottle almost used up and max volume is only 5 ml. He also swipe the thermal flask for his hot water down from the table. The cover broke into two lor. He can now reach for our dining table and take our cutlery.

Mummyliang,

I think you need to give nicole more water. I remember somewhere i read that bb's total liquid intake per day is 150ml x bb weight in kg.

There's lots of spreeists in the forum. Depends on which spreeist you are comfortable with the terms and delivery or pick up points. For cod liver oil you will definitely need self pick up or courier cos it is glass bottle,may break easily. I order mind from tan leng leng cos she is very good with updates and don't mark up price.

I think 2T and 3T is sizing for US based children's clothes. 2T would corresponce to 2 year old toddler so 3T can fit 3 year old preschooler.

Karen

I understand what you mean. You must be very unsettled in your sleep, always thinking whether it will overflow or not. It will pass soon.

I don't monitor my baby's eating portions much. He he another lazy mummy sign.

Can actually self feed from 6 mo. But are you prepared for the mess??? And I meanbu can let them have spoon and all... It will take time for them to learn coordination so mess is inevitable. I have been letting him have those small finger puffs to practice his fine motor skills and self feeding since 6.5mo

Then moved to giving him some pica of soft fruit like whole strawberries. Started giving him little cups of water ala medicine cups. Sometimes he manages to drink from it and mostly he enjoys dumping the water.

He helps himself to water from straw bottle.

Spoon feeding. I give him little sticky bits of food on spoon, guide him to mouth. Now he has gotten hang of putting foodbon spoon into mouth... But throwing food and seeing it fly n land on mummy's face still more fun.

I am going to cont letting him try though so he can master it soon!

Think being the second he is sooo much easier w feeding. Eats so much . Sometimes more tn his 34mo Kor Kor.

My bb eats abt 2 Avent VIA cups worth of porridge, abt 6oz per cup? I think each cup is equal to a plastic ikea bowl (the colorful 6-pack kind). He may eat 1/4 cup for breakfast just after his 7oz milk.

Wow pommelow, the flask one a bit scary, thank God he's safe.

Sarahmay, wow that's a lot of cleaning to do if I allow self-feeding! Admire your determination to train your bb..

Mummyliang, I have a jar of baby food prune ready for those constipated days. bb dun like the taste, but I stick in a few spoons in between other spoons of porridge or cereal. Something more palatable is papaya actually. Can try that off and on to get the system going [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

D takes almost 1hr to eat solids...

Clothes - if u see my fb, D is quite skinny, so I bought a size 1 shirt fr KiddyPalace for him. Turns out his head couldn't go thru! I felt so guilty that I didn't know my bb's size well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. Exchanged for size 2 now

Using walker - read that the kind that bb can sit in may delay walking , trains the lower leg and not upper leg muscles. Not sure if true. My caregivers use this for D and he can'tstand/walk without support yet. Note that he started standing with support and crawling with tummy off floor at 7 and 8 mths respectively.

Can't wait for this Saturday! But I think I may be tired out having to prop him up all the time..

Ccpet

If u are worry, y not just tell the caregivers to stop using the walker for the time being. T2 also crawl around 7-8mth as he is more interested in walking than crawling. He can now chase after his Sis by walking.

Sarah

I can't stand kids making a mess at the dinning table cause I will be the one to clean up after that.

When u free for a playdate?

Breakfast

Wat do u gals give other than cereal? T2 is sick of cereal n is taking wholemeal bread only.

Mummyliang

I have bring giving both kids flaxmeal which says that it helps constipation . Try goggle for more info.

T2 drink abt 100 ml of water at one go and he drink abt 2-3 times a day.

Karen

Can't imaging when my menus is due.

Pomme,

gideon is active..and dangerous...but thats part n parcel of growing up..

150ml x 10kg =1500ml...thats alot!! my son drink abt 150-200ml a day..

Mummyliang,

Wah u can let bb sleep on their own..my son cant..crying for me during night time..headache..

Karen,

I understand..mine also super heavy when it first came last mth..super gross..super duper hate it..

Sarah,

u r my idol..i cant stand having a messy bb..my bb cant self feed yet..but likes to play with his cutlery..

Hi Mummies

I have extra swensen 50% off F & B coupon (pay $20 get $40 voucher value) to letting go. Please let me know who are keen otherwise i will refund to groupon

Phew, luckily my flow subsided... Hate it when is so heavy when I'm at wrk. This morning I stained the bed again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] not full leh dunno y it just flow n kana the bed. My silly hb say, the bedsheet has stains, u nv put ur pad meh? So angry with him lah! It want to stain the bedsheet I can control meh?!

I think many mummies are busy preparing the 1st birthday bash! How's your preparation going on?

Karen,

Heavy flow -

What happened to me is worse!!! I stained on my office chair!!! I really wish i can find somewhere to hide. So ma-lu.

jynnsan,

Me too - I also stained my office chair! My mense was crazy heavy for first 2~3 days and then continuous spotting for almost 10days!

Tomorrow's the first bb bash right? Have fun all mummies & babies involved!

hello!

just popping in here to say nice to meet all those mommies with cutie babies for the first time (or after long time) today!

thanks once again to babyT and leobaby (correct nic hor..me lao liao...cannot rber) for all the hard work coordinating!

Hi mummies! It was nice meeting up with you all and catching up with some of you! Baby Jessica had a great time and she totally knocked out the moment we reached home. =)

Just to share, if your baby has constipation, can try giving beetroot. My baby used to have serious constipation problem and ever since I started her on beetroot, she poops like twice a day.

On menses...does it come immediately after we stop breastfeeding? I intend to stop once Jessica turns one, but I'm going on a long trip one week after I stop breastfeeding. So I guess the 1st menses will most likely last more than a week?

Hello Mummies,

It was wonderful to meet up with again with you ladies and your babes after a long break. Think our last gathering en mass was for CNY. Our babes have made much progress since we last met. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyMaine and Leobaby

Thanks for all your hard work to make this baby bash such a smashing good time for all of us who attended.

JWT Trial class

We have only one mth to utilise the voucher mummies. I think only two type of class suit our babes.

Squeakers: 4 to 10 mths or

Only tues 3.12pm to 4pm at UE Sq

Content of class: children ages four to 10 months learn how to crawl through tunnels, ride on cool toys, do thumb pull-ups, manipulate objects and follow along with songs. In the development of these skills, their understanding of speech improves and a sense of trust starts to develop. Squeakers also start gaining a better awareness of things around them and begin understanding cause/effect.

Wobblers: 11 mths to 18 mths.

Wed 2.45pm to 3.30pm or thurs 9.30am to 10.15am or sat 10.45am to 11.30am

This class for children ages 11 to 18 months encourages curiosity as your Tumbler learns how to push toys, kick a ball, walk on the balance beam, start basic tumbling techniques, sing songs and interact with others. In the development of these skills the children get to explore the gym, and interact with big magical bubbles, all while sharpening their vocabulary skills and gaining more muscle control.

Any mummies interested to go for the trial class together? I would prefer the wobblers class content and schedule for wed. Anyone?

Angela

Kudos to you for breastfeeding for so long. I think menses wun come immediately after you stop breastfeeding. Some mummies have menses while they still breastfeed. My first menses din stretch so long.

Jynnsan,

Oh no.. now that you ladies shared. I will be careful next time my menses come, though i think it wun show on my black office chair hor?

Dear mummies,

If any one of u have decided to close bb production and are giving away your bb stuff, Can I ask for your help? A friend of mine has suddenly gotten his 3rd child after close production for 6 yrs and most of their stuff had been given away. He is the only person providing income to the family of four. He is not a high income earner as such he has requested for help from ppl around. Pls let me know if you have intend to give away. Thank u very much.

Pomme, me! I brought D to a trial class, and was really impressed by the program =). The teachers are really entertaining and as a parent, you never feel lost regarding what's happening or what you/your kid is supposed to do. At other schools, i really had the sense that they don't usually do <2 year old programs.... GUG feels like a seamless, interactive musical-drama for kids from start to finish.

I wished there was more mandarin though... something my hb and i are lacking, haha!

BUT i think the limiting factor is the kid. maybe now it's ok. I brought D at 8mths plus, when he still needed to nap quite a lot, so 1.5hrs was really tough..

Maybe just go for a trial class and see how u find it. I didn't sign up (cos of our packed schedule!). But my colleague whose kid attended it for just 1year says he thinks his son really reaping the benefits of it. Now his son is 2+ and sometimes shows how he remembers things learnt from those GUG classes, with the things he say or do...

Happy National Day everyone! I hope you r spending an awesome time with your family..

Bday cake - do you all hv cake shops or lobangs to recommend?

Last night, my hb decided that we should at least hv some pics of Daniel's bday, so here I am hunting for children's cakes now. Not doing a huge bday party so the elaborate fondants cakes look too much...

Does anybody know places which sell edible cake print art??? I'm thinking I'll get some cartoon print and ask the HDB cake shop to smack it on...

Tx!

Angela - My menses came last month even though I'm still bf ing and this month, it's late. Last month it was very light and lasted only 3 days...? But anw it was really a hassle having to change my pad and change nicole's diaper!

Ccpet/Pomme - I'm thinking of brining Nicole for the trial class. Ccpet, can you share more? Are the GUG classes parent accompanied? Is it like pre-nursery like that or...?

Mummies...

1) whenever i cook minced pork/beef meat, they always clump together and become hard. Any way I can prevent the meat from clumping together?

2) how and when should I start toilet training Nicole?

Thank you so much!

Ccpet, thats oso one of the main readons y we're having a party for Bb. Alot of pp lik pines garden. Bengawan's was surprisingly gd, when my fren used them. U can cjeck out prima or even swenzens. All 3 have license for cartoon/ disney etc. U goto check which license they hold though... If u wan real gd cakes, check out Iron lady's blogspot for best cakes... Of cos there r always the big names like 1 caramel, perla's, Valentino... I m still hunting for my ice cream cake cos oni Swenz seems to have the mould for figures and alphabets...

Mummyliang,

Me too. I had my first last mth then tis mth it didnt come. I have never ever missed a mense so m

Wondering if my system is irregular now?

Mummyliang: scoop your hot soup in a small bowl and pour the mince pork in it and quickly stir. pour in when porridge about to ready.. it will become hard when u leave it in for too long a time.

Yvonne - Actually I stir-fried the minced beef... but it clumped up =.=" I guess the fire was too high and I didn't stir quickly enough?

ccpet,

Thanks for your sharing.. I think i will bring Gideon for the trial after church service. Am interested to sign him up if he likes it. I heard rave reviews about them. You can try their GK mandarin when D is older.

Mummyliang

GUG clases are parent accompanied until bb is 18th mth. I have gotten their leafet on the class. They have music, song, puppetry plus some other stuff in a 1.5 hr lesson each time. The weekend lesson is a reflection of their weekday classes for babes of the same age which is up to 3 times a week.

My mummy is starting toilet training for Gideon once he can walk more steadily.

I usually steam the mince meat with some soup and stiring once in a while to loosen the pieces. I think not good to stir fry food for bb now cos may be heaty.

Pommelow,

Yup I finally had time to go down to GUG to ask around. It sounds good and I am thinking of brining Nicole for a trial class soon I think. Want to go together?

Mummyliang,

Sure.. I am thinking of going for the 11.30am lesson at suntec after my church service on sundays. But got to see if Gideon slept during children'church, if he din sleep he will sure fall asleep in the GUG class since he need to wake up at 7am to get ready for church.

Dear mummies who attended 13 aug birthday bash...for those who took the blue goodie bag, can u pls kindly check if there is a wallet in it...my hubby swopped a goodie bag which i might have placed my wallet in...or has anypne recall any wallet lying around ytd? if u find it/ seen it pls contact me at 94520504

Pinky, Dawn and other mummies-involved in the organisation

Thank you v much for organising the 1st bday bash on 13 Aug, Sat. The cupcake tasted great, i.e. not too sweet, and the company and the goodie bags were simply fab !!

The only tiny area for improvement was the way the Gymboree staff ran the activities, I thought that can be tightened up a lot more. But I suppose this depends on the personality of the staff at these places, and it's not something totally controllable at our end :)

aishite

i agree totally [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i think we should try out a new venue next round[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Really appreciate the efforts of bbdreamz ( who was the treasurer); Angela who ordered the cupcakes from Cake Avenue; Kris who engages both the photographer & videographer; Dawn, Colleen , Ebelle & starluster for contacting the relevant companies in giving us such wonderful goodies bags

btw, 4 months later it will be Christmas [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] those who are keen in having a xmas bash on Saturday 17 Dec pls PM me ..we will choose a venue with gym activities

PS: start looking for Green or Red Clothes ok :p

have uploaded a lot of pics in my fb, do add me for participants not in my facebook hor so tat i can tag u ..drop me an email [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

To all mummies who have put in time and effort for putting together the party, a very big thank you !!!!

yeps, agree that gymboree staff didn't put thots or effort in arranging the party. Felt that they jus took a usual class n use it for the party. felt somewhat "cheated" !!! n i didn't happen to c any barnyard decor leh....where was it huh???

Actually, i've been on class trials at a few plcs and sad to say the stds at places frequent by expats have somewhat better service n staff. so mayb for the christmas party, this can be put into consideration too?

A BIG Thank you to all the organizers and others who put in all the effort for the party last Sat.. Glad to see you all again.

I do agree that the Gymboree standard was sort of below my expectation - and they were ultra calculative with the timing. I used to bring my older boy there last time and the service was much better. So yes, it really depends on the staff they employ. Not within our control.

Suggestion for Christmas Bash - My Gym at Great World City. Not sure if they can do a good babies' party. But they did a great one for my son's 5th bday.

thanks to all organizer for the effort u gals put in.

Gymboree

it just like another class session.nothing special.

The barnyard deco was only on the window.

Hi ladies, for those who went to JWT, how would you compare then? I just thought the trainers were overwhelmed... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Phyphy, I can take leave on this Thursday. Can u go peekaboo this thu?

Leila

now u reminded me ! abt Barnyard

think i will be dropping them an email tmr

yeah, i agree with u abt that , they were kind of lazy that day

ccpet

hehe, if JWT were overwhelmed, i think Gymboree trainers were over-relaxed

Chin

Thanks for the tip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Pomme also suggest GWC , but at Amazonia..

i think that will be a good location, centralised [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies! can anyone share wif me online lobang for prewalker shoes for boys? I've googled for it but can't find any good ones.

I'm looking to get a nice pair for my boy's first year old party.

Thanks!!

Hi

Pinkyluv: As usual, u are so fast in organizing the next bash ;)

Think the bday bash goodie bags is really quite special, thanks to the mummies who source for the goodie bags. As for the bday bash, as I was quite late, so may not be a good judge of the event. Didn't see any farmyard theme, so not sure if I missed it in the early part, but heard Gymboree only sing some songs re farmyard theme, that's all. Actually I was expecting to see pple dressed up as animals for the kids haha.

My suggestion for the next bash is we should have a venue that can cater for a slightly longer event, think at least 2.5-3 hours, so we can get to enjoy food, chit chat and take photos. Feel that day was quite a rush, and most of us prob didn't manage to talk much to each other.

What about considering some function room if anyone got lobang?

Hi mummies,

My hubby kenna HFMD. I think it maybe due to the Gymboree baby bash. Think my Gideon kenna too. Super sian. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mommies,

Tx for those who gave me cake ideas. Will see what the hb decides [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..

JO how abt the shoes at Nex kiddy palace? There used to b a shop at tanjong pagar mrt selling just baby shoes, not sure if it's still there.

Pinkyluv, count me in for Xmas. I once attended Little Gym trial, thought it was very good too. But not sure of bday party. In any case, can I digest some adult ice breakers? Paiseh I still can't remember who is who, heh.. Also, daddies joining in may feel a bit lost.. Tx!

Hi Mummies

Any suggestions where I can bring Baby for his birthday? Thinking to take the day of with hub then bring baby somewhere fun for him to enjoy since its his birthday.

Hi Pomme,

Talk abt HFMD. Back in yr 2007, my DS1 also kena after having his trial @ Gymboree marine parade (now closed down already). [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

xiao pang

the new indoor playground at GWC seems fun . Me too thinking where to bring him to play. The places i think of are zoo,science center,wet wet wild n amazonia (@ GWC)

Back